Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ray Lewis May Have Used a Banned Substance to Recover

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-torn-triceps/

Ruh oh. And video evidence is pretty damning. To be honest, it isn't surprising. Did anyone seriously think that Ray Lewis miraculously just recovered from torn triceps in 1/4th the time bc "he's Ray Lewis"?

Welcome to the dirty side of the NFL. I'm of the belief that tons of NFL players are using banned substances so personally don't give a crap, but it will effect his reputation that's already questionable for sure.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would've been funny if he was suspended for the Superbowl.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember reading about the banning of this deer horn **** a couple of years ago on PFT, so it even got national publicity when the NFL gave it the no-go. No excuses, Ray-Ray.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suspected Ray Lewis of using PEDs when he was 6'1, 250# and one of the fastest players on the Ravens D.

I used to be on the stump against NFL players using PEDs until I realized it's probably more widespread than it is in MLB.

There are just so many more factors involved in football than just raw power, size and speed that go into making someone a good player that I look at it as one of those ugly 'open' secrets about the game.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't blame NFL players for using HGH and other banned substances. I can't imagine how their bodies don't turn to mush without some kind of help.

It's been in the game for the past 40 years. I wouldn't be surprised if half the league is using some kind of banned substance.

I can put my life savings on Mario Williams. Balding, girly voice, freak body, constantly getting hurt. Yeah, that's totally not the symptoms of a juicer. But it is what it is. This is a rampant occurrence in the NFL.

I bet a good 35% of the players on the field on SB Sunday are using banned substances. At least. I know this is all speculation on my part, I'm just putting it out there. I have no evidence to back up my claims, I just think we're naive if we don't think it's common practice.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Least surprising news of the day.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the NFL should let players use a substance if they are trying to recover from an injury. That's why steroids were invented; they weren't supposed to be used for cheating. I want to see players play, not sit on IR. Rodney Harrison also used PEDs to recover from an injury, but not before that. Of course, if the league allowed them for injuries (which will never happen), you would have to make sure they stop after recovery.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The number of players in the SB who have ever used is probably way over 35%.
I agree I don't know how you can play at the level for years without doing something, considering how many other guys are probably doing it.

It's not like in MLB, where a .330 contact hitter can go on the gear and suddenly become a 45 HR guy.

For instance I don't think hypothetically juice alone is the reason JJ Watt is so dominant. His agility, quickness and explosive power would be special if no one in the league took anything.

PEDs in the NFL I think just reset the bar higher physically for all players, but it doesn't really change who they are talent-wise as football players.
A random WR on the gear isn't suddenly going to become Randy Moss.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least this won't be the worst offense Ray Lewis got away with.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

To me, this is interesting bc it questions the character of Ray Lewis. He's tried very hard to clean up his image into this god fearing man who always does the right thing.

Now this accusation lends credence to his naysayers who think he's a phony.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
To me, this is interesting bc it questions the character of Ray Lewis. He's tried very hard to clean up his image into this god fearing man who always does the right thing.

Now this accusation lends credence to his naysayers who think he's a phony.
Great linebacker and Hall of Fame player, but I question the intelligence of anyone who ever truly bought into his BS antics. This run towards retirement has been especially painful, the crying during the national anthem and postgame meltdowns have been borderline unwatchable. Saddest part is that people are eating it up.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would the NFL release the information that Lewis did get busted for an NFL banned substance now of all times?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel embarrassed for the Ravens players every time I see Ray being so over dramatic after games.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Great linebacker and Hall of Fame player, but I question the intelligence of anyone who ever truly bought into his BS antics. This run towards retirement has been especially painful, the crying during the national anthem and postgame meltdowns have been borderline unwatchable. Saddest part is that people are eating it up.
Yeah he's definitely kicking it up a notch lately and it's pretty painful to watch.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens would probably be better off if he was suspended for the game. He isn't really that great of a player anymore. Half of his tackles come from jumping on piles. And maybe the Ravens will be extra motivated to "Win one more for Ray" with him off the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I do feel that he's genuinely intense about the game. I don't think that's fake. But he's definitely been overly dramatic lately. He definitely kicks it up a notch when he knows cameras are on him.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The Ravens would probably be better off if he was suspended for the game. He isn't really that great of a player anymore. Half of his tackles come from jumping on piles. And maybe the Ravens will be extra motivated to "Win one more for Ray" with him off the field.
I disagree with this. Sure, he's not HOF Ray Lewis anymore but he's still a pretty darn good MIKE. He was very good vs Denver I felt. And he's still very good at diagnosing plays and putting his men in position to make plays.

Great form tackler too. He still holds great value on the field.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's pretty common for players to boost when they're recovering from an injury. Some who recover well can get a pass just because they're studs. We saw it this year with Adrian Peterson. If he wasn't AD, then people would be highly skeptical of how he did what he did this year. So I can't say I'm surprised he'd do this.

It also brings into question his sudden career resurgence about five years ago. He looked like a shell of his old self, then boom he's back. I know that gets attributed to being shielded by Ngata, but still.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of players in the NFL are using both legal and illegal PEDs, folks. You're a sucker if you think otherwise. I don't need a video tape or anything else to see that there's a good chance Ray Lewis has been using PEDs for a long time.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
His replacement would be Brendan Ayanbadejo or Josh Bynes so I don't think that's true at all. Even if McClain was healthy I would rather have Lewis in there (not because I think Lewis is doing great, just that McClain is terrible). Pees has had both ILBs on the field regardless of who was playing for the majority of the year too so I wouldn't expect that to change. Especially against a team like San Francisco. Lewis hasn't been that good this season but he's better than the alternatives.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a worthless supplement. Come on. Deer Velvet extract?
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
This is a worthless supplement. Come on. Deer Velvet extract?
LOL. Yeah that's not exactly injecting 50ccs of test and deca.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With this being his final season, I could see him saying "**** it" and use PEDs to help him recover.

I wouldn't be surprised if he used them for the majority of his career though.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

For what it's worth, I use IGF on my cells ( I do cell culture work) and it helps them grow.

*shrug*
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also he killed some people.