Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default If the "Love Boat" happened under Goodell?

If the Vikings' Love Boat scandal happened under Roger Goodell's new strict rules, would he suspend that many players at once?

I apologize if this has already been a thread.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's tough to say but it surely wasn't a good time in Vikings history

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hhhmmm i think it would handled the same

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in the context of history.
EVERYONE DIES!

well. maybe not really. actually not even a little.

but i can sense impending doom overshadowing the vikes if that happens.
maybe blacking out their home games? that would put a damper on everyones spirits.

it's sad, because childress is a good man. marmion pride.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
in the context of history.
EVERYONE DIES!

well. maybe not really. actually not even a little.

but i can sense impending doom overshadowing the vikes if that happens.
maybe blacking out their home games? that would put a damper on everyones spirits.

it's sad, because childress is a good man. marmion pride.
What in the hell are you talking about?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
What in the hell are you talking about?
I'll co-sign that.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

correct. spastic post indeed.

what's the ultimate punishment the NFL can dish out? blackouts. in my opinion. suspending the entire team wouldn't serve anyone's interest, cut the pay off, blackout the show, and let the fans basically wreck havoc over the organization for not being able to control their players.
and i would feel bad for brad childress if that ever happen. he's a good man, went to the school i grew up next to.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but that would just hurt us fans, and we didn't do any thing :(

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
but that would just hurt us fans, and we didn't do any thing :(
And it wouldn't hurt the players at all, they'd get to keep their money. Sure it would hurt their reputation, but you'd have to at least take the big bats out on the fines.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smoot would probably have gotten 4 games suspension and the rest might have had one or just a heavy fine.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would laugh.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think thats his point. I kind of agree, hopefully in a more literate way, but I agree. Suspensions arent good for the fans. I wouldnt care if the stripper that Pacman apparently slapped was my sister, I would still prefer to watch him returning kicks and playing CB than whoever replaces him.

Scarlett is so yummy :)

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
correct. spastic post indeed.

what's the ultimate punishment the NFL can dish out? blackouts. in my opinion. suspending the entire team wouldn't serve anyone's interest, cut the pay off, blackout the show, and let the fans basically wreck havoc over the organization for not being able to control their players.
and i would feel bad for brad childress if that ever happen. he's a good man, went to the school i grew up next to.
You can have him !
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:58 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
You can have him !
yeah, Childress blows.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good question.

I guess we'll never know b/c Paul Tagliabue was still commish, but it's something to ponder.

I find it rather ironic that some1 with the s/n, "Severe Punishment" has a reply to this thread.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears9654 View Post
Good question.

I guess we'll never know b/c Paul Tagliabue was still commish, but it's something to ponder.

I find it rather ironic that some1 with the s/n, "Severe Punishment" has a reply to this thread.
interesting observation.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It's tough to say but it surely wasn't a good time in Vikings history
What time was a good time in the vikings history?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you look at the timing of the Love Boat situation, it was right around when Henry and Pacman were really starting to get into their "primes". The Love Boat helped push the NFL to the stricter policies that it adopted after. I think that Goodell probably would have not done anything more than Tagliabue, but it would have resulted in quicker and stronger steps towards the current rules. Basically, it would have pushed the timetable forward about 18 months.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Nightmares Win 6-0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

what difference does it make?

what a stupid thread...
Nightmares Win 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote