Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a possibility is: we re-sign Beatty, Brewer at RT and don't address OT. I'm serious on that, too.

It'd be cool if one of our developmental OT's worked out
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Beatty would be overly expensive to re-sign. So moving him to RT wouldn't be out of the question. I'd play Lane at LT bc playing him at RT is a waste of his talent.

I think Lane can start from day 1. I think he'll wind up being a top 10 pick though. He's gonna blow up the combine.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I think a possibility is: we re-sign Beatty, Brewer at RT and don't address OT. I'm serious on that, too.

It'd be cool if one of our developmental OT's worked out
It's entirely possible. But if Lane is there and Ansah isn't, and Warmack isn't, the value might be just too damn good to pass up.

It's like choosing a serviceable starter at best in Brewer over having bookend OTs by bypassing Johnson at that point.

But who knows. We have options. CB is also on the radar. And maybe Oggletree as well.

I don't want a DT and havent discussed any either, but DT is a very real possibility at 19 as well. I can see some DTs falling in this draft bc of the OL talent available.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD, I value your opinion on guys, obviously, especially defenders. Take a look at Kawan Short, DT from Purdue. He's REALLY growing on me and I think could be a possibility for us
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
BBD, I value your opinion on guys, obviously, especially defenders. Take a look at Kawan Short, DT from Purdue. He's REALLY growing on me and I think could be a possibility for us
Was he the DT from the Senior Bowl that was all over the place?

And thanks, obviously the same goes to all of you guys. I really love the Giants forum, I think we have some of the best posters here.

I want to watch the Senior Bowl a couple of times. I want to focus on OL the next time I watch it, then I'm gonna focus on DL, then LB core. So I'll break the game down on 3 separate sit downs when I get a chance and comment on guys that stand out to me.

I can't comment on DBs. Impossible to judge them from the TV angle. I can try, but it would be a little weak at this point.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

yup, he was everywhere. Looked good in practices too, apparently. DB's seem really deep, which is cool. We could nab a really good guy if we go trenches/LB the first 2 rounds.
Quote:
Old 01-29-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't think Beatty would be overly expensive to re-sign. So moving him to RT wouldn't be out of the question. I'd play Lane at LT bc playing him at RT is a waste of his talent.

I think Lane can start from day 1. I think he'll wind up being a top 10 pick though. He's gonna blow up the combine.
I hope this is true, we really lucked out that Clady, Albert, Long and a few good RTs are all on the market this year.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiZM3sjK0ys The guy who posted this video is pure gold for evaluating prospects on youtube. Has a lot of games and a lot of the senior bowl practices put up on Youtube at full length! So we can go back and scout the prospects more thoroughly!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Johnson ends up top 10 that likely means 3 OT go that high. It would certainly drop a G to us I'd think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If Johnson ends up top 10 that likely means 3 OT go that high. It would certainly drop a G to us I'd think.
Warmack will probably go 18 to Dallas unfortunately.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would suck. Did Tyron Smith regress for them this past year? It seems like he didn't play as well/take that next step up. A Smith/Warmack left side would be pretty studly for them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-29-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think he was hurt. He also went through some serious personal trauma as his family was trying to extort him and were leaving him death threats. Sad stuff.

Him and Warmack would be pretty sick. I hope it doesn't happen.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

If the current draft rankings hold up for the most part, and those 3 or 4 junior pass rushers are still rated higher than Ansah, then maybe Ansah does fall to us.

*fingers crossed*

We need Dion Jordan, Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore, and Werner to go before Ziggy. It's still a long shot that Ansah falls to us but one can hope.

If the league is dumb enough to let Ansah fall to us then I have to seriously question their decision making. Bc having JPP and Ansah on the DL is just cheating. That's cheating.

Then Perry can run his crap Cover 2 all game long and it wouldn't matter bc the qb would have like 2 seconds to throw every play.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the current draft rankings hold up for the most part, and those 3 or 4 junior pass rushers are still rated higher than Ansah, then maybe Ansah does fall to us.

*fingers crossed*

We need Dion Jordan, Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore, and Werner to go before Ziggy. It's still a long shot that Ansah falls to us but one can hope.

If the league is dumb enough to let Ansah fall to us then I have to seriously question their decision making. Bc having JPP and Ansah on the DL is just cheating. That's cheating.

Then Perry can run his crap Cover 2 all game long and it wouldn't matter bc the qb would have like 2 seconds to throw every play.

Except Fewell would rush both of them from DT spots and leave Tuck and Kiwi on the outside.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

Except Fewell would rush both of them from DT spots and leave Tuck and Kiwi on the outside.
Ugh, this is so true. Words can't explain how much I hate Perry Fewell. It's almost like he tries to put our defense in a worse position to succeed every play.

Yeah, lets line JPP up at DT and take our best edge rusher away from what he does best. Brilliant. I used to get so pissed whenever I saw that.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:

*fingers crossed*

Well, I like Dion and Moore. Would be ok with one of them
Quote:
Old 01-29-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Well, I like Dion and Moore. Would be ok with one of them
What about this LSU DE? Not Montgomery, the other guy?

I like Dion a lot. Haven't looked at Moore yet.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Montgomery seems like Derrick Morgan who I wanted the year we took JPP. I won't make that mistake ever again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Montgomery seems like Derrick Morgan who I wanted the year we took JPP. I won't make that mistake ever again.
So much this. Do not want. Seems like a 4-6 sack a year guy, who can provide decen run support but not much else.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a potential game changer in the first round. They may not be an immediate starter (which lets face is unlikely with Coughlin), but will fundamentally improve how we play the game.

The only DEs I want in the first round are Ansah and Werner, both are likely long gone.

after that I want us to add a stud physical player for the trenches or a possibly stud corner

Im not fussed on Jordan, he is a pure RDE imho and we need a LDE. Montgomery and Okefor don't stand out to me, I'd rather have Tank Carradine in round 2 or 3 and address another need.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Tank Carradine, if we don't get Ansah, I'm hoping he falls to our second pick.

Warmock/Carradine or Ansah/Warford would look pretty sweet to me.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would suck. Did Tyron Smith regress for them this past year? It seems like he didn't play as well/take that next step up. A Smith/Warmack left side would be pretty studly for them.
Tyron really got off to a sluggish start but seemed to finish strong, he had 11 penalties ( mostly false starts ) allowed 3 sacks and had a pressure rate of 6%. He gave all of his sacks up in the first eight games, had only 2 penalties after week 6 and cut the amount of pressures in half. Also graded out in the top 5 run blockers at LT surprisingly.

On our board we are all hoping Jerry pulls the trigger on Warmack but he keeps talking the talk that he believes in the current personnel. Hopefully that is just smoke, if Wamack isn't there Cooper also has a pretty good grade from us altough he would be a better fit defending 3-techs at RG.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Tyron really got off to a sluggish start but seemed to finish strong, he had 11 penalties ( mostly false starts ) allowed 3 sacks and had a pressure rate of 6%. He gave all of his sacks up in the first eight games, had only 2 penalties after week 6 and cut the amount of pressures in half. Also graded out in the top 5 run blockers at LT surprisingly.

On our board we are all hoping Jerry pulls the trigger on Warmack but he keeps talking the talk that he believes in the current personnel. Hopefully that is just smoke, if Wamack isn't there Cooper also has a pretty good grade from us altough he would be a better fit defending 3-techs at RG.
I think LG would be a no brainer for Dallas, unless you guys strongly believe you need an interior pass rushing DT, in which case I can see you passing on Warmack.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think LG would be a no brainer for Dallas, unless you guys strongly believe you need an interior pass rushing DT, in which case I can see you passing on Warmack.
Nate Livings was rated as the 8th best guard last season, that being said I'd snatch up Warmack in a second. It is interesting to see a lot of the same prospect being brought up on our boards. I hope it doesn't turn into a lot of position jockeying come draft day.

I think there is a plethora of guys who can play 1 tech in the 4-3 Hankins/Williams/Short/Jenkins in the top 50. 3 tech is another monster, I'm not a big fan of Richardson's football smarts and Floyd has the motor but is extremely lacking in pass rush moves.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Nate Livings was rated as the 8th best guard last season, that being said I'd snatch up Warmack in a second. It is interesting to see a lot of the same prospect being brought up on our boards. I hope it doesn't turn into a lot of position jockeying come draft day.

I think there is a plethora of guys who can play 1 tech in the 4-3 Hankins/Williams/Short/Jenkins in the top 50. 3 tech is another monster, I'm not a big fan of Richardson's football smarts and Floyd has the motor but is extremely lacking in pass rush moves.
You can always move Livings to RG, or even move Warmack to RG.

I don't think Dallas's OL problems were as bad as they were made out to be but Warmack is a talent that's hard to pass up.

We have similar needs, which is interesting since we pick right after each other. I think we both are looking at OL, DL, and potentially DBs.