Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-31-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the popular sentiment is that there is no QB worth...

But the Chiefs need a QB with long term starting potential. In fact, they need multiple QBs it's easy to paint a picture that none of the current QBs on their roster (Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi) are brought back.

That being said, who to take. I know Kiper doesn't have a QB going in the first round in his mock. Much respect to Kiper, but I disagree with that. In this pass happy league that's catering more and more to QBs, the value is going to continue to go up. In fact, I can see a scenario were as many as 4 go in the first round. I'm not predicting that. But we've seen guys like Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, etc. with their red flags go in the first round. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that multiple QBs end up getting pushed well into the first round when it's all said and done.

Now, back to the Chiefs. The need at QB for the Chiefs is about as dire as any team in the league. When it's all said and done there they might not have much choice but to go QB if one is worth even, say, the 10th overall pick in the draft. If it's Geno Smith, so be it. With Andy Reid there it's easier to feel more comfortable with his ability to get the most out of Geno and work out his flaws.

Even still, if it were me and I took Geno Smith #1 overall, it wouldn't be the only pick I spent on QB. In fact, if it were me and I took Geno at 1/1 and, say, EJ Manuel, for example, was still on the board at the top of the 3rd or 4th round, I might spend a pick on him too. Because, ultimately, the Chiefs may have to throw numbers at the QB position to increase their odds of getting it right. Let's not forget, this is the same organization that drafted Ryan Sims and Eddie Freeman in the same draft and then years later took Tyson Jackson and Alex Magee in the same draft. If they can spend multiple picks on the same position (DT) then surely they can spend a couple picks on the most important position on the field when they may soon have nothing at the position.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
I'm sure Miami is absolutely thrilled with the Jake Long investment instead of taking Matt Ryan.
Yes dolphins fans really missed out on all those heartbreaking playoff losses. Jake long is a 4x Pro bowler and Matt Ryan made 2. Positional scarcity is great and all but Jake is a better player.

by the way James Farrior had only 1 good year with the Jets and spent the rest of his career on the Steelers. Pace won a ring and made 7 pro bowls. no question who was a better pick.

as for Geno Smith, McShay has him in the mid 20's which is about right. no amount of turd shining will get him to 1, so that Andy Reid can make a fireable draft pick. that dude just got fired he's not gonna go against the grain and take a late first rounder at 1 overall and get fired again. Geno Smith had 2 safeties in the snow against Syracuse he's exactly the guy who gets GMs fired.

adjust your mocks accordingly.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post

Even still, if it were me and I took Geno Smith #1 overall, it wouldn't be the only pick I spent on QB. In fact, if it were me and I took Geno at 1/1 and, say, EJ Manuel, for example, was still on the board at the top of the 3rd or 4th round, I might spend a pick on him too.
this pretty much says it all about geno smith. the QB at 1 overall is so overvalued that the team should also use a 3rd rounder at QB. Why stop there? Why not pick a QB in round 4?

Old 01-31-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
Yes dolphins fans really missed out on all those heartbreaking playoff losses. Jake long is a 4x Pro bowler and Matt Ryan made 2. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes dolphins fans really missed out on all those heartbreaking playoff losses. Jake long is a 4x Pro bowler and Matt Ryan made 2. Positional scarcity is great and all but Jake is a better player.
Not sure if srs.

Long's play has declined so rapidly that they're letting him walk and aren't really worried about it. How well they do going forward is going to be completely dependent on their quarterback, Ryan Tannehill. The guy who everyone said was overhyped and overdrafted and would be a huge bust that actually looks pretty damn good.

Quote:
this pretty much says it all about geno smith. the QB at 1 overall is so overvalued that the team should also use a 3rd rounder at QB. Why stop there? Why not pick a QB in round 4?
Like the Redskins just did?

Matt Ryan Best of Mediocre QB Class
These types of articles are fun to look back on.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR

Last edited by y.f.s. : 01-31-2013 at 04:52 PM.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
if it were me and I took Geno Smith #1 overall, it wouldn't be the only pick I spent on QB.
Agreed - Chiefs Should Take Two
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This pretty much says it all about RG3. The QB at 2 overall is so overvalued that the team should also use a 4th rounder at QB. Why stop there? Why not pick a QB in round 5?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Umm, yeah. You pretty much lost this argument. You would have had to search all the way back to last year to figure this one out.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a huge fan of any of the QB's but the Chiefs probably will take Geno at #1 and it won't a huge issue unless he busts completely. Reid is a good QB guy so if he is comfortable with Geno there, then it will probably work out just fine. Nobody every regrets reaching on a guy who turns out to be a franchise QB.

I also think it is a fair idea for them to snag another QB at some point in the draft. Not in the first 3 rounds but a nice backup that Reid can develop in case of injury or for later trade bait. Having a good backup QB is still a crucial part of surviving an NFL season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should the Chiefs draft 2 QBs? I don't know. Depends on what Reid thinks of Stanzi, really. And from there, it'd really be a value situation. If one of the Top 10 QBs falls to the 5th or 6th round, that's probably when you see the Chiefs start to consider pulling the trigger on another QB. A UDFA is more likely, though. They have some depth needs that they probably want to actually spend draft picks to fill.

It was a bit more vital for the Redskins to draft another QB because of how they planned to use RG3. Geno Smith is not going to be running the ball out of the read-option.

Last edited by nepg : 01-31-2013 at 08:13 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The SKins drafted Cousins because Mike Shanahan has lost all faith in Rex Grossman, not because he believed RG3 would get busted up as a rookie. FYI.

Is Stanzi really that awful?? I loved him coming out of Iowa.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Geno Smith is not going to be running the ball out of the read-option.
The people comparing Geno to RGIII seem oblivious to how important this was to RGIII's success. Their deep ball ability is almost the only real similarity between their playing styles. That said, I think I have to admit I've warmed up to the idea of the Chiefs drafting Geno no. 1 overall, but mostly because I can't come up with a better idea. If you're ok with taking Sam Bradford first overall, knock yourself out with Geno. Although the comparison I've had in mind lately is sort of a cross between Sam Bradford and Jay Cutler. If that's who shows up in KC, it's a good pick. His awareness still troubles me.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
The SKins drafted Cousins because Mike Shanahan has lost all faith in Rex Grossman, not because he believed RG3 would get busted up as a rookie. FYI.

Is Stanzi really that awful?? I loved him coming out of Iowa.
I think it's more that Jim Zorn is awful, but you can't take all the credit for him looking completely unprepared away from Stanzi himself. I'd like to see what Reid's staff can do with him.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
That said, I think I have to admit I've warmed up to the idea of the Chiefs drafting Geno no. 1 overall, but mostly because I can't come up with a better idea. If you're ok with taking Sam Bradford first overall, knock yourself out with Geno. Although the comparison I've had in mind lately is sort of a cross between Sam Bradford and Jay Cutler. If that's who shows up in KC, it's a good pick. His awareness still troubles me.
If you draft him first overall and get the kind of production that Sam Bradford has produced thus far in his career, then I think you have a fairly large bust on your hands. If you're taking a QB in the Top 10 of the draft he should be expected to be a franchise QB. What is a franchise QB? The kind of player that turns your franchise around. The type of player that can beat anyone on any given Sunday regardless of the talent around him, or the talent he is facing. Bradford had a good rookie season - by rookies standards - but he has plateaued and done little that makes you think he is a franchise QB. He's not the guy making the Rams better. The Rams are slowing building a more and more talented roster, and Bradford is just along for the ride. A franchise QB has got to be be the guy that catapults your team to victories you aren't expected to win. Bradford hasn't done that since his rookie year (where he showed promise of being that guy). He's getting closer and closer to being the guy on the hot seat in St Louis. So far Bradford projects to the type of QB that if he's on a good team, then he can have a good amount of success. If he's on a bad team, then he's not going to have much success. He's more of a manager at this point in his career.

I think Geno Smith has very good qualities: arm strength, accuracy, accuracy deep down field, experience, leadership, character, production, poise and work ethic. Also, from everything I've heard, he's smart.

I think he has the physical tools and the makeup to be a high draft pick. I think he has the most potential of any QB in this class, and he's the most likely candidate to win a starting job from day 1. But if you think you're getting a Sam Bradford, then I don't know how you justify taking him in the Top 10. I don't think teams picking first overall can simply pick an average to below average QB first overall because its your biggest need. Especially when you have the chance to add the best player in the entire draft.

I don't think many will have Geno Smith as the top ranked player in the draft. He has his flaws, and he's far from perfect. But he does have the potential to be an above average QB in this league. With Andy Reid I think his chances of success only increase.

Smith's areas for concern for me are his footwork, offensive system, stares down his #1 target far too often and can make some bad decisions / force throws. He also rushes his throws and makes throws with bad technique, thus resulting in inaccurate throws / poor ball placement. His play throughout his Senior season was shockingly inconsistent.

Those are too many negatives to call him an elite prospect. It's going to to come down to his makeup. His work ethic and dedication to the craft. If teams feel like he's the type of player that's going to improve his throwing mechanics and watch tape all week long and preparing during the week, then he's going to be a huge success. He has too much talent not to be. If he only puts in marginal work during the week, then he's going to be an average player and a bust (if taken in the top 10).

Right now I think Geno Smith is a first round prospect. I want to hear the buzz from his interviews at the Combine. If teams are talking about him as a leader and a hard worker, then I think his stock rises, or solidifies certain views that he's a top 10 pick, even first overall. But his ceiling is much higher than that of Sam Bradford. I think he has much better physical tools. I only viewed Bradford as the kind of player that could become a fringe Top 10 QB. I think Geno Smith has more than enough Top 10 QB potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 02-01-2013 at 05:53 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
The people comparing Geno to RGIII seem oblivious to how important this was to RGIII's success. Their deep ball ability is almost the only real similarity between their playing styles. That said, I think I have to admit I've warmed up to the idea of the Chiefs drafting Geno no. 1 overall, but mostly because I can't come up with a better idea. If you're ok with taking Sam Bradford first overall, knock yourself out with Geno. Although the comparison I've had in mind lately is sort of a cross between Sam Bradford and Jay Cutler. If that's who shows up in KC, it's a good pick. His awareness still troubles me.
I don't think they're really comparable at all in terms of skillset. Just pointing out that drafting two quarterbacks in one class is not a completely ******** idea. It's actually really good planning and asset acquisition. Ideally, you should be drafting one in the mid/late rounds every other season.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think they're really comparable at all in terms of skillset. Just pointing out that drafting two quarterbacks in one class is not a completely ******** idea. It's actually really good planning and asset acquisition. Ideally, you should be drafting one in the mid/late rounds every other season.
Ron Wolf style

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a really stupid idea, though, when your team is **** and you invest two very high picks into them. 1 QB is better than 2, when 1 is actually successful.

I know. Everyone on KC is a pro bowler except their QB, but maybe they could improve some of that even.

A late round stab in the dark isn't a bad idea.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

you guys bring up RG3, who just tore his ACL for the 2nd time in his career. If Chip Kelly has a legitimate NFL offense with Dennis Dixon, that pretty much proves the Redskins overpaid.

don't get me wrong I like geno. I just don't like him at 1. if the Chiefs want this player they trade up 5-10 slots from 33 to get him. He'll probably be there. anyone who takes this player in the top 10 is reaching, and if you don't believe thate, look at the Texas Tech, Texas and Syracuse games. 1 overall picks don't commit 2 horrendous safeties on national tv. He's got great potential but he's not gonna be facing Baylor in the NFL.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bitonti, why are you always wrong?!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Bitonti, why are you always wrong?!
sorry you are right geno smith is awesome and should go number one. What was i thinking I mean he really did well against Baylor. So obviously I'm wrong.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you guys bring up RG3, who just tore his ACL for the 2nd time in his career. If Chip Kelly has a legitimate NFL offense with Dennis Dixon, that pretty much proves the Redskins overpaid.

don't get me wrong I like geno. I just don't like him at 1. if the Chiefs want this player they trade up 5-10 slots from 33 to get him. He'll probably be there. anyone who takes this player in the top 10 is reaching, and if you don't believe thate, look at the Texas Tech, Texas and Syracuse games. 1 overall picks don't commit 2 horrendous safeties on national tv. He's got great potential but he's not gonna be facing Baylor in the NFL.

If your team hasn't had a potential franchise QB in nearly 20 years, there's no such thing as overpaying to get one.

Geno also had a monster game against the Longhorns.
Yeah Geno and the Mountaineers couldn't get on track against Syracuse, but did you see Geno Smith's Orange Bowl masterpiece against Clemson last season??

Smith has four years worth of tape and IMO his good football far outweighs his rare bad games. He's coachable and has gotten better every year as a starter.

I just don't see a better QB you'd select before him.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right, because RG3 was so overvalued.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sigh.....

Quote:

He would NOT be there, end of story.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

McShay has him in the 20's. Kiper doesn't have a QB in the top 25 big board. Russ Lande NFP has him ranked 40 (behind Glennon and Barkley!). Bill Williamson the ESPN AFC west blogger says he hasn't proven to be a top of the board prospect. Mayock was disappointed that Geno didn't go to Mobile.

I'm not exactly out on a limb here. Can anyone really make the case that Geno Smith is the best player in this draft?

I won't go as far as Russ. Yes he's the best Qb in this class. But this class sucks. Smith's good points don't outweigh his bad points to get him up to 1. I don't see why this is such an unreasonable position.

it's possible that the unreasonable position is just assuming he goes 1, just cause he's a QB and that's what happens.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I just don't see a better QB you'd select before him.
I agree with this 100%. I just don't think he's got a real top 10 grade.