Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-27-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be a long week until Sunday. Can't wait! Gonna be a fun one to watch finally 49ers are in it! Gonna be a great show.

I just hope we draft a kicker! We need start all over.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'm curious as why you feel Brown was such a steal as a 5th rounder? He was flawed then, and still is now. He's a good starting CB but he's also limited, scheme wise in what you can do with him.
Forgive me, I suck with computers. This is what I meant.

Most teams draft players in the 5th round that will not be in the league in three years, and they know it. The niners drafted a player that actually made it. Don't underestimate this. If you look at the players drafted in the fifth round every year, you will find a bunch of scrubs. The niners drafted a player. That is HUGE in round 5. I bet most teams would trade their 5th round pick for Brown right now. I am not saying that Brown does not have issues. What I am saying is that he is still playing football at the highest level that the world knows. Most of the guys that were drafted near him are washing cars now. To get a real player in the 5th round is good. Don't fool yourself. That was a really good pick. He is still in the league. Not too shabby.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
What I am saying is that most 5th round picks are out of the league in a couple of years. If you don't like Brown for whatever reason, that is okay. But the fact is that most teams would love to draft a player in the 5th round that can contribute in any way.

Most 5th round players don't play pro football for very long. Your team got a player that contributes on every play in the 5th round. That is a win. Trust me. Most teams can't find a player in the 5th round, much less a contributor.
Very true and the compliment is appreciated. For being lauded for having so many high picks, people need to recognize how many late round regular contributors are on this team...

Daniel Kilgore - 5th
Bruce Miller - 7th
Anthony Dixon - 6th
Ricky Jean Francois - 7th
Larry Grant - 7th
Dashon Goldson - 4th
Tarell Brown - 5th
Delanie Walker - 6th
Isaac Sopoaga - 4th
Andy Lee - 6th

Brian Jennings - 7th

5 guys that play nearly every snap were drafted in the 4th or later. Crazy.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Very true and the compliment is appreciated. For being lauded for having so many high picks, people need to recognize how many late round regular contributors are on this team...

Daniel Kilgore - 5th
Bruce Miller - 7th
Anthony Dixon - 6th
Larry Grant - 7th
Dashon Goldson - 4th
Tarell Brown - 5th
Delanie Walker - 6th
Isaac Sopoaga - 4th
Andy Lee - 6th

Brian Jennings - 7th

No doubt we've been one of the best drafting teams these past 6 years with the possible exception of our horrific 2008 draft and possibly last year's draft (it's early I know but not looking great).
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
If it wasn't for Kendall getting hurt this year would we have seen any contribution from this years draft at all? Even with Manningham going down Jenkins has been a complete no show. Stephen Hill or Coby Fleener would be looking pretty good going into next Sunday.... Hell I might take Tommy Streeter over Jenkins..lol.
Relax, Jenkins time will come. Its a process. Did CK look at ANY point last year like he would lead this team to a SB as a starter a year later? Its called development. They had a plan for Jenkins when he was drafted just like they obviously had a plan for CK as a raw rookie in 2011. Injuries moved Jenkins up the depth chart but it doesn't change the plan. Jenkins, like CK, wasn't drafted for what he could do as a rookie but for what he would develop into down the road.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

Daniel Kilgore - 5th
Bruce Miller - 7th
Anthony Dixon - 6th
Larry Grant - 7th
Dashon Goldson - 4th
Tarell Brown - 5th
Delanie Walker - 6th
Isaac Sopoaga - 4th
Andy Lee - 6th

Brian Jennings - 7th

The perfect response. This is exactly what I am trying to say. A fifth round pick is almost always not going to be in the league in a couple of years. To find someone that can play in the fifth round is a coupe. Thank you for explaining what I meant.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Forgive me, I suck with computers. This is what I meant.

Most teams draft players in the 5th round that will not be in the league in three years, and they know it. The niners drafted a player that actually made it. Don't underestimate this. If you look at the players drafted in the fifth round every year, you will find a bunch of scrubs. The niners drafted a player. That is HUGE in round 5. I bet most teams would trade their 5th round pick for Brown right now. I am not saying that Brown does not have issues. What I am saying is that he is still playing football at the highest level that the world knows. Most of the guys that were drafted near him are washing cars now. To get a real player in the 5th round is good. Don't fool yourself. That was a really good pick. He is still in the league. Not too shabby.
Meh, I think it has more to do with the talent already on your roster in most cases. Brown stuck because we had no real talent in the secondary back then. We had a aging but good Walt Harris, a injury prone Shawntae Spencer and nothing else at CB. We desperately needed some speed and some athleticism, which Brown provided.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Relax, Jenkins time will come. Its a process. Did CK look at ANY point last year like he would lead this team to a SB as a starter a year later? Its called development. They had a plan for Jenkins when he was drafted just like they obviously had a plan for CK as a raw rookie in 2011. Injuries moved Jenkins up the depth chart but it doesn't change the plan. Jenkins, like CK, wasn't drafted for what he could do as a rookie but for what he would develop into down the road.
I'm not panicking just yet but you must admit that for a 1st round WR, that things are looking a little concerning (anybody remember the 31st pick in the 2004, Rashaun Woods?). Wr and QB are totally different beasts. Jenkins should be able to catch by now. I still think that LaMichael counterfeits Kendall and what else did we get from last years draft?

Now we have multiple holes to fill, of which some should have been filled last year...
Old 01-28-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Okay. I get what you are saying. Once again though, how many players that were drafted near him in the draft would you trade him for straight up.

He is not an all pro, I give you that. My team drafted a guy that is painting fire hydrants now. I would rather have Brown.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Agree again that Brown was sweet ****** money in round 5. **** if he played dime for us he would still be good value, dude is starting...
Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not panicking just yet but you must admit that for a 1st round WR, that things are looking a little concerning (anybody remember the 31st pick in the 2004, Rashaun Woods?). Wr and QB are totally different beasts. Jenkins should be able to catch by now. I still think that LaMichael counterfeits Kendall and what else did we get from last years draft?

Now we have multiple holes to fill, of which some should have been filled last year...
We got depth along the O-Line, a young Sproles type chess peice in LMJ, depth at safety and two young LBs. The fact that 5 of those picks are on the roster of a SB team should speak to that. And one on IR. Considering the talent that was already here, that's pretty good.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Okay. I get what you are saying. Once again though, how many players that were drafted near him in the draft would you trade him for straight up.

He is not an all pro, I give you that. My team drafted a guy that is painting fire hydrants now. I would rather have Brown.
Personally, I wanted Desmond Bishop, who went a round later. But I see your point also.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
We got depth along the O-Line, a young Sproles type chess peice in LMJ, depth at safety and two young LBs. The fact that 5 of those picks are on the roster of a SB team should speak to that. And one on IR. Considering the talent that was already here, that's pretty good.
That's very possible but I don't think you can qualify Trent Robinson as "depth" just yet. Besides LMJ nobody really even guaranteed themselves a roster spot next year. They could be future studs or just scrubs warming the bench. That has more shades of 2008 than shades of 2010 if you ask me.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's very possible but I don't think you can qualify Trent Robinson as "depth" just yet. Besides LMJ nobody really even guaranteed themselves a roster spot next year. They could be future studs or just scrubs warming the bench. That has more shades of 2008 than shades of 2010 if you ask me.
Well considering I really liked Robinson heading into last year draft, I will consider him depth. He made the 53 as a rookie 5th round pick. There was no starting jobs for a rookie to come in a grab. Starters were already set so you can't compare it to a 2008 draft where we had holes galore and missed on virtually every pick. But I understand the wait and see approach, which is all I was asking as far as Jenkins was concerned.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this talk about this draft class and we are all forgetting Celek who played more than any rookie during the regular season. He will probably be the second TE next year if Delaine isn't brought back or they don't draft somebody. I've really liked what I've seen from him this year.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super Bowl Gameday Thread should be up by tomorrow night at the latest.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Super Bowl Gameday Thread should be up by tomorrow night at the latest.
We can start pre-gaming for the Super Bowl, right?

Well, I am.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
We can start pre-gaming for the Super Bowl, right?

Well, I am.
***BBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!***

***Hiccups***

***Insert drunk stereotype here***

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make it an epic one Borat. We haven't had a Super Bowl game day thread in a super long ass time. I can't wait ! Wish I could go to NO though. Will be a wild party.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Make it an epic one Borat. We haven't had a Super Bowl game day thread in a super long ass time. I can't wait ! Wish I could go to NO though. Will be a wild party.
We never have the internet didn't exist the last time the Niners were in the Super Bowl.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
***BBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!***

***Hiccups***

***Insert drunk stereotype here***
I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TO STIFLE MY NERVOUSNESS

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my tip to all you guys, and Brent is another older fan on here as I am (My Packers won the Super Bowl there in 1997.. thought we'd win a few more over the next decade. NONE happened):

* GO TO NEW ORLEANS FOR THIS SUPER BOWL *

Whatever the cost is, no matter how much you have to borrow or charge, it will be WELL WORTH IT........ the memories will last your whole life, and you won't get any better memories than you will get from that week.

Miss work, miss some classes, it's no comparison.
Whether you can swing the $2 grand a ticket will cost, or not, just BEING THERE will be the time of your life.

Think Spring Break + NFC Championship Tailgating + New Orleans + Naked Women everywhere on Bourbon Street....that's the scene you'll have there from Thursday-Sunday.

NO REGRETS if you go.
You will have a lifetime of them if you do NOT go.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I understand where your coming from J-Mike but I'd much rather enjoy the game infront of my flatscreen, doing my usually Niner SB routine. I can't imagine investing all that money and time and then have to watch your team lose and watch another fanbase celebrate in your face. Victory isn't guaranteed just becuase you go and I'm sortta a sore loser so its really a no brainer for me. I prefer to ***** and throw things in the comfort of my own home. Another reason I would never throw a SB party either. But that's just me...

So Randy Moss says he wants to play next year....do we bring him back?

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-28-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we will. Besides his play on the field his role is more than that. How he was coaching Kaepernick in one of his first games and the leadership he showed in preseason isn't something to underestimate. And he still can add something in his own way on the field too.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I always thought if we won the SB, he would go out a winner. But with MM and K-10 coming off injuries, it would be good to have a another vet around who knows the offense.