Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-04-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as the Panthers' first round picks go, I had come around to wanting the guy we picked every year except for with Cam Newton. I hated Cam Newton coming into the pros, and saw no future with him. I wanted Andrew Luck, but he went back to school, so I would have preferred some sort of trading back and getting someone like A.J. Green or Marcell Dareus, and then begin a suck for Luck campaign, which wouldn't have been too hard with Clausen as our starter.

The only other one I can remember off of the top of my head was wanting Sidney Rice instead of Dwayne Jarrett. Sadly Rice went the pick right in front of us. I also wanted Alshon Jeffery last year.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I know, right? Seems like no one ever liked a huge bust!
lol i got sick to my stomach at the thought of revis going to the steelers and i probably would have taken michael oher #1 overall his year

i wanted kentwaan balmer pretty bad back in the day

i wanted sinorice moss, we got holmes but i didnt think there was any way in hell he'd be there when they picked him

i was DYING for either limas sweed or quentin groves when they were both on the board after the redskins traded up to take malcolm kelly and then the jags took groves i KNEW sweed was gonna be a steeler

i wanted daniel sepulveda so bad, he was incredible but his ligaments were severely ****** up
Old 02-04-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2006 Reggie Bush (Reggie Bush)
2007 Dwayne Bowe (Robert Meachem)
2008 Cant remember (Sedrick Ellis)
2009 Brian Cushing (Malcolm Jenkins)
2010 Jerry Hughes (Patrick Robinson)
2011 Cameron Heyward (Cam Jordan, Mark Ingram)
2012 Anyone (NO ONE)

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't remember the exact years but I wanted Fitzgerald over Gallery, although I was OK with Gallery. I wanted Megatron over ******* JaMarcus, even rocked a sig with CJ in a Raiders uni. I then wanted Cutler over Huff.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fun thread. Harder to remember the further back you get, but I think I'm remembering these correctly...

In 2012, I wanted Justin Blackmon. The Rams missed on him by one pick and traded down twice and, with those picks, drafted Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, and Isaiah Pead. A decent haul so far, though I was hesitant about adding Jenkins due to his background.

In 2011, I wanted Julio Jones but thought a defensive end was the best pick with both receivers off the board. I thought it would be Aldon Smith, but it ended up being Robert Quinn, whom I was excited about. I got on board with the Lance Kendricks pick in the second round, but he wouldn't have been my choice w/ some of the lineman still available.

In 2010, I wanted Ndamukong Suh mostly because of how great he was as a prospect and Bradford's shoulder injury scared me. The Rams drafted Sam Bradford, and he's shown enough for me to believe he can be a Flacco-like QB with better talent around him. I don't recall Saffold being my first choice in the second round but I liked the pick when it was made.

In 2009, I wanted Eugene Monroe because I viewed him as having the higher floor than Jason Smith with still a very good ceiling as a pro, but the Rams drafted Jason Smith and he's since busted out. I loved Laurinaitis in Round Two and defended the Rams to other team fans when they took him over Maualuga.

In 2008, I wanted Chris Long and the Rams drafted him. So, yay me! I got on board with the Avery pick in Round Two, though I probably would have preferred Devin Thomas or James Hardy.

In 2007, gosh we're getting back there, I don't recall if I was gung-ho about a specific prospect. I did like Landry, Timmons, and Harrell but was fine with Carriker. I did not want Ted Ginn, who was mocked to the Rams by some. I was not a fan of the Brian Leonard pick in the second round; I would have preferred Ryan Kalil or Victor Abiamiri.

In 2006, I was a huge Michael Huff fan but that wasn't realistic for when the Rams were picking. The Rams took Tye Hill, which I was okay with at the time IIRC. I loved the Joe Flopfenstein (yes, intentional misspelling) pick in the second round, though.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Dallas.

2004: Steven Jackson (Trade down for an additional first+Julius Jones). I remember thinking regardless of value Steven Jackson was the ideal back that we desperately needed. Turned the TV off and had to cool off.

2005: DeMarcus Ware (DeMarcus Ware). Went back and forward between Ware and Erasmus James during the offseason but was solidly Ware. Good thing given how James ended up.

2006: We picked Bobby Carpenter which I had very little issue with given that Greenway was off the board. I would of taken Greenway over Carpenter 10 out of 10 though. This draft I remember being pissed as we passed over OTs in order to draft the likes of Anthony Fasano, Skyler Green, etc. The Fasano pick had me fuming.

2007: Don't remember my reaction to Spencer but we needed someone across from Ware as Ellis was becoming injury prone. In the fourth round though Isaiah Stanback was atrocious though.

2008: At 22 I was screaming for Michael Jenkins and we selected Felix Jones (we did take Jenkins 3 picks later so I was better at that stage). I was sold on the Felix Jones pick as I was naive in thinking Marion "The Barbarian" would run like that forever.

2009: FU! FU! FU! Just for making me think about this year. The dreaded Roy Williams draft. I remember being really happy watching Max Unger falling and then Seattle snatching him. We traded down about 400 times to acquire more picks which we selected mostly "special teams" guys since we were so deep talent-wise. I hated this draft. :(

2010: Dez Bryant (Dez Bryant). Loved the pick and was honestly gutted when Denver was on the clock at 22 and looked to take Dez.

2011: Tyron Smith (Tyron Smith). I was ecstatic with this pick. After being told we don't spend high picks on offensive lineman we went out and grabbed the best one in the draft.

2012: We traded up here and nabbing Claiborne was a coup for the value in the trade. I LOVED DeCastro and honestly thought we he was going to be drafted in the 8-12 range. Hindsight it seems silly given that I rate Warmack as a better prospect but I was all-aboard the DeCastro train.

I think SJax would of had an amazing career in Dallas and I think a harder focus on the offensive line from 2006 until 2010 might of lessened the cliff Dallas fell off performance wise.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2005: Wanted Ronnie Brown, Got Ronnie Brown
2006: Wanted Manny Lawson, Got Jason Allen
2007: Wanted Leon Hall, Got Ted Ginn Jr (**** me)
2008: Wanted Chris Long, Got Jake Long
2009: Wanted Vontae Davis, Got Vontae Davis
2010: Wanted Sergio Kindle, Got Jared Odrick
2011: Wanted No One, Got Mike Pouncey
2012: Wanted Ryan Tannehill, Got Ryan Tannehill

The Ted Ginn year I wanted Quinn when he started falling, but I wanted Leon Hall throughout that process. I liked Jake but Chris was one of my favorite prospects ever and I really wanted him as an OLB here. In 2011 I really didn't want anyone at our spot and it was fairly obvious we were going to take Pouncey. Tanny was another obvious pick so it was hard to pick who I wanted since it was obvious he was gonna be the pick.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys I wanted where the value seemed really good were :

Charles Johnson
Greg Hardy
Arian Foster
Geno Atkins

That's what I remember off the top of my head, but I don't want to recall the stinkers lol.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas Cowboys:

1998: I wanted Randy Moss when he was gifted to them by falling that far and they went with Greg Ellis. Ellis wasn't awful, but not a HOF caliber player either.

1999: Really liked Antoine Winfield, Dallas went with Ebenezer Ekuban.

2002: I liked Roy Williams over Ed Reed, unfortunately the Cowboys did too.

2003: I wanted Dallas to take Terrell Suggs over Terrence Newman.

2008: I wanted Dallas to take Chris Johnson over Felix Jones.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just the first rounders. I assume we're talking about as the pick was happening, and not during the draft process.

Jets

2006 - Jay Cutler/Matt Leinart & DeMeco Ryans
2007 - Darrelle Revis
2008 - Vernon Gholston/Leodis McKelvin & Kenny Phillips
2009 - Mark Sanchez/Hakeem Nicks
2010 - Jahvid Best
2011 - Cam Heyward
2012 - Dont'a Hightower/Stephen Hill
Old 02-04-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Everyone is so smart!
Not me.

2012: Wanted Nick Perry, got Nick Perry
2011: Wanted Da'Quan Bowers, got Derek Sherrod
2010: Wanted Bryan Bulaga, got Bryan Bulaga (originally wanted Dez Bryant, but Bulaga was a no-brainer).
2009: Wanted Michael Crabtree, got BJ Raji
2008: Wanted James Hardy, got Jordy Nelson
2007: Wanted Robert Meachem, got Justin Harrell
2006: Wanted Michael Huff, got AJ Hawk
2005: Wanted Marlin Jackson, got Aaron Rodgers
2004: Wanted Jason Babin, got Ahmad Carroll
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who i wanted/(who we got)

2009: Rey Maualuga/(Larry English) (Also REALLY wanted TJ Lang/Lawrence Sidbury)
2010: Terrance Cody and Ben Tate/(Ryan Mathews...)
2011: Muhammad Wilkerson and Justin Houston or Martez Wilson as a Rush LB/(Corey Liuget and Jonas Mouton) (also wanted DeMarco Murray BAD in the 3rd round)
2012: Nick Perry/(Melvin Ingram) (Was a huge fan of Bruce Irvin as well)
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2004 Stephen Jackson- I felt Jackson would be long gone before the boys were on the clock. Instead I focused on Vince Wilfork and Kevin Jones but was so hyped when Jax slid down. Perfect fit and grew up a cowboys fan, Parcells traded down in favor of Julius Jones. I literally threw a fit.

2005 Shawne Merriman- I was soooo intruiged by the athletic prowlice of the freakshow. He was younger then Ware and came from a prime program opposed to making the leap from Troy. We all know how that turned out.

2006 Antonio Cromartie- At FS Cro actually showed toughness and would lay some lumber. I thought he was the second coming of Ronnie Lott. While he has ball skills he really hasn't lived up to level I thought he would be. He has lapse in coverage and alligator arms ball carriers.

2007 Reggie Nelson- Same hole that hasn't been filled in 10 years. I felt Nelson was the perfect fit for deep coverage and could make QBs pay for bad decisions.

2008 Ray Rice- As a RU fan I was on the bandwagon to get Ray Drafted in the first round. I though a pairing between himself and MBIII would be one of the most physical in the league.

2009- no need to comment. Worst draft in league history, and for the record I like Boldin over Roy Williams for a WR trade.

2010 Earl Thomas- same story thought he elite in deep coverage, I thought he would fall further then he did due to his size.

2011- JJ Watt- his measurable we off the chart and he was a great fit a 5-tech.

2012-Dontari Poe- Once again my infatuation with +athleticism and work ethic made me fall in love even without great production. I still feel he will develop into a great 1/0 tech if developed correctly.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2003 is really when I started following the draft since the Bengals had the 1st overall pick.

2003- Wanted Carson Palmer- Got Carson Palmer
2004- Wanted Chris Gamble- Got Chris Perry
2005- Wanted Thomas Davis- Got David Pollack
2006- Wanted Tye Hill- Got Jonathan Joseph
2007- Wanted Ted Ginn, Darrelle Revis, or Leon Hall- Got Leon Hall
2008- Wanted Sedrick Ellis- Got Keith Rivers
2009- Wanted Eugene Monroe or Michael Crabtree- Got Andre Smith
2010- Wanted Dez Bryant- Got Jermaine Gresham
2011- Wanted AJ Green- Got AJ Green
2012- Wanted David DeCastro and Doug Martin- Got Dre Kirkpatrick and Kevin Zeitler

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta.

2006: Wanted Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech., until we traded for John Abraham. We ended up getting Williams in round two. Williams was going to be a top ten pick had he come out as a junior but he stayed another year at VT turned out to be extremely lazy once he got paid. Ugh... Double loss for me. Also liked Deuce Latui, DeAngelo Williams, and Joseph Addai. Yeah, boy. That draft class was hella packed though.

2007: We got Jamaal Anderson. I wanted Adrian Peterson or LaRon Landry... they went the two picks prior. Was still satisfied with Anderson and LOVED the draft with us grabbing Chris Houston and Justin Blalock in round two. The two Arkansas players, Anderson and Houston, were abortions, especially Anderson. Also liked Victor Abiamiri and Ikaika Alama-Francis. Samson Satele. Jason Hill from Washington State. We also picked up Stephen Nicholas, Laurent Robinson, Trey Lewis, and Jason Snelling though who all turned out to be decent players. Blalock is still starting for us. So not a bad draft, could have been better though.

2008: Got Matt Ryan. Obviously worked out well though. However, until right before the draft I hated him as a prospect and wanted either McFadden or Dorsey. Still think Dorsey would have been a beast in a 4-3 but obviously we made the right pick. Sam Baker and Curtis Lofton were both sweet picks at the time also and I wanted them when we were on the clock. Baker has been a decent starter at LT, looked great as a rookie. Lofton was awesome and we missed him this past season. Chevis Jackson... wow. Completely forgot about him. I liked the Harry Douglas and DeCoud picks, they have done very well for us considering draft position. Biermann in round five starts for us. So six essential starters. Hell of a draft, no?

2009: Peria Jerry... hated it from the get go and he is a bust. I liked Louis Delmas. Alphonso Smith. Patrick Chung. Everette Brown. Darcel McBath. I liked the William Moore pick and he's turned into a stud.

2010: Weatherspoon. Was okay with it if I recall. Wanted Sergio Kindle or Jerry Hughes. Jason Worilds.

2011: Julio! Cool with it.

2012: Peter Konz. Cool with it. Wanted Vinnie Curry or Kenechi Osemele.

So... mostly missed on my part. However, I've wanted defensive end forever now and it's damn sure our worst position other than the boss known as John Abraham. Who is 35.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2012 - Bruce Irvin. There was really no one I was dying to get this draft, at that slot, but I had mocked Russell Wilson to us multiple times in the mid rounds. No idea he was going to be this good, but I was pretty friggin' excited when they picked him. Also really wanted Mychal Kendricks, but he went off the board right before our second round pick and we got Bobby Wagner, which has turned out just fine.

2011 - James Carpenter. I really wanted Cameron Jordan, but he went off the board the pick before us, which made me wail. Seeing us reach for an offensive guard with our next pick made me turn off the tv and I went and smoldered for a couple picks before pulling up the tracker again while I did my homework.

2010 - Russell Okung, Earl Thomas. Honestly, these were the two guys I wanted with our first round picks. Then we got Golden Tate in the second round and I was ecstatic. When the Redskins picked Trent Williams I was fist-pumping like a crazy person because I knew we'd get Okung and I liked him better. Then we picked Earl, which I liked but wasn't quite as excited about (he's exceeded my expectations just a little bit), and then when we took Golden Tate in the second I was really excited again, because there were quite a lot of people who thought he could go in the first round. I'd been a pretty big fan of his in the pre-draft process, and after a couple years it's starting to look like he could be a big factor in years to come.

2009 - Aaron Curry. I didn't like the pick. It was a pick I had to talk up to myself. Wanted them to take Michael Crabtree, and in retrospect it seems like that would have been a much better pick. But then we got Max Unger in the second round, and I have no complaints about that one.

2008 - Lawrence Jackson. Oops. Shoulda picked Jordy Nelson at #28. But I was only barely following the draft in 2008, so I can't say much. 2010 was the first year I felt like I was getting a good idea of the prospect pool.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2012: S. McClellin (B. Irvin). Almost threw my beer through my TV at that
2011: J. Smith (James Carpenter). Saban's face said it all.
2010: R. Okung (R. Okung), Eric Berry (E. Thomas)
2009: M. Crabtree (A. Curry). Up until this year it was a wash.
2008: No favorite (L. Jackson).
2007: R. Kalil (J. Wilson). Even by this time, Spencer's suckitude was known.
2006: W. Justice (K. Jennings) 2006-7 lay the basis for all hatred to sub 6' corners
2005: M. Patterson (C. Spencer)

Wasn't a fan of a LB that didn't pass rush at #4. Seattle hadn't (corr. HASN'T) had a pro bowl WR since Brian Blades in 1989. Not even as the 'Hey mom, I'm the 15th alternate WR -- pack your bags we're going to Hawaii' variety pro bowler. Mora's professed man crush on Crabtree only fanned those flames.

2011 turned out ok. If we had taken Jimmy Smith, then it's a sure bet we don't take Richard Sherman in the 5th. Smith will never amount to what Sherman is already after only 20 starts in the NFL.

I fully expect to spend 20 hours researching whomever we take in round 1, because it'll be some 2nd/3rd round grade guy that just makes me want to cry on Thursday. Just as I expect to get 2-4 quality starters on days two and three. I swear I have no idea how they get these guys so reliably. Even though each one is termed a reach by 'the Hair'.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers, first round

2005: wanted Aaron Rodgers
2006: wanted Reggie Bush
2007: wanted Patrick Willis
2008: wanted Kenny Phillips
2009: wanted Crabtree
2010: wanted CJ Spiller
2011: wanted Von Miller or PP
2012: wanted Janoris Jenkins

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the majority of this, I was too young to have a real opinion anyway, but this is kind of fun to think about:

03 wanted Byron Leftwich, traded down for Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman. Loved Rex, didn't like Haynes.
04 wanted Vince Wilfork, got Tommie Harris. Was okay with it.
05 wanted BMW, got Cedric Benson. Hated it, but it ended up not mattering.
06 wanted Leonard Pope, traded down for Manning. Was pretty meh on it, but then they picked Hester and redeemed themselves. We let Manning go just as he became an awesome player.
07 wanted Greg Olsen, got Greg Olsen
08 desperately wanted to move up for Ryan Clady, got Chris Williams. Didn't have a good feeling about Williams, would have picked Rashard Mendenhall instead.
09 and 10 Was fine with the Jarron Gilbert/Major Wright picks. Still a fan of Wright.
11 Wanted Gabe Carimi or Derek Sherrod, got Carimi. My third choice was Paea, and he's turned out a lot better than Gabe.
12 Preferred Chandler Jones, but was more than happy with Shea McClellin. I still like him quite a bit more than Alshon Jeffery, which I think most Bears fans disagree with.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers, first round

2003: wanted William Joseph
2004: wanted Wilfork or Gamble
2005: wanted Aaron Rodgers or Alex Smith
2006: wanted Hawk or Huff with the 1st pick, Jimmy Williams with the other
2007: wanted think it was Carriker
2008: wanted Cherilus, Phillips, or DJax
2009: wanted Crabtree or one of the OT's (Smith, Oher, Smith, Monroe)
2010: wanted Haden and Spiller
2011: wanted Peterson or Amukamara
2012: wanted Fleener or Zeitler/Silatolu

I think that's about as far back as I could realistically go remembering who I wanted. Looking back through our drafts, I think I really started paying attention in 93'. Damn, 20 years ago.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 02-04-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Added a couple more years.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arian Foster was horrible at Tennessee surprised so many of you wanted him :p

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions

2005 - Wanted Shawne Merriman or Derrick Johnson, picked Mike Williams

2006 - Wanted Ernie Sims or Antonio Cromartie, picked Ernie Sims

2007 - Wanted Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson, picked Calvin Johnson

2008 - Wanted Chris Williams or Rashard Mendenhall, picked Gosdar Cherilus

2009 - Wanted Matthew Stafford and Peria Jerry, picked Matthew Stafford and Brandon Pettigrew

2010 - Wanted Ndamukong Suh, picked Ndamukong Suh

2011 - Wanted J.J. Watt, picked Nick Fairley

2012 - Wanted David DeCastro, picked Riley Reiff
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted the Falcons to trade up for Calvin Johnson. They got Jamaal Anderson instead. The Falcons felt bad about not giving me what I wanted, so they traded up for Julio Jones a few years later to make it up to me.

I was leaning slightly for Glenn Dorsey over Matt Ryan

I was not a fan of drafting Peria Jerry

I was leaning slightly for Bulaga over Sean Weatherspoon

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Chiefs

- yr - who i really wanted/ who the chiefs took
- 03 E.J. Henderson/ Larry Johnson
- 04 Darnell Dockett/ Junior Siavii
- 05 Derrick Johnson/Derrick Johnson
- 06 Manny Lawson/ Tamba Hali
- 07 Pat Willis/ Dwayne Bowe
- 08 Glen Dorsey/Glen Dorsey
- 09 Andre Smith/Tyson Jackson
- 10 Eric Berry/Eric Berry
- 11 didn't have a favorite player/Jonathan Baldwin
- 12 Dontari Poe/Dontari Poe
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Arian Foster was horrible at Tennessee surprised so many of you wanted him :p
That wasn't his fault. He was a projected second rounder his Junior year. He looked fantastic. His Senior year everything in Tennessee fell apart. Dave Clawson in his one year as OC drove that offense into the ground and pretty much abandoned the running game altogether. It was Tennessee's worst offense in something like 30 years, if I remember right.

But yeah...he was a legit prospect just a year before, so it's not surprising that people wanted to give him a shot in rounds 4-7.

Looks like I mocked him to the Bears in the fourth roud for the first time right after Christmas, lol: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=22093&page=34

Man, Greg Hardy should have come out that year. His draft stock died in his last year.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-04-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote