Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the popular sentiment is that there is no QB worth...

But the Chiefs need a QB with long term starting potential. In fact, they need multiple QBs it's easy to paint a picture that none of the current QBs on their roster (Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi) are brought back.

That being said, who to take. I know Kiper doesn't have a QB going in the first round in his mock. Much respect to Kiper, but I disagree with that. In this pass happy league that's catering more and more to QBs, the value is going to continue to go up. In fact, I can see a scenario were as many as 4 go in the first round. I'm not predicting that. But we've seen guys like Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, etc. with their red flags go in the first round. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that multiple QBs end up getting pushed well into the first round when it's all said and done.

Now, back to the Chiefs. The need at QB for the Chiefs is about as dire as any team in the league. When it's all said and done there they might not have much choice but to go QB if one is worth even, say, the 10th overall pick in the draft. If it's Geno Smith, so be it. With Andy Reid there it's easier to feel more comfortable with his ability to get the most out of Geno and work out his flaws.

Even still, if it were me and I took Geno Smith #1 overall, it wouldn't be the only pick I spent on QB. In fact, if it were me and I took Geno at 1/1 and, say, EJ Manuel, for example, was still on the board at the top of the 3rd or 4th round, I might spend a pick on him too. Because, ultimately, the Chiefs may have to throw numbers at the QB position to increase their odds of getting it right. Let's not forget, this is the same organization that drafted Ryan Sims and Eddie Freeman in the same draft and then years later took Tyson Jackson and Alex Magee in the same draft. If they can spend multiple picks on the same position (DT) then surely they can spend a couple picks on the most important position on the field when they may soon have nothing at the position.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote