Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You said Fairley sucks too. Funny how everyone else can suck except Suh, but at least we know he'll be good if they can find a way to sign Henry Melton, and two DE's in the first two rounds that become studs.

It's just funny to hear you keep saying how that D-line sucks and he needs some talent next to him. Detroit can't afford to take a D-lineman every year in the top 15, eventually Suh has to get it done like every other player in the NFL.

Answer me this: What all pro talent was on the line his rookie year? Why was he able to play so much better then that affords him so many excuses now? If you think Fairley and Avril isn't enough talent on the D-line to succeed then Suh is a bust in your own terms.
I said Fairley is inconsistent. Their DEs are terrible. And Suh had a great year rushing the passer. Better than I initially thought. 9 sacks and more qb hits than any DT by a wide margin, including Geno. That's incredibly impressive. My issue is his run defense, and that goes to coaching bc of the wide 9.

But Suh had an amazing year, it just gets lost bc he's a giant turd.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comparing Ngata's pass rushing to Atkins or Suh isn't fair. If Ngata was playing a 4-3, he'd put up better numbers. He's also far superior taking on blockers and filling gaps in the run game. Neither of these guys sniff the overall impact that Ngata or Wilfork have on the game IMO.

As for HOF - way to early for me to give a vote. It's going to be an uphill battle for a defensive lineman to make the HOF unless he is a terrific pass rusher. Not really fair but that's just the way it is. If he can sustain his level of play for another 3-5 years, I'd vote him in.

BTW, I'm a Browns fan. Still makes me sick that we traded down to Ravens to let them pick Ngata.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man Ngata is a freak.

If you think about it, this play never should have happened because Ngata should not have been able to close in pursuit on RG3.
This was like 10-15 yards downfield.