Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a solid article over at stltoday talking about the safeties. I'm at school on my cell so hard to get the link. Talks about Cyprien being pretty much the most impressive safety at the senior bowl.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
There's a solid article over at stltoday talking about the safeties. I'm at school on my cell so hard to get the link. Talks about Cyprien being pretty much the most impressive safety at the senior bowl.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...88bb22259.html
Old 01-26-2013, 01:49 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another knee procedure for Scott Wells...

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...d98d6c058.html

Really hoping the Rams bring back Rob Turner for insurance at least.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, me too. I think Wells returns to his Pro Bowl form, and having Turner back will give us great depth.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:04 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, you know what is totally awesome? We have all this discussion and excitement going on here on our board, a ton of enthusiasm going into this offseason, while the Redskins board hasn't been touched in over two weeks. Still think we regret the RGIII trade? Not me:-)
Old 01-26-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rob Ryan is the D- Corrdinator and the Rams make the switch to a 3-4. With the players on the front seven already which have played in that defense and which will have success in it. There at a lot of differences with the two defenses, especially for inside the tackles with the DTs and on the outside with the stand up DE/OLBs.

I like Ryan, I think he has a fire that fits right in with the guys on the defensive side.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm 99.9% sure the Rams are staying with the 4-3.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I'm hearing early day 2 pick now for Cyprien.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Top 10 QBs right now.....

1. Geno Smith
2. Mike Glennon
3. Tyler Wilson
4. Tyler Bray
5. Ryan Nassib
6. Matt Barkley
7. EJ Manuel
8. Casey Brockman
9. Sean Renfree
10. Brad Sorenson

11. Landry Jones
12. Mike Hermann
13. Jeff Tuel

Not that the Rams need a Quarterback. But I wouldn't mind snagging a guy like Sean Renfree or Brad Sorenson in the later rounds.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Zac Dysert out of Miami of Ohio. If we end up with some compensatory picks or trade back and pick up some later round picks then I can see them grabbing a QB.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
I like Zac Dysert out of Miami of Ohio. If we end up with some compensatory picks or trade back and pick up some later round picks then I can see them grabbing a QB.
Not a big fan of Dysert's. He has average arm strength at best, struggles to throw anything over 15 yards and looks like Blaine Gabbert under pressure.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Ryan has experience coaching the 4-3 from his time in Oakland, and let's be honest, even though Ryan will serve as the DC, this is Fisher's defense. Ryan will coordinate based on the scheme Fisher wants. I don't see it changing.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Ryan has experience coaching the 4-3 from his time in Oakland, and let's be honest, even though Ryan will serve as the DC, this is Fisher's defense. Ryan will coordinate based on the scheme Fisher wants. I don't see it changing.
Completely Agree.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

I agree as well, this is Fishers team and he has the final say. I like the set up the Rams have right now with the personal they are building around. But if Ryan comes in and he has room to adjust then I just hope it doesn't put the defense in learning and adjusting mode instead of just coming out and playing like they did this past year and even better.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

The Rams will stay with the 4-3 base. I am confident of that. Ryan grew up with the 46 defense; if anything, his use of the 3-4 in recent years was new and foreign to him, not the other way around.

A lot of mocks and articles are connecting the Rams with Vaccarro in the 1st round. Several people here have expressed that they are not big on him. I haven't seen him myself. I would like to hear what you guys think of him, good or bad, and why. How do you think his game at the next level will compare to recent Texas safeties Earl Thomas and Michael Griffin?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
I'm hearing early day 2 pick now for Cyprien.
This would be a perfect slot for us to take him if we are able to trade out of the 1st with one of our picks and get an additional 2nd rounder
Old 01-28-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Top 10 QBs right now.....

1. Geno Smith
2. Mike Glennon
3. Tyler Wilson
4. Tyler Bray
5. Ryan Nassib
6. Matt Barkley
7. EJ Manuel
8. Casey Brockman
9. Sean Renfree
10. Brad Sorenson

11. Landry Jones
12. Mike Hermann
13. Jeff Tuel

Not that the Rams need a Quarterback. But I wouldn't mind snagging a guy like Sean Renfree or Brad Sorenson in the later rounds.
I seem to remember reading an article about Brad Sorensen earlier this fall. As I recall, it talked about him being the best small school QB, and that he has a heck of an arm. I am totally on board with taking a flier on a guy like that in round 6 or 7.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Here's a video of Vaccaro vs. Oklahoma St. To be honest, I think most of his flaws are due to coaching (or a lack thereof). He looks to me like a great athlete who plays on sheer talent and has a severe lack of discipline. He doesn't look like he has a strong grasp of his responsibilities, and regularly finds himself blown out of plays, or out of position in general. He also tends to go for the slobberknocker hit, and misses on occasion, as is the case early in this video when he drops his jock and Randle goes for 50 yards.

The positive that I take from this is that I don't think he has horrible habits that need a lot of re-teaching. It looks to me like has never really been taught to begin with. I think his problems are very fixable. My biggest question now is, how smart is he and how will he take to coaching at the next level?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN5BZ6f0FzM
Old 01-28-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I know some people on here are a little iffy about selecting Lane Johnson at #16 overall, for the main reason that his story is very similar to that of former 2nd overall pick and BUST Jason Smith.

Well remember, Joe Staley and Duane Harris went down the same path, and I'd say they've had pretty successful NFL Careers.

Are there any Offensive Lineman that you guys like in the middle rounds, I know Kyle Long is liked by a lot around here.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
The Rams will stay with the 4-3 base. I am confident of that. Ryan grew up with the 46 defense; if anything, his use of the 3-4 in recent years was new and foreign to him, not the other way around.

A lot of mocks and articles are connecting the Rams with Vaccarro in the 1st round. Several people here have expressed that they are not big on him. I haven't seen him myself. I would like to hear what you guys think of him, good or bad, and why. How do you think his game at the next level will compare to recent Texas safeties Earl Thomas and Michael Griffin?
You've pointed out a couple of his biggest flaws already. I'm not a big fan of DBs who play purely on their athleticism in college, because that just screams to me a guy who either isn't going to be able to get coached up or (best case scenario) is going to take 2-3 years to develop. But other than that, he doesn't break down too well when he tackles and this causes him to be out of position to really drive through the ball handler, forcing him to try to make arm tackles. On the coverage end, he looks oddly comfortable in man-to-man but like I said, he played a lot on his instincts and athleticism alone. He has a tendency to bite on the QB eyes a lot, which helped him out in college but will get him torn apart in the NFL.

I'm not the biggest fan, but I see his skill. All-in-all I would be okay with him in the 2nd, but I'm growing vehemently against him in the 1st (especially at 16).

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, according to the Rams twitter account, @STLouisRams, Rob Ryan will NOY be hired as the next DC...

"After extensive conversations regarding defensive philosophy, the Rams and Rob Ryan agreed he was not the right fit for the DC position."

"The #Rams will conitnue the interview process with the club's other candidates for the defensive coordinator position"

Interesting...

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Confirmed...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rams-wo...6067--nfl.html
Old 01-29-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Hey, you know what is totally awesome? We have all this discussion and excitement going on here on our board, a ton of enthusiasm going into this offseason, while the Redskins board hasn't been touched in over two weeks. Still think we regret the RGIII trade? Not me:-)
Yeah, I'm always going to agree with the trade no matter what happens. Even if RGIII goes onto be a HOFer, I mean good for him if that happens, and we end up with some busts. It was exactly the right choice for us at the time to do what we did.

On a side note, I am happy we didn't go with Rob Ryan. I mean Fisher could work with Ryan and all, but the Ryans seem like loud mouths that are not worth the trouble...
Old 01-29-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Yeah, I'm always going to agree with the trade no matter what happens. Even if RGIII goes onto be a HOFer, I mean good for him if that happens, and we end up with some busts. It was exactly the right choice for us at the time to do what we did.

On a side note, I am happy we didn't go with Rob Ryan. I mean Fisher could work with Ryan and all, but the Ryans seem like loud mouths that are not worth the trouble...
Exactly. Our team was 2-14. We needed a lot of pieces filled.

It's one of those trades that worked out for both teams, but no one wants to admit that, because it's boring. People want a winner and a loser.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I think there are way to many players I have Man crushes on this year. By far the most I've had than any other year since I've been following the draft. Bout 8 years now.
Closed Thread