Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-30-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are you getting thos ratins from Witten? PFF?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Where are you getting thos ratins from Witten? PFF?
yes sir, let me know if you need someone I'll go back and pull it for you.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So according to Walterfootball they sat in the vicinity of a Giants scout at the senior bowl who muttered to himself about Lane Johnson "That's my left tackle". Wouldn't exactly hold up as evidence in a court of law, but hey, I'm starved for info about what the Giants are thinking in this draft.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair, Im sure he's not the only scout who said that so I wouldn't put any weight into that. Johnson is gonna be in very high demand come draft day.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone we love will fall and we'll get a stud. With the depth in this draft we'll also getting a good trench guy in the second round.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeez I really need to scout a lot more pass rushers. This DE class is pretty loaded.

I gotta look at Mingo, Werner, the other FL ST dude, Hunt, Okafor, and some others.

This is a pretty loaded DE class.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Carradine a lot if we go OL in round one. He's not as freakky as Ansah, but he's long, strong, and of the Chandler Jones/Justin Tuck mold.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Depends on that knee. I want to see his explosion off the line too. The thing that worries me is Florida St is notorious for busts in the NFL.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Short in the first. Carradine in the 3rd or so.

boom. sex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
BBD, I value your opinion on guys, obviously, especially defenders. Take a look at Kawan Short, DT from Purdue. He's REALLY growing on me and I think could be a possibility for us
Short was sensational in the Senior Bowl but the book on him is that he only shows up when he feels like it and you cannot count on him game in and game out. Many games, he is nowhere to be found. Boom or Bust type all the way.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If Short has a hot/cold motor and only shows up when he has to, then I don't want him.

I think motor is the most important characteristic a DL must have, especially when we're talking DTs. It's why the bust rate is so high for DTs. The ones with hot/cold motors always underachieve in the pros.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. I'm with BBD. We've seen guys with average ability be successful with superb motors. I know it's hard to have an elite motor when you're 300+ pounds but it make a difference. It is important to make sure it's motor and not a guy being a tired, but that's a difficult distinction to make at times.

I can't speak to Short's motor though. Haven't seen him play at all. I'd like to see some film on him if they have it.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

How many years has Mingo been playing DE for? Why did he lack production? Does anyone know?

I look at his measurables and I'm curious why this guy didn't dominate this season. He's a realistic possibility at 19 but I want to know more about the guy.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Depends on that knee. I want to see his explosion off the line too. The thing that worries me is Florida St is notorious for busts in the NFL.
The knee's a concern and we'd have to check it out and feel good about it, but the knee's the only reason we might be able to get him with our second pick instead of having to use our first pick on him.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The knee's a concern and we'd have to check it out and feel good about it, but the knee's the only reason we might be able to get him with our second pick instead of having to use our first pick on him.
I like his length, but I don't like his explosion at all. He looks very slow coming off the LOS. I like his long arms, I like how he can bullrush and swim, but he's just too slow.

I'm not sure if he hurt his knee early in the year and that's why hes slow (when did he hurt his knee?), but he looks slow. Slow DEs with no explosion don't make it in the NFL.

Plus he's from Florida St. That program makes me nervous. Lots of busts out of Florida St.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mingo is from LSU not Florida State.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-01-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Mingo is from LSU not Florida State.
I'm aware of that. 2 separate posts. One was about Mingo, the other one above (where i talk about how slow Carradine is off the LOS) is about the Florida St guy.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can't attest fr Short's motor. something we gotta maybe look into
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How many years has Mingo been playing DE for? Why did he lack production? Does anyone know?

I look at his measurables and I'm curious why this guy didn't dominate this season. He's a realistic possibility at 19 but I want to know more about the guy.
Lot of time, it is the way LSU plays defense, they don't use an attacking style but depend on the overall excellence of their defense to dominate without having to attack. Last year, people questioned Brockers lack of stats and this is just another similar case. I look for both Mingo and Montgomery to be far better and more productive pros, than collegians.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'm aware of that. 2 separate posts. One was about Mingo, the other one above (where i talk about how slow Carradine is off the LOS) is about the Florida St guy.
Ohh got ya, sorry about that. I didn't follow apparently.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-01-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Bc I'm bored:

Basically, the guys I'm eying in the first round:

1. Ziggy Ansah
2. Lane Johnson
2. Chance Warmack
4. Dion Jordan
5. Desmond Trufant
6. Alec Oggletree
7. Mingo (possibly)
8. Best available DT

2nd Round:

1. Arthur Brown
2. Logan Ryan
3. Datone Jones
4. Khasim Greene
5. Cornelius Carradine
5. Warford
6. Kyle Long
7. Alex Okafor
8. Marcus Hunt

3rd Round:

1. Gerald Hodges
2. Zavier Gooden
3. Kevin Minter
4. Sylvester Williams
5. John Jenkins
6. Abry Jones
7. Cornellius Washington

I haven't scouted any DBs. I have yet to scout some of these DLmen. The LBs are scouted but not many games of each. I need more thorough work to be done.

This is a very limited list I made. I plan on looking at all of these guys in detail.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

so, yfs posted a new video of Arthur Brown. Good god, he's amazing. I wouldn't mind him round 1. he could play MLB for us, easy
Quote:
Old 02-01-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I've been on the Arthur Brown bandwagon for awhile now. I think he's a 2nd rounder as of right now but if his stock rises I wouldn't mind him in the 1st. Such a great form tackler.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Reminds me of young Demeco Ryans.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Scotty where is this video?