Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-29-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Damnit Michigan fans, acknowledge that your program doesn't know how to use acronyms. Otherwise I'll have to resort to kicking the Illini program while their down, which gets old after like 8 years.
"WE ON" sounds cooler than "WE OI."
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
"WE ON" sounds cooler than "WE OI."
Well, ya. But it also makes you guys look slightly illiterate. It's not like you had the letters W E O N and had to come up with something to fit it.

And yes, I've given up on Iowa and am just waiting for hopefully a higher seed in the NIT.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a lifelong Michigan fan and my boss is a Gator, so I really want a Michigan vs. Florida game in the tournament.

I'm also still not really believing the #1 overall ranking. I don't think it's the best team in the nation, but whatever.

Last edited by WCH : 01-29-2013 at 10:07 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Well, ya. But it also makes you guys look slightly illiterate. It's not like you had the letters W E O N and had to come up with something to fit it.

And yes, I've given up on Iowa and am just waiting for hopefully a higher seed in the NIT.
They look stupid, so I really like it.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'm a lifelong Michigan fan and my boss is a Gator, so I really want a Michigan vs. Florida game in the tournament.

I'm also still not really believing the #1 overall ranking. I don't think it's the best team in the nation, but whatever.
The problem is there are no really great teams this year. The quality of play is pretty rotten all around.

I mean, I think OSU looks really bad, but I can't knock them being in the top 25 when everyone else looks pretty damn bad most of the time as well.

The parity might make for a great tourney this year, however.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This years bracket is going to be ridiculously hard to fill out.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gophers Beat Nebraska Woooooooooo!!!!!!!!
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'm a lifelong Michigan fan and my boss is a Gator
Get a new job. Sounds unsafe.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's your guys' final four right now? I know it's early but I'm bored.

The only team I could feel confident putting in there is Kansas. Combination of scoring and post defense is a good recipe for a deep run.

Michigan's balanced perimeter attack is appealing.

I love me some IU but I don't like Crean on a neutral big stage. Right now I see them
getting upset in a sweet 16 or at best an elite 8.

UCLA is a wildcard for me right now. I'm not a fan of Howland at all but Jordan Adams and Shabazz make for one of the best perimeter tandems in the country and Kyle Anderson is a matchip nightmare down low for opposing point guards.

Like p2w said filling out this year's bracket will be ridiculous but the team's I like for deep runs are Kansas, Michigan, Duke and UCLA as a darkhorse.

Conference tournaments will be very very interesting this year.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan and all these top teams CAN get there so it is a difficult question..

I put Duke there with a healthy Ryan Kelly.. not sure if he is out for season or not but he adds alot to that team. Even without him they could get there so Duke, Kansas, Michigan, Florida, Indiana, and Cuse. I would say out of those 6, at least 2 of them go to Final Four because of this years lack of North Carolinas and Kentuckys.

Probably one of those years a darkhorse gets in there, maybe Ohio State, Michigan State or Mizzouri would be my under the radar teams.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNLV for the Final Four. They getting better week-by-week.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
UNLV for the Final Four. They getting better week-by-week.
Pls go.

And I'll go Kansas, Florida, Indiana, and Louisville. I like Gonzaga a lot too though, I think they have a really good shot.

Last edited by yo123 : 01-30-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Get a new job. Sounds unsafe.
There's only so many pizza delivery jobs out there man. You've got to take what's available.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am using Lunardi's bracketology here and I completely agree that this bracket will be hard as hell to fill out.

My Final 4 is Kansas, Michigan, Indiana, and Florida. 3 of the 4 #1 seeds and a 2 seed. I will prolly get wackier than that as time gets closer, but we shall see...
Old 01-31-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Pls go.

And I'll go Kansas, Florida, Indiana, and Louisville. I like Gonzaga a lot too though, I think they have a really good shot.
**** you!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1359520449

i love henderson

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
**** you!!!

lolololollolololol

But you're right it will probably be UNLV over BYU in the championship. SO MUCH EXPERIENCE!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
My ninja

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball

Quote:
It was only a few years ago, during the fall of his senior season at L.D. Bell High School just outside of Dallas, that Henderson became incensed after scanning a list of the nation's top 100 prospects on a recruiting website.

"They had guys ranked ahead of me [who] couldn't hold my jock strap in a million years," Henderson said by phone Monday night. "For some reason, people have never thought I could ball. They said I was too white.

"I play with a chip on my shoulder because of stuff like that. I've always flown under the radar because no one thinks I'm any good."

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved that hahha I kept watching to se everbodies individual reaction, black guy in the polo far right just geeking.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first time I watched Marshall Henderson led to me to an unbecoming opinion of him. (UK game)

Old 01-31-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
lolololollolololol

But you're right it will probably be UNLV over BYU in the championship. SO MUCH EXPERIENCE!
Wait for 2016. UNLV and BYU will be top 10 teams.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I'm all for Marshall Henderson, just because I'm tired of this notion that all athletes need to be choir boys like Derrick Rose. I like seeing personality.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Oh same here - but the dude just kept chucking and chucking and chucking and it was annoying as hell.

i support it when a man believes in his smellf

Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1

The UNLV Runnin' Rebels are 21st in field goal percentage defense at 38.0%. They're 15th in three-point field goal percentage defense at 28.5%. Finally, they're tied for 12th in rebounding margin at 8.5 rebounds per game.

The last time I checked, playing really good defense and not allowing second-chance points is a good recipe for success. I know I'm going to get laughed at, but I don't really care. That just shoes east coast bias and the lack of respect for teams who don't play in BCS conferences.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Down goes Kansas. Marcus Smart just destroyed them in the second half.