Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals long time RB coach retired.
Any one know of guys in the league who could be potential candidates?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rb coach can't be hard to find.

"Go hit the hole"

My favorite is how blitz pickup is such a difficult concept to running backs. It just shows you how stupid some pro athletes are.

"Hey if a guy is running after your qb, block him"

And this is when it gets real tricky

"If 2 guys are running free at your qb, pick up the guy that's closer to your qb"

Lol. Complex stuff. I always get a kick out of blitz pickup being the hardest part of their transition. But then again when you made a career out of running, which is basically a human instinct, I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rb coach can't be hard to find.

"Go hit the hole"

My favorite is how blitz pickup is such a difficult concept to running backs. It just shows you how stupid some pro athletes are.

"Hey if a guy is running after your qb, block him"

And this is when it gets real tricky

"If 2 guys are running free at your qb, pick up the guy that's closer to your qb"

Lol. Complex stuff. I always get a kick out of blitz pickup being the hardest part of their transition. But then again when you made a career out of running, which is basically a human instinct, I shouldn't be surprised.
I just assumed he would be in Cincy til he died.
Most of our coaches seem to be that way

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So besides a few position coaches, its basically the Saints, Eagles, and Rams DC jobs open, right?

I think the Eagles are looking at the Ravens LB coach (his name escapes me) and Ed Donatell from the 49ers.

I thought the Saints would be looking at Romeo Crennel, but if they were going to hire him i think they would have done it by now. Possibly waiting for someone on the 49ers and Ravens staff.

Who knows what the Rams want. They run a 4-3 but the 49ers run a 3-4 and i'm pretty sure the Ravens do too. I think Dick Jauron would be a good DC for them.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I just assumed he would be in Cincy til he died.
Most of our coaches seem to be that way
Just hire a former RB. Most teams seem to do that.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah. I expect it to go to Hue Jackson unless he gets a job somewhere else.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-29-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Bengals long time RB coach retired.
Any one know of guys in the league who could be potential candidates?
You can put the guy running the hot dog stall in there. RBs know how to play out of high school. RB coaches don't do anything but watch RBs practice.

"You fumbled last week. So, like, uh...protect the ball."
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
You can put the guy running the hot dog stall in there. RBs know how to play out of high school. RB coaches don't do anything but watch RBs practice.

"You fumbled last week. So, like, uh...protect the ball."
Im just so use to the nepotism here I get excited over silly things

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-29-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When I read this post, Corey Dillon was the name that popped into my head.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahhahahaha
Dillon will not ever be a coach.
Let alone for Cincinnati.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-29-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He's too busy being a piece of **** human being to want to coach for anybody.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
He's too busy being a piece of **** human being to want to coach for anybody.
Dillon: "Alright guys, we are gonna watch me run the ball today during films"
RB#1: "Uh shouldn't we watch the defense and see how they play the run or watch old film of us to see where to improve?"
Dillon: "No. We should watch me. Now shut the **** up before I smack your woman around."

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-29-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Update on the perpetual search for the Defensive Coordinator for the Rams:

Jim Thomas, Rams beat writer for Post Dispatch, is reporting that the Rams will, in fact, reach out to Dick Jauron for the vacant DC job.

Heh!!! like we all didn't see that one coming.

Sidenote: I am now starting to wonder if the Rams were actually going to go with Rob Ryan and then reconsidered when Jauron got fired and became available. The fit with Jauron and Fisher's style of defense looks to be not unlike a hand in the glove.

WHAT SAY YE?
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Steelers have hired Jack Bicknell Jr as their OL coach and Danny Smith for their ST coach. Don't know much about Smith, but Bicknell intrigues me as his resume speaks for itself.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Hue Jackson is the new RB coach.
I like this move. Especially because it keeps Hue around.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-31-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
He won't ever get a HC offer until he cuts his hair. It sucks, but no NFL owner is hiring a HC with braids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I was thinking this the other day. If I was hiring him one of my conditions would be that he has to cut his hair. It looks stupid.
I guess you two were on to something after all.

Quote:
I Have a New Hero in Cleveland –Horton admitted he brought up his hair to teams that interviewed him, calling his braids “the elephant in the room” and he didn’t want a team to be afraid to hire him because of the hair. So Horton brought it up. And he said no team used it against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I guess you two were on to something after all.
If Horton realized that his hair was an "elephant in the room," he should have just cut it rather than have to explain it in interviews. Of course the interviewer is going to say something along the lines of "no big deal" and continue the interview, but first impressions are important when forming an opinion of someone.

He's over 50 years old and has braids... If he wanted to be a head coach he should have cut his hair so he looks like an adult and a professional.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
If Horton realized that his hair was an "elephant in the room," he should have just cut it rather than have to explain it in interviews. Of course the interviewer is going to say something along the lines of "no big deal" and continue the interview, but first impressions are important when forming an opinion of someone.

He's over 50 years old and has braids... If he wanted to be a head coach he should have cut his hair so he looks like an adult and a professional.
That's foolish. There is no hair code in the NFL that says NFL coaches have to have short hair. If there was, fine, what can you do? In this situation he wasn't doing anything wrong. If owners want to judge him for it then that's their own stupidity.

Personally, I don't give a crap what someone does to their hair as long as they coach well. The man can coach. Simple as that.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
That's foolish. There is no hair code in the NFL that says NFL coaches have to have short hair. If there was, fine, what can you do? In this situation he wasn't doing anything wrong. If owners want to judge him for it then that's their own stupidity.

Personally, I don't give a crap what someone does to their hair as long as they coach well. The man can coach. Simple as that.
Yup, I agree. I wouldn't give a single **** about the braids if he's winning games.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were a college AD, I'd probably care. Coaches have to actually go out and recruit the parents just as much as the kids, while also dealing with boosters. Braids probably wouldn't help, rightly or wrongly.

But if I were a professional GM, I could care less. Yes, coaches are the face of the franchise, but as long as he's winning, it literally doesn't matter. People will still buy tickets and merchandise, and I see no player declining a contract on the basis of his coach's hair style. Belichick dresses like a complete bum routinely, yet he'd be my first choice of coach.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Random thought that popped into my head.

So the Bears pay a ransom for Jay Cutler to be a franchise qb for them, then they proceed to put him behind a dogshit OL for his entire tenior in Chicago, and change OCs on him 4 times in 4 years.

Brilliant.

This is why Chicago hasn't had a franchise qb since The Great Depression.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If they want them to be such "professionals" with their look, then have them wear suits on the sidelines.

Mike Tomlin wears a bubble jacket. Bellichick looks like a homeless man.

If you're gonna do it, go all the way.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If they want them to be such "professionals" with their look, then have them wear suits on the sidelines.

Mike Tomlin wears a bubble jacket. Bellichick looks like a homeless man.

If you're gonna do it, go all the way.
If most teams were as consistent and had 3 Super Bowls like the Patriots, owners would let coaches wear a dress on the sideline. However first time hires don't have that pull.

I brought up Horton's hair over a week ago when we were discussing the Rooney Rule. No team will hire him looking like a 14 year girl who just had her hair braided on a trip to the Caribbean. It's the same way no one would hire the Ryans (except the idiot Jets) because they are fat slobs.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When did NFL coaches stop wearing suits? Was there some trailblazer who said "**** this tie, I'm not wearing it this week" or what? Was it an NFL mandate (wanting the coaches to wear official team apparel)?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When did NFL coaches stop wearing suits? Was there some trailblazer who said "**** this tie, I'm not wearing it this week" or what? Was it an NFL mandate (wanting the coaches to wear official team apparel)?
I'm pretty sure it was about official apparel. If Nike were to make suits with a big swoosh on it, I'm sure they could wear those.