Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
3rd is the highest you can get as a comp. pick. I think we got a 3rd for Haynesworth.
Awesome! Finnegan had 100+ tackles, 3 INTs, and had a good year overall. I'd be shocked if we don't get a 3rd Round compensatory pick for him. And Hayes had a better year than I realized too (35 tackles and 7 sacks) so we should get a decent comp pick for him too. Maybe a 5th or 6th?
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
Awesome! Finnegan had 100+ tackles, 3 INTs, and had a good year overall. I'd be shocked if we don't get a 3rd Round compensatory pick for him. And Hayes had a better year than I realized too (35 tackles and 7 sacks) so we should get a decent comp pick for him too. Maybe a 5th or 6th?
Losing Finny and keeping Griff hurt, but I was a bit ticked we didn't retain Hayes. I thought we didn't play him near enough in 2011. He's a guy I would say was as good as Morgan against the run, but a bit weaker as a pass rusher (draft time analysis comparing him to Robert Mathis had it backwards). But with 7 sacks this year, maybe he improved.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Losing Finny and keeping Griff hurt, but I was a bit ticked we didn't retain Hayes. I thought we didn't play him near enough in 2011. He's a guy I would say was as good as Morgan against the run, but a bit weaker as a pass rusher (draft time analysis comparing him to Robert Mathis had it backwards). But with 7 sacks this year, maybe he improved.
Well...everyone knew that we weren't going to re-sign Finny after that stunt that he pulled the prior offseason. Plus, as good as he played last year, he wasn't worth the #1 CB type money that he wanted anymore. As far as Griffin goes, the team was sorta stuck between a rock and a hard place because there were literally zero good safeties available in free-agency (both Branch and Goldson got franchised, I think) and the rookie safety class that year looked weak too.

[All that said, as bad as Griffin has been, I think he'd be considerably better if (a.) he had a better safety next to him & (b.) he played only FS rather than FS/SS in Gray's defensive scheme.]
Old 01-29-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a good pass rush can go a long ways not just for Griff, but for the whole DB group that sometimes gets beat.

We really need to address our depth issue on the D-Line this offseason
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone that see's this is going to rep the Titans in the GM Mock I would love to help you with it if you'll have me
Old 01-30-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
If anyone that see's this is going to rep the Titans in the GM Mock I would love to help you with it if you'll have me
Alex and I could totally use a third. I may take a backseat to you two though, cause I'm always interested in how you guys differentiate from me on what the team should do!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

That'd be great. I don't want to step on any toes so if you decide you still want to do it please do.

Either way, I would love to consult on which direction the team goes.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:45 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Warmackzzzz to the Titans is such a lockzzzz" -Everyone on the draft forum
Old 02-02-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
"Warmackzzzz to the Titans is such a lockzzzz" -Everyone on the draft forum
yeah, i mean I get it - it's a classic fit of team need verses player value, but that doesn't mean it's a lock. It's still far from that, especially this early in the process.

Regardless of how good he is, I'm starting to get the opinion I don't want him at 10. If the Coaches and GM do, then I am fine with the selection, but with the value of G's, I think we could put that first to better use elsewhere and grab someone like Warford, Fluker, Jones in the 2nd if we wish to go there.

I'd be interested to see if we just address the need in FA. Cutting Amano would free up around 4m I think, so I think we could be in the market for Andy Levitre. He's only 26 and I see him getting somewhere between what Evan Mathis (5yr 25m) and Ben Grubbs signed (5yr 36m). With the right workings we could have a huge upgrade for less than $2m more. Levitre will likely hit the market as Jarius Byrd is a FA and the Bills are expected to place the franchise tag on him.

I think Velasco showed enough to me for a shot at Center next year with an upgrade at Guard, but someone who could play both is worth drafting if there's value
Old 02-02-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no doubting the need, but I think we wont break the trend of passing up on o-line in the first. Maybe if we needed a LT, but we don't. I think d-line is a broad, easy guess.

I'm Early in the process of checking these guys out, but honestly not getting blown away by anyone yet. Someone tell me what I am missing!!! lol
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
yeah, i mean I get it - it's a classic fit of team need verses player value, but that doesn't mean it's a lock. It's still far from that, especially this early in the process.

Regardless of how good he is, I'm starting to get the opinion I don't want him at 10. If the Coaches and GM do, then I am fine with the selection, but with the value of G's, I think we could put that first to better use elsewhere and grab someone like Warford, Fluker, Jones in the 2nd if we wish to go there.

I'd be interested to see if we just address the need in FA. Cutting Amano would free up around 4m I think, so I think we could be in the market for Andy Levitre. He's only 26 and I see him getting somewhere between what Evan Mathis (5yr 25m) and Ben Grubbs signed (5yr 36m). With the right workings we could have a huge upgrade for less than $2m more. Levitre will likely hit the market as Jarius Byrd is a FA and the Bills are expected to place the franchise tag on him.

I think Velasco showed enough to me for a shot at Center next year with an upgrade at Guard, but someone who could play both is worth drafting if there's value
As I've already said on this board, I'm a big fan of Warmack. I think he's totally worthy of the #10 pick and, barring some unforeseen injury, could very likely be a ten-year starter on our OL.

That said, I think a lot will depend on what happens in FA. If we manage to land someone like Andy Levitre (which would be fantastic!), then I think it's more likely that interior OL drops to the 3rd-5th round. (If that's the case, then we probably look at DL with that first pick.) We also have to see what happens with Hutchinson. If he doesn't retire, then I think it's unlikely that we cut him or bench him, and he'll be one of the OGs. Rregardless, I think Velasco's played well enough to return as a starter.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I think from a financial standpoint, it's evident to cut Amano either way. Hopefully, we use than and spend an extra $2M to get Levitre, allowing us way more flexibility in the draft.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been busy with moving onto a new campus this past week and a half but the more people on-board for the GM draft, the better. I don't know how frequently I'm going to post in the next few weeks so when sign-ups open, please write me down with the rest of you.

Why does TH have an orange name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because he is greater than all of our sums combined.

And he's a die-hard Vols fan, I think.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Because he is greater than all of our sums combined.

And he's a die-hard Vols fan, I think.
Pshh, that first part's just not true!

Truthfully, I have nude selfies of Shane. They're actually quite tasteful.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Titans mock draft I just did:

Titans receive 3rd for Cortland Finnegan, 5th for Jason Jones and 7th for William Hayes.
Dallas trades up to #10 to draft Ezekiel Ansah. Titans receive #18, #47.

1-18: SS Kenny Vacarro 6'1" 215 Texas
2-40: DE Cornelius Carradine 6'5" 264 Florida State
2-47: OG Larry Warford 6'3" 333 Kentucky
3-70: DT Sylvester Williams 6'3" 320 NC
3-95: RB LeVeon Bell 6'2" 244 Michigan State
4-106: OT Luke Marquardt 6'9" 322 Azusa Pacific
5-141: WR Chris Harper 6'1" 229 Kansas State
5-170: LB AJ Klein 6'2" 244 Iowa State
7-210: DE Cornelius Washington 6'4" 264 Georgia
7-248: CB Nigel Malone 5'9" 178 Kansas State
Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here a fewmocks I just threw together relatively quick, while doing some research I found many reporters are projecting us to get a 3rd for Finnegan, 5th for Jason Jones and 7th for William Hayes so I have factored those in. I use Cbs sports rankings, I allow up to 2 spots slide in the 1 round and as much as 10-20 spot slide in the 7th

MOCK A:
1) DT Star Lotulolei 6'4" 320 Utah
2) SS Matt Elam 5'10 202 Florida
3a) OG Larry Warford 6'3" 333 Kentucky
3b) DE Cornelius Carradine 6'4" 265 Florida State
4) C Khaled Holmes 6'3" 305 USC
5a) RB Mike Gillisslee 5'11" 207 Florida
5b) DE Meshak Williams 6'3" 245 Kansas State
7a) DE Cornelius Washington 6'4" 264 Georgia
7b) OT Tanner Hawkinson 6'5" 304 Kansas

Mock B
1) OG Chance Warmack 6'2" 322 Alabama(According to value won't be there, but for this sake he is)
2) RB Eddie Lacy 5'10" 220 Alabama
3a) DE Brandon Jenkins 6'3" 260 Florida State
3b) DT Brandon Williams 6'2" 341 Missouri Southern State
4) SS TJ McDonald 6'2" 211 USC
5a) WR Chris Harper 6'1" 234 Kansas State
5b) DE Devin Taylor 6'7" 275 South Carolina
7a) SS Cooper Taylor 6'4" 229 Richmond
7b) MLB Will Compton 6'2" 231 Nebraska

Lastly, I think 10 will be prime location for some OL talent like Chance Warmack, Eric Fisher, Lane Johnson etc to start thinking about coming off the board. Also QBs and the 2nd tier pass rushers will be drawing interest. Prime trade location. Predicting trades are hard, but here is a scenario where the Bears trade up for Eric Fisher. Using the trade value chart, the Titans get: #20, #50, +4th next year
Bears get: #10

1) DE Ezekiel Ansah 6'5" 274 BYU
2a) SS Matt Elam 5'10" 202 Florida / Eric Reid 6'2" 212 LSU
2b) G/C Barrett Jones 6'4" 305 Alabama
3a) CB David Amerson 6'2" 194 NC State
3b) OG Alvin Bailey 6'5" 315 Arkansas
4) RB Le'Veon Bell 6'1" 244 Michigan State
5a) MLB AJ Klein 6'1" 244 Iowa State
5b) DE Devin Taylor 6'7" 275 South Carolina
7a) DE Cornelius Washington 6'4" 263 Georgia
7b) OT Tanner Hawkinson 6'5" 304 Kansas

To me, if we trade back and can get good value I think it's the way to go.
i like all of these mocks, but I like the second mock and the trade with the bears

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Titans mock draft I just did:

Titans receive 3rd for Cortland Finnegan, 5th for Jason Jones and 7th for William Hayes.
Dallas trades up to #10 to draft Ezekiel Ansah. Titans receive #18, #47.

1-18: SS Kenny Vacarro 6'1" 215 Texas
2-40: DE Cornelius Carradine 6'5" 264 Florida State
2-47: OG Larry Warford 6'3" 333 Kentucky
3-70: DT Sylvester Williams 6'3" 320 NC
3-95: RB LeVeon Bell 6'2" 244 Michigan State
4-106: OT Luke Marquardt 6'9" 322 Azusa Pacific
5-141: WR Chris Harper 6'1" 229 Kansas State
5-170: LB AJ Klein 6'2" 244 Iowa State
7-210: DE Cornelius Washington 6'4" 264 Georgia
7-248: CB Nigel Malone 5'9" 178 Kansas State
Another good draft I would be very happy If the titans could get a trade like this on draft day

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Thanks, I really think the way to go is going to be to trade down and get another 2nd round pick. We just have so much depth I would like to add.

On a side note, does anyone think CJ would restructure his contact if we allocated the savings to bringing in a Guard or Center in FA? For example, we restructure CJ and save $2m so we go out and put that $2m plus another $3m and get Andy Levitre
Old 02-06-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

CJ has never been what I consider a team player, so I'm not sure. But in that same vein, he has always been prideful and selfish when it comes to his stats, so perhaps he'll be willing to sacrifice money for yards. He probably wouldn't be open to it if it were a position that didn't directly impact him, such as our need at DL and DB.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll be pretty good cap-wise. Don't we head into the offseason with close to 20 million in space? Hasselbeck should be asked to restructure his huge contract. Eugene Amano and his massive numbers will be cut.

I doubt CJ will restructure. He just got that contract and he bitched a long time to get it. And like TH said, he's never been a "team" guy necessarily.

Oh, and don't forget Lavelle Hawkins. I'm sure he'll be cut with that stupid contract he was given last year.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah it was just a thought, I don't think he's worth that amount of money, and he wouldn't get that if he hit the open market either.

Here's my list of guys to cut or restructure:

QB Matt Hasselbeck - restructure, cut if he won't
WR Lavelle Hawkins - cut
TE Craig Stevens - cut
OT Mike Otto - cut
C Eugene Amano - cut
S Jordan Babineaux - cut
Old 02-06-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah it was just a thought, I don't think he's worth that amount of money, and he wouldn't get that if he hit the open market either.

Here's my list of guys to cut or restructure:

QB Matt Hasselbeck - restructure, cut if he won't
WR Lavelle Hawkins - cut
TE Craig Stevens - cut
OT Mike Otto - cut
C Eugene Amano - cut
S Jordan Babineaux - cut
No way that Craig Stevens or Mike Otto get cut, in my opinion. Given all of the uncertainty surrounding Cook and the fact that Thompson is still learning the position, we won't go into the season without our most experienced TE. Plus, Stevens actually improved quite a bit this year and looks like a guy who can contribute when given a chance. Same goes for Otto. He's our best OT backup, and he's shown that he can fill in at both left-OT and right-OT if needed. Basically, we've already got lots of ??? on the OL without adding even more uncertainty.

I think Hasselbeck will definitely be with the team next year, and I think he'll restructure his deal. In fact, he's already mentioned his willingness to do just that, if it helps the team address other needs. Personally, while I like Hasselbeck because of his professionalism, I would prefer that we cut him. To me, it looked like he'd definitely lost something last year. He looked very old, and his arm looked very mediocre on many throws. Since we're in rebuilding mode, I'd rather us give Rusty Smith a shot to be the #2. (This will be Rusty's 4th year. We've got to figure out if he's our long-term backup or not; and he actually looked pretty good in the preseason last year.) Then I'd like for us to draft a developmental #3 QB with one of our late-round picks -- the type of player that we can keep if we see promise or otherwise cut bait with at the end of the preseason.

I think that Hawkins, Amano, and Babineaux could all get cut. In fact, I'd like to see them all cut because they're all making too much right now. But, for some reason, there's a voice in the back of my head that says all three could be back, unfortunately. We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by MicktheGreat : 02-06-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Amano isn't cut I will find Webster's house and **** on his pillow.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

According to my calculations:

QB Matt Hasselbeck - Saves $5.5m if cut
WR Lavelle Hawkins - Saves $1.23m
TE Craig Stevens - Saves $2.5m
OT Mike Otto - Saves $1.35
C Eugene Amano - Saves $3.935m
S Jordan Babineaux - Saves $1.6m

As for Otto, I'm pretty sure at almost $2 million this year he'll be one of the higher paid backup tackles in the NFL. I could be wrong, but seems like a lot to pay him. I'd rather draft someone like Brian Winters who can backup at Guard and Tackle.

Craig Stevens is trash IMO. Why we gave him that contract is beyond me. With that said, I'd rather get a more complete TE via free agency, let Thompson be our blocking TE and franchise Cook.