Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody ever look up the qualifications for our new LB Coach, Chet Parlavecchio? Played with Munch at Penn State, was drafted played in 12 games spent close to 30 years coaching high school. 1 year at temple as a LB coach 20 years ago.

I really hope Munch knows what he's doing
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I really hope Munch knows what he's doing
Has anyone in our organization done anything recently that makes you think they know what they're doing?
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why I wish we had just fired Munch. He was in a position in which he had to make a lot of changes to keep his job for one more year, but everyone knows he's on the hot seat this year. No good coaches are going to come in when they know they're in a do or die year their first year. Munch is a dead man walking.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Munch as a person and O-Line coach, and perhaps at first he kept too many Fisher "guys" and that's why he finally cleaned house and brought in his own guys. Maybe with everyone on the same page that will change.

All I can say is Munch better have faith in his staff because if he has another year like last year he'll be gone. I think it's pretty cool to bring in a lot of "Munch's guys", underdogs and former Oiler players. But it's only cool if we get results, otherwise it's pointless.

I think this team has potential, we just need a little work and some better coaching and to try harder
Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently Gregg Williams is on the verge of becoming our assistant head coach.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
So apparently Gregg Williams is on the verge of becoming our assistant head coach.
Now this I like! This I like a lot!

Even if he's not DC, I would hope that he has a heavy influence on Gray. Williams's aggressive schemes are perfect for our personnel. Ayers would be a Pro Bowler, and Brown would probably be even more effective as he could just use his athleticism to attack the offense without having to think about what he's doing too much. Roman Harper and Darren Sharper had career years under him as well, so hopefully Griffin and whoever's across from him would have better success.

Just no bounties, por favor.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

sign me up!
Old 01-26-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Came here to post what TH said. Ayers and Brown should be incredible in Williams' aggressive scheme.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Williams back, but how would that work? Do we want to use him to help the D? Why not make him DC? How would it work with him and Gray here? I want to like this, I'm just kinda confused by it (on par with the coaching moves so far though right?). But TH has the right idea...

Aw poop! Left out a g!

Last edited by Bobo : 01-27-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:03 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Came here to post what TH said. Ayers and Brown should be incredible in Williams' aggressive scheme.
I was thinking the same thing.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:23 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
I want Williams back, but how would that work? Do we want to use him to help the D? Why not make him DC? How would it work with him and Gray here? I want to like this, I'm just kinda confused by it (on par with the coaching moves so far though right?). But TH has the right idea...

Aw poop! Left out a g!
I'm sure they have sorted it out. Williams coached with Gray and Munch before. Considering their relationship it would probably just be weird to make Williams the DC and ask Gray to become a positional coach. Williams' influence will probably be the same as if he was DC, but its just a title.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think this is somewhat of a loyalty move. Williams needs someone to sign him to a contract, for anything because he can't get reinstated until he is signed or at least has a team say they are going to hire him. He may still be suspended a number of games even after he's signed by a team, so teams aren't really willing to give him a DC spot because there's no guarantee he can coach right away.

If the Titans grabbed him he'd likely be looking at a defensive assistant/consultant role, let's not forget this may simply be looking ahead to the future where Jerry Gray is out of his contract after this season perhaps they are hiring his replacement first.

I know I've seen in college teams run dual coordinator positions, and if on the same page it could work in the NFL. Of course in the NFL it would likely be one getting paid the DC salary (Gray) while one makes significantly less but serves the role (Williams)
Old 01-27-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gray and Williams have a long history of working together. Gray served as DB coach under Williams here, and when Williams became Buffalo's HC, he brought Gray with him to be his DC. I have confidence that they can work together without issue.

We did a similar thing with Tom Moore last year, only Moore wasn't officially on the coaching staff. Also, if Gray struggles next season, then we can give Williams playcalling duties. That, or outright let Gray go and replace him with Williams. And I'm fairly certain that Williams isn't trying to bring his son on staff with him, which is something he usually does and has caused problems in the past. He no longer has that kind of leverage, so no package deal for us!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...any thoughts after the Senior Bowl?

Right now, it looks like our most likely options with the 1st Rounder are either OL, DL, or CB. We also have needs at SS, backup RB, and maybe even WR (depending on what happens with Kenny Britt) -- but there aren't really any players at these secondary positions worthy of the #10 overall pick this year.

The most likely players seem to be...
OG Chance Warmack
DT Star Lotulelei
DT Sheldon Richardson
DE Damontre Moore
DE Bjoern Werner
DE Ezekiel Ansah
CB Dee Milliner

It looks like Werner is very likely to be gone at #10, and there's a significant chance that both Lotulelei and Moore will be gone as well. I've watched a lot of Alabama games over the past few years; and although Milliner is a big CB, he's never struck me as a #1 caliber NFL CB -- more like a #2 CB (which is what we already have with McCourty and Verner). Ansah's stock is soaring right now and he's likely to be a borderline top-10 pick after the combine; and I also like Richardson at DT. However, DE and DT are really deep this year, and there's a good chance that we could get a player like Alex Okafor, Kawann Short, or Sylvester Williams at the top of the 2nd Round.

Because of all that, I still think Warmack is the pick that makes the most sense for us at #10. Again...I've watched lots of Alabama games over the past few years, and Warmack is an absolute stud -- very strong with good footwork and a road-grader mentality in the run game. He strikes me as a guy who can be a 10-year player for us on the interior OL.

Right now, my ideal draft would be:
1. OG Chance Warmack
2. DE Alex Okafor
3. RB Stepfan Taylor
4. CB
4. SS (supplemental pick for C. Finnegan)
5. DL
7. CB
7. OL (supplemental pick for J. Jones)
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I haven't watched the senior bowl yet, hoping to in the next couple of days.

I like Warmack, but I'd really love to get either Moore or Werner if they fall, or Star and maybe Richardson (haven't watched film other than just the games but haven't focused specifically on him so not a strong opinion either way yet).

Milliner is a very good CB, and I think in certain schemes can be a true #1 CB, but it needs to be a right system. A team like GB, Houston, anybody that runs a press man coverage with their CBs on a primary basis. We like to run a lot of zone so I think he'd be a little of a reach and there's going to be some good CBs there in round 2.

To me, Warmack would be the option if the 3 I listed earler, Moore Werner and Star (maybe 4 with Richardson) are gone AND we had no trade down options. I would absolutely love to move down in this draft, grab another 3rd round pick and still get a player that can contribute right away.

A darkhorse option is Vacarro. I haven't watched film on him, but we've loved players from Texas in the past and Gray may secretly covet him as he may have watched film of the guys he was going to coach at Texas before taking the job.

If we don't get someone in round one, Okafor would be a very nice option in round 2. He reminds me somewhat of Justin Tuck coming out and I think he can be a player that moves inside on passing downs.

Mick, in your draft I'd have a problem with waiting until the 4th for our SS, I really think that's one of our biggest problems . I like Stepfan Taylor, but personally would rather wait til the 4th or so if we are going to get a RB, we just have some many other needs at this point. Harper has shown flashes, and other times they don't even try him so at this point he's still a relative unknown.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
However, DE and DT are really deep this year, and there's a good chance that we could get a player like Alex Okafor, Kawann Short, or Sylvester Williams at the top of the 2nd Round.
The same thing can be said about OG though. This draft is just generally deep in the trenches, which works really well for our needs. Also consider that playmaking DL generally have a much higher priority than interior OL in terms of draft position.

Ansah is really interesting because he generally struggled a bit during Senior Bowl practices, but was absolutely dominant during the game. Teams normally put more stock into the practices, but Ansah could be a different case. Practice drills tend to favor players who are more technically sound and Ansah is definitely raw, but his dominance in the game could show what he can do with his athleticism. I also expect him to test and measure well at the combine so I definitely expect his name to remain in the picture.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 01-27-2013 at 10:46 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't watched the senior bowl yet, hoping to in the next couple of days.

I like Warmack, but I'd really love to get either Moore or Werner if they fall, or Star and maybe Richardson (haven't watched film other than just the games but haven't focused specifically on him so not a strong opinion either way yet).

Milliner is a very good CB, and I think in certain schemes can be a true #1 CB, but it needs to be a right system. A team like GB, Houston, anybody that runs a press man coverage with their CBs on a primary basis. We like to run a lot of zone so I think he'd be a little of a reach and there's going to be some good CBs there in round 2.

To me, Warmack would be the option if the 3 I listed earler, Moore Werner and Star (maybe 4 with Richardson) are gone AND we had no trade down options. I would absolutely love to move down in this draft, grab another 3rd round pick and still get a player that can contribute right away.

A darkhorse option is Vacarro. I haven't watched film on him, but we've loved players from Texas in the past and Gray may secretly covet him as he may have watched film of the guys he was going to coach at Texas before taking the job.

If we don't get someone in round one, Okafor would be a very nice option in round 2. He reminds me somewhat of Justin Tuck coming out and I think he can be a player that moves inside on passing downs.

Mick, in your draft I'd have a problem with waiting until the 4th for our SS, I really think that's one of our biggest problems . I like Stepfan Taylor, but personally would rather wait til the 4th or so if we are going to get a RB, we just have some many other needs at this point. Harper has shown flashes, and other times they don't even try him so at this point he's still a relative unknown.
Good response.

To clarify, I'm most interested in Star, Werner, and Womack. (I'm not as interested in Moore personally -- he's a boom/bust pick to me and I'd really like to see a longterm fixture with that #10 pick.) I wouldn't be upset with either Star, Werner, or Womack; but I think it's just too likely that both Star and Werner are gone by #10, unless 1-2 QBs really impress at the combine and rise to top-10 status. (The lack of a stud QB right now is hurting us, as some of the teams ahead of us might elect to wait until the 2nd Round to pick their QB this year.)

Like I said, I've watched Milliner play a LOT. He's good, and he plays way bigger than he actually is. That said, he's not a shut-down coverage guy. If we had a true #1 CB, I'd love to take Milliner at that #10 pick; but we don't and I'd rather not have another #2 caliber CB on the roster. Rather, since we probably can't get a #1 caliber CB at that point (not sure that there's a real #1 CB in this draft), I'd rather improve the pressure at DL (where there is very real talent this year) and hope that it improves the secondary.

At safety, I see potential in Vacarro, Elam, and Reid. In fact, I could see all three being picked in the late 1st Round; but I don't see value in taking any of them at #10. There's a drop-off after them. But I do see value in the 3rd and 4th Rounds with guys who are late-risers (e.g. Johnathan Crypien and Phillip Thomas) and/or with guys who are talented but whose stocks have dropped to something more reasonable (e.g. Robert Lester, Shawn Williams, etc.).

At RB, I hate Harper's game. Never been impressed by him. He looks like a battering-ram but plays like a ballerina. I'd much rather give his "bruiser" 3rd RB role to Collin Mooney, who didn't look great against the Jags but at least showed a willingness to run between the tackles -- which is what we need on the roster. Moreover, Javon Ringer is very unlikely to return; and Darius Reynaud is purely a special-teams and trick-play type RB/WR option. I think backup RB is a bigger need than some might realize, and I wouldn't mind at all if we took one in the 3rd-5th Round range. Stepfan's stock is likely to rise after this week, as is Gillislee's stock -- two of the guys that I was hoping we might be able to snag in the mid-rounds. I'm hoping they're still there for the taking.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
The same thing can be said about OG though. This draft is just generally deep in the trenches, which works really well for our needs. Also consider that playmaking DL generally have a much higher priority than interior OL in terms of draft position.

Ansah is really interesting because he generally struggled a bit during Senior Bowl practices, but was absolutely dominant during the game. Teams normally put more stock into the practices, but Ansah could be a different case. Practice drills tend to favor players who are more technically sound and Ansah is definitely raw, but his dominance in the game could show what he can do with his athleticism. I also expect him to test and measure well at the combine so I definitely expect his name to remain in the picture.
Normally, I'd agree with you about OG vs. DL. But Warmack's a special case. Some analysts are suggesting that he's the best OG prospect to come around since Steve Hutchinson; and, again, having seen him play a LOT, I definitely buy that. He's the best Alabama lineman that I've ever seen -- even more dominant than Andre Smith (who was a beast in college but was mis-drafted as a left-OT rather than a right-OT or OG, which fit his skill-set better).

And yep...Ansah looked really athletic this week. His draft-stock is going to explode after the combine, unless something really strange happens. In a couple months, I wouldn't be surprised if he's no longer considered a "reach" at the #10-#15 range.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Star is probably my biggest question mark right now, I just see him everyone from the #1 prospect overall to #9 prospect. I use cbssports alot when it comes to player rankings, I've found they are usually fairly accurate, especially when it comes to their top 25.

My biggest amazement is Datone Jones. If you have not had a chance to watch him play please do, he would be a very good DE for us that could move inside and play DT on passing downs. He is very quick for his size (280) and has great technique and uses his hands well. He has jumped from a mid-2nd to the 15th player in the draft. I've wanted him round two for a while, but I don't think thats gonna happen now

Personally, I like Le'Veon Bell in the 4th. I think he'd be the perfect compliment to CJ. And I know white RBs aren't all the rage, but Rex Burkhead from Nebraska is a damn good RB and gives everything he has on every play, he would be a great selection in the 5th or 6th in my opinion.

Anybody have an opinion on Margus Hunt? I know he's raw, but I've got to question if he bulked up to about 315 if he could be a 3rd down DT pass rush extraordinaire.

When JJ Watt came out he was who I wanted that draft, and I wanted whoever was the best QB in the 2nd. I've got to wonder if Hunt, at 6'8" at the DT position could almost do the same thing on 3rd down from the DT position. I'm not saying in the first, probably not even the 2nd. But if he were there in the 3rd, thoughts?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
Normally, I'd agree with you about OG vs. DL. But Warmack's a special case. Some analysts are suggesting that he's the best OG prospect to come around since Steve Hutchinson; and, again, having seen him play a LOT, I definitely buy that.
I don't know, he's a great player but I heard that last year with DeCastro and we passed on him. I still think the way to go is Larry Warford in the 3rd if he's there, Alvin Bailey is another good one as is Brian Winters.

I just can't warrant spending that pick on a guard, and with our coaches I don't think they will either
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't know, he's a great player but I heard that last year with DeCastro and we passed on him. I still think the way to go is Larry Warford in the 3rd if he's there, Alvin Bailey is another good one as is Brian Winters.

I just can't warrant spending that pick on a guard, and with our coaches I don't think they will either
This is pretty much exactly how I feel.

In regards to Datone Jones, I've seen him play A LOT as I'm a big UCLA fan and live in Pasadena. He's a very good player and I think he will make a team happy, but I don't think he has potential at #10. I think he has the most value as a 3-4 DE. In the 2nd I'd be fine with it, but no way at #10 and I really like Datone.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Here a fewmocks I just threw together relatively quick, while doing some research I found many reporters are projecting us to get a 3rd for Finnegan, 5th for Jason Jones and 7th for William Hayes so I have factored those in. I use Cbs sports rankings, I allow up to 2 spots slide in the 1 round and as much as 10-20 spot slide in the 7th

MOCK A:
1) DT Star Lotulolei 6'4" 320 Utah
2) SS Matt Elam 5'10 202 Florida
3a) OG Larry Warford 6'3" 333 Kentucky
3b) DE Cornelius Carradine 6'4" 265 Florida State
4) C Khaled Holmes 6'3" 305 USC
5a) RB Mike Gillisslee 5'11" 207 Florida
5b) DE Meshak Williams 6'3" 245 Kansas State
7a) DE Cornelius Washington 6'4" 264 Georgia
7b) OT Tanner Hawkinson 6'5" 304 Kansas

Mock B
1) OG Chance Warmack 6'2" 322 Alabama(According to value won't be there, but for this sake he is)
2) RB Eddie Lacy 5'10" 220 Alabama
3a) DE Brandon Jenkins 6'3" 260 Florida State
3b) DT Brandon Williams 6'2" 341 Missouri Southern State
4) SS TJ McDonald 6'2" 211 USC
5a) WR Chris Harper 6'1" 234 Kansas State
5b) DE Devin Taylor 6'7" 275 South Carolina
7a) SS Cooper Taylor 6'4" 229 Richmond
7b) MLB Will Compton 6'2" 231 Nebraska

Lastly, I think 10 will be prime location for some OL talent like Chance Warmack, Eric Fisher, Lane Johnson etc to start thinking about coming off the board. Also QBs and the 2nd tier pass rushers will be drawing interest. Prime trade location. Predicting trades are hard, but here is a scenario where the Bears trade up for Eric Fisher. Using the trade value chart, the Titans get: #20, #50, +4th next year
Bears get: #10

1) DE Ezekiel Ansah 6'5" 274 BYU
2a) SS Matt Elam 5'10" 202 Florida / Eric Reid 6'2" 212 LSU
2b) G/C Barrett Jones 6'4" 305 Alabama
3a) CB David Amerson 6'2" 194 NC State
3b) OG Alvin Bailey 6'5" 315 Arkansas
4) RB Le'Veon Bell 6'1" 244 Michigan State
5a) MLB AJ Klein 6'1" 244 Iowa State
5b) DE Devin Taylor 6'7" 275 South Carolina
7a) DE Cornelius Washington 6'4" 263 Georgia
7b) OT Tanner Hawkinson 6'5" 304 Kansas

To me, if we trade back and can get good value I think it's the way to go.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This is pretty much exactly how I feel.

In regards to Datone Jones, I've seen him play A LOT as I'm a big UCLA fan and live in Pasadena. He's a very good player and I think he will make a team happy, but I don't think he has potential at #10. I think he has the most value as a 3-4 DE. In the 2nd I'd be fine with it, but no way at #10 and I really like Datone.
yeah i wasn't meaning at #10, just hoping he'd be there round two but I'm seeing projections to him in the middle of the first now
Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

If Star, Werner, or Warmack is there at #10, I hope that we stay pat and take one of them. As I've already said, I'm hoping that 2-3 of the QBs have a good combine and climb up some draft boards. After all, Kansas City, Jacksonville, Arizona, Buffalo, and New York could all potentially be in the market for a new QB in this draft. But unfortunately, all of the top QBs have big question marks surrounding them, which could result in teams waiting until the 2nd or 3rd Rounds to grab QBs like Glennon, Wilson, Nassib, etc. But if a couple of QBs really impress at the combine, maybe they sneak into the top-10, which would mean a better chance of somebody falling to us at #10. Or maybe some team falls in love with a QB and takes him earlier than originally expected -- that's certainly happened before (e.g. Christian Ponder, Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez, etc.).

I'm also not opposed to the idea of trading back and picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd Rounder -- if the deal is right. But I just have a funny feeling that we won't do something like that, even if the deal is a good one. I hope that I'm wrong about that.

As far as supplemental picks go, can you get a 3rd Round supplemental? For some reason, I thought 4th Round was the highest you could get? (I'm pretty sure that we'll get the highest one possible for Cortland Finnegan, as he had a good year.) Plus, we should get a 6th or 7th Rounder for Jason Jones -- who had a solid year. And I totally forgot about William Hayes, who also had a good year statistically, which could result in a 5th-7th Rounder. Fortunately for us, I don't think that we had any FA signings that would cancel out a supplemental pick. (We signed Hutch & Wimbley. However, both were technically "released" by their teams prior to our signings, which I don't think counts against supplemental.) Anyway...this is a DEEP draft at positions of need for us (e.g. DL, OL, etc.) so I hope that we get as many picks as possible.

Last edited by MicktheGreat : 01-28-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

3rd is the highest you can get as a comp. pick. I think we got a 3rd for Haynesworth.