Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
No. Go look up how many players with 10+ all star appearances and a title are kept out of the HOF.
Gary Payton has 9 all star appearances and an NBA championship. Gary Payton deserves to make the HoF before Chris Bosh ever does. And no, 10+ all star appearances doesn't make that great of a difference from 9.

Maybe Bosh will eventually make it, but in no way (as of right now) should he be a 1st or even 2nd ballot guy. All Star games are overrated because a lot of players, like Bosh, didn't deserve every appearance if we want to take it seriously as a determining factor.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The All Star game's credibility is comical at this point. It's merely a popularity contest and shouldn't be used as a measuring stick for the HOF.

That goes for any sport.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

agreed, BBD.

All-Star voting is a JOKE.

especially when Bropez didn't make it this year. Classic example of the best players/seasons not making it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noah > Bropez.

COME AT ME SCOTTY!

Also, I really don't care the more I think about it. Pro Hall of Fames are becoming a joke anyway, so whether Bosh makes it first ballot, tenth, or never, he will never be considered close to a top player of his position so meh.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-29-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The All Star game's credibility is comical at this point. It's merely a popularity contest and shouldn't be used as a measuring stick for the HOF.

That goes for any sport.
I never said it should, I'm saying it does.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oddly enough, I think the basketball HOF is probably the least respected of the big 3.

The baseball HOF is probably the most credible, and football still has some respect. Nobody gives a **** about the basketball HOF.
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Fair enough. If the precedent is set, then it is what it is.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Gary Payton has 9 all star appearances and an NBA championship. Gary Payton deserves to make the HoF before Chris Bosh ever does. And no, 10+ all star appearances doesn't make that great of a difference from 9.

Maybe Bosh will eventually make it, but in no way (as of right now) should he be a 1st or even 2nd ballot guy. All Star games are overrated because a lot of players, like Bosh, didn't deserve every appearance if we want to take it seriously as a determining factor.
Why are we talking about Gary Payton now? Of course he should make it before Bosh I never suggested otherwise.

And if you think the majority voters are going to go through all of his individual all star seasons and decide if he was worthy each year you're giving the voters too much credit. Those guys look for milestones and championships and he's going to have both. I didn't say anything about first or second ballot, but he's goingto make it at some point.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Ya, the more I think about it the more I agree it does play into it even though I don't think it should (at least not as heavily).

But as I said, the HoF in general is slowly losing it's luster in all sports, so it is what it is. I won't ever consider Bosh a HoF-type PF even if he makes it some day.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Also, if Noah keeps up his production, he will be the 2nd player since CWebb in 98-99 to average at least 12 points, 10 boards, 4 assists, and 2 blocks.

Someone name that player between Webb and now.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-29-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Gotta be either Garnett or Duncan.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Noah > Bropez.

COME AT ME SCOTTY!

Also, I really don't care the more I think about it. Pro Hall of Fames are becoming a joke anyway, so whether Bosh makes it first ballot, tenth, or never, he will never be considered close to a top player of his position so meh.
I can't. :/ Noah's been good and made me look a fool since the draft.

But Bropez should've made it over Bosh. Probably even Tyson
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Gotta be either Garnett or Duncan.
Garnett during his MVP season in 03-04.

24.2 points, 13.9 boards, 5 assists, and 2.2 blocks per game.

As a side, I forgot how good Garnett used to be. In 3 seasons from 02-05, his lowest season averages were 22.2 points, 13.4 rebounds, and 5 assists. In a 9 year span, he averaged under 22 points and 12 boards thrice.

Timmy has never averaged 4 assists for a season, but did have 3.9 in 02-03 to go with 23.3 points, 12.9 boards, and 2.9 blocks. Another great season.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 01-29-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The Bulls. **** the Bulls.

*deep breathe*

We're coming for you Chicago. We're coming.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The Bulls. **** the Bulls.

*deep breathe*

We're coming for you Chicago. We're coming.
Technically, shouldn't it be the underdog/lesser team "coming for" the team ahead of them. So you're admitting that the Bulls are superior to the Knicks? Freudian slip?

Also, according to basketball reference, Reggie Miller has the 192nd highest probability of top 250 former and current players to make the HoF, 3rd lowest of all current members (ahead of Calvin Murphy and Ralph Sampson).

**** Reggie Miller, you weren't even that great of a 3 point shooter overall in your career. Congrats, the one thing you are known for and you're only slightly above average at it.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-29-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's adorable how BBD still thinks his team is good.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Technically, shouldn't it be the underdog/lesser team "coming for" the team ahead of them. So you're admitting that the Bulls are superior to the Knicks? Freudian slip?

Also, according to basketball reference, Reggie Miller has the 192nd highest probability of top 250 former and current players to make the HoF, 3rd lowest of all current members (ahead of Calvin Murphy and Ralph Sampson).

**** Reggie Miller, you weren't even that great of a 3 point shooter overall in your career. Congrats, the one thing you are known for and you're only slightly above average at it.
You enjoy this don't you? I want revenge dammit. We're getting it this year.

And come on man. Reggie is a HOFer. I hated the turd, but he's a HOFer.
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How fun was 94 bbd ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It's adorable how BBD still thinks his team is good.
2 seed in the Eastern Conference isn't good?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
How fun was 94 bbd ?
Actually, I enjoyed 99 better. That was my favorite Knick team. If it wasn't for Starks, we win in 94. So shush.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You forgot Olajuwon outscoring Ewing every goddamn time.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 01-29-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Don't make fun of Pat!!!!

Olajuwon had better teammates than Pat. Who the hell did Ewing have? Anthony Mason? Ewing would have won at least 2 rings if he had any kind of help other than a bunch of thugs who played hard defense during his prime.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really need to stop living in the past.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

He had Oakley, Starks.

You remember the year after too when Ewing had the chance to tie it in game 7 ? or the year after when he got crushed by the Bulls ?

Good times.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 01-29-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Oakley and Starks. Oh man. Yeah, those 2 strike fear into defenders hearts.

It's all good man! We're gonna right our wrongs this year! We settle this on the court this year when we beat the Bulls in 6.

If we lose to the Bulls in the playoffs, I'll never post in this thread again. I'm that confident we beat them if we meet in the playoffs.