Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell, I wouldn't be afraid to draft the top QB and then use my second pick on another QB, if I liked the guy enough.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
When you need a qb, value goes out the window. You get a qb.
Doesn't make the decision right. How many #1 overall QB busts do we have to see before we learn that lesson?

My argument isn't about QB being the pick. The argument is Geno.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

value is the worst term used associated with the draft. the worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Doesn't make the decision right. How many #1 overall QB busts do we have to see before we learn that lesson?

I think with the rookie wage scale it's the right pick even if he's a bust. Bc now you can afford the risk. And the reward far out gains the risk.

I need to study Geno. I don't have an opinion of him yet.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Right. As if it's an investment someone is going to liquidate later. Doesn't make any sense at all. You draft the player you intend to use.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Value is subjective. Last April, people laughed at the Seahawks draft. Now they look pretty smart.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Odd coming from a Giants fan who's team is one of the most strict when it comes to drafting value over need and 2 Super Bowl wins in 3 years.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you mean used by the teams when choosing who the pick, or the media and public saying that a pick was 'bad value' and that the pick was a 'reach'?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think with the rookie wage scale it's the right pick even if he's a bust. Bc now you can afford the risk. And the reward far out gains the risk.

I need to study Geno. I don't have an opinion of him yet.
That's a good point about the rookie wage scale. Teams can better afford the financial bust, but they will strill struggle with the value of the pick if the player busts. I don't think Geno is the worst thing. I mainly like debating. :)
Old 02-05-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We see busts everywhere in the draft. Should teams just not pick players anymore? Too much risk of them busting?

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's a good point about the rookie wage scale. Teams can better afford the financial bust, but they will strill struggle with the value of the pick if the player busts. I don't think Geno is the worst thing. I mainly like debating. :)
The picks are actually more valuable with the rookie wage scale. Good luck trading a top 5 pick a few years ago. You can recover financially quicker but that doesn't mean you have to worry any less about picking a bust.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
We see busts everywhere in the draft. Should teams just not pick players anymore? Too much risk of them busting?
I'd like to see a draft where teams just refused to make a pick. It'd be hilarious for the first two or three picks. I'd laugh about it, also, on Day 3 when they were still doing it. I'd probably have to skip day 2.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Odd coming from a Giants fan who's team is one of the most strict when it comes to drafting value over need and 2 Super Bowl wins in 3 years.
what? The giants have lucked out with guys falling to their later picks ala Prince. I'm not sure which picks you're talking about that didn't address needs. The Giants have drafted well because they've been able to balance value and need.

Quote:
Do you mean used by the teams when choosing who the pick, or the media and public saying that a pick was 'bad value' and that the pick was a 'reach'?
I'm talking people who say that QB A isn't worth pick 1...but is worth it at pick 5. Stupid things like that. What I meant by the value thing is you pick the guy who will help your team. If the BPA in the first for say GB, is a QB, should they pick him? LOOK AT THE VALUE.

No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If that's what you interpreted then ... well ... umm ... actually it doesn't surprise me anymore, SP.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
The picks are actually more valuable with the rookie wage scale. Good luck trading a top 5 pick a few years ago. You can recover financially quicker but that doesn't mean you have to worry any less about picking a bust.
It does when there is a player deemed worthy of the pick. This year's draft class lacks elite caliber talent, so that logic doesn't follow. I'm sure the Chiefs would love to do a trade down that still lets them get Geno. What do you think the likelihood of that is?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If that's what you interpreted then ... well ... umm ... actually it doesn't surprise me anymore, SP.
Hahaha what?

You actually think that I thought you meant the Chiefs should choose not to pick anyone because there's a chance of that player busting?

That wasn't what I interpreted from your post, I interpreted from your post that you don't think the Chiefs should pick Geno because of #1 pick QB's busting in the past, because that's what you said.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-05-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Hahaha what?

You actually think that I thought you meant the Chiefs should choose not to pick anyone because there's a chance of that player busting?

That wasn't what I interpreted from your post, I interpreted from your post that you don't think the Chiefs should pick Geno because of #1 pick QB's busting in the past, because that's what you said.
Nah, just bustin' your weak sarcasm.

You got it. I don't think they should take Geno. We'll see if they do or not.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Nah, just bustin' your weak sarcasm.

You got it. I don't think they should take Geno. We'll see if they do or not.
Ah yes, 'just bustin' my weak sarcasm'...Nice save!

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-05-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if Reid determines Ryan Nassib is the quarterback he likes most or even one of the other less touted quarterbacks? Should they be the first overall pick?

He's proven with AJ Feeley, Kevin Kolb, Michael Vick (to an extent) and Nick Foles that he can make quarterbacks into more than capable signals callers under his tutelage.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

I'm probably wrong, but I have this strange gut feeling that they're going to take EJ Manuel. It might be in the second round or later, or he might start "flying up draft boards" around Combine time.

I'm pretty sure that I'm wrong, though. That's just a feeling I have.

Last edited by WCH : 02-05-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
What if Reid determines Ryan Nassib is the quarterback he likes most or even one of the other less touted quarterbacks? Should they be the first overall pick?

He's proven with AJ Feeley, Kevin Kolb, Michael Vick (to an extent) and Nick Foles that he can make quarterbacks into more than capable signals callers under his tutelage.
None of those qbs were any good and he didn't win a thing with any of them. The only one who he had moderate success with was Vick, and he was a 1 overall pick.

Kolb played like 2 good games under Reid and Feeley managed around 3 or 4. Big deal. That's not a lot of success.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
None of those qbs were any good and he didn't win a thing with any of them. The only one who he had moderate success with was Vick, and he was a 1 overall pick.

Kolb played like 2 good games under Reid and Feeley managed around 3 or 4. Big deal. That's not a lot of success.
He had gotten Vick after the whole dog fighting thing and teams were scared to take a risk on him. It's not like he drafted him coming out of Virginia Tech.

He made Kolb look far better in games than most predicted and Kolb hasn't benefited from being traded away. AJ Feeley was garbage elsewhere. Point I'm getting at is that Reid is able to work with a given skill set and maximize a quarterback's abilities better than most.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And he won exactly how many playoff games with those guys?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He had gotten Vick after the whole dog fighting thing and teams were scared to take a risk on him. It's not like he drafted him coming out of Virginia Tech.

He made Kolb look far better in games than most predicted and Kolb hasn't benefited from being traded away. AJ Feeley was garbage elsewhere. Point I'm getting at is that Reid is able to work with a given skill set and maximize a quarterback's abilities better than most.
Right. So why wouldn't he want to do that with the best qb in the draft? Why would he want to do it with a lesser qb?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they won't draft a QB first round, but 2nd. or use their second to trade back into the mid to late 1st.