Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-07-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah late round would be good. However, his talent is so high, I doubt he gets there. Someone will take a flyer on him and develop him. Just too much talent for him to drop that far. This draft is deep at OL. I want us to invest in a young guy we can start early and leave.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Do we have the balls to cut Snee? I mean does the whole son-in-law thing factor in?

We have a DD, Snee, Rolle, Tuck and Webster.
Doing some more research, Snee's final year 2014 is reportedly voidable.

That could mean if the final year is voidable, we could save $6,750,000 by cutting Snee. I do think it could be a long shot, but could be influenced by how bad his hip is.

I think ideally the front office would like to keep Snee, Baas and Beatty to build the Oline around.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the Oline, I really could see this as our plan of attack.

1. re-sign Beatty

2. draft DJ Fluker

3. draft Guard in mid rounds

4. rework Diehl's deal to vet minimum

Here is why, with Beatty, Baas and Snee we have the core of our line and veteran leadership for our young guys.

Fluker would start at LG, he is huge and mobile and would really open holes for our run game.

We have Brewer and Mosley who the front office like at RT; If they don't work out we have Fluker.

With a developmental Guard/Center we are adding depth and groom someone to replace Snee or Baas.

Diehl fills the swing backup role filled last year by Locklear
Old 02-07-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Looking at the Oline, I really could see this as our plan of attack.

1. re-sign Beatty

2. draft DJ Fluker

3. draft Guard in mid rounds

4. rework Diehl's deal to vet minimum

Here is why, with Beatty, Baas and Snee we have the core of our line and veteran leadership for our young guys.

Fluker would start at LG, he is huge and mobile and would really open holes for our run game.

We have Brewer and Mosley who the front office like at RT; If they don't work out we have Fluker.

With a developmental Guard/Center we are adding depth and groom someone to replace Snee or Baas.

Diehl fills the swing backup role filled last year by Locklear

Is Beatty and Boothe the best we can do? I'd go OT in the first round replace Beatty. Lance Johnson and Eric Fischer are going to be studs I believe on the right team, in the right system. Brewer I'd give a shot with, and Snee can't be counted on with his hip, coming off of surgery. Baas is a china doll and still has yet to play up to his contract and I think we need to re-build that OL before it falls apart completely.

I agree BPA is the best, but ideally, OL must be addressed. This is Eli's prime and so we should have a sense of urgency to protect him. The offense is our driving force not our defense. It's not like we are the 9ers here where our defense is going to be counted on throughout the season. We now have to put our faith in our offense. And that starts in the trenches.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Is Beatty and Boothe the best we can do? I'd go OT in the first round replace Beatty. Lance Johnson and Eric Fischer are going to be studs I believe on the right team, in the right system. Brewer I'd give a shot with, and Snee can't be counted on with his hip, coming off of surgery. Baas is a china doll and still has yet to play up to his contract and I think we need to re-build that OL before it falls apart completely.

I agree BPA is the best, but ideally, OL must be addressed. This is Eli's prime and so we should have a sense of urgency to protect him. The offense is our driving force not our defense. It's not like we are the 9ers here where our defense is going to be counted on throughout the season. We now have to put our faith in our offense. And that starts in the trenches.
Good points, I would love to see a dominant physical oline. One guy I really like is DJ Fluker, either as a RT or LG; but there are plenty of options

If Beatty doesn't resign, is Brewer up to playing LT?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

We have resigned DT Shaun Rogers

I like this move, it gives us solid depth and assuming the blood clot issue is resolved, gives us some options.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh. I'm not thrilled with it. He sucks now. Can't stay on the field. Out of shape, old. He probably won't make it out of the preseason.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

talking about the Oline, do you think is it worth considering switching Snee and Baas?

Snee doesn't seem to have that same physicality and would do well leading the line calls etc, while Baas seems like he could be a better fit at guard?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Na, age is age. Remember when we thought moving Diehl to G would work when he was losing his edge? He sucked at G too. When you get old you get old. Moving positions won't do much good.

And Baas is getting used to playing C now. He wasn't terrible last year. Another year there will do him some good.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I think Brewer is our RT option. So that leaves LT open.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

So looking at the roster it will come down to how well we drafted mid round picks AND developed them.

Brewer
McCants
Mosely
Capers

I mean we have those mid round draft picks. So now who can step up! If we did our job, perhaps we let Beatty go, and plug 2 guys at OT. I am not saying to do this, but if these guys have potential and were developed properly then that would be great!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not always about proper development, NYG. You should know that more than anyone. Most of these guys were late round picks. At best, you hope for them to become really good depth. If you get a starter out of it, that's awesome too. Sometimes it just doesn't happen though.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think Mosely is being developed as a G. McCants was very very raw and had terrible technique, but he had the physical tools to be something. So he's an open book, we have no idea what's his deal.

Brewer...I don't know. Every time I see him I'm not impressed. He's a waist bender, and he just doesn't look great out there.

I don't even remember who Capers is.

I'd like to see if Locklear can come back from that knee.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would agree that the team needs an overhaul on the OL and drafting a good one in round 1 has to be a solid option. I doubt seriously that Fisher is available when its the pick but Lance Johnson might be and would be ideal. Eli's throws too many interceptions and that might be equated to a weak LT that allows defenders to get at him too quickly. The 49ers and Baltimore show clearly that in an offensive league, OL plays a huge part in winning.

I don't think Brewer will ever be a starter in this league from what I saw of him at the Senior Bowl last year but Beatty may well continue to develope, I guess the GM and HC will have to decide how high his ceiling is given time, but Flucker would certainly add a dimention to RT.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I would love Lane Johnson but I doubt he's there. I see Johnson going off the board in the top 12 at latest. He's gonna blow up the combine and soar on draft boards.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We probably don't. But we should either restructure him or cut him. Think about it, at that salary, we could sign a guy like Andy Levitre or something.
If I hadn't just fapped on the drive home from work. I would be doing so right now. Our running game would be so much scarier with Andy clearing the path.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If I hadn't just fapped on the drive home from work. I would be doing so right now.
Ever fapp out the window and watch it shoot backwards while you're driving? It takes skill to pull that off friend.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ever fapp out the window and watch it shoot backwards while you're driving? It takes skill to pull that off friend.
Nah, I'm not from jersey, here in the midwest we're not as crafty with our fap.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I think Ezekiel Ansah goes top 10 and Lane Johnson top 12

so which FA oline do people think are realistic options?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Probably none. We can't afford any of them. It's gotta be all through the draft.

It's rebuilding time. We're not gonna be a complete team again for another 2 years or so. We had a nice 5 year run but these things happen. We'll rely on Eli for the next year or so while we rebuild the roster, and we'll field a SB caliber team again in 2 years if we draft well.

But I think our realistic ceiling for the next 2 years is that of a competitive playoff team who's not quite SB caliber.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
It's not always about proper development, NYG. You should know that more than anyone. Most of these guys were late round picks. At best, you hope for them to become really good depth. If you get a starter out of it, that's awesome too. Sometimes it just doesn't happen though.
Yeah, I agree. It's not a 100% thing that these guys can be starters. But I am saying for a team who prides itself on raw, developmental talent, then eventually we have to hit on it! LOL. If not, then don't invest in those players. That's the coaching part which I like actually. Trying to work with a guy and bringing the best out of him.

Ask BBD the running joke. You will settle for the mid round raw, developmental OL pick, and you will like it! haha that was BBD and I running joke. Well if we are going this route year in and year out, then eventually we have to hit on them. If not, then get more polished guys via FA, who are cheap.

We have one of the best OL coaches, so this is the stuff you pride yourself in. You want to develop these guys and hope you hit on anyone one of these guys.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I would agree that the team needs an overhaul on the OL and drafting a good one in round 1 has to be a solid option. I doubt seriously that Fisher is available when its the pick but Lance Johnson might be and would be ideal. Eli's throws too many interceptions and that might be equated to a weak LT that allows defenders to get at him too quickly. The 49ers and Baltimore show clearly that in an offensive league, OL plays a huge part in winning.

I don't think Brewer will ever be a starter in this league from what I saw of him at the Senior Bowl last year but Beatty may well continue to develope, I guess the GM and HC will have to decide how high his ceiling is given time, but Flucker would certainly add a dimention to RT.
Well I always said Ints were a result of system, and bad decisions because he wants to make a play. Our system is high risk/high reward which has a foundation in the Gilbride Run and Shoot where the WRs have to run a heavy amount of choice and option routes. So a lot of the times the guys are not running the right adjustment. Then at times, Eli is trying to make a play and make a bad decision. It has nothing to do with a LT.

Well the 9ers have 3 OL 1st rounders on that line. We won twice without needing that. We have a good system and good OL coaching. So OL we need to address now because of age, but it's not the issue for any Ints or anything like that. That's more system based, and bad decisions at times.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I want Randy Moss.

I know people think he's washed up but he has a lot left in the tank. He just needs more snaps. Deep balls to Moss. Let's do it. Come on man! I want Moss to be a Giant so bad! Let's just do it.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I want Randy Moss.

I know people think he's washed up but he has a lot left in the tank. He just needs more snaps. Deep balls to Moss. Let's do it. Come on man! I want Moss to be a Giant so bad! Let's just do it.
I would be ok with that if the price was right.

The only way I see it happening though is if Cruz leaves. Then Moss becomes the veteran WR while Randle develops.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know who'd be a good RB instead of Lattimore?

Jawan. Jamison.

And I think the 3 LT's go top 12. We need to cross Fisher and Johnson off our list, I'm sorry, but we really have to. I think we keep Beatty (if the price is right), start Brewer, keep DD or Locklear as our backup swing. Boothe-Baas-Snee is fine. McCants is getting groomed as a guard. Good guards can be found late. Hell, look at our greatest OLine. If was comprised of half undrafted guys and 5th rounder Diehl.

Richardson looks awesome, but I doubt he falls. Ziggy probably wont. We've got options, it'll be interesting to see how the draft really plays out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote