Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-01-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason why he's a 2nd round grade to me is bc he lacks elite tools for a ILB which makes it hard for you to be a 1st rounder at that position. Also I looked at this clip of him and weighted it pretty heavily:

That was vs Bob and the spread option. He struggled in this game. We have to consider that bc of the spread option being so important and prominent in the NFC and in our division in particular.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could we be interested in Jarvis Jones if he falls? He's a great talent, but the injury concerns are there for him. If he checks out fine, then he could be a great steal. Looks to be in the mold of a Von Miller-type (probably not THAT good though), we could use him as a pass-rushing OLB, like we wanted to with Kiwi.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno. That's a luxury pick and with all our needs I wouldn't move up for a luxury pick.

I rather move up for Ansah or Fisher.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:00 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I dunno. That's a luxury pick and with all our needs I wouldn't move up for a luxury pick.

I rather move up for Ansah or Fisher.
Oh, I'm not talking about moving up for him, I've just seen some places that he might be in for a drop to around where we are picking. If so, would we consider him? I mean, if he turns out to be Von Miller, or something close to him, it would negate our need for a DE for passrushing purposes to an extent.

Quote:
Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

What do you guys think about taking Barkevious Mingo in the first?

Also, is there any chance that Bjoern Werner falls to the Giants pick? He would be a great 4-3 LDE.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
What do you guys think about taking Barkevious Mingo in the first?

Also, is there any chance that Bjoern Werner falls to the Giants pick? He would be a great 4-3 LDE.
I'm not very high on Mingo to be honest. Like others better than him if we go for a passrusher in the first round.

If by some sick twist Werner is available when we pick, I demand we take him. But he will probably be long gone at 19...

Quote:
Old 02-05-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Werner comes off as a RE in my eyes. I don't think he can set the edge well in the NFL.

Ansah really is the perfect LE for us. It just makes so much sense for us. But I just don't see him being there at 19.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question: Would you trade up for Ziggy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

What's the cost? I'd lean towards no bc we have a lot of needs. But if it was a 1st and 2nd, and he blows up the combine, then i would give it strong consideration.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's the cost? I'd lean towards no bc we have a lot of needs. But if it was a 1st and 2nd, and he blows up the combine, then i would give it strong consideration.
that's the big question. a 1st and a 2nd is a LOT to give up. it's tough and a hypothetical with so many different situations. it's interesting because there are a lot of guys we can get that fit our needs by staying put at 19, but Ansah just seems so perfect.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
that's the big question. a 1st and a 2nd is a LOT to give up. it's tough and a hypothetical with so many different situations. it's interesting because there are a lot of guys we can get that fit our needs by staying put at 19, but Ansah just seems so perfect.
I'd probably lean against it. Now if its a 1st and 4th? Hell yeah. A 1st and 3rd? Maybe.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd probably lean against it. Now if its a 1st and 4th? Hell yeah. A 1st and 3rd? Maybe.
It all depends on how Ansah projects and the potential cost to trade up (either in player or picks).
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the trade value chart, if we wanted to trade up:

Our 1st and 2nd gets us around #8

Our 1st and 3rd gets us around #15
Old 02-06-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After today's cuts. LB to me is by far you biggest need. Really two of them.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Ogletree makes sense. Someone who can cover.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I don't think we draft a LB early

I think we will go the free agent route, much like we have in the past when we brought in guys like Barrow, Arrington, Pierce and Boley.

I could see us resigning Rivers cheaply and bringing in someone like Erin Henderson (Vikings).
Old 02-06-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
so after we cut our starting DT and RB, LB is now our biggest need?

Close but no cigar.
Quote:
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so after we cut our starting DT and RB, LB is now our biggest need?

Close but no cigar.
I think it is expected that between Andre Brown and David Wilson have RB covered.

Considering Thomas is likely done, even if Webster is back I think CB is at least as high a priority as LB

I would rate our current priority of needs as follows:

1. DT
2. CB
3. LB
4. OL
5. WR
6. DE
Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, not worried about LB at all. Grab a few FA's, draft a couple guys late and problem solved.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yall are under-rating our need for a DE. Tuck is a bum at this point, Kiwi's not special, and Trattou and Ojomo are completely unknowns who probably aren't special either. Definitely a higher priority need than LB, and in the same tier as DT, DB and OG.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Yall are under-rating our need for a DE. Tuck is a bum at this point, Kiwi's not special, and Trattou and Ojomo are completely unknowns who probably aren't special either. Definitely a higher priority need than LB, and in the same tier as DT, DB and OG.
hey, i've been with you on the DE bandwagon. However, DT and if we cut Webster, CB, may go ahead of it, if we move Kiwi full time to DE (which we freaking should)
Quote:
Old 02-07-2013, 02:47 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

I don't think this first wave of cuts necessarily changes our needs that much. I would still want us to go some combination of CB/DE/OL in the first three rounds.

They just reveal what we need in the later rounds. a DT, LBs and possibly a RB are all needs now. But we can address those in the later rounds/FA.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2013, 02:49 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Does anyone know, do we still get compensatory picks for the players we cut if they sign big contracts elsewhere, or do we have to lose them in free agency to get the extra picks?

Quote:
Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Does anyone know, do we still get compensatory picks for the players we cut if they sign big contracts elsewhere, or do we have to lose them in free agency to get the extra picks?
Lose them in FA. If they are cut then there is no compensation.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Lose them in FA. If they are cut then there is no compensation.
Oh, ok. Kinda figured. But with all these cuts it would be sweet to get comp picks for them, lol :)

Quote: