Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-05-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
IrishBoy93
Rookie

IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default First real Offseason Mock Draft

-

1. Kansas City- Geno Smith, QB, WVU
2. Jacksonville- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
3. Oakland- DeMontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
4. Philadelphia- Bjoern Werner, OLB, Florida State
5. Detroit- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
6. Cleveland- Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
7. Arizona- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
8. Buffalo- Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
9. New York Jets- Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
10. Tennessee- Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU
11. San Diego- Jonathan Hankins, NT, Ohio State
12. Miami- Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
13. Tampa Bay- Jonathan Banks, CB, Miss State
14. Carolina- Jessie Williams, DT, Alabama
15. New Orleans- Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
16. St. Louis- Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
17. Pittsburgh- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
18. Dallas- Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
19. New York Giants- Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
20. Chicago- Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
21. Cincinnati- Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame
22. St. Louis- Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
23. Minnesota- DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
24. Indianapolis- Barrett Jones, OT, Alabama
25. Seattle- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
26. Green Bay- Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
27. Houston- John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
28. Denver- Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
29. New England- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
30. Atlanta- Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
31. San Francisco- Matt Elam, S, Florida
32. Baltimore- Travis Fredrick, OG, Wisconsin
IrishBoy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dion Jordan for the Saints over Sheldon Richardson.

In case you are not aware, the Saints are moving to a 3-4 defense. Even if you envision Richardson as a DE in the 3-4, the Saints already have Cameron Jordan and Akiem Hicks to play end in the new system. Both were 3-4 DEs in college and are better-suited for that role.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
IrishBoy93
Rookie

IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder View Post
Dion Jordan for the Saints over Sheldon Richardson.

In case you are not aware, the Saints are moving to a 3-4 defense. Even if you envision Richardson as a DE in the 3-4, the Saints already have Cameron Jordan and Akiem Hicks to play end in the new system. Both were 3-4 DEs in college and are better-suited for that role.
I get what you're saying, but I don't think Hicks is a locked in for a starting role. I do think they will need pass-rushing, but I wouldn't be shocked if they started with the line and looked to add multiple pass rushers in the mid-late rounds.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offensive guard isn't a need at all for the Ravens with Osemele and Yanda playing there. Frederick could play center but I really doubt the team would invest a high draft pick on that position without seeing what Gradkowski can do as a starter first since they just took him with a fairly high pick last season.

That's a pretty tough board for the Ravens but Arthur Brown is still available. He would be one of my favorite picks regardless of what the board is like when Baltimore picks but I know there's quite the range of varying opinions on him. I could see Okafor as the pick in that situation too. He's not one of my favorite prospects but the pass-rush needs to be addressed.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBoy93 View Post
I get what you're saying, but I don't think Hicks is a locked in for a starting role. I do think they will need pass-rushing, but I wouldn't be shocked if they started with the line and looked to add multiple pass rushers in the mid-late rounds.
Trust me, Hicks is a lock. He was one of the lone bright spots on a bad defense, and is better suited to play in a 3-4. Down the stretch, he got plenty playing time and acquitted himself well.

There is depth in this draft on the defensive line and the Saints will be looking to add a dynamic pass-rusher, especially if Mingo, Jones, or Jordan fall to them. If not, then I think offensive tackle or even a player like Alec Ogletree might intrigue them.

Besides, Richardson is better suited for the 3-techique in an even front. I am sorry, the pick just does not make sense for the Saints, especially with Jordan on the board.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
IrishBoy93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Offensive guard isn't a need at all for the Ravens with Osemele and Yanda playing there. Frederick could play center but I really doubt the team would invest a high draft pick on that position without seeing what Gradkowski can do as a starter first since they just took him with a fairly high pick last season.

That's a pretty tough board for the Ravens but Arthur Brown is still available. He would be one of my favorite picks regardless of what the board is like when Baltimore picks but I know there's quite the range of varying opinions on him. I could see Okafor as the pick in that situation too. He's not one of my favorite prospects but the pass-rush needs to be addressed.

I think when it's all said and done, I think the Ravens move out of the first round. Some needs, not enough money. I put Fredrick there because he was my GB pick at first. For the Ravens, he could be the C. I agree to a point this is rather high, but do you reach for a LB like Brown, S like Reid?

Okafor is interesting as a pick. I didn't consider him.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Ed Reed isn't with the team next season there's a big hole at FS so Eric Reid could be an option. I wouldn't like that at all though, he just doesn't impress me especially as a rangy safety that they need next to Pollard.

As for the Ravens trading back, that's always a possibility but they're going to have some quality compensation picks coming their way. That limits the urgency to trade back to get more picks. The money issue is interesting but I don't think that's going to be a big factor in terms of the draft.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
IrishBoy93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
If Ed Reed isn't with the team next season there's a big hole at FS so Eric Reid could be an option. I wouldn't like that at all though, he just doesn't impress me especially as a rangy safety that they need next to Pollard.

As for the Ravens trading back, that's always a possibility but they're going to have some quality compensation picks coming their way. That limits the urgency to trade back to get more picks. The money issue is interesting but I don't think that's going to be a big factor in terms of the draft.

I just don't think Reid is a first rounder, tbh. I like him in round 2. Not to mention, Jefferson, Thomas, McDonald, I think there's a bunch of options they could get at the end of round 2. At least one of them should be there.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone picked after Ertz would be light years better for the Bears
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teo isnt a good pick.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, SWEET Miami pick! Nice work!

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please Irish I beg you, stop unloading Glennon on us PLEASE!

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good KC pick.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very sexy pick for sf. Could use a big play maker at safety.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this was probably forgotten, but you do not have any Joeckel in your mock, GIMME DAT for SD at 11, Hankins is boarderline 1st for me, and we already have a stop gap NT in Franklin who played amazing last year, and Cam Thomas is looking good for the future.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ogletree over Te'o is a much better pick for the Bengals.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote