Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2005- Wanted Logan Mankins, got Aaron Rodgers
2006- Wanted A.J. Hawk, got A.J. Hawk
2007- Wanted Amobi Okoye, got Justin Harrell
2008- Wanted Antoine Cason, got Jordy Nelson in the 2nd.
2009- Wanted Tyson Jackson, got B.J. Raji and Clay Matthews
2010- Wanted Bryan Bulaga, got Bryan Bulaga
2011- Wanted Muhammad Wilkerson, got Derek Sherrod
2012- Wanted Melvin Ingram, got Nick Perry.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fun thread. Really takes me back memory lane. Started digging up old notes from my hard drive, and ended up reading old scouting reports, notes, projections and tantrums for a couple of hours.

Ravens:

2005: Round 1: Wanted Roddy White, got Mark Clayton. Iīve always preferred the bigger, more physical wideouts, and this was no exception. Clayton showed some promise the first couple of years, and then completely fizzled.

Round 2: Wanted Vincent Jackson, got Dan Cody.

I had big prospect crushes on Chris Henry as well as Shawne Merriman.

2006: Round 1: Wanted Haloti Ngata, got Haloti Ngata.
Despite going DT in round 1, I really wanted us to pick up Dusty Dvoracek in round 2 or 3. Not my proudest moment..
Loved Jimmy Williams as a prospect, and was shocked that he fell out of the first round. Judging from this thread, I wasnīt alone on that one.

2007: Round 1: Wanted Dwayne Jarret, got Ben Grubbs. Didnīt spend a lot of time scouting interior o-line back then, so didnīt really know much about Grubbs. Thought it was to early to pick a guard.
Hated the Yamon Figurs pick in round 3 with a passion. Liked guys like Victor Abiamiri, Marcus McCauley and Dante Hughes. Very weird year for me.

2008: Round 1: Wanted either Aqib Talib or Joe Flacco. Got Flacco. That worked out pretty well. At the time I thought it was a reach to get him at #18, but loved his upside. Furthermore I didnt have to spend the rest of the weekend worrying about Ravens picking Brian Brohm, so that was an added bonus.
Round 2: Wanted Jordy Nelson or Calais Campbell, but both where off the board when Ravens where on the clock. We got Ray Rice, so Im not complaining..

2009: Round 1: Wanted Michael Oher, got Michael Oher.
Round 2: Wanted Michael Johnson, got Paul Krueger. Very dissapointed with that pick at the time. Had big crushes on Brian Robiskie and Ray Maualuga...
Cursed the Falcons for picking William Moore two spots before the Ravens pick.

2010: Round 2: Wanted Gronkowski, Darryl Washington or Carlos Dunlap, got Sergio Kindle and Mount Cody...
In round 3 I wanted NaVarro Bowman, got Ed Dickson.. In hindsight the most frustrating draft Iīve ever had as a Ravens fan.

2011: Round 1: Wanted Jimmy Smith, got Jimmy Smith.
Round 2: Wanted Gregg Little, got Torrey Smith. I will eat my crow on that one.
Really liked Rahim Moore as a prospect in round 2. I still really like Rahim Moore, but for very different reasons...

2012: Round 1: Wanted Donta Hightower, got Courtney Upshaw. (In round 2)
Round 2: Wanted Reuben Randle, got Kelechi Osemele.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Atlanta.

2006: Wanted Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech., until we traded for John Abraham. We ended up getting Williams in round two. Williams was going to be a top ten pick had he come out as a junior but he stayed another year at VT turned out to be extremely lazy once he got paid. Ugh... Double loss for me. Also liked Deuce Latui, DeAngelo Williams, and Joseph Addai. Yeah, boy. That draft class was hella packed though.

2007: We got Jamaal Anderson. I wanted Adrian Peterson or LaRon Landry... they went the two picks prior. Was still satisfied with Anderson and LOVED the draft with us grabbing Chris Houston and Justin Blalock in round two. The two Arkansas players, Anderson and Houston, were abortions, especially Anderson. Also liked Victor Abiamiri and Ikaika Alama-Francis. Samson Satele. Jason Hill from Washington State. We also picked up Stephen Nicholas, Laurent Robinson, Trey Lewis, and Jason Snelling though who all turned out to be decent players. Blalock is still starting for us. So not a bad draft, could have been better though.

2008: Got Matt Ryan. Obviously worked out well though. However, until right before the draft I hated him as a prospect and wanted either McFadden or Dorsey. Still think Dorsey would have been a beast in a 4-3 but obviously we made the right pick. Sam Baker and Curtis Lofton were both sweet picks at the time also and I wanted them when we were on the clock. Baker has been a decent starter at LT, looked great as a rookie. Lofton was awesome and we missed him this past season. Chevis Jackson... wow. Completely forgot about him. I liked the Harry Douglas and DeCoud picks, they have done very well for us considering draft position. Biermann in round five starts for us. So six essential starters. Hell of a draft, no?

2009: Peria Jerry... hated it from the get go and he is a bust. I liked Louis Delmas. Alphonso Smith. Patrick Chung. Everette Brown. Darcel McBath. I liked the William Moore pick and he's turned into a stud.

2010: Weatherspoon. Was okay with it if I recall. Wanted Sergio Kindle or Jerry Hughes. Jason Worilds.

2011: Julio! Cool with it.

2012: Peter Konz. Cool with it. Wanted Vinnie Curry or Kenechi Osemele.

So... mostly missed on my part. However, I've wanted defensive end forever now and it's damn sure our worst position other than the boss known as John Abraham. Who is 35.
at the time and now i would have given up worilds for spoon in a heartbeat. Worilds is absolutely ******* useless, i hated the pick and hes done nothing but be a wasted roster spot
Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I know, right? Seems like no one ever liked a huge bust!
I cannot speak for everyone's fan base, but Browns fans could easily be the worst at this hindsight 20/20 liar liar garbage. I hope Browns fans on this site don't take this comment personally because I have been a daily member on a much larger forum since 2004 and those are the fans I'm talking about.

2004 The entire fan base myself included wanted Sean Taylor or Kellen Winslow. If you asked 100 Browns fans now I bet 60 would say they wanted Ben Roethlisberger and at least 59 of them would be telling a bold face lie.

2005 Almost the entire board wanted Mike Williams with a handful wanting Antrell Roll and even fewer like myself wanted Cadillac Williams. Ask Browns 100 fans today and maybe 3 would admitt Mike Williams was the man they wanted, however, in all reality I remember the boards and 95% of the board was PO'd when we passed on him.

2006 The board was split 50/50 on Wimbly or Ngata(I was the odd ball and wanted Cutler). Ask today and 99 would tell you they wanted Ngata and the trade with Baltimore was stupid. At least 49 would be lying through there teeth.

2007 90% of the board wanted Thomas or Quinn 9% wanted Peterson and I remember one crazy nut who wanted to trade the entire draft to #1 for Calvin Johnson. A huge portion of those Quinn fans today say they never wanted Quinn again lying.

2008 We didn't have a pick until the 4th round and everyone had a different favorite.

2009 99% of Browns fans myself included wanted Aaron Curry and now only about 40% would admitt it.

2010 Everyone wanted Eric Berry or Joe Haden. I was an odd ball again and wanted Earl Thomas with T.J. Ward in the 3rd and oh man was that a huge controversy that year when we took Ward in the 2nd. Every Browns fan except me on said board hated the pick. Today atleast half would lie straight to your face and say they loved the Ward pick.

2011 Every single Browns fans wanted A.J. Green except myself again and I wanted J.J. Watt. Obviously there was no right or wrong in this year as both are dominant super star with HoF potential.

2012 We all wanted Trent Richardson and we all got Trent Richardson. If he is a bust down the road I can promise you most Browns fans will tell you they wanted someone else. None of us wanted Brandon Weeden and we got stuck with Weeden. I wanted Chandler Jones and he never made it to our pick and the jury is out on him still.

I like to keep score with Browns fans because of a long history with that particular board where most of them give me crap over my outside the box opinions even though my out side the box opinions hit more often than their boxed in opinions.
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears:

2012 Wanted Nick Perry/ Got Shea McClellin (after seeing DeCastro there, I wanted him)- Jury's still out on this one
2011 Wanted Gabe Carimi/ Got Gabe Carimi - He better turn it around this was a slam dunk pick
2010 Wanted Morgan Burnett (after GB traded up, I was hoping for Mike Johnson, OG, Bama)/Got Major Wright - Ok with this. Burnett can't stay healthy or good
2009 Wanted Max Unger/traded the pick to Seattle who picked Unger and Got Jarron Gilbert (was OK with the pick at the time)- UGH
2008 Wanted Ryan Clady or Branden Albert/Got Chris Williams (Clady was gone)
2007 Wanted Tony Ugoh/Got Greg Olsen
2006 Wanted Santonio Holmes, Steelers traded in front of the Bears for him they traded back and Got Danieal Manning
2005 Wanted Mike Williams/Got Cedric Benson- Double UGH
2003 Wanted Byron Leftwich/Got Rex Grossman, though I was pretty happy at the time getting 2 first round picks. Still was hoping for Boller instead of Grossman after the trade down.
1999 Wanted Shaun King/Got Cade McNown

The only times I ever remember the Bears making the picks I wanted in the 1st round were Carimi, Tommie Harris and Brian Urlacher. The first 2 worked out very well. The most recent one is looking bad right now, but I still have a lot of hope.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossOfDeath View Post
I cannot speak for everyone's fan base, but Browns fans could easily be the worst at this hindsight 20/20 liar liar garbage. I hope Browns fans on this site don't take this comment personally because I have been a daily member on a much larger forum since 2004 and those are the fans I'm talking about.

2004 The entire fan base myself included wanted Sean Taylor or Kellen Winslow. If you asked 100 Browns fans now I bet 60 would say they wanted Ben Roethlisberger and at least 59 of them would be telling a bold face lie.

2005 Almost the entire board wanted Mike Williams with a handful wanting Antrell Roll and even fewer like myself wanted Cadillac Williams. Ask Browns 100 fans today and maybe 3 would admitt Mike Williams was the man they wanted, however, in all reality I remember the boards and 95% of the board was PO'd when we passed on him.

2006 The board was split 50/50 on Wimbly or Ngata(I was the odd ball and wanted Cutler). Ask today and 99 would tell you they wanted Ngata and the trade with Baltimore was stupid. At least 49 would be lying through there teeth.

2007 90% of the board wanted Thomas or Quinn 9% wanted Peterson and I remember one crazy nut who wanted to trade the entire draft to #1 for Calvin Johnson. A huge portion of those Quinn fans today say they never wanted Quinn again lying.

2008 We didn't have a pick until the 4th round and everyone had a different favorite.

2009 99% of Browns fans myself included wanted Aaron Curry and now only about 40% would admitt it.

2010 Everyone wanted Eric Berry or Joe Haden. I was an odd ball again and wanted Earl Thomas with T.J. Ward in the 3rd and oh man was that a huge controversy that year when we took Ward in the 2nd. Every Browns fan except me on said board hated the pick. Today atleast half would lie straight to your face and say they loved the Ward pick.

2011 Every single Browns fans wanted A.J. Green except myself again and I wanted J.J. Watt. Obviously there was no right or wrong in this year as both are dominant super star with HoF potential.

2012 We all wanted Trent Richardson and we all got Trent Richardson. If he is a bust down the road I can promise you most Browns fans will tell you they wanted someone else. None of us wanted Brandon Weeden and we got stuck with Weeden. I wanted Chandler Jones and he never made it to our pick and the jury is out on him still.

I like to keep score with Browns fans because of a long history with that particular board where most of them give me crap over my outside the box opinions even though my out side the box opinions hit more often than their boxed in opinions.
**** just got real

i am so emotional about a pick at the time it happens, i pretty much love/hate that player forever...sweed i still love, hood i still hate....both are horrible players.

Steelers rarely piss me off early in the draft...hood, worilds, bruce davis pissed me off...but id be lying if i said i didnt think woodley was lazy and not up to the top competition and shyd away from playing at the senior bowl at the time, in round 2 that kind of a pick is easier but had they taken him in 1 i would have been FURIOUS, but like i said earlier i wanted timmons or spencer
Old 02-04-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Year Who I wanted Who we got
2003- Andre Woolfolk Boss Bailey Johnathan Sullivan
2004- Will Smith Will Smith
2005- Derrick Johnson Jamaal Brown
2006- AJ Hawk Reggie Bush
2007- Joe Staley Robert Mitchem
2008- Keith Rivers Sedrick Ellis
2009- Alex Mack Malcolm Jenkins
2010- Terrence Cody Patrick Robinson
2011- Bruce Carter Cam Jordan (and traded for Ingram)
2012- Vinny Curry Akeim Hicks

Needless to say, I was all over the place with decent people and bad picks.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm shocked people remember what guys they wanted 5 years ago.

Lions

2006 - I had a huge mancrush on Dumervil (not in the first mind you) I don't remember who I wanted in round 1.

2007 - I wanted Gaines Adams (we have too many WRs already hey they are comparing him to Simeon Rice COME ON PEOPLE!), picked Calvin Johnson

2008 - Wanted Brandon Albert, picked Gosdar Cherilus

2009 - Wanted BJ Raji or Russel Okung and I think Titus Young, picked Matthew Stafford and Brandon Pettigrew

2010 - Wanted Ndamukong Suh, picked Ndamukong Suh

2011 - Wanted Prince Amukamara, picked Nick Fairley

2012 - Wanted Riley Reiff, picked Riley Reiff

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wanted the Jets to draft Greg Hardy. He's been a solid player for the Panthers and then broke out for eleven sacks last year. I would have wanted him to play DE/OLB.

Brandon Pettigrew in 2009

They did grab Wilkerson and Coples THO which is awesome.

I liked Cody a lot in 2010.

Last edited by SenorGato : 02-04-2013 at 11:06 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2012 I wanted to trade the house to get Robert Griffin.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Browns message boards are awful, that doesn't mean every single fan is the way you state it is.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs
2012 - Wanted: Poe or DeCastro (it was pretty well out that Poe would be the pick), Got: Poe
2011 - Wanted: Kyle Rudolph, Got: Jonathan Baldwin (didn't think they'd consider WR that early and weapons for the passing game were the #1 need)
2010 - Wanted: Berry or McClain, Got: Berry
2009 - Wanted: BJ Raji, Got: Tyson Jackson
2008 - Wanted: Matt Ryan or to take the trade that NOR offered to get Ellis, Got: Dorsey
2007 - Wanted: Dwayne Bowe, Got: Dwayne Bowe
2006 - Wanted: Mathias Kiwanuka, Got: Tamba Hali

Patriots
2012 - Wanted: Stephen Hill and Chandler Jones, Got: Hightower and Jones
2011 - Wanted: Ryan Kerrigan (The Prince of Blades!) or Brooks Reed, Got: Solder
2010 - Demaryius Thomas or Brandon Spikes, Got: McCourty
2009 - Wanted: Clay Matthews, Got: Patrick Chung
2008 - Wanted: Keith Rivers, Got: Jerod Mayo
2007 - Wanted: Brandon Meriweather, Got: Brandon Meriweather (this draft sucked because the team had absolutely no needs - not even depth - except safety...would have been a great draft to have a need)
2006 - Wanted: Laurence Maroney, Got: Laurence Maroney
Old 02-04-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2006 - Wanted Haloti Ngata.

I cried. Not afraid to admit it.

2007 - Wanted Joe Thomas (got him, bitches)

I started jumping up and down as soon as Goodell said "left tackle". I didn't hear the rest.

2008 - No picks until the 4th.

2009 - Before trading back, I wanted B.J. Raji. After trading back, I wanted Clay Matthews.

2010 - I wanted Eric Berry, but when he was gone, I wanted Haden.

2011 - I wanted A.J. Green, then Patrick Peterson. When both were gone, I wanted Julio Jones. After trading back, I don't remember for sure who I wanted, but I think it was Cameron Jordan.

2012 - I wanted to trade up for RG3. When that didn't happen, I wanted Trent. At No. 22, I wanted Kendall Wright. When he was gone, I think I was hoping for Stephen Hill.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Woah there bud... the browns fan base here is pretty solid besides someboody...eh (get it?)

I will admit to Quinn, Berry and Curry.

I wanted AJ Green, Bowser and Greg Little two years ago. (I hated Julio Jones)

Honestly I'm not a great talent evaluator.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's tons more people I wanted at certain selections, but that never made it to the Titans. In 08, I really wanted Jordy Nelson in the first, followed by Chris Johnson or Jamaal Charles in the 2nd (I figured CJ would go to the Patriots or the Raiders in the early 2nd so I had my heart set on JC).

I really wanted Eric Decker in 10, but we chose freaking Damian Williams instead.

I'm sure I've had some big bust as well, but most of them are out of the league so I don't even remember them. I do remember being extremely excited when we drafted Terna Nande in the 5th of the 06 draft.

I don't know if anyone remembers this guy, but he came into the combine at 6001 232 ran a 4.51 with a 39 vertical and did 41 reps on bench AND was disappointed because he just knew he was going to get 50 reps. If I remember correctly his max was around 530 and squated over 600.

Of course he never did anything in the NFL, posting 1 NFL tackle. You at least thought he would have been a beast special teamer...

I remember I wanted some tackle from USC (something Brown I think) and was so disappointed we took some guy from Eastern Washington named Michael Roos. Flash forward and Roos has started all but one game since coming into the league and has been one of the best LT's in the league during that time.

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 02-04-2013 at 11:56 PM.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

07' draft was the first where I knew enough about the guys coming out to have a preference. Liked Joe Thomas. I didn't have a problem with the trade up for Brady Quinn because the Browns desperately needed a QB but if we had stayed put, I really wanted Lamar Woodley in the 2nd.

08' I paid no attention because Savage traded all our picks away.

09' Pre draft I really wanted Knowshon Moreno. After Mangini traded down 10x I wanted Percy Harvin-I was pretty sure he was the target and was psyched. It was Alex Mack. I liked Mack but I had him as our 2nd rounder. I was also high on Everette Brown.

10' Wanted Brandon Graham. And thought Haden was too small. Also wanted Montario Hardesty and got him. Loved Navarro Bowman in that draft and thought he was a 1st round pick-surprised he was still available in the 3rd but figured he was strictly a 4-3 LB. We took Colt McCoy-who I absolutely hated-just sayin.

11' Wanted J.J. Watt even though the Browns were switching to a 43 and all the clamor was for A.J. Green or Julio Jones. Had a huge man crush on him. Also wanted Greg Little that year and got him.

12' Really wanted Michael Floyd but became convinced we wouldn't pass up Richardson-and was OK with that. For QB, really wanted Brock Osweiler. Also a big fan of Stephen Hill and Decastro. But I was ok with Mitchell Shwartz, who I felt was the best pure RT. Latter rounds, as he fell, I really wanted Bobby Massie, who pre draft I thought had passed Schwartz as the top RT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2004 - I was terribly pissed that the Packers passed on Chris Gamble for Ahmad Carroll. That being said, Carroll was a lot worse than I thought he'd be and Gamble wasn't nearly as good as I thought he'd be. I was also a big fan of a lot of 2nd/3rd round DTs in this draft: Igor Olshansky, Tank Johnson, Darnell Dockett, Randy Starks, Donnell Washington were all guys I liked. Unfortunately the Packers agreed and grabbed Washington, probably the worst of the 5. Other guys I liked were Keiwan Ratliff, Shawntae Spencer, Darius Watts, Greg Jones, Derrick Strait, Devard Darling, Matt Ware, Nathan Vasher and Josh Harris.

2005 - Was definitely excited for the Aaron Rodgers pick, but was hoping for Marlin Jackson since I had no clue Rodgers would still be there. In that draft I also liked David Baas, Justin Miller, Channing Crowder, 4th Round RBs (Marion Barber III, Brandon Jacobs, Ciatrick Fason, Darren Sproles), loved Chris Canty. Larry Brackins, Anttaj Hawthorne and Anthony Davis (UW homer picks) were other guys I liked later. I hated the Nick Collins pick.

2006 - One of my favorite drafts, I really liked a lot of prospects. In round 1 I was a big fan of AJ Hawk, Vernon Davis, Haloti Ngata, Antonio Cromartie, and Manny Lawson. In Round 2 I liked D'Qwell Jackson, Chad Jackson, Jimmy Williams, Devin Hester, Richard Marshall. Rest of draft I liked Eric Winston, Abdul Hodge (drafted), Dusty Dvoracek, Maurice Stovall, Darnell Bing, Will Blackmon (drafted), Jonathan Scott, Jeremy Bloom, Omar Jacobs, Reggie McNeal, Todd Watkins, and Ahmad Brooks (from the supplemental draft). I liked the Hawk pick, but I was absolutely pissed with the Packers traded down in the 2nd with Chad Jackson and Jimmy Williams there. I thought Greg Jennings was a scrub and wasn't a fan of the Daryn Colledge pick either.

2007 - Wasn't really anyone I was crazy about that was available for the Packers in round 1. I liked the Justin Harrell pick, probably would have preferred a trade down because I liked a lot of 2nd round prospects more. Eric Wright, Ikaika Alama-Francis, and Alan Branch were guys I liked.

2008 - I really wanted Jack Ikegwuonu (1st round pre-injury, late 2nd/3rd post-injury) and liked Desean Jackson. Packers ended up getting Jordy Nelson, Brian Brohm, Pat Lee, Jermichael Finley and Matt Flynn. Before the draft I wanted Colt Brennan late, but I was happy with the Brian Brohm/Matt Flynn combo...definitely surprised Flynn was the best of the bunch though. I still can't believe Ikegwuonu isn't a star, missed on that one big time.

2009 - Really liked B.J. Raji, Michael Crabtree, Brian Orakpo, and Clay Matthews. Wanted Jarron Gilbert as a 2nd rounder (jumped out of the pool!). I was happy that we got Raji and Matthews, but at the time I probably would have rather had the picks we gave up for Matthews. Looks like the Packers made the right call on that one.

2010 - Packers got Bryan Bulaga. Loved the pick, but didn't expect him to fall, so I was wanting Brandon Graham the most, then Dez Bryant, Jerry Hughes, or Sergio Kindle. Two other guys I really wanted later were Chad Jones and O'Brien Schofield (I guess I'm a sucker for former Badgers with knee injuries). Late in the draft I was hoping the Packers would take a flyer Greg Hardy, Dan LeFevour, Jonathan Dwyer, Trindon Holliday, Charles Scott, George Selvie, or Selvish Capers.

2011 - Was happy with Sherrod, but was really hoping Cameron Heyward would have fallen one more spot. Also really liked Brooks Reed. Was a big fan of the Randall Cobb pick but also wanted Martez Wilson. Other guys I wanted were Allan Bailey, Christian Ballard, Taiwan Jones, Davon House (Got him!), and Greg Romeus

2012 - Liked Nick Perry, but really was hoping for Shea McClellin or Chandler Jones to fall. Loved the Jerrell Worthy and Casey Heyward picks. Other guys I liked were Travis Benjamin, Lamar Miller, Jared Crick, Billy Winn, Alfonzo Dennard, David Molk, Jeremy Ebert, Andrew Datko (drafted), and BJ Coleman (drafted). Probably my biggest hope was that the Packers would take Russell Wilson, but he went a lot earlier than I would have wanted the Packers to grab him.

A couple thoughts overall:

1. Definitely had my fair share of hits and misses.
2. It's a lot harder to do the older drafts because obviously I'm biased towards the players that were successful. To somewhat try to combat this I only included pro bowl type people if I really loved them. Nobody wants to hear another person say that they kind of wanted Arian Foster in the 7th round.
3. I still can't believe Jack Ikegwuonu is out of the league.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I can remember who I wanted in the first round back to 2005, maybe 2004. After that it gets pretty foggy.

The pick that made me happiest was Chris Darkins (RB, Minnesota), in 1996. I wanted him in the second round and the Packers took him in the fourth. I thought he was a steal. The next year, Corey Dillon came out and he turned out to be almost exactly what my stupid 12 year old brain envisioned Darkins being. :/

Last edited by WCH : 02-05-2013 at 11:17 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I post on another message board and can go back to see who I was talking up. Also keep a spreadsheet for the last 4-5 years.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wont even do 2012 as we only started picking in the third
2011 we got: Cam Jordan and Ingram
2011 who i wanted: Cam Jordan and not trading up again, certainly not for ingram but if we picked again on the spot where we took ingram i wouldve picked Muhammed Wilkerson
2010 we got: Patrick Robinson
2010 who i wanted Sergio Kindle or Brian Price
2009 we got: Malcolm Jenkins
2009 who i wanted: Brian Cushing
2008 we got: Sed Ellis
2008 I wanted: Sed Ellis
2007 we got Robert Maechem
2007 I wanted Joe Staley
2006 wanted and got reggie bush

2009 was the worst, i hated all picks
2010 wasnt much better but i did like the Tennant pick and i wouldve liked the graham pick if we didnt burn our first and second round picks on picks i flat out hated. Didnt like graham because i thought he would take way more developing and we didnt fill any need earlier in the draft.
2011 started great, i was ecstatic that Jordan fell all the way to us but i came crashing down to earth when we traded up for ingram. i think i spend 2 full days hateposting on this board. Worst pick by any team not named the Raiders ever if you ask me. Still bums me out.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked Eric Shelton, Greg Jones and Brandon Jacobs coming out.

I'm a sucker for any big back that even slightly reminds me of Eddie George
Old 02-05-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started really following the 2005 draft...

In 2005 we took Troy Williamson and Erasmus James. I really wanted Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards (who didn't last to our pick obviously). I also really wanted Derrick Johnson.

With the 2nd pick I wanted Erasmus James until Rodgers fell on the day. So I happy at the time.

Overall... pretty much everyone I wanted was a bit of a fail pick outside of DJ and Rodgers.

2006 I wanted Greenway after a few others were taken before our pick. Very happy with it.

2007 I wanted Quinn when he fell and Patrick Willis. We took Peterson so I'm alright with how things worked out!

2008 we didn't have a first.

2009 I really wanted Oher when he was available still. Also preferred Nicks and Britt over Harvin.

2010 we again didn't have a first but I distinctly remember hating our picks.

2011 we took Ponder, I wanted just about every other player taken as I thought we reached by about 1 round... I still think we did. I particularly wanted Sherrod or Carimi... so it's not like I would have done well though!

2012 I wanted Kalil and J. Jenkins, we got Kalil and Smith which was also fine.

Overall I think the only franchise changing decisions were not taking Rodgers and not taking Quinn. Of course if we'd taken Rodgers I'd have had no interest in Quinn so I'd have saved myself from myself!

Call it a draw :)

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still have notes dating back to my first draft in ī03. Im pretty OCD with stuff like that. Some of my first notes are equally hillarious and embarrassing... "QB Ken Dorsey: Played for a big school. Good height. Passed for lots of tds. Very accurate. Should be a first round pick"....
Old 02-05-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
I still have notes dating back to my first draft in ī03. Im pretty OCD with stuff like that. Some of my first notes are equally hillarious and embarrassing... "QB Ken Dorsey: Played for a big school. Good height. Passed for lots of tds. Very accurate. Should be a first round pick"....
Haha...unfortunately (or fortunately maybe?) all my notes were on my computer and it crashed about a year back
Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Loftin
Rookie

Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2006: I wanted Reggie Bush, Texans took Mario Williams.
In hindsight, the Texans made the best pick possible. I was a little relieved by the Williams pick, though, because at least we didn't take Vince Young.

2007: I wanted Amobi Okoye, Texans took Amobi Okoye
This guy started for Louisville at age 16, and was a dominant, experienced player at that level when he entered the draft at 19. He was already good, and he still had so much potential. I LOVED this pick. Boy, was I wrong though. Looking back, the Texans could have had Darrelle Revis with this pick.

2008: I wanted Kenny Phillips, Texans traded back 8 spots (Flacco pick) and took Duane Brown (extra pick turned out to be Steve Slaton)
Phillips would have been a solid player at a position we needed (and still need), but I can't complain about Duane Brown. After a rough rookie season, he has been a solid LT for us. As a bonus, we got the Steve Slaton pick. Slaton rushed for over 1000 yards as a rookie.

2009: I wanted Malcolm Jenkins, Texans took Brian Cushing
Jenkins was picked right before the Texans were up, so he wouldn't have been an option anyway. I had decided that I was ok with any of the USC LBers (Cushing, Maualuga or Matthews). Looking back, all three turned out to be really good, though Cushing has dealt with injuries and a PED suspension. We ran a 4-3 at the time, and now that we are in a 3-4 it's maddening to think how good we could be with Clay Matthews.

2010: I wanted a CB (Kyle Wilson or Devin McCourty) or a DT (Dan Williams or Brian Price), Texans took Kareem Jackson
Before the pick, Jackson wasn't even on my radar as a potential 1st round pick for the Texans. We desperately needed a CB at the time, so I understand why the Texans were so high on him. However, it appears we did reach for him above Wilson and McCourty, who I still think would have been better. Jackson has so far not proven to be the shutdown corner you expect from a first round investment.

2011: I wanted Nick Fairley or Prince Amukamara, the Texans took JJ Watt
I HATED this pick, and I could not have been more wrong. I figured that with Antonio Smith and Mario Williams, a DE was the LAST thing we needed. Fast forward one year, and Williams is in Buffalo and Watt is arguably the best DE in the league.

2012: I wanted several different players, Texans took Whitney Mercilus
The jury is still out on this one, since he didn't play much his rookie season. With Reed and Barwin, I'm still not sure that a pass rusher was worth a first round investment. The players I was highest on (David DeCastro and Donta Hightower) were taken right before Houston's pick. There was a lot of talk about us taking a TE, specifically Coby Fleener, or a WR like Jeffrey or Hill. I would have been ok with those picks. I also liked the idea of taking value with Janoris Jenkins, since our secondary stinks. It's still WAY too early to judge this pick, though.
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote