Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 49ers Gameday Thread: SUPER BOWL XLVII EDITION

OK guys. I'm sorry I dropped the ball on the GDT. My bad. No excuses. I didn't do it.

So, to save this abomination of a GDT, I think we should do a collaborative GDT. It would be awesome to see some of your creative thoughts added to my totally amazing ones. Just think of a matchup, joke, whatever and put it to pictures. If it goes well, I'll merge them all together to make a real GDT.

I'll post what I had done so far (not much) to start it off. Let's see what you got.

SUPER BOWL XLVII: BALTIMORE RAVENS VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Baltimore Ravens
Vs.
San Francisco 49ers

Time: Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 3:30 pm pst
Line: SF -3.5
Announcers(FOX): Jim Nance, Phil Simms, Steve Tasker and Solomon Wilcots

The Super Bowl. I love taking a minute to just revel in it. Just chill out and bust out the Andy Dufresne face. Itís so nice.

Itís so damn difficult to get there. You just gotta sit back and enjoy it. And also stay out of the NFL Forum.
[img]http://files.sharenator.com/holy_****_awesome_2-s550x440-158432.jpg[/img]

Disclaimer** I was thinking about how to approach this thread, and I just really donít want to break this game down too much. Itís been done to death already. So, I figure this thread should contain a great deal of thoughts on the 2012 season and a shitt ton of love for past glory. I mean, 5-0 in Super Bowl history? Respekt.

Remember this:

And this:

**** yea, definitely this:

And what the hell, this and this:

The 2012 49ers: Just a crazy season. We knew they were capable of getting to the Super Bowl. They had the talent, the coaching, the newly acquired postseason experience. They had a lot of mojo going into the season. But Ö that schedule. My God. That schedule kept me up nights. Honestly, did you really think theyíd win this game:

Or win here:

Or here:

Of course, I didnít expect this:

Or this:

This again:

But really, this season is about this:

Balls. Also known as:

Stones. Which, amazingly, is somehow synonymous with

Nuts.

Yes, Jim, you have massive, gigantic, eye-shattering balls. And stones. And nuts. Making the move to CK was ******* brilliant. Sorry Alex. Jim was right.

Special Note:

I donít know about you, but Iím hard.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good thread Borat.

I told everyone to back Harbaugh's decision when he switched to Kaepernick but everyone here bashed me and still wanted Smith. I have backed Kaepernick since he started the Bears and as everyone here should know, I wanted him to start that game and not look back. 9 games into his career as our starting franchise QB, his worse game was against the Seahawks and that wasnt even bad all things considered. He crushed the Packers and sent their ass packing back to Green Bay. His ability to run the ball has made him a huge weapon and threat that unlike with Smith, opposing defense's have to plan for and because of that, Gore and James ran us to the Super Bowl.

Now, in his tenth game as a starter, Kaepernick is following in the footsteps of Brady/Montana/Young and not if but when we win tomorrow, its going to be the start of a new dynasty and a new era in the NFL. All the "favorites" like Manning, Brady, etc. are done. They had their time. Now is our time and Kaepernick's time and Harbaugh's time.

Cant wait for the game. 49ers FTW!!!

Once the 49ers win their 6th Super Bowl, they will be the best franchise in the NFL yet again. Yeah yeah, Steelers have 6th Super Bowl Championships too but they'll be second best because you cant be better than a team that's undefeated in the Super Bowl. After all, being undefeated is perfection and no team can or ever will match us.

**** YEAH!!!!!

Ravens 17
49ers 28

Kaepernick: 18/22, 265, 2 TD, 0 INT, 0 sacks, 0 fumb
Gore: over 100 yards and a TD.
Defensive TD will get us the lead and Kap's second TD pass will put the game away and make Kaepernick Super Bowl MVP!!!

:) :) :)
Old 02-02-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my mind Kaep worst game was the second one against the Rams. Besides from that i still think we could have gone to the Superbowl with Alex Smith but am happy to see Kaep do so good while there still is a lot he has to learn.

Aside from that i really hope we can come out of the gates blazing and be the only team that has been in multiple Superbowls without losing.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MILF alert at Super Bowl week.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One more day fellas and the Super bowl is here!Can't wait to watch the game eating pizza and wings and getting drunk hopefully. Gonna be a hell of a show. I just hope we have no turn overs and Akers doesn't kick any thing over 30 yards tomorrow.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am already drinking. To calm my nerves, of course.

EDIT: I bought a lot of Steam Anchor to drink tomorrow.

EDIT2: I am going to be a mess if the Niners lose.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 02-02-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the 49ers get decent to good pressure on Flacco I think this game is in the bag. Unless we keep turning the ball over. If we don't turn the ball over and we don't get pressure on Flacco, I think we'll lose. I don't see our offense being that great against the Ravens defense. A lot of people are predicting a game in the 20's, but this could be a game that plays out a little closer to the vest like a couple of years back. Wouldn't be surprised.

By the way I hope our secondary plays better than they have in recent weeks. They haven't looked that impressive. And we haven't faced a good defense since Seattle. We all know how that went.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's here,It's here finally Super bowl Sunday people!!! It is time to party it up and start drinking and watching the pre game show and what not. go 49ers!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.

Bloody Mary. Full of vodka. Blessed art thou among cocktails. Pray for me and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
Amen.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I am already drinking. To calm my nerves, of course.

EDIT: I bought a lot of Steam Anchor to drink tomorrow.

EDIT2: I am going to be a mess if the Niners lose.
Whether you end up drinking with joy, or with sorrow, you should have already planned ahead and scheduled a sub.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
Old 02-03-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I hope guys all enjoy the game. San Francisco is poppin here. Let's go get a win everyone.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully it will be a tale of two halves, fellas. See ya after the game. Go Niners!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

This team ******* sucks. If they were going to pull this **** I would have rather had Atlanta go.

All week it was Moss talking, Culliver talking, or players being seen at strip clubs. Then you got the Debartolos and Whitner talking dynasty and ****. And they can't even show up for the big game. What a bunch of losers.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on, Ness. This game ain't over yet. 3 and out to begin the 2nd half. Get a score of our own. Suddenly, it's a 21-13 game. Gotta believe man.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at last week all is still possible but it really was a bad half of football from the Niners.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Come on, Ness. This game ain't over yet. 3 and out to begin the 2nd half. Get a score of our own. Suddenly, it's a 21-13 game. Gotta believe man.
28-6. You were saying?

Quote:
Old 02-03-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Well, at least the 49ers showed up in the third quarter and beyond. Too bad it all crumbled near the redzone, which has been an issue the last two years with our offense of course. That delay of game screws us over and forced us to take a time out.

This franchise is now 5-1 in Super Bowls. Whooo....

Wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 18+ years. When you get here, you need to WIN the game.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, that was a crappy game.

Harbaugh SHOULDNT have called that timeout. Should have taken the delay of game. Save the timeout and have more room to pass. Dont score and having two timeouts would obviously have given us some time to at least attempt a FG. Agree in regards to Moss and Culliver. Players at strip clubs? Jesus Christ. Well, that explains it. Too damn immature. Oh well, whatever.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 18+ years.
I would be. Kaep will only get better. The O-line is still young outside of C. Crabs and Davis are in their primes. I think we should add some defensive pieces in the upcoming draft. Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. I don't see why we shouldn't be contenders for the title for the foreseeable future.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Kaepernick's arm and legs and he played great for the most part but the way the team has played as a whole the past two games has just been disconcerting to me.

This fall behind three scores and then mount a furious comeback style is not the way to play. It is great to know that your team can do it every once in a while but it is not a good thing to have to do every week. It puts too much pressure on the defense to play lights-out in the second half. Against the Falcons it worked, the defense held them to nothing in the second half. Tonight it didn't. The defense held them to only six points but that return TD was a backbreaker.

The offense needs to work on coming out stronger so they don't have to make epic comebacks. It is much better to jump out to a big lead and coast the rest of the way, even if your stats don't end up looking good, than it is to have to comeback from a big deficit every week and have great stats doing it.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where to start, in the end I cant believe we didn't win but then again I'm not sure how we got back into it. Horrible loss because we just didn't play the 9ers way & all 3 facets of the game sucked at some point. Cant help but think of the missed opportunity & its still raw but I man we flat out sucked for 2 Qtrs & 11 seconds. Too many mistakes to over come - LMJ fumble, Kaep INT, missed sacks on Flacco, missed tackles on D to stop drives & then that ******* kick off return for TD. Top that off with calls not going our way & a horrible set of 4 downs on the goal line & we didn't deserve to win. Damn disappointing

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I would be. Kaep will only get better. The O-line is still young outside of C. Crabs and Davis are in their primes. I think we should add some defensive pieces in the upcoming draft. Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. I don't see why we shouldn't be contenders for the title for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, but I keeping thinking about other squads that had "runs". The 1990's Bills. The early 2000 Titans. The late 90's Jaguars. They just never got back or never got there in the first place.

The one glimmer of hope is that have a nice front office, staff, whatever. But right now...this feels really bad. I can't even sleep.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are in the best shape in the NFC going forward.
It's you and then Seattle, Atlanta, Washington, and the Packers. In that order IMO, Giants next as they're an every-other year team.

Which of your studs contracts are up now or next year? That's what stops runs in today's NFL.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live in a world where the Giants win Championships and the 49ers suffer heart breaking losses. This is uncharted territory for me.

Silver lining is Kaepernick's play. Stepped up big time in the 2nd half and it was exciting to watch his growth this postseason run.

Now I have to find a HOF patch to cover up the Super Bowl patch on my Kap jersey. I'm happy I have a fridge full of beer right now.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HAAAAAAATEEEEEEE our red-zone offense. Now the pistol is one thing, but we are in shotgun way too much inside the 10 yard line. It reeks of Martz when he was here. The defense has the advantage when they know the pass is coming. We had 3 straight plays in the shotgun to win the game, inside the 10 and I knew it wasn't going to work.It didn't work all night. They should have learned they're lesson from the 2 point conversion. Every big down, they woukd bring the blitz, yet you don't call anything to offset it. No rub routes, no screens....NOT ONE FREAKIN PLAY-ACTION OUT OF A I-FORMATION OR A POWER LOOK! We should have ran 4 straight downs if we had to and made them burn all their timeouts. I'm just disguested with Jimbaugh and Roman right now. We should have brough out our best run designed plays and let the chips fall where they may. I just don't understand it. I don't care about the PI, the route design to offset the blitz wasn't there all night. How do you not know the blitz was coming? How do you not adjust in the red-zone ALL ****** night? Outside of CK's TD run, we couldn't do **** inside the 20. Roman and Jimbaugh are to blame.

As mad as I am, I not as upset as I would have been if we had contiuned to look like we were sleepwalking. I almost turned the game off after the kickoff return. That was actually the worst game we played all year. We got flat out beat by Seattle. But that was the worst we've played all year. I was afraid that maybe the big stage of the SB would get these guys too pumped up and they would play wit emotion instead of being sound and detail-oriented and that's excatly how we looked in the first half. Undiscplined and too emotional. Defense missed more tackles than I EVER recall seeing from this group since Fangio has been here. Blown assignments, guys playing undisciplined, and just flat out letting the moment get to them. I just couldn't believe what I was watching. And it continued into the second half. IMO, the defense lost the game. I know the offesne got behind but they did their part and at least came back to make it close. But the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs, pass-rush was a step late all night, and they played undiscplined all night and missed A TON of tackles. Point blank, outside of maybe 3 drives, they got out-scehmed and out played. Some changes need to be made. You can't just line up, mano el mano, and expect win one-on-one battles every week. It would be nice to see us out-scheme ppl sometimes and bring some extoic looks and packages when offenses have us on our heels and we aren't winning those match-ups. Instead we just sit back looking shocked with no plan B and hope we can stop the bleeding.

Just tough ******* loss man, I'm rambling, ****. **** jus ****** sucks. I said we had to start fast. If we got behind, I didn't think this defense would let us back in the game. Well CK kinda imposed his will, but he also left alot plays on the field in critical situations. But he is the last of my worries...he will be better. The rest of the league needs to worry. We just dug ourselves too deep a hole, against a tough physical D. But our red-zone play-calling, especially inside the 10 tonight just was not up to par. DITCH THE ****** SHOTGUN INSIDE THE 10!!!. I can't say it enough. If its not the pistol, its only limiting the offense. We have too much diversity in our run game, and can play-action off of that, for us to constantly get into these one dimensional spread looks, which we obviously can't execute when the field is compressed. Adjustments should have been made and they weren't. UGHHH.....I need to break something.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-03-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Closed Thread