Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 01-19-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Cooper in the 1st round.

It would be underwhelming to just come away with an undersized OG in the first 2 round.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
Here is a mock that I would like to happen:

Round 1: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina, 6'3", 310 lbs (not as hyped as Warmack but I think he is just as solid)

Round 3: Will Davis, CB, Utah State, 6'0", 186, he probably does not get much recognition because of his college but he is 11th in the nation with interceptions. I also like Adrian Bushell, Louisville, in the 3rd Rd. He was with Florida and was expected to take Joe Haden's spot when he left for the NFL, however, Urban Meyer left Florida so Bushell did also

Round 4: Lavar Edwards, OLB/DE, LSU, 6'4", 258 lbs - lost in the headlines because of Mingo and Montgomery on the LSU squad but production is pretty close with sack total second behind Montgomery.

Round 6: Abry Jones, DT/DE, 6'3", 308 lbs, Georgia - perfect 5-tech candidate

Round 7: Brandon Bishop, FS, 6'2", 205 lbs, North Carolina State, solid safety
Not a fan at all of that draft. Id rather get OG Larry Warford over Cooper in the late 2nd. In the 1st, I want to come out with an impact defensive player. Maybe someone like Matt Elam, Kenny Vaccaro, Sheldon Richardson, or Johnathon Hankins.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Matt Elam is going to hold up in the NFL. He plays with his head down and throws himself around way too much. If we want a ball hawk we should draft Xavier Rhodes (has incredible ability locating and getting to the ball while in the air; he judges the ball really well). I'm fine with Sheldon Richardson as well. As for safety Eric Reid is my top prospect because he plays in a way that he will hold up when tackling. He rarely blows coverages and is extremely intelligent.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the same concerns about Elam. He will Bob Sanders his way out of the NFL. I think the safety value is in late round 2 through round 4 this year.

The more I consider the offseason, the more I expect to add at least two new OL starters and at least one starting defensive back in free agency. That will seriously impact what the Colts look for on draft day.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it is hard to judge pre-free agency. I agree about the value of the safety position. I'm also interested to see what Ijialana's situation is. When he did see the field was he decent at all? Regardless, OL needs to be addressed. 2-3 new starters. I hope someone like Larry Warford, Dallas Thomas, Lane Johnson, or Kyle Long slip to the 3rd round.

If we get the OL to play more aggressively then we might even have a run game to work with.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out. Xavier Rhodes is my favorite CB over Millner and Banks. If he falls to us I would be completely fine with that pick.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are mixed reviews on Ijalana as an NFL tackle. I only ever saw him play when Castonzo got hurt when they were rookies. I thought he played well and looked surprisingly athletic. I've seen others say he looked bad. Hopefully he gets some chances in minicamps and training camp. I've heard rumors locally that Grigson doesn't like him and that he'll probably be cut. That would be a shame.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul K via ESPN breaks down our FAs to be and areas of need to a T.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...anapolis-colts

Also, could a mod change the title this thread to '13 Draft/Offseason?
Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the only regular season action he got was about a quarter of a game. I recall him being lost, but athletically capable of doing the job. I seem to recall that Manning wanted nothing to do with him for the time they were both here.

Also, the injury label they used for Ijalana was a signal that they didn't want him anymore, or at least it wouldn't break their heart to lose him. Here's an articale summarizing the situation: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-ben-ijalana/
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Darelle Revis may be available for trade. Can you guys imagine him and Davis as our starters at corner? OMG.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-24-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's only 27, but doesn't he have a significant injury history? I'd need a long-term deal with a no-holdout clause in it. Seems the Jets are having to deal with him in some way or another every other year.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
He's only 27, but doesn't he have a significant injury history? I'd need a long-term deal with a no-holdout clause in it. Seems the Jets are having to deal with him in some way or another every other year.
That's because they kept slapping bandaids on his contract instead of just paying him what he was worth. Now they've waited too long and can't afford him.

I'm not saying do a Herschel Walker trade for him. There would need to be provisions for games played and he'd have to pass a physical and some athletic tests. But if he is still the best CB in the NFL, and he's available, we have to at least consider bringing him in. How often are we going have an opportunity to trade for that level of player AND have the cash to lock him up long-term?

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-26-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

That is an exciting possibility and Grigson might be the type of GM to make it happen.

On other fronts, does anyone know anything about our new OC? Is it too early to tell what our offense might look like with him taking over?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-26-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only time I saw Stanford play and pay much attention was in the last two years with Shaw as the HC. Liberal use of two TE sets and even large bunch formations seem common regardless of down. I would hope Pep would incorporate some of the deeper passing routes that Arians had. I'm not sure what role slot receivers have so Hilton's role is a mystery to me right now.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

I'd be for a Revis trade but wonder what the Jets realistically think they'll get for him? I wouldn't want to trade this year's 1st for him. We'd be toast in our quest to upgrade the lines.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

If we do get revis and give him ~$14m a year, we still have ~$30m or so to spend. That's still plenty of money to spend on O & D lines. The question is, if we give Davis 8-10m to be a #2 CB, we're now spending ~20% of our cap space on 2 CBs.

While Luck is cheap its not a big deal, but once his rookie contract is up, we're going to have tough choices to make.

Not sure if I said it here or elsewhere, but I think once we see who is available at free agency will determine if its worth it. If the market is thin with a lot of buyers, Revis makes sense. If there's a ton of FAs with few buyers, we could get more value there.

Last edited by falloutboy14 : 01-26-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

I'm not saying this is a good decision, but is there a chance we sign Freeney? I really think both parties would benefit from parting, but I'm afraid we might piss away some cap space on him when he doesn't really fit the system. Is it pretty clear he is out the door or are there reports of negotiations?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

There's a pretty strong CB FA class this year so if Revis' demands are off we should look at Brent Grimes, Sam Shields, Sean Smith, Cary Williams, DRC, someone like that.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-27-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
I'm not saying this is a good decision, but is there a chance we sign Freeney? I really think both parties would benefit from parting, but I'm afraid we might piss away some cap space on him when he doesn't really fit the system. Is it pretty clear he is out the door or are there reports of negotiations?
I've heard no reports yet. I think it's best for both sides if Freeney signs elsewhere with a 4-3 style of defense. I think the Falcons or Vikings might be ideal places for him. Even playing out of position and hurt for most of the year he still got a lot of hurries this year. It didn't translate to sacks unfortunately as I think it's time Grigson brings in a true rush OLD/DE to play in the scheme as Pagano would envision. Would think the draft be our best bet in reaching the goal.

Forever grateful for Polan/Dungy drafting him when he was viewed as being undersized for a DE picked early in the 1st round. Without him, we don't win the Super Bowl.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I'm sure Freeney is gone. He is a defensive lineman. I thought he'd be able to make the switch but he either can't or won't. It doesn't look to me like he worked to drop much (if any) weight to increase his agility. I am hoping to replace him w/one of the draft prospects.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-28-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time to let Freeney walk. Just hope he doesnt sign with a team like the titans. Be pretty cool if he went to NYG

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

Agreed that freeney isn't a 3-4 olb. Sadly the last two years have had several business decisions, though this should be the last for a while. Unless people just love them some Vinatieri.

Also Grigs won executive of the year. Definitely deserving.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:20 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Keep seeing Keenan Allan mocked to us. I personally hate it, but what do you guys think? Also, Hankins and I don't like that either.

Wanna share your boards since Senior Bowl?

I got Xavier Rhodes, Jonathan Cooper, Shariff Floyd, and Okafor (Although I still have a lot of questions about him. Do you guys know if he can play rush linebacker?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 02-07-2013, 03:47 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Keep seeing Keenan Allan mocked to us. I personally hate it, but what do you guys think? Also, Hankins and I don't like that either.

Wanna share your boards since Senior Bowl?

I got Xavier Rhodes, Jonathan Cooper, Shariff Floyd, and Okafor (Although I still have a lot of questions about him. Do you guys know if he can play rush linebacker?
I'm not a fan of Sharrif Floyd. I don't think he fits what the Colts will want to do at 5-Tech. He's poor in the run game and has very poor technique. He's a 1 gap penetrator, not a 2-Gap control player.

I like Allen. If the Colts are taking a 1st Round WR I like him or Terrance Williams in the 1st. I just don't know whether or not there is value taking a receiver in the 1st especially with greater value at other positions of need likely to be available.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Here's a rough Colts big board, ignoring positions I don't think we should try to address in the draft. Obviously we won't have a shot at some of these guys.

DT Star Lotulelei
OLB Jarvis Jones
OLB Damontre Moore
OG Chance Warmack
OT Luke Joeckel
OT Eric Fisher
OLB Bjoern Werner
CB Dee Milliner

DE Sheldon Richardson
OLB Barkevious Mingo
OLB Ezekiel Ansah
OLB Dion Jordan

WR Cordarelle Patterson
OT/OG DJ Fluker
OG Jonathan Cooper
DE Datone Jones
CB Xavier Rhodes

OLB Sam Montgomery
CB Desmond Trufant
OG Travis Frederick
OG Larry Warford

DL Jesse Williams
DE Sharrif Floyd
S Kenny Vaccaro
OT Lane Johnson
OG/C Barrett Jones
S Eric Reid

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 02-07-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cooper is growing on me a bit, but I'm still not crazy about picking OG in the 1st round even if that's our biggest need.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote