Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-24-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, maybe I am just missing something, but I do not find safety as a need for the Packers. I guess that is unless the Packers get rid of Woodson (something I do not see).

1) Morgan Burnett was one interception that went through his hands and into Calvin Johnson's from a Pro Bowl type year. He led the team in tackles (not a good thing) and he is young and getting more experienced in the 3-4. Next year should be his year to make the Pro Bowl.

2) I think Woodson will be back with a new contract. His impact was immediate when he came back to the team. I think he still has good football ahead of him.

3) Between Richardson and McMillian the Packers have two heavy hitters from the safety spot. They are both young, and McMillian stayed healthy throughout the season. A good offseason should help both of them.

For me (as I said in my really early mock draft) the key is in the trenches. When we got beat by teams it was because we were dominated at the LOS. Getting a Center and OT have to be a priority. Maybe the defensive line will progress since most of the guys are relatively young, but I still dont feel comfortable with Pickett's age, Neal's previous history with injuries, and the very average play overall by the DL.

I could see drafting an ILB, and I will probably update my mock draft's in the future to include one since I don't see Hawk having a future in GB, not unless he take a massive paycut. If Hawk isn't there, then we are left with Bishop, Jones, DJ Smith, Manning, and Lattimore - with Bishop and Smith coming back from injuries. I guess the wildcard will be Manning here.

I don't really see RB as a need either. I think with improved OL play (which we kind of saw at the end of the year) our RB's can find the holes in the defense. I like the thunder and lightening combo of Starks and Harris. Alex Green has a full offseason as well to clean up his knee. So, I think we can run with those 3, and maybe we bring Benson back.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rd.1 Alec Ogletree
Rd.2 Brandon Williams
Rd.3 Johnathan Cyprien
Rd.4 Travis Kelce
Rd.5 Connor Vernon

Rounds 6 and 7... meh don't have any names right meow. These are just players I think would help us out right now. A couple other guys I really like are Quinton Patton (was a favorite prospect of mine and is now tearing up the Senior Bowl practices) and Larry Warford.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Okay, maybe I am just missing something, but I do not find safety as a need for the Packers. I guess that is unless the Packers get rid of Woodson (something I do not see).

1) Morgan Burnett was one interception that went through his hands and into Calvin Johnson's from a Pro Bowl type year. He led the team in tackles (not a good thing) and he is young and getting more experienced in the 3-4. Next year should be his year to make the Pro Bowl.

2) I think Woodson will be back with a new contract. His impact was immediate when he came back to the team. I think he still has good football ahead of him.

3) Between Richardson and McMillian the Packers have two heavy hitters from the safety spot. They are both young, and McMillian stayed healthy throughout the season. A good offseason should help both of them.
All of them are better at strong safety. And Morgan Burnett wasn't near the pro-bowl. He's an average free safety.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 01-24-2013 at 06:02 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
Rd.1 Alec Ogletree
Rd.2 Brandon Williams
Rd.3 Johnathan Cyprien
Rd.4 Travis Kelce
Rd.5 Connor Vernon

Rounds 6 and 7... meh don't have any names right meow. These are just players I think would help us out right now. A couple other guys I really like are Quinton Patton (was a favorite prospect of mine and is now tearing up the Senior Bowl practices) and Larry Warford.
The first 4 rounds of this are nice.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
All of them are better at strong safety. And Morgan Burnett wasn't near the pro-bowl. He's an average free safety.

Stat Comparison:

Burnett: 123 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 2 FF, 2 INTs

Dashon Goldson: 69 Tackles, 0 Sacks, 0 FF, 3 INTs - Pro Bowl

Donte Whitner: 83 Tackles, 0 Sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT - Pro Bowl

Earl Thomas: 66 Tackles, 0 Sacks, 1 FF, 3 INTs - Pro Bowl

Thomas DeCoud: 76 Tackles, 1 Sack, 0 FF, 6 INTs - Pro Bowl

William Moore: 75 Tackles, 1 Sack, 2 FF, 4 INTs - Pro Bowl

Ed Reed: 58 Tackles, 0 Sacks, 0 FF, 4 INTs - Pro Bowl

Jairus Bryd: 76 Tackles, 0 Sacks, 4 FF, 5 INTs - Pro Bowl

Eric Berry: 86 Tackles, 0 Sacks, 0 FF, 1 INT - Pro Bowl

LaRon Landry: 99 Tackles, 0 Sacks, 4 FF, 2 INTs - Pro Bowl

Burnett had a good year stats wise compared to "Pro Bowlers". He will continue to get better. I still only see safety as a need if Woodson is let go. In which case, there are some good safety prospects this year.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Burnett hit some guys hard though... not allow the completion and then tackle them after a long gain.... let's see him get his Ints up a bit though.
Glad he stayed healthy.

I like McMillian's future.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morgan Burnett's statistics are misleading. Is he a strong tackler? I would say not. The amount of tackles he accumulated is more a reflection on the number of opportunities and the front seven's inability to make plays consistently.

I do not have a ton of confidence in Burnett but I get the sense the coaching staff does so when evaluating our first round pick we need to look at the front seven. Matthews and Perry we be starting on the outside and TT will likely not invest another first rounder in an OLB. Raji will still be around as NT with questions marks at end with a slew of young players. Inside at LB we have Bishop and marginal players. Here's my current big board based off who I feel will be available

1. Kevin Minter (Louisiana State)
2. Jesse Williams (Alabama)
3. Zach Ertz (Stanford)
4. Lane Johnson (Oklahoma)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Morgan Burnett's statistics are misleading. Is he a strong tackler? I would say not. The amount of tackles he accumulated is more a reflection on the number of opportunities and the front seven's inability to make plays consistently.

I do not have a ton of confidence in Burnett but I get the sense the coaching staff does so when evaluating our first round pick we need to look at the front seven. Matthews and Perry we be starting on the outside and TT will likely not invest another first rounder in an OLB. Raji will still be around as NT with questions marks at end with a slew of young players. Inside at LB we have Bishop and marginal players. Here's my current big board based off who I feel will be available

1. Kevin Minter (Louisiana State)
2. Jesse Williams (Alabama)
3. Zach Ertz (Stanford)
4. Lane Johnson (Oklahoma)
I like Minter and Williams. They would certainly upgrade the defense. Not a fan of Ertz, and I think Johnson has played himself into the top 20 draft picks with the lack of LT talent so we would have to trade up to get him. Minter is the best ILB in the draft and would be a nice fit next to Bishop. I am not a fan of Ogletree, nor do I think TT drafts him with his potential character concerns.

Jesse Williams is a wildcard guy to me. I think he will be there when we pick (but he could also be there in the 2nd round), and he will bench press probably 45+ reps at 225. He certainly has the size. My only problem with him is that he does nothing in terms of pass rush, but he has the size that the 3-4 commands....6'4" 320, strong as an ox....he and Raji could rotate at nose tackle.

Jonathan Jenkins is another guy, but he is a true NT, and that would mean Raji would be a DE.

For a team with solid depth like the Pack....it makes for interesting discussions on who they should draft. I am a proponent of drafting OL early and often, but I could easily see drafting a RB, WR, TE, DE, NT, ILB, S.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I'd like to see Derek Sherrod play before we go spending first round picks on offensive tackles.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see any gigantic deep holes on the roster.... at season's end, our weakest spots were ILB, DL, and Safety IMO.
But we'll get ILB Bishop back, a known good guy.
We'll get Worthy back, but he didn't show what we wanted to see from him, and now he's got an ACL that will keep him out a long time.....
Safety? We'll see about Woodson, and good call on Burnett: he misses a lot of tackles.
I like Jerron McMillian and think this is a player who is going to show big improvement to year 2 & 3. He's not a think, fraile, finesse guy back there, our only one.

I really think Teddy is going to go BPA more than ever this draft. He'll surprise a lot of us I think.
He might even trade up, or back, more than normal.

I'm sure he does, however, realize that the team needs go get tougher, more physical, especially on defense.
Bring in some nasty on D.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Trading back would make sense, IMO. I wouldn't really say we have any 'first round needs' but a lot of medium to small needs. needs. And I love the value from round 2 to 4. Lot's of talented players going to be available around then.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-26-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Brian Schwenke could be our guy at center. He's impressed at the senior bowl this week against some really good interior defensive lineman.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-26-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brian Schwenke could be our guy at center. He's impressed at the senior bowl this week against some really good interior defensive lineman.
I have been really impressed by him as well and he's carried it over to the game too. He's gotta be in the 3rd round discussion at this point.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

If he was there at our 3rd it should be a no brainer. He could come in and start from day one. Might be that spending our second on him is too much but he won't last until our 3rd, which would be disappointing. We could have to do some moving around to get the guys we need.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-27-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Quote:
He looked pretty good yesterday. The only concern that I had was it seemed liked he had a little trouble with speed, but other than that, he really overpowered guys.

I also became a full believer in Mike Gillislee. That guy does everything: runs hard, runs fast, blocks, and can catch. I don't know where he gets drafted, but he really impressed me.

Stepfan Taylor confirmed to me that he can run against top competition and he has just enough speed. He seems to be a guy that will just pick up 4-5 yards every time he touches it, and then he springs for a 20+ yard run.

Kenjon Barner also confirmed to me that he is not an every down running back, but he is going to be a Darron Sproles type back in the NFL. The guy is so quick

Kyle Long to me really stood out with how much explosion he had and how much he wanted to drive guys off the ball. He is pretty raw, but I really liked what I saw. I have a feeling that Long will impress at Combine, and I wonder if he doesn't sneak into the 1st round.

A draft class of Long, Gillislee, and Schwenke could really change the attitude of the Packers run game. All 3 are 2nd rounders in my eyes, so we would need to do some trading.

Was anyone else disappointed with the North defense yesterday? I mean the DL of the North was stacked, but both Gillislee and Taylor got very good yardage. Maybe it is an indication of how good both of those guys are. I am on board, if we draft an RB, that is should be Gillislee.

I am very sporadic with this, but man, I was just impressed with Gillislee.

Also, like you guys mentioned, it seemed that Cyprien was everywhere on the field. The only thing is, he reminds me so much of McMillian, and I just don't see a need at Safety.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who thinks the Packers are perfectly happy with EDS this coming year.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks the Packers are perfectly happy with EDS this coming year.
No you are not. I think it is highly likely they do not invest a first day pick in a C.

They will need to replace EDS with another versatile swing guy to backup on the inside though.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
No you are not. I think it is highly likely they do not invest a first day pick in a C.

They will need to replace EDS with another versatile swing guy to backup on the inside though.
I agree an interior lineman should be drafted in the mid-rounds to provide depth.

IMO we will go defense or trade back from the 1st round. I would really like to see some speed at ILB with Bishop so right now Alec Ogletree is a player I think we should look at if available. I am not buying into the TE in the 1st that I see a lot of people mocking to us. Finley will be back this season. Look for TT to pick up another TE in the 3rd or after.

Another player I think TT might like is Lane Johnson. Don't ask me why, just have that feeling. I wouldn't be against that pick either because I don't think Sherrod will ever be the player we all hope because of the injury he had.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
He looked pretty good yesterday. The only concern that I had was it seemed liked he had a little trouble with speed, but other than that, he really overpowered guys.

I also became a full believer in Mike Gillislee. That guy does everything: runs hard, runs fast, blocks, and can catch. I don't know where he gets drafted, but he really impressed me.

Stepfan Taylor confirmed to me that he can run against top competition and he has just enough speed. He seems to be a guy that will just pick up 4-5 yards every time he touches it, and then he springs for a 20+ yard run.

Kenjon Barner also confirmed to me that he is not an every down running back, but he is going to be a Darron Sproles type back in the NFL. The guy is so quick

Kyle Long to me really stood out with how much explosion he had and how much he wanted to drive guys off the ball. He is pretty raw, but I really liked what I saw. I have a feeling that Long will impress at Combine, and I wonder if he doesn't sneak into the 1st round.

A draft class of Long, Gillislee, and Schwenke could really change the attitude of the Packers run game. All 3 are 2nd rounders in my eyes, so we would need to do some trading.

Was anyone else disappointed with the North defense yesterday? I mean the DL of the North was stacked, but both Gillislee and Taylor got very good yardage. Maybe it is an indication of how good both of those guys are. I am on board, if we draft an RB, that is should be Gillislee.

I am very sporadic with this, but man, I was just impressed with Gillislee.

Also, like you guys mentioned, it seemed that Cyprien was everywhere on the field. The only thing is, he reminds me so much of McMillian, and I just don't see a need at Safety.
The problem is TT and the coaching staff are going to be perfectly happy going into the next season with our same Oline. The only player I think they would want to upgrade is Marshall Newhouse.

Another think I have thought of and heard mentioned is with Barclay playing well down the stretch. Do they give Buluga a look at LT?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:56 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Not at all. I agree 100% with that.
I think it's clear that the coaches thought they had something in EDS at center when they pulled the plug on Saturday.
Then EDS did pretty good, boosted the running game a bit.

If folks will remember, DuJuan Harris had good numbers vs San Fran, and the OL pass-blocked pretty well too with him at center.

I think the Packers are more than comfortable going forward with EDS at center.

Any mocks with a C as our 1st or 2nd round pick, IMO, are foolish.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Not at all. I agree 100% with that.
I think it's clear that the coaches thought they had something in EDS at center when they pulled the plug on Saturday.
Then EDS did pretty good, boosted the running game a bit.

If folks will remember, DuJuan Harris had good numbers vs San Fran, and the OL pass-blocked pretty well too with him at center.

I think the Packers are more than comfortable going forward with EDS at center.

Any mocks with a C as our 1st or 2nd round pick, IMO, are foolish.
Don't get me wrong I would be happy with our line without Newhouse. I thought once EDS was plugged the line played much better, but we need a upgrade at the LT postion.

People just annoy me with their mocks giving us Barrett Jones or some other center type player in the 1st.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I would be happy with our line without Newhouse. I thought once EDS was plugged the line played much better, but we need a upgrade at the LT postion.

People just annoy me with their mocks giving us Barrett Jones or some other center type player in the 1st.
Will Sherrod ever be back healthy/good enough to be a decent-solid-good-great LT like they expected when they drafted him in the 1st rd?
Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Will Sherrod ever be back healthy/good enough to be a decent-solid-good-great LT like they expected when they drafted him in the 1st rd?
I fear Sherrod's injury will never allow him to be the player he could have possibly been coming out of Mississippi State. I think Bulaga needs to be tried out at left tackle one more time just to see if he's an upgrade over Newhouse and it would allow Barclay to see the field.

In terms of EDS, our offensive line did improve with him replacing Saturday, but is that really saying much? Jeff Saturday was horrible and it would've been stunning had EDS gone out and been worse than him. I don't want to make it sound like I'm discounting EDS's ability, but I see him more as a versatile backup rather than a long term starter. There's a handful of centers in this draft who provide experience and physicality that this offensive line needs to help create a more balanced offense for next season and moving forward.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

My Wishlist at this point.

Round 1 - Alec Ogletree, ILB Georgia (6'3, 232)

This is a scouting report I found on Ogletree in the SEC Championship game.

ILB Alec Ogletree* 9
-Great backside pursuit to help make a tackle on third down
-Came all the way across the formation from the backside
-Plays backside contain perfectly so when Yeldon cuts it back he is waiting for a TFL
-Gets flagged for a very iffy roughing the passer penalty, gives Alabama a free first down inside the 5 yard line
-Fills the hole and stops Lacy dead in his tacks right at the goal line, impressive hit
-Sheds Williams block but canít make the tackle on Yeldon who rumbles for a first down
-Blocked FG bounces right to Ogletree and he was off to the races for a TD
-Out ran everybody else on the field, incredible acceleration
-Violent tackle in the hole, throws Yeldon, and himself, to the turf
-This time takes a violent hit from Yeldon but holds on and take him down
Overall: Ogletree was UGAís defensive MVP for me, he was all over the field and he both delivered and took some of the hardest hits Ive seen all year. His athleticism is off the charts and if he leaves early for the NFL then you can expect him to go rather high

Alternate picks: Kenny Vaccaro, S/ Lane Johnson, OT/ John Jenkins, NT/DE/Jessie Williams, DE/NT

Round 2 -Jonathan Cyprien, S FIU (6'1, 210)

Alternate picks: Brandon Williams, NT-DE/Quinton Patton, WR/Sylvester Williams, DE/ Kyle Long, OT/OG

Round 3 - Christine Michael, RB Texas A&M (5'11, 220)

Round 4 - Brian Schwenke, C California (6'4, 300)

Round 5 - Marcus Davis, WR Virginia Tech (6'4, 232)/Aaron Mellette, WR Elon (6'4, 220)/ Dan Buckner, WR Arizona (6'4, 215)

I put three different WR options here, I think Davis after the combine will go much higher than 5th round. I like the size all these WRs possess.

Round 6 - Elvis Fisher, OT Missouri (6'5, 300)

Round 7 - Joe Krueger, DE Utah (6'7, 280)
Old 02-05-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Cheese, I will take that exactly.
Right guys and positions IMO.