Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I see, hiding his weakness. I guess the Bronco's don't run the pistol with Peyton Manning as to not expose his weakness.

Really, your response reeks of denial. Harbaugh helped him to refine his skills, he didn't create his skills. You and a few others in this thread will say anything except admit you were wrong about Kaepernick.
Please show me where I said kap was going to fail.

I agree and even said he was coached to improve his accuracy did I deny that?

Yeah, I can see what you are getting at, but anyone who plays Qb has accuracy. from 0-100, everyone has some even tebow.

Yes the bronco's don't run the pistol with Manning as to not expose his weakness or lack of running ability.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No the bottom line is that people in this business are wrong a lot. Looking back and pointing each one out is an exercise with no end. There are things called draft busts and draft steals.

To call out the owner of this site for getting one wrong, that you called right is really more about you trying to attract the real attention on yourself isn't it? Isn't that the bottom line? So let's have a nice little harmless laugh at Scott's expense and throw our praises at you. Bravo man! You were definitely on point about Kaep, so Brrrrravo!!!
But I am not talking about all the ones he or anyone else has gotten wrong, I am talking about this one who he guaranteed couldn't play QB in the NFL. I am not sure why you are acting like your feelings are hurt. And why are you speaking for Scott in the first place? Is that part of your job as a mod? If you are, then tell he should be happy to know that I have talked up him and this site for years.

It's really not the big deal you are making it out to be, so you can let it go now. Sorry if I didn't give you the fight you were looking for.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But I am not talking about all the ones he or anyone else has gotten wrong, I am talking about this one who he guaranteed couldn't play QB in the NFL. I am not sure why you are acting like your feelings are hurt. And why are you speaking for Scott in the first place? Is that part of your job as a mod? If you are, then tell he should be happy to know that I have talked up him and this site for years.

It's really not the big deal you are making it out to be, so you can let it go now. Sorry if I didn't give you the fight you were looking for.
oooh ohhh, point out one where he hit the nail on the head.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Please show me where I said kap was going to fail.

I agree and even said he was coached to improve his accuracy did I deny that?

Yeah, I can see what you are getting at, but anyone who plays Qb has accuracy. from 0-100, everyone has some even tebow.

Yes the bronco's don't run the pistol with Manning as to not expose his weakness or lack of running ability.
Show me where I said YOU said he was going to fail. This post referenced Scott, not you. You jumped in (which is fine) and talking about Harbaugh being responsible for improving his accuracy, as if that justifies Scott's comment.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I see, hiding his weakness. I guess the Bronco's don't run the pistol with Peyton Manning as to not expose his weakness.

Really, your response reeks of denial. Harbaugh helped him to refine his skills, he didn't create his skills. You and a few others in this thread will say anything except admit you were wrong about Kaepernick.
Quote:
Show me where I said YOU said he was going to fail. This post referenced Scott, not you. You jumped in (which is fine) and talking about Harbaugh being responsible for improving his accuracy, as if that justifies Scott's comment.
Ughh does that help?

I'm not trying to justify scott. I believe he was wrong, but it took a hell of a coaching job to get Kap here. Would it be possible with the Jets?
Old 01-28-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Ughh does that help?

I'm not trying to justify scott. I believe he was wrong, but it took a hell of a coaching job to get Kap here. Would it be possible with the Jets?
Not really being that the quote you referenced didn't say you said he would fail. Also, "some of you" doesn't necessarily include you.

Would it be possible that he could play QB with another team including the Jets? Of course. He'd take Sanchez's job with little problem. If he could do it, he could always do it. If he couldn't, he would never be able to do it.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 01-28-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To weigh in on this debate, I must say that I think Kaepernick clearly had all the tools to succeed in college. He is in a fortunate situation in SF, just as RG3 is in Washington and Aaron Rodgers is in GB, but he did have the ability to make all the throws he makes now when he was in college. Just like now, in college Kaepernick struggle with his accuracy and touch on downfield throws, has a slightly elongated release (although it is not nearly as bad as people pretend it is; it isn't the weakness the way Nick Foles' or Tim Tebow's are), which he makes up for partially with outstanding zip on his throws and quick feet, and had good accuracy on short and intermediate throws. He has a tendency to stare down receivers, although he has looked better going through his progressions in the NFL, and excels at throwing on the run.

I don't mean to say he looks absolutely identical in the NFL to how he looked in college. Kaepernick is clearly more patient in the pocket with the 49ers and has looked a more consistent in his decision-making, possibly due to his supporting cast. That said, I think Kaepernick could have had success in other situations as well. Certainly he wouldn't be as effective on other teams, but no QB would. The 49ers are lucky that they got a QB whose abilities match up well with the rest of their offense; Kaepernick's running ability is a major asset to SF's already strong running game, and his skill set matches up well with SF's WCO passing game.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I've always said, it's impossible for one person to see every rep for every player at the Senior Bowl. I actually remember the Kaepernick situation vividly and it seemed to just be one of those cases where he struggled while I happened to be watching. Now others who I respect were definitely raving up Kaepernick during the week but I can only report what I see. I could have gone the easy route and parroted what others were saying, but that's not the way I do things.

In all honesty I'm still skeptical of whether or not Kaepernick can keep this up and I'll be interested to see how he fares next season after defenses have had a full offseason to try and figure him out. You also can't underestimate the fact that Kaepernick went to one of the top teams in the league with a lot of talent on both sides of the ball as well as perhaps the games best quarterback coach. Kaepernick was also afforded a season and a half to learn rather than being forced into the starting job before he was ready. Would Kaepernick have been as successful if he landed with Jacksonville or Oakland? If nothing else it's an interesting debate.

Regardless I and most others certainly underestimated Kaepernick. There was never any denying Kaepernick's sheer physical gifts and potential but that was a time when a team wouldn't dare do something so bold as build their entire offense around his unique skill set. However, I've said on more than one occasion that if Kaepernick were in this draft he would probably be the #1 overall pick since we've now seen guys like him have some success in the NFL. The game is constantly evolving and I think the Kaepernick situation provides a perfect example of how much has changed in just the last couple of years alone. Will Chip Kelly take it to the next level?

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 02-02-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
As I've always said, it's impossible for one person to see every rep for every player at the Senior Bowl. I actually remember the Kaepernick situation vividly and it seemed to just be one of those cases where he struggled while I happened to be watching. Now others who I respect were definitely raving up Kaepernick during the week but I can only report what I see. I could have gone the easy route and parroted what others were saying, but that's not the way I do things.

In all honesty I'm still skeptical of whether or not Kaepernick can keep this up and I'll be interested to see how he fares next season after defenses have had a full offseason to try and figure him out. You also can't underestimate the fact that Kaepernick went to one of the top teams in the league with a lot of talent on both sides of the ball as well as perhaps the games best quarterback coach. Kaepernick was also afforded a season and a half to learn rather than being forced into the starting job before he was ready. Would Kaepernick have been as successful if he landed with Jacksonville or Oakland? If nothing else it's an interesting debate.

Regardless I and most others certainly underestimated Kaepernick. There was never any denying Kaepernick's sheer physical gifts and potential but that was a time when a team wouldn't dare do something so bold as build their entire offense around his unique skill set. However, I've said on more than one occasion that if Kaepernick were in this draft he would probably be the #1 overall pick since we've now seen guys like him have some success in the NFL. The game is constantly evolving and I think the Kaepernick situation provides a perfect example of how much has changed in just the last couple of years alone. Will Chip Kelly take it to the next level?
It's all good and thanks for the response. You know, this is a perfect example of something not happening because it hasn't happened in the past......until it happens for the first time. Kaepernick wouldn't be as big a success under far poorer circumstances, but he would be able to have a career as a QB. You're still the best my friend!