Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Franchise Quarterback least likely to win Superbowl as Starter
Matt Ryan 5 6.25%
Andrew Luck 1 1.25%
RG III 1 1.25%
Russel Wilson 1 1.25%
Matthew Stafford 12 15.00%
Colin Kaepernick 1 1.25%
Andy Dalton 36 45.00%
Cam Newton 7 8.75%
Matt Schaub 16 20.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Chris777
Rookie

Chris777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Franchise Quarterback least likely to win Superbowl as Starter Part IV

I always enjoy making these threads and hearing the responses even if the last one ended up as thunderdome; had Tebow in. Ironically enough no one voted for Flacco...did my thread predict the superbowl winner?

I took out some obvious ones which would skew this poll like Sanchez, Romo, and Tebow.
Chris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it might be hard for Dalton. Not just on him though. The Bengals organization has been lackluster for quite some time with Mike Brown in charge of ownership. I think Dalton might need a really good team around him just to have a chance at getting there.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how to answer this thread. Am I supposed to rank the player I think is least individually capable, or just predict whether or not I think they'll ever win a Super Bowl? I suppose I feel like Schaub and Dalton are the least intimidating as players, but they're on decent teams. On the other hand, I feel like Cam Newton and Matthew Stafford are good bets to be the kind of players who put up huge statlines and regularly make Sportcenter's top 10 throughout their careers but still might never get to showcase their full potential in the playoffs. I've got no idea what's going on in either Detroit or Carolina, and it's sorta been that way for awhile.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably at least 8 of these 10 never will, so it's hard to be wrong, but I chose Newton. Everyone in the poll besides Newton and Stafford made the playoffs this year, and Stafford did make it last year. The Panthers are the team that's the farthest away, and while I think Newton is a good QB, he's not an elite QB who can win it on his own.

9. Matt Ryan
8. Colin Kaepernick
7. Russel Wilson
6. Matt Schaub
5. Robert Griffin
4. Andrew Luck
3. Matthew Stafford
2. Andy Dalton
1. Cam Newton
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably at least 8 of these 10 never will, so it's hard to be wrong, but I chose Newton. Everyone in the poll besides Newton and Stafford made the playoffs this year, and Stafford did make it last year. The Panthers are the team that's the farthest away, and while I think Newton is a good QB, he's not an elite QB who can win it on his own.

9. Matt Ryan
8. Colin Kaepernick
7. Russel Wilson
6. Matt Schaub
5. Robert Griffin
4. Andrew Luck
3. Matthew Stafford
2. Andy Dalton
1. Cam Newton
Old 02-05-2013, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

9. Matt Ryan
8. Colin Kaepernick
7. Russel Wilson
6. Matt Schaub
5. Robert Griffin
4. Andrew Luck
3. Matthew Stafford
2. Andy Dalton
1. Cam Newton
Old 02-05-2013, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Old 02-05-2013, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry. We heard you.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:55 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I just absolutely hate Matt Schaub because every time I talk about him or post about him it's something negative - despite the fact that I think he's a solid QB - but I don't associate him with being a winner or a great leader. And I simply cannot fathom him winning a Super Bowl. The only way he wins is if he's a backup. That team is absolutely stacked. The Texans have as much talent as 95% of the league (I did the calculations), but he's going to hold them back for as long as he's there. It's always been my opinion.

Andy Dalton isn't a franchise QB, so I'm hesitant to even bother talking about him. He is limited as a thrower. He's, again, a solid QB but he has limited physical tools. And come playoff time, I don't think you can win anymore without having a near elite QB. And to be a near elite QB you have to the physical tools. You just do. Its why scouts and coaches still drool over arm strength (and always will). The Bengals don't have the coaching or the type of franchise that's going to put together a legendary defense, or an offensive team that is utterly dominant in the running game. And that's what Dalton would need (and AJ Green for the rest of his career). One thing that I've noticed about Dalton is his lack of ability to trust his eyes. He double clutches and holds onto the ball too long and misses too many open targets. I don't know if its because he is still young, but if that's something that he cant correct, then he's going to be the type of guy that's consistently in the 15-20 range of QBs in this league. And those guys don't win Super Bowls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:18 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is how I would rank them, most likely to least likely.

1. Andrew Luck- He has already shown he can carry a team. As the young receivers around him develop and the talent improves, I'd be quite surprised if he doesn't win one.

2. Matt Ryan- They should have won it this year I think. Horrible coaching and the defenses inability to cover a tight end derailed the Falcons though. Improve that and I think they win next year.

3. Collin Kaepernick- He has already made it to the Super Bowl. Of the running QBs, I think he is the most likely to develop as an elite passer, which goes a long way in winning a Super Bowl.

4. Russell Wilson- I like what he showed last year. He has a good young defense to back him up and a great running attack. A few more weapons on offense and I could definitely see them winning a Super Bowl.

5. Andy Dalton- Unlike others, I think Dalton is good enough to take a team to a Super Bowl. But he can't do it alone and I still don't trust the organization to put together an elite team.

6. Matthew Stafford- The team is a mess. They aren't going to win a title with Schwartz at head coach. And if they fire him, it might take a few seasons to get back on track. Don't like his chances.

7. Robert Griffin III- I think he will face injuries his entire career because of his playing style. I also think the read-option will be figured out this offseason. Of the guys who run it, he showed me the least in terms of being able to beat guys with his arm.

8. Cam Newton- Cam really rubs me the wrong way. I've followed him since his Freshman year and I never liked him. The final nail in the coffin was when he scored a TD last year while down three TDs. He shrugged off his teammates congratulating him and did his little Superman celebration. Cam, you're still down two TDs, stop celebrating.

9. Matt Schaub- Nothing against the guy but he is the oldest so his chances are the worst. I just don't see the Texans getting much better than they already are. And if you aren't moving forward, you're moving backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Schaub is Ryan Fitzpatrick in a better situation. He will never win a SB.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Newton and Matthew Stafford are two guys who I think won't even smell the playoffs for at least 2-3 more years, both teams are not talented enough to make it in an extremely competitive NFC. A lot can happen in that time frame (injuries, changes in coaching staff, management) and usually (at least for the Lions) if thing can go wrong they will go wrong and in the worst way.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

" 7. Robert Griffin III- I think he will face injuries his entire career because of his playing style. I also think the read-option will be figured out this offseason. Of the guys who run it, he showed me the least in terms of being able to beat guys with his arm."

Hmm. Okay.
You're the first person I've heard say they were more impressed with Griffin's running ability than his passing skills.
You do know he had two 4 TD passing games last season, right??
Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
" 7. Robert Griffin III- I think he will face injuries his entire career because of his playing style. I also think the read-option will be figured out this offseason. Of the guys who run it, he showed me the least in terms of being able to beat guys with his arm."

Hmm. Okay.
You're the first person I've heard say they were more impressed with Griffin's running ability than his passing skills.
You do know he had two 4 TD passing games last season, right??
More accurately, I think he will be the least willing to alter his playing style. Watching a guy like Kaepernick, I already see him as a passer who can run. Wilson doens't pass as much, but he is much smarter with his running (sliding, avoiding hits). I think the Redskins will have some nice seasons with him behind he wheel but too often he'll be sitting on the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Schaub.

There are several reasons as to why I did this.

1) HEALTH He's always had injuries problems, he's only played all 16 games 3 times in his career. Since being a starter, he's played 11 games or less 3 times. So basically as a starter it's 50/50 on whether he'll play 11 games or 16 games.

2) HIS AGE He's 31, soon to be 32. Schaub has never appeared to me as one who will play forever, I think he has maybe 3-4 years left.

3) SUPPORTING CAST Right now his supporting cast is very very good. However, Andre Johnson has a history of injuries and will turn 32 this season. Kevin Walter is 31, Owen Daniels will turn 31 and also has a history of injuries. Arian Foster has declined every year in the league, with the amount of carries he's getting he has 3 years as a good back. They drafted two young OL last season, but his starting LG is 31, and so is his starting Center. Many key starters on defense are also 30+ years.
4. SALARY CAP They've been holding the team together and it will be interesting to see what the cap does in the next few years
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schaub has 4, 5, 6 years left... he doesn't have a ton of wear & tear on him, and look at the old QB's these days.
That team is good.

For me it was between Dalton and Stafford.
The Lions suck. Dysfunctional.
The Bengals aren't that good but are better.... not as dysfunctional as they used to be.
I went with Dalton though because Stafford is better than he is.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris777 View Post

I took out some obvious ones which would skew this poll like Sanchez, Romo, and Tebow.
i just do not have romo in that pathetically low of a tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't expect RG3 to be healthy enough to do so

:\

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Matts, Schaub and Ryan, would be a top my list.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Maybe I just absolutely hate Matt Schaub because every time I talk about him or post about him it's something negative - despite the fact that I think he's a solid QB - but I don't associate him with being a winner or a great leader. And I simply cannot fathom him winning a Super Bowl. The only way he wins is if he's a backup. That team is absolutely stacked. The Texans have as much talent as 95% of the league (I did the calculations), but he's going to hold them back for as long as he's there. It's always been my opinion.
+1. And it's not a Titans homer bagging the rivals thing, Luck in his rookie year has shown more to me on his chances of being a SB QB than Schaub ever has and not only because Luck hasn't had a chance yet to disprove it - I mean he has literally already shown more of the edge usually needed to achieve it.

Down the stretch and into the playoffs the Texans seemed to treat Schaub with kiddy gloves and the offense started to resemble the same one Yates ran in 2011. It was a bit odd. I suspect they too have their doubts about Schaub passing his way to victory.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Schaub has 4, 5, 6 years left... he doesn't have a ton of wear & tear on him, and look at the old QB's these days.
That team is good.

For me it was between Dalton and Stafford.
The Lions suck. Dysfunctional.
The Bengals aren't that good but are better.... not as dysfunctional as they used to be.
I went with Dalton though because Stafford is better than he is.
But he can't stay healthy, if he can't stay healthy in his late 20s how is he going to in his mid 30s?

I think it's kind of absurd to say Schaub has a better chance of winning than Dalton or Stafford. To say the Lions and Bengals are still going to be a dysfunctional team in 8-10 years, when these guys are still playing is hard to do.

If for no other reason than the ones I've already listed, I think Schaub has to be on the list because he's the the oldest. He's got 4 years max.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
+1. And it's not a Titans homer bagging the rivals thing, Luck in his rookie year has shown more to me on his chances of being a SB QB than Schaub ever has and not only because Luck hasn't had a chance yet to disprove it - I mean he has literally already shown more of the edge usually needed to achieve it.

Down the stretch and into the playoffs the Texans seemed to treat Schaub with kiddy gloves and the offense started to resemble the same one Yates ran in 2011. It was a bit odd. I suspect they too have their doubts about Schaub passing his way to victory.
Exactly. It's not a division rival thing at all. Luck is good, Luck is already a better QB than Schaub. Luck has shown he can carry a team. Schaub has not.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Dalton. He can't make all the throws. And if you can't make all the throws you're gonna have a hard time making it to the SB.

This last SB was a great display of arm talent. Both quarterbacks had rockets connected to their shoulders.

Dalton, in his 2 playoff games, was clearly gameplanned for. They dared him to make arm throws all game and he could not consistently deliver those throws. That will be his downfall if he doesn't somehow try to improve his arm strength and deepball accuracy. Perhaps he can take notes from Peyton and condition his body so he can generate more power from his legs and core, but whatever he has to do, he better figure it out. Bc he's limited and it's holding back what could be a potent Cinncy offense.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I went with Dalton. He can't make all the throws. And if you can't make all the throws you're gonna have a hard time making it to the SB.

This last SB was a great display of arm talent. Both quarterbacks had rockets connected to their shoulders.

Dalton, in his 2 playoff games, was clearly gameplanned for. They dared him to make arm throws all game and he could not consistently deliver those throws. That will be his downfall if he doesn't somehow try to improve his arm strength and deepball accuracy. Perhaps he can take notes from Peyton and condition his body so he can generate more power from his legs and core, but whatever he has to do, he better figure it out. Bc he's limited and it's holding back what could be a potent Cinncy offense.
But doesn't u knowz? Teh arm strengthz is the easiest thing to fix!

I'd link to that thread, but I'm sure you saw it.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote