Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
coach4fu
Rookie

coach4fu hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Kiki Alonso, LB, Oregon

What are your opinions on the LB from Oregon, Kiko Alonso. He had some off the field issues in the past but coaches have raved about his recent behavior. Can he play strongside LB in the NFL or is he a MLB like he was at Oregon? Where does he best fit?
coach4fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He seems super athletic and long when I've watched Oregon. Can't wait to see how he tests out. Probably an outside backer, maybe a strong sider due to his size but his play says weak side.
villagewarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he can play any LB spot depending on the system. If he interviews well and shows up at the combine he could go a lot higher than many think
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is no-one else questioning whether he can actually tackle?

Always seems to read the play and get into position, then fluffs the tackle.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it was in the game plan just to get there as quick as possible, miss the tackle but slow them down so everyone else could gang tackle
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy is always around the ball. Amazing instincts. I'm not sure why he's not getting more hype. He's big, quick, and gets to the ball. He's solid in coverage... Not much to not like about the guy. Doesn't have the English language down pat just yet, but I think he's working on it. This draft class is loaded at LB and DE, though.

He can play MLB, ILB, SLB. He can play inside or out in a 3-4...very versatile player. He can tackle, he can cover, he's good against the run. Provides better pressure than the stats show when asked to rush the passer. He's at least above average at everything. His main attribute is definitely his instincts, though. His first step is almost always in the right direction.

Last edited by nepg : 01-29-2013 at 11:58 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The guy is always around the ball. Amazing instincts. I'm not sure why he's not getting more hype. He's big, quick, and gets to the ball. He's solid in coverage... Not much to not like about the guy. Doesn't have the English language down pat just yet, but I think he's working on it. This draft class is loaded at LB and DE, though.

He can play MLB, ILB, SLB. He can play inside or out in a 3-4...very versatile player. He can tackle, he can cover, he's good against the run. Provides better pressure than the stats show when asked to rush the passer. He's at least above average at everything. His main attribute is definitely his instincts, though. His first step is almost always in the right direction.
Kiko is one STUPID mother ------ but i'll give him this, he's a hell of a football player.

He's the classic old style LB, a complete battering ram up the middle, goes all out and fills HARD, with good instincts. Its weird but i've noticed Oregon starts its SILB (in their 34) about 7-8 yards back off the line of scrimmage, just seems a bit strange to me, but they almost always have him take a few steps forward to give him a little cushion to read the play. I really like the guy, but he's just one of those people that needs to go back to kindergarten and work his way up....i've talked with the guy a couple times, its almost painful to listen to him speak....
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote