Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top Ten Pick and Why

Here is my top ten mock at the moment in whick I offer what could be the deciding factors in each of the selection:

1. Chiefs- QB Geno Smith

Deciding factor:

- I simply can't see Reed waiting for next year to get his QB. He knows how McKnabb allowed him to have a long tenure with the Eagles.

2. Jaguars- DE Bjoren Werner

Deciding factor:

Jaguars have an abysmal pass rush. They run a 4-3 defense and Werner is the best PURE 4-3 end. The fact that he played his college ball in state doesn't hurt.

3. Raiders- DT Star Lotulelei

Deciding factor:

Seymour is gone. The Raiders must keep FA Desmond Bryant and Kelly is highly overpaid and could be a cap casualty. They may lose not just one, but two starting DTs.

4. Eagles- OT Luke Joeckel

Deciding factor:

Eagles are in dire need of O-line help and the best OL prospect will be available when they pick.

5. Lions- CB Dee Millner

Yes, the Lions need some DE help, but it's a deep DE class. They need to add top tier talent to the back end of their defense if they ever hope to ascend to one of the NFL's top rated defenses. Plus, do they want top money tied up in three defensive lineman? Can't see it.

6. Browns- WR Cordarrelle Patterson

Deciding factor:

New DC Ray Horton has gone out of his way to talk about how he loves the versatility of the defensive players on the team and how he wants to play multiple fronts. Could be coach speak; however, the Browns have not had a blue chip WR since....since....wow, have they every had one? This may be strange pick at the moment, but I believe that Patterson is going to gain the reputations that he can be a difference maker on the NFL level and will thus move up the rankings. This is and offensive league, and the bottom line is that the Browns need playmakers to compete and they need to establish a pecking order among their WRs. They have the rest of the draft to address defense and don't be surprised if Horton targets some acquisitions from his former team, the Cardinals.

7. Cardinals- OT Eric Fisher

Deciding factor:

It's no secret that the Cardinal's offensive line is in shambles. They would like to improve upon the QB cluster they have, but there is simply no one available at the #7 pick that comes close to warranting a QB selection. They will take the building block while they are in position to.

8. Bills- QB Matt Barkley

Deciding factor:

Because the Bills have been outspoken about their desire to add a new signal caller, I think they could over reach for Barkley here. He's not that good IMO, but teams will have a new appreciation for Smith and Barkley after see the Senior Bowl QBs perform.

9. Jets- DE Ziggy Ansah

Deciding factor:

The Jets will be a in a great position with a number of pass rushers on the board, so it's going to come down to which one Ryan falls in love with. I think the winner will be Ansah. I think Ryan will see true star potential in Ansah and us him as a model of what he wants the team to look like under the second half of his tenure.

10. Titans- OG Chance Warmack

Deciding factor:

Jake Locker is who we thought he was. Well, some of us. The only way to salvage his career is for him to rely more heavily on the run and once again become a physical team. Also, the O-line in general is extremely old and needs some new blood. Demontre Moore is tempting here, but they still have money tied up in Morgan and Wimbley.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 01-31-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote