Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick85 View Post
I love the trade down for Buffalo but i hate the Barkley pick. He struggles to throw the deep ball and in Buffalo in the winter thats a huge downside. I feel like they would be drafting a younger version of Fitz. Switch that pick to Glennon and the 3rd rounder to Da'rick Rodgers and i would love this draft
I know. But...he's a great fit if Marrone stays with that offense. Bad weather games are more about running the ball and defense. As long as your QB makes good decisions and is accurate he'll do. I feel like Glennon is going to remain as inconsistent in the pros as he was in college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder View Post
If Mingo is on the board at #15, it makes little sense for the Saints to trade down.
Good point-working on that. Will Smith and Roman Harper carry sizable cap figures. I'd guess they might be released or restructured. Which is the more valuable player? Do you think they'll both be back?

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the second round is a little high for Sanders. Also don't like two WR's in the first four picks. They need to address OLB and DL in the first few rounds.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
sup. updated 1/27

RD.1

24 TRADE Buffalo Bills (IND) - Matt Barkley /QB/ USC:

10. Buffalo Bills Kevin Minter* /LB/ LSU:

12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Desmond Trufant /CB/Washington:
13. Carolina Panthers Quinton Patton /WR/ Louisiana Tech:
16. St Louis Rams Khassem Greene /OLB/ Rutgers:
20. Chicago Bears Zach Ertz* /TE/ Stanford:
27. Houston Texans DeAndre Hopkins* /WR/ Clemson:

9. Buffalo Bills Chris Harper /WR/ Kansas State:

17. Pittsburgh Steelers Sio Moore /LB/ UConn:
31. Baltimore Ravens - J.J. Wilcox /S/ Georgia Southern:

8. Buffalo Bills Brandon Jenkins* /DE-OLB/ FSU:
11. Carolina Panthers Baccari Rambo /S/ Georgia:
13. San Diego Chargers Andrew Jackson*/LB/Western Kentucky:
32. San Francisco 49ers Da'Rick Rogers* /WR/ Tenn. Tech:
Im warming up to the Barkley to the Bills idea, primarily because I think he could come in from day one and run the offense. Not my preference, but for the team it makes sense. Minter in the second makes sense, but I think the value is better else where. I have been really high on Hopkins for a while and remain that way still, having him as a top 20 value, and would take him or Greene at that spot, maybe even Trufant over Minter. In the 3rd having taken "Nuke" in the 2nd I would suspect Moore would be the pick at OLB, although I like Wilcox fit in respect to what Marrone has had at SS during his time at Syracuse, as well as G. Wilson declining and the Bills being interested in Barron last year. Jenkins in the 4th should he recover from his injury would be a good pick, especially if they run the hybrid defense, I liken Jackson to Bart Scott, so I could see that, Rambo would have time to develop as Wilson's career winds down, so depending on how the first three rounds play out, they all make sense.
Personnally I think a draft that went down like this; Barkley, Hopkins, Moore, Jackson/Rambo would be acceptable and make the most sense all things considered. Jackson if they plan on more 34 looks, Rambo if the idea is to run more 43 looks defensively.
I too would hope that they get more than just a 14' 1st to move back 16 spots, but a QB and a extra 14' 1st is nice.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
This is pretty much the worst scenario for the Chiefs I've ever seen in a mock. Instead of the best QB in the draft we end up with another top 5 DLineman and Nick Foles? Christ, I don't know if I could legitimately handle that as a Chiefs fan. It would be more of the same garbage we've done for three decades.

Just not a good Chiefs mock my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
What he said
Scratch that trade. Finally giving Geno his due, just not #1 overall dues.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trades are neat and I like Jarvis Jones as a prospect, but there's no way in hell the Colts would trade up that high to take a guy with spinal stenosis.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Trades are neat and I like Jarvis Jones as a prospect, but there's no way in hell the Colts would trade up that high to take a guy with spinal stenosis.
Well, of course no one knows to what degree the condition is. But some team is going to love him and risk a move. With the new cba, it's not as much of a make or break move.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the players the Colts got, but I'm not sure about trading up for Jones. But who knows what the FO is thinking. Nice mock.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:20 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ellington is an intriguing pick in the 4th. Te 2nd and 3rd round picks are hot sex.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't imagine the Patriots trading up for a slot receiver in a deep receiver class, especially because they only have four draft picks.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
maverick85
Rookie

maverick85 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Instead of Barkley give Buffalo Tyler Wilson in the 1st and Da'rick Rodgers in the 3rd
maverick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like your Cowboys picks, but I'd like to address our OL in the top 2 rounds though. I do love the Ball pick in round 3.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
causticon
Rookie

causticon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nice work, but....in 4 rounds, you don't have the Broncos addressing MLB or DT? The Broncos will not draft a TE in the first 4 rounds. They signed 2 last year to multiple year deals and TE production was good.
causticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can get on board with keenan allen in round 1

but nassib over ertz is INSANE, let alone fluker and montgomery being on the board still. Heath miller just had his best season under haley but blew out his knee, they need someone to compliment him and eventually replace him.

Fluker could step into LG right away

and in the third i would take brandon jenkins, margus hunt, montee ball over moore

gissellie over amerson is another crazy pick, the steelers need a FS and amerson is not a guy im crazy about as a CB but hes the perfect conversion guy. Got ball skills, is rangy, good speed, and can really hit.

Keenan Allen
Zach Ertz/DJ Fluker
Brandon Jenkins
David Amerson

would be a perfect draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by causticon View Post
Nice work, but....in 4 rounds, you don't have the Broncos addressing MLB or DT? The Broncos will not draft a TE in the first 4 rounds. They signed 2 last year to multiple year deals and TE production was good.
Thanks. good point. I think Reed is much more talented then Tamme but that's too much of a luxury pick. Edited it: 28. Denver Broncos - Bennie Logan* /DT/ LSU: side note- I loved Trevathan as a prospect last year and I won't be surprised if he earns a more prominent role this season-not necessarily starting MLB, at his size, but just much more playing time.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I can't imagine the Patriots trading up for a slot receiver in a deep receiver class, especially because they only have four draft picks.
You don't think Austin is a little more then just a slot WR? And that's why BB will trade Mallett. I find it hard to believe he drafted him to actually be Brady's successor-I think it was simply to turn it around for a future draft choice.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i can get on board with keenan allen in round 1

but nassib over ertz is INSANE, let alone fluker and montgomery being on the board still. Heath miller just had his best season under haley but blew out his knee, they need someone to compliment him and eventually replace him.

Fluker could step into LG right away

and in the third i would take brandon jenkins, margus hunt, montee ball over moore

gissellie over amerson is another crazy pick, the steelers need a FS and amerson is not a guy im crazy about as a CB but hes the perfect conversion guy. Got ball skills, is rangy, good speed, and can really hit.

Keenan Allen
Zach Ertz/DJ Fluker
Brandon Jenkins
David Amerson

would be a perfect draft
Allen's my favorite player in the draft. It pains me to mock him to the Steelers. You're right about Ertz-changed it to the Bears moving ahead to get him. I'm not convinced about Amerson yet. I need to see him at the combine and hear more analysts takes on him.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Im warming up to the Barkley to the Bills idea.
It doesn't seem redundant to you? I don't think he's physically much of an upgrade over Fitzpatrick.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers need way to much help on defense to have the luxury of taking a QB in the 2nd round to project as nothing more than a backup.

Sign a vet to be the backup. We need help at every level on the defense, one linebacker in the top 4 rounds isn't going to help fix that unit.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Bears draft. If they could get Johnson and Ertz, that would be amazing. But that would mean a team with 20 Free agents is only realistically adding 2 players thru the draft (traded 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th, and 6th round isn't very likely to make the team). It's just a poor use of resources. Especially when you've now traded 2 of the 7 picks in the 2014 draft, when they again have several FAs again next year as well.

At first I thought the trades were ridiculously in favor of the Bears, but looking at last year it's similar to what the Pats gave up to move up 6 picks in the 1st and what the Eagles gave up to move up 3 spots.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98

3 CBs to the Eagles... Are you stupid or something?
eliasrapp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think Kiko Alonso can play ILB in a 3-4 scheme?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliasrapp98 View Post
3 CBs to the Eagles... Are you stupid or something?
;/... but good catch. I saw that on the last update but haven't had time to fix it. Edited..
3. - 5. Philadelphia Eagles – John Jenkins /NT/ Georgia:

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 02-03-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Do you think Kiko Alonso can play ILB in a 3-4 scheme?
I think I like him better inside in an attacking 34 scheme then as a 43 MLB.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
the guys i would pick for the saints given the specific bigboard:

1(20): Kenny Vaccaro is flat out a higher rated prospect than Elam, im fine with either though.

3(13): John Jenkins as the saints need a NT more than anything else on the DLine.

4(12): David Amerson over Mathieu for sure, saints need corners with starting potential, have no use for a slot guy/special teams dude, enough of those but we have nobody who can play the outside, gamble on the guy with the higher upside

4(20): Chase Thomas would start instantly for the saints, not a clue why he is still on the board but i wouldnt even mind spending a third rounder on him. If you made a mistake and just forgot him you can slot him in with the third rounder and spend this pick on Brandon Williams
I'm also concerned that we waited until the 4th to address our front 7 in anyway shape or form.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote