Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-18-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yah, I see him more as a poor man's Mario Williams than say a JJ Watt or Calais Campbell.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsandgats View Post
Nearing his physical peak? kind of like how Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton and Brett Kiesel played well until their mid 30's? and Justin Smith just hit his peak last year and he is now 33?
I hate to tell you, but football is about more than just being physical. There is a ton of technique and decision making. Players continue to play, even though their physical skills decline.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
RGKnee
Rookie

RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
When I watch Hunt play I see a tall guy with issues getting low and he's skinny. Looks like a 43 end to me, doesn't really look like he can anchor in a 34.
He only looks skinny because, as you mentioned, he's really tall. He's not going to be as stocky as shorter linemen, but he weighs nearly 300 pounds and has just as much if not more muscle mass as any of them. Combine that with his huge levers, and he has incredible power.

He could play either the 43 or 34. It will be up to NFL teams to try and figure out where he belongs.
RGKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGKnee View Post
Why are there so many dumb posts on this forum?

I just finished explaining to you that he was the best at his position in all of college football this year, and challenged you to name somebody that was better, but you just ignored that and posted some inanity about him being a "marginal player".

He's at the top of most teams boards already as a 3-4 end, I guarantee you, and he could also play as a 4-3 edge rusher that just adds to his value. Add the fact that he's the greatest kick blocker in NCAA history, and he's already a first round value. This is reflected in almost every mock out there where he is a late first or early second round pick. If he was 21, he would be the number 1 pick, no questions asked.
I watched the Senior Bowl all week this week, and the game yesterday, and I can state conclusively that Margus Hunt had an awful week. Who cares if he is 6'8 and 277? I don't care what he runs, I don't care how far he can throw a shot, he's marginal at best.

You want me to name a better DE? Where do I start? If there were 8 DEs at the Senior Bowl then there's 7 DEs right there that are better than him.

Based on his weak production in a poor conference and his terrible showing in the Senior Bowl practices and game, as well as him being 26, I wouldn't take him before round 5. Perhaps if he blows up the combine he'll be chosen by round 3, but his marginal tape and lack of production are glaring.

Like Ezekial Ansah, his athletic ability might be intriguing, Based on his week in Mobile, 3rd round is looking optimistic. Like Ansah, he had no plan, unlike Ansah he gets no push, he also can't get off blocks and doesn't play up to his athletic measurables. He changed direction very slowly, had very poor recognition skills, made the same mistakes repeatedly, struggled to hold the point of attack. Based on his tape and week of practice and game, he looks no better than a late round pick. But because he will likely blow up the combine and his ability to block kicks, I see him eventually resettling into the 3rd/4th round range. Based on his age and the fact that at 26 he still doesn't get it, I don't see him every being anything more than a backup or spot starter.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Margus Hunt, perfect analysis and scouting summary:

"Looks like Tarzan, Plays like Jane."
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarron Gilbert 2.0
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post

I think he looks more like a giraffe.... he still plays like Jane though.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post

Hopefully doesn't smell like Cheetah. The thing that some of these guys who come over from Europe have going for them is they're still relatively new to the game, probably don't have a ton of wear and tear on them and they can be coached up.

Margus Hunt just doesn't look the part to me. It would almost be better if he had come in around 6-6 as opposed to 6-8. He'll get a shot but i'm not expecting a ton.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Margus is a project. I think he's a rotational player in the pros but I don't know if he ever develops into a starter.

Strictly a 34 DE and a ST guy, but not a bad player to have for depth on your Dline, just don't expect him to be the main guy.

His body doesn't have a lot of wear and tear and if he could get up to 300# with added strength I think Hunt could be more impactful in the pros.

I still think the guy could play until he's 35yrs old because of his length and size.
I was surprised that Hunt didn't look stronger out there. His biggest supporters have said forever the guy has the upper body strength to rep out close to 40 times at 225#.

I agree if you're a pro prospect who doesn't dominate in C-USA then something is wrong.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm jumping off the bandwagon after the senior bowl. He just didn't look like the sum of his parts. I didn't see a great football player out there. I say maybe late 2nd or 3rd just off tools and a great combine, but he will be a project to get that ability to flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I agree if you're a pro prospect who doesn't dominate in C-USA then something is wrong.
I agree completely. Same reason I didn't like Poe last year. Those tools should just naturally produce more results with that level of competition.

Last edited by G Mobile : 01-27-2013 at 03:54 PM.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Yeah I'm jumping off the bandwagon after the senior bowl. He just didn't look like the sum of his parts. I didn't see a great football player out there. I say maybe late 2nd or 3rd just off tools and a great combine, but he will be a project to get that ability to flash.

I agree completely. Same reason I didn't like Poe last year. Those tools should just naturally produce more results with that level of competition.
I thought he was getting over-hyped due to his physical tools when I first looked at his tape. I still think someone will take him in the 2nd without hesitation. Pair with a defensive line coach that knows what he's doing and work on his technique and he could be a mega-steal in the 2nd.

Honestly I think he's a strong-side 4-3 DE and his wingspan will help him knock down passes. Wouldn't mind taking a look at him with Dallas and putting him across from Ware.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Margus is a project. I think he's a rotational player in the pros but I don't know if he ever develops into a starter.

Strictly a 34 DE and a ST guy, but not a bad player to have for depth on your Dline, just don't expect him to be the main guy.

His body doesn't have a lot of wear and tear and if he could get up to 300# with added strength I think Hunt could be more impactful in the pros.

I still think the guy could play until he's 35yrs old because of his length and size.
I was surprised that Hunt didn't look stronger out there. His biggest supporters have said forever the guy has the upper body strength to rep out close to 40 times at 225#.

This was a major negative for me. Admittedly I had already disliked him because of his complete inability to generate any sort of pass rush. But even if he didn't live up to the J.J. Watt title some were throwing on him, if he could simply anchor himself he'd still have utility. But despite his size and supposed strength, he couldn't do that either.

I think Hunt can be a decent pick if a team doesn't pick him too early and has the firepower to let him sit, but even then I wouldn't go in expecting much.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone think that Hunt might be better as a 4-3 DE than a 34 end. I am not a big fan of him either way, but whenever I have watched him play, he has gotten pushed around at the point of attack. He just plays too upright and lets O-lineman get their hands on him and push him around. He may not have the hand-fighting skills to succeed as a 43 end right away, but I think he may have the athleticism to develop as an edge rusher. Regardless, I think he is a third rounder, nothing more.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would look nice in a 49er uniform as a backup OLB and 3rd down pass rusher for his first 2 years while bulking up to be a future 3-4 end. Early 3rd round I say.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Would look nice in a 49er uniform as a backup OLB and 3rd down pass rusher for his first 2 years while bulking up to be a future 3-4 end. Early 3rd round I say.
I really don't think Hunt can play on his feet at all. I would put him in at 5-tech as a rookie before I would play him at OLB (which is significantly more mentally demanding.)

I mean, Aldon Smith already struggles mightily in his zone drops, do you want to have him and Hunt playing OLB at the same time?
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I really don't think Hunt can play on his feet at all. I would put him in at 5-tech as a rookie before I would play him at OLB (which is significantly more mentally demanding.)

I mean, Aldon Smith already struggles mightily in his zone drops, do you want to have him and Hunt playing OLB at the same time?
I wouldn't expect him to drop into zone often if ever at all, I would see him as a pass rusher only until he can play the 5. Much like Aldon in his first year but instead of switching to OLB I would have Hunt switching to DE....Hunt could also line up on the inside on 3rd downs....basically he could rotate in as a DE and OLB on passing situations until he's strong enough to start at DE.

Last edited by Shupp : 01-27-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Scout View Post
Does anyone think that Hunt might be better as a 4-3 DE than a 34 end. I am not a big fan of him either way, but whenever I have watched him play, he has gotten pushed around at the point of attack. He just plays too upright and lets O-lineman get their hands on him and push him around. He may not have the hand-fighting skills to succeed as a 43 end right away, but I think he may have the athleticism to develop as an edge rusher. Regardless, I think he is a third rounder, nothing more.
Yeah I'm not super sure about him at 3-4 DE. I just don't think he plays with enough functional strength to hold down in the run game. Even if he added the weight I'm not sure. I think he is a 4-3 DE pretty much. Have him outside on run downs and kick him inside to DT to pass rush. Hunt at 3-4 OLB would be brutal, just a bad fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:

But Poe had a very good rookie year.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post

Poe doesn't look like he's gonna bust but he still has a lot of improvement to make at NT.

Guys with all-world tools like Poe who don't dominate at a lower level of competition like C-USA have a bunch of red flags to me.
Based on measurables, the guy should be unblockable.

As raw as Hunt looked this season, he still had 8 sacks.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I don't mean to condemn Poe or anything or call him a bust. I'm just personally very leery of a guy with elite tools not dominating in a lower level of competition. As said above, it is a red flag. It isn't the end all be all for a prospect, but it isnt good. Poe might end up amazing but i still didn't love him as a prospect.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't mean to condemn Poe or anything or call him a bust. I'm just personally very leery of a guy with elite tools not dominating in a lower level of competition. As said above, it is a red flag. It isn't the end all be all for a prospect, but it isnt good. Poe might end up amazing but i still didn't love him as a prospect.
Like a lot of things in the draft, it's a question not an answer. You see a guy looking average against average competition and you want to know why. Sometimes there's a valid reason (his coaches are chuckleheads) and sometimes there's not.

It's like when people turn on the tape for a DT and see he's sucking wind in the 4th quarter. Is it because his conditioning is terrible, or because he's taking his 50th snap?
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
This was a major negative for me. Admittedly I had already disliked him because of his complete inability to generate any sort of pass rush. But even if he didn't live up to the J.J. Watt title some were throwing on him, if he could simply anchor himself he'd still have utility. But despite his size and supposed strength, he couldn't do that either.

I think Hunt can be a decent pick if a team doesn't pick him too early and has the firepower to let him sit, but even then I wouldn't go in expecting much.
But you can't let him sit too long, he'll be 30+ years old by the time his first contract expires.

As for people hoping he can be a 3-4 DE... I don't know how easy it would be for a 26 year old to gain that much quality mass. He's already gone through his two most important age-related mass building cycles, and has passed the 3rd and final major one. He can get bigger, but at what price? Plus, he hardly looked like he could hold up as a 5-tech against C-USA opponents, I don't think 25 lbs is going to help much against NFL OTs.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've often pondered if he's there in round 3 or 4, if he'd be worth the selection for the Titans to take a chance and put him into rotation at DE and move him inside to DT on passing downs.

I think a large part of his downfall is at 6'8" you simply can't "run the arch" that most 4-3 teams want you to. In addition, he has poor hand use which I think can be taught, but it will take time.

At DT on 3rd downs, I think you could almost just ask him to "push, push, get your hands up" If nothing else, that would eliminate the shorter passes to the middle of the field
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As raw as Hunt looked this season, he still had 8 sacks.
and 15 on his career. Ansah has 4.

this guy strikes me as a better version of Rapoti Pitoitua. Supposed to be "too tall" but can occasionally penetrate. Mostly used to occupy blockers in the 3-4. There's nothing wrong with that... tail end of the top 100.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
and 15 on his career. Ansah has 4.

this guy strikes me as a better version of Rapoti Pitoitua. Supposed to be "too tall" but can occasionally penetrate. Mostly used to occupy blockers in the 3-4. There's nothing wrong with that... tail end of the top 100.
The problem is, he wasn't very good at that either. At the Senior Bowl he was routinely pushed around by his guy.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote