Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man, very proud of the Pack organization right now. This is a very well done presentation for DD's retirement. Good stuff
Old 02-06-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, city of Green Bay stepping up

They are going to re-do that statue to have Driver's name on the back, his number and well obviously they'll change the little issue there in the skin color

Also got a street named after him. Donald Driver Way
Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Driver deserves it all

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahmad Bradshaw got released today...might he be an option at RB for us?

Old 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like he'd be cheap enough, but I'd be real worried about his durability. I fear he'd end up like Cedrick this year- OK for a bit, gets hurt, then we are looking at a horrible pile of committee backs
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Donald Driver Way."

I like the sound of that.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finally watched the whole thing from today..... I cried like a little baby again.
I REMEMBER that 1999 preseason and this skinny-legged wide-eyed, big smile, hustling longshot.

I also remember seeing him and his little guy Christian at our church here in Grapevine in the summer of 2006. I was amazed at how thin his legs were.... I have chicken legs. I think mine were a little thicker than his.

And this guy was rarely out injured, whereas so many of our big guys now break down like ***** glass plates.

I'm gonna miss Donald so much and I am so thankful for all the great memories he's given to us.
With class.

I know so many people nowadays worship money, jobs, famous people, etc.. But I respect Driver so much for thanking God and mentioning Jesus Christ. He's very much like Reggie White in that regard. Lombardi used to value that aspect of his men, so does McCarthy and Ted Thompson.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monday, 09/09/13, @ Dallas, ESPN Game-1
Sunday, 09/15/13, vs Washington
Sunday, 09/22/13, vs Atlanta, NBC
Sunday, 09/29/13, @ Detroit
Sunday, 10/06/13, @ Minnesota
Sunday, 10/13/13, vs Philadelphia
Sunday, 10/20/13, @ Chicago
Sunday, 10/27/13, vs Pittsburgh, NBC
Sunday, 11/03/13 BYE WEEK
Thursday, 11/7/13, @ San Francisco, NFL Network
Sunday, 11/17/13, vs Minnesota
Sunday, 11/24/13, vs Cleveland
Sunday, 12/01/13, @ NY Giants, NBC
Sunday, 12/08/13, vs Detroit
Sunday, 12/15/13, @ Cincinnati
Monday, 12/23/13, @ Baltimore, ESPN
Sunday, 12/29/13, vs Chicago

We don't find out until April, but if I could schedule it, here's what I have.
I give us a huge advantage over the 49ers with us having a bye week, and them a short week. Reverse the roles from the playoff week.
Also, I am reversing the injuriezzzz too. Our OL will be the one that has ZERO missed starts from our original 5 like those *****s amazingly had.
And instead of our starting ILB/OLB Bishop/Perry going out early, it will be their Willis/Brooks.
And they lose Dashon Goldson to a neck like we lost Collins.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I know we are not players in free agency, and I tell that to everyone. Don't get your hopes up.

But let me ax you guys this hypothetical: If Teddy was to surprise everyone and bring in a FA for a one-year guarantee with a team option after that.... which ONE of these guys would you prefer? Who would help this defense more?

These are names I have seen floating around, either FAs or released, about to be released perhaps, etc.

Safety Laron Landry
Safety Louis Delmas
DE Chris Canty
DE Tyson Jackson
ILB Rey Maualuga
OLB James Harrison

Some others are Henry Melton, Justin Durant, Philip Wheeler, and of course a lot of Cheeseheads want Paul Freddy Kruger.
Victor Butler is an interesting one for me, OLB.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I know we are not players in free agency, and I tell that to everyone. Don't get your hopes up.

But let me ax you guys this hypothetical: If Teddy was to surprise everyone and bring in a FA for a one-year guarantee with a team option after that.... which ONE of these guys would you prefer? Who would help this defense more?

These are names I have seen floating around, either FAs or released, about to be released perhaps, etc.

Safety Laron Landry
Safety Louis Delmas
DE Chris Canty
DE Tyson Jackson
ILB Rey Maualuga
OLB James Harrison

Some others are Henry Melton, Justin Durant, Philip Wheeler, and of course a lot of Cheeseheads want Paul Freddy Kruger.
Victor Butler is an interesting one for me, OLB.
There isn't a single part of me that believes Metlton or Kruger would sign to what the Packers will offer. Unless, they just want to win.

From the names listed

1a. Chris Canty
1b. Rey Maualuga

2a. Philip Wheeler
2b. Justin Durant

I think the front seven could use a personality like Rey. His leadership reminds me a lot of Nick Barnett's. I wouldn't mind Philip, if he comes cheap

I don't want anything to do with Harrison, Jackson, Landry, and Demlas isn't an upgrade
Old 02-08-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kruger Kruger Kruger!!!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Do u guys really think TT is gonna make a splash in FA this year? Bec i dont think we grab ne big name guys. TT likes to DD (Draft n Develop)
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No we won't do anything again. Just wishful thinking. We do have a lot of high priced deals we need to do so its understandable this time.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I want Matthews to get a new mega-deal BEFORE Rodgers does.
His current is up a year before Rodgers. Fair is fair.
And he's played for more of a bargain, for EVERY YEAR as a PACKER, than Rodgers current salary is.

Pay the defensive MVP first.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Pack about to release Woodson
Old 02-15-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Sad to see this but it's the right decision for the organization

helps free up $10 mill and they'll need it for extensions for guys like Clay and Rodgers. I expect AJ Hawk to be released soon

Thanks for the memories, C-wood! One of the Packers best FA pickup's, on par with when they got Reggie White IMO. Huge impact on the team and the D. Great leader, great teacher to the young DB's

this is a big offseason for the Pack. They have now lost 2 of their leaders in Driver and Woodson.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

I still hold hope they resign him to less.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'm not seeing it

his agent's quotes, etc seem to indicate both sides have agreed to just move on
Old 02-15-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Yea doesn't sound like it.. it wasn't a surprise he was cut I just hope AJ goes with him. I absolutely loved Woodson. Its been tough offseason for me... him, Jennings ( another big time favourite of mine) and Driver who everyone loves. It'll be weird.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a Packers fan, but there's something I'm curious about. With Woodson gone, does that mean GB goes to a straight 3-4 defense? Or will they keep the 2-4 D and replace CW with Jarrett Bush or Casey Hayward (who I read can also play a hybrid CB/S)?
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I'm not seeing it

his agent's quotes, etc seem to indicate both sides have agreed to just move on
Yeah, it sounds like this isn't just a money thing. The Packers want to get younger and faster on defense and Woodson understands that this is a business and these types of moves happen.

I grew up rooting for Michigan in the 90's, so I'm just happy as crap that I got to watch him dominate for both of my two favorite teams. His Heisman year was something I'll still remember when I'm old and in a nursing home. I've had a lot of fun watching him play over the years, and I hope he does well with his next team.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

No Donald, Greg, and Chuck next year along with possibly AJ Hawk...we be getting younger!

Old 02-15-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
I'm not a Packers fan, but there's something I'm curious about. With Woodson gone, does that mean GB goes to a straight 3-4 defense? Or will they keep the 2-4 D and replace CW with Jarrett Bush or Casey Hayward (who I read can also play a hybrid CB/S)?
I think we may see more base 3-4 but it won't necessarily be because of Woodson's departure. It is hard to stop the run with only two down linemen and stopping the run was a big weakness last season. Trogvac made comments shortly after the season ended that they may need to bring in more traditional 3-4 ends.

The 2-4 will still be used and McMillian probably has the most potential for that hybrid DB/LB role but will be in only his second year.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

We've now lost Collins, Woodson, Jennings & Driver all from the Championship team.
Those are 4 big "Packers" to replace. Plus of course Cullen Jenkins has not been replaced yet either.

It's tough to get to the top twice these days.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Plenty of tank left in Woodson. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...videos_woodson