Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you lose in the playoffs period. Be a man.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said we'll make it to the ECF and lose to the Heat. So there's that.

Never said we'll win the whole thing, unless I was blatantly trolling which was obvious.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rose comes back and is halfway decent the Bulls will be very scary in the playoffs. They'd be a tough out right now because they can lock you down defensively in so many different ways. Nonetheless if they have Rose out there.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll beat em with or without Rose. You need scorers to advance in the playoffs.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't even beat them in the regular season.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 01-29-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Playoff basketball is a different brand than the regular season. The regular season is all about attrition. You want to stay the course and survive the season healthy. You don't play your best basketball in the regular season or play at your highest intensity.

The Bulls are so good in the regular season bc they don't follow this line of thinking. They play every game with high intensity. That's great and all, but you want to peak in the playoffs. That's why they always flame out in the playoffs. When their opponents take it up a notch, they struggle matching that intensity bc they were already playing at that level all season.

That's why I call them overachievers. They're not a championship caliber team. They're fools gold.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We'll beat em with or without Rose. You need scorers to advance in the playoffs.
I know a lot of Heat fans who hope you guys do take out the Bulls. The feeling here in South Florida is that the Bulls and the Pacers are the only threats to the Heat in the East.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You enjoy this don't you? I want revenge dammit. We're getting it this year.

And come on man. Reggie is a HOFer. I hated the turd, but he's a HOFer.
Oh I don't disagree, I'm just hating Reggie because he's a douche. I just think it's hilarious he's really not that great percentage wise at the one thing he was known for.

Quote:
Playoff basketball is a different brand than the regular season. The regular season is all about attrition. You want to stay the course and survive the season healthy. You don't play your best basketball in the regular season or play at your highest intensity.

The Bulls are so good in the regular season bc they don't follow this line of thinking. They play every game with high intensity. That's great and all, but you want to peak in the playoffs. That's why they always flame out in the playoffs. When their opponents take it up a notch, they struggle matching that intensity bc they were already playing at that level all season.

That's why I call them overachievers. They're not a championship caliber team. They're fools gold.
So by flame out you mean make the ECF one year, and the next year lose your best player for 5 games and 2nd best player for 3 games in the first round, then I guess you're right.

If the Bulls only get past round 1 this season, it's more likely because Rose isn't fully healthy or Noah goes down than it is because "they're a regular season team".

Also, the Knicks haven't shown they can take it up a notch against anyone, playoffs or otherwise.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I know a lot of Heat fans who hope you guys do take out the Bulls. The feeling here in South Florida is that the Bulls and the Pacers are the only threats to the Heat in the East.
There are actual Heat fans in South Florida? I thought they only care when it's cool to care.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are actual Heat fans in South Florida? I thought they only care when it's cool to care.
Yeah, I know quite a few actually. It's still "pretty cool" to be a Heat fan. I imagine if they lose before the Finals, everyone will jump ship though.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Oh I don't disagree, I'm just hating Reggie because he's a douche. I just think it's hilarious he's really not that great percentage wise at the one thing he was known for.

So by flame out you mean make the ECF one year, and the next year lose your best player for 5 games and 2nd best player for 3 games in the first round, then I guess you're right.

If the Bulls only get past round 1 this season, it's more likely because Rose isn't fully healthy or Noah goes down than it is because "they're a regular season team".

Also, the Knicks haven't shown they can take it up a notch against anyone, playoffs or otherwise.
This is a different team this year. We're a veteran team. When we were healthy and played high intensity, you saw the results early in the season.

Now we're just surviving. Which I predicted btw. I said we needed to start out hot bc theres no way this old team can play at that level all season. You gotta pick your spots.

I'm fine with us holding serve for the rest of the season, then getting healthy for the playoffs and playing at a higher energy level then. That's what old teams do. That's what the Celtics did last year.

That's what you have to do with an old team. You'll see come playoff time how different this team plays. If we are healthy come playoff time, we're going to be a very dangerous team.

The Pacers and Bulls are essentially the same team. I actually like the Pacers more bc they have more length. They'll put on a good show but they'll ultimately fall short vs the Heat.

We are easily their biggest threat. We have height, and we have prolific scoring. When we give a ****, we play good defense.

That combination will give them more trouble than Chicago and Indy can give them. We match up better. If we go Tyson and Camby in the paint to take away Lebron and Wade's lanes, we can give them fits.

Throw in some Melo at at the 4 once in awhile to change it up, and some Amare at the 5 to add some bench scoring, with our 3 point shooters and we'll be a problem for Miami.

We're the best bet to beat them. Will we? Probably not. Nobody is realistically gonna beat them. But we are the most likely to do it.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy Buckets > Shumpert
Noah > Chandler
Boozer > Amare
Rose > Felton
Melo > Deng

Bulls Bench > Knicks Bench

Bulls 4 - Knicks 1.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Lol where in South Florida? Or do you mean sportswriters/team media guys?

Because the people in Miami have such little basketball knowledge its annoying... they fear the BIG names.... the Knicks and Bulls included but those fans probably still think the Lakers are a threat haha.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

I think they have no knowledge of any sports in South Florida.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you're all forgetting how awesome the Nets are. And we'll meet the Heat somewhere along the way. Win the first game, then lose 4-1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

His percentages weren't as high as pure spot up shooters because he had to shoot contested shots off the dribble and coming off screens where he had to set his feet quickly. His career 3 point percentage is almost the same as Ray Allen, who some (if not most) people think is the best 3 point shooter ever.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Jimmy Buckets > Shumpert
Noah > Chandler
Boozer > Amare
Rose > Felton
Melo > Deng

Bulls Bench > Knicks Bench

Bulls 4 - Knicks 1.
Noah is not better than Chandler. And a simple > is not how basketball works. You can have 4 guys that are > but if our 1 superstar is >>>>> then it doesn't matter about the rest of the guys.

The truth is our teams are very close everywhere, except I'm taking Melo over Rose and our overall scoring over your overall defense.

And I'm taking Amare over Boozer. Boozer sucks. At least Amare has an excuse bc of his knees. What's Boozer's excuse?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but Rose >>> Melo

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
but Rose >>> Melo
Not this year. Not with that knee. And Melo is having arguably the best year of his career to boot.

Melo is a top 6 player in the NBA this year.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you're all forgetting how awesome the Nets are. And we'll meet the Heat somewhere along the way. Win the first game, then lose 4-1.
I care about the Nets scotty!!

#MoncriefArmy
Old 01-29-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And I'm taking Amare over Boozer. Boozer sucks. At least Amare has an excuse bc of his knees. What's Boozer's excuse?
You're taking Amar'e over Boozer, even though Boozer is clearly absolutely without a shadow of a doubt the better player? Seems about right.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You're taking Amar'e over Boozer, even though Boozer is clearly absolutely without a shadow of a doubt the better player? Seems about right.
Yup. Bc at Amare's current pace, he's better than Boozer. he's averaging 17 and 7 in 25 minutes (avg) over the past 3 games and is getting better with each game. Amare's ceiling is way higher than Boozers. As long as his knees can hold up this year he's better than Boozer.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yup. Bc at Amare's current pace, he's better than Boozer. he's averaging 17 and 7 in 25 minutes (avg) over the past 3 games and is getting better with each game. Amare's ceiling is way higher than Boozers. As long as his knees can hold up this year he's better than Boozer.
Key sentence.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
Key sentence.
If we hold him to 25 minutes a night I think he should be ok. I'd give him 25 minutes a night with every 4th game off. We won't do that, but we should.

Then unleash him in the playoffs.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not this year. Not with that knee. And Melo is having arguably the best year of his career to boot.

Melo is a top 6 player in the NBA this year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote