Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Free Agency - Connect the dots!

Make the connections between Free Agents, previous coaches they played for, & team needs.

ie.

Team: Dallas Cowboys
Need: S
FA: Ronde Barber
Played under: Monte Kiffin

Need: CB
FA: Sheldon Brown
Played under: Jerome Henderson

Team: New Orleans Saints
Need: DE/OLB
FA: Anthony Spencer
Played under: Rob Ryan

Need: DT
FA: Henry Melton
Played under: Rod Marinelli

Need: OG
FA: Brandon Moore
Played under: Bill Callahan
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dallas Cowboys have a team thread right?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team: Miami Dolphins
Need: WR
FA: Greg Jennings
Played under: Joe Philbin
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jon Gruden, Cowboys, basically assembled his whole former staff to lure him out of the booth. Maybe Jerry should put a call in to see what Dexter Jackson is up to these days.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team: Indianapolis Colts
FA: Ed Reed
Played under: Chuck Pagano (twice)

Need: OLB
FA: Paul Kruger
Played under: Chuck Pagano

FA: Cary Williams
Played under: Chuck Pagano

FA: Shaun Philips
Played under: Greg Manusky

FA: Antwan Barnes

Need: NT
FA: Aubrayo Franklin

Need: DE
FA: Ricky Jean-Francois

FA: Dashon Goldson

FA: Louis Vasquez
Played under: Hal Hunter

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 02-11-2013 at 09:09 AM.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post

WE GOT A COP.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I get your sarcasm, but that's not what this is about. Sorry that I mainly listed Cowboys examples which made you think that I only wanted to talk about the Cowboys, but I just went off of what I knew from the top of my head. I knew there were many other examples out there for many other teams and I thought it would be a cool exercise to see think linkages out there which could help predict how this offseason could potentially go.

killswitch got the point. Solid list!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas Cowboys cap space: $-18.2 million.
New Orleans Saints cap space: $-14.7 million.

Henry Melton's getting franchised if he can't be extended, son.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Dallas Cowboys cap space: $-18.2 million.

Henry Melton's getting franchised if he can't be extended, son.
Yeah, there's no way I think the Cowboys are even going to target him.

Maybe I should've said "for example" instead of "ie".

Barber will probably retire or stay with the Bucs. Saints don't have the money to go for Spencer either. Those were just examples. Cool down my friend.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers
FA: Bowe
Played under Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Steelers
FA: Bowe
Played under Haley
I really don't see Pitt giving Bowe the kinda money he is going to want. I see him going to the highest bidder.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team: Chicago Bears
Need: LT
FA: Jermon Bushrod
Played under: Aaron Kromer
Old 02-06-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team: Cincinnati Bengals
Need: DE
FA: Frostee Rucker
Played Under: Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
Need: LT
FA: Jermon Bushrod
Played under: Aaron Kromer
Sadly, this is true. Hopefully his market isn't ridiculous. He's better than PFF numbers say he is, but he's certainly not a franchise LT. Give me Will Beatty any day.

Justin Durant and Derek Cox played under Mel Tucker I think. If some team wants to give us a second for Tim Jennings, I'll happily take Derek Cox just so I can hear the announcer say that a receiver was "covered by Cox."

Last edited by ChiFan24 : 02-06-2013 at 05:35 PM.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I really don't see Pitt giving Bowe the kinda money he is going to want. I see him going to the highest bidder.
im holding out hope that every dime they stiffed wallace on is going to be going towards luring bowe in.

Bowe would have a brandon marshall-esque year with roethlisberger, he would simply be fed the ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks
Disgruntled Percy Harvin
Darrell Bevell was his first OC in Minnesota

I would be ecstatic if they traded for him.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FA: Louis Vasquez
Played under: Hal Hunter

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-11-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team: New York Giants
Need: MLB
FA: Brian Urlacher
Played Under: Perry Fewell

FA: Leodis McKelvin
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would hate for us to get Anthony Spencer personally. He would want money I wouldn't want to spend on him.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
Need: MLB
FA: Brian Urlacher
Perry Fewell was DB coach for the one and only season he was in the same city as Urlacher, a linebacker. He never dealt with him. Don't know why the Giants would want him, anyway.

Need: Center
FA: Brian de la Puente
Played Under: Aaron Kromer

Last edited by Monomach : 02-11-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perry Fewell is a turd.

Only Perry Fewell would do something dumb like take our 2 best edge rushers and move them to DT on passing downs where theyre rendered irrelevant. Brilliant Perry. Brilliant.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Perry Fewell is a turd.

Only Perry Fewell would do something dumb like take our 2 best edge rushers and move them to DT on passing downs where theyre rendered irrelevant. Brilliant Perry. Brilliant.
I thought that was the essence of the Nascar package that won you guys two SBs. Maybe I am not getting what you're saying, can you explain?

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-11-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints won't be huge players, but a LOT of dead weight is going to be cut quickly, especially given how poorly they fit the scheme change(Vilma and Smith).
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team: Washington Redskins
Need: RT
FA: Ryan Clady
Played Under: Shanny (drafted by)
Old 02-11-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clady plays LT, unless the Redskins pay him LT money he's not gonna make the move.

O and Redskins don't really have the money anyways
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote