Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
The Colts probably won't take Andrew Luck because they haven't used a first round pick on a QB in 14 years. /2012
haha what's your point with this post? the chiefs don't have a "franchise", once in a decade type quarterback looking them in the eyes with the 1st overall pick

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
haha what's your point with this post? the chiefs don't have a "franchise", once in a decade type quarterback looking them in the eyes with the 1st overall pick
My point is that Reid not using his picks on QBs is because he already had one, just as the Colts did for 14 years. If McNabb had busted and Kolb/Vick hadn't emerged, you'd better believe he'd have taken another.

As for "once-in-a-decade guys"...people need to stop using this term. When every damned draft has some "once-in-a-decade" prospect, it loses all of its value. I'm considerably older than 99% of the people on this forum. I've seen a lot of "once-in-a-decade" guys bust and a lot of guys people were "meh" about become hits. The top three QBs of all time were one "once-in-a-decade" guy and two prospects no one cared about.

The lead-up to this draft, from a QB standpoint, is starting to remind me mostly of 2008. Everyone's running around pulling their hair out saying "OMG WORST QB CLASS EVER, NO FRANCHISE QBs!" The same people thought 2007 had two franchise QBs.

You learn to take it in stride. People have unrealistic QB expectations on this forum, both for prospects and for pros. There are a number of teams that would kill to have Matt Schaub, but there's a crazy number of people around here who think the Texans need to cut him loose. Ditto Joe Flacco before this season.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
My point is that Reid not using his picks on QBs is because he already had one, just as the Colts did for 14 years. If McNabb had busted and Kolb/Vick hadn't emerged, you'd better believe he'd have taken another.
what this all comes down to is Andy. he's a supposed QB guru and if he passes at Geno the slide will start. Andy Reid will either endorse Geno and make him Mcnabb II or he will pass and be a Brady quinn like fall. This is not a case where Geno doesn't go 1, he goes 2 or 3. He's just not that strong of a prospect. If he doesn't go 1 he goes 20. Just my opinion.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You got it. I don't think they should take Geno. We'll see if they do or not.
Do you think Geno is a stronger prospect than Kevin Kolb was in '07?
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
what this all comes down to is Andy. he's a supposed QB guru and if he passes at Geno the slide will start. Andy Reid will either endorse Geno and make him Mcnabb II or he will pass and be a Brady quinn like fall. This is not a case where Geno doesn't go 1, he goes 2 or 3. He's just not that strong of a prospect. If he doesn't go 1 he goes 20. Just my opinion.
I highly doubt that's true. I think Jacksonville,Arizona,Buffalo and Philly would all take a look at him. I doubt he'd get by all 4.

and fwiw I'm not saying he's an elite prospect, but those teams are all pretty desperate for a QB. Philly isn't desperate, but I think Chip Kelly would really like to get his hands on Geno and they don't really have a long term solution IMO.

Last edited by Nastradamus : 02-07-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It would make me sick to my stomach for damn near ever if we pass on Geno and he goes on to become the next big thing at QB in the NFL and we're sitting here with our 4th top 11 DLineman since 2008.
agreed.unless Star or Jo0eckel can THROW A FOOTBALL they are of no use to KC
Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe he'll roll with Cassell and draft an heir apparent in Round 2.
I am this close to reaching through the screen and smacking you for this comment
Old 02-08-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The NFL Network's Albert Breer was told by NFL execs and scouts to remove Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib from his first-round mock draft.
In fact, Breer doesn't have a single quarterback in his top-32. "The fact is that no one I communicated with this morning thought there was a quarterback worthy of going on Day 1," wrote Breer. "As one AFC exec said, 'There's a very good chance none go (in the first round). I don't know who the top one is -- total crapshoot. Geno (Smith)? (Matt) Barkley? (Mike) Glennon? (Landry) Jones? It's a toss-up.'"
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter Feb 8 - 1:01 PM
Very relevant.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of these sources are saying Geno isn't the top player in the land or even in the top 10. Some don't have him in the top 25. How can this guy get to 1?

Old 02-08-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The NFL Network's Albert Breer was told by NFL execs and scouts to remove Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib from his first-round mock draft.
In fact, Breer doesn't have a single quarterback in his top-32. "The fact is that no one I communicated with this morning thought there was a quarterback worthy of going on Day 1," wrote Breer. "As one AFC exec said, 'There's a very good chance none go (in the first round). I don't know who the top one is -- total crapshoot. Geno (Smith)? (Matt) Barkley? (Mike) Glennon? (Landry) Jones? It's a toss-up.'"
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter Feb 8 - 1:01 PM
This is in line with my thinking. Not every year can be like last year, but there's just so much to dislike about every single one of these guys. There are several guys that I think could be starters (there's also Matt Barkley) but there's nobody that I'd feel confident with if my job depended on it.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All of these sources are saying Geno isn't the top player in the land or even in the top 10. Some don't have him in the top 25. How can this guy get to 1?
How can he get to 1? There are MONTHS BEFORE THE DRAFT. Why is this hard for people to understand? It's early February. The draft is in late April. A lot can happen between now and then.

And you're out of your mind if you think no QBs are going in the 1st round.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Very relevant.
Most relevant thing he said... "total crapshoot".
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep thinking NO QUARTERBACKS are going to be drafted in the first round, or that Geno Smith isn't a near lock to go to the Chiefs.

There were multiple teams in 2011 who said they wouldn't take Cam Newton in the first round either.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little puzzled that no one is going to bat for Geno yet among the reporters with NFL sources. I see him as a top 15 value. But the further and further we go makes it less likely that he goes very high in the draft. He was a senior, which means the film work is already wrapped up on him. Almost always a late riser is a junior who scouts are late watching film on, or someone who absolutely blew up the postseason. I think this could work to Reid's advantage if he can trade down and still get Geno. They still need help at multiple positions - nobody wins 2 games just because they don't have a QB.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
How can he get to 1? There are MONTHS BEFORE THE DRAFT. Why is this hard for people to understand? It's early February. The draft is in late April. A lot can happen between now and then.

And you're out of your mind if you think no QBs are going in the 1st round.
yes but he's not gonna run a 4.4, he skipped the Senior Bowl. What exactly is he gonna do that will capture the imagination and make people forget about the 5 game stretch he had to end the season? 2 safeties in the snow isn't a great way to finish a career.

And I never said No Qb's in rd1. I just said 1 overall is not the place for Geno. At 15 or 20, go nuts. at 1 it's James and the Giant Reach (by Roald Dahl).

Old 02-08-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt one won't go in the first.

Even if you are a team in the top 10 and pass on a QB thinking that all of them are 2nd round or later prospects, one or more of those teams that need a QB is going to trade into the late first round to ensure they get a QB. Seattle, GB, NE and Baltimore all would move down into the 33-40 range to pick up picks.

Last year showed us the concept of the 'insurance trade' where teams moved up incrementally to ensure that other teams didn't leapfrog them and take the guys they wanted. The days of standing pat because the guys in front of you aren't going to take what you need are pretty much over. The cost of a 3rd or 4th round pick to secure your guy seems to be a pretty well established baseline price for a 5-7 spot jump.

From Seattle's perspective, we've tried to trade every first round pick we've owned except for the one used for Okung. Can't imagine we'll stop the trend this season.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes but he's not gonna run a 4.4, he skipped the Senior Bowl. What exactly is he gonna do that will capture the imagination and make people forget about the 5 game stretch he had to end the season? 2 safeties in the snow isn't a great way to finish a career.

And I never said No Qb's in rd1. I just said 1 overall is not the place for Geno. At 15 or 20, go nuts. at 1 it's James and the Giant Reach (by Roald Dahl).
You put way too much stock in Geno's decision to not go to the Senior Bowl. If he'd gone, he'd be a lock for the #1 spot from what the other QBs showed. Instead of going to the senior bowl and clowning his peers (which we all know he can do), he went to IMG to do real work so when teams finally get a look at him, he can show legitimate improvement over the film they watched. There will be plenty of opportunities for teams to talk to him. Once teams start talking to him and he starts doing things in public, his stock will go back up on draft sites.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
You put way too much stock in Geno's decision to not go to the Senior Bowl. If he'd gone, he'd be a lock for the #1 spot from what the other QBs showed. Instead of going to the senior bowl and clowning his peers (which we all know he can do), he went to IMG to do real work so when teams finally get a look at him, he can show legitimate improvement over the film they watched. There will be plenty of opportunities for teams to talk to him. Once teams start talking to him and he starts doing things in public, his stock will go back up on draft sites.
Choosing not to go to the Senior Bowl, saved Geno money but it didn't make him money. He could've gone there and shown he was the #1 guy, but now he'll rely on a pro day to try and dominate against air. Film will be the ultimate dictator of where he ends up now.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of the top QB prospects have skipped the Senior Bowl and they've never been ripped like this. It's really peculiar.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's because that's one of the only arguments they can build against him. When you actually look at what he did on the field, his physicals, his intangibles, and account for his surroundings...he's the #1 pick.

Will he be the best QB out of the draft? Can't really be sure. But he's the best QB right now and has, in my estimation, the third most potential of all the QBs in the draft behind Bray and Glennon.

Last edited by nepg : 02-08-2013 at 06:53 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Geno's goal is to start immediately in the NFL and said not competing at the Senior Bowl was a "strategic move" due to risk factors brought up by people around him.
I cringed when I read that.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, I would cringe too when a top prospect listens to his advisors/agent and does what is best for him in the long run.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I cringed when I read that.
Read what? He went to IMG to work on getting better. He skipped the Senior Bowl because no one gets better there, it's just a dog and pony show that precludes the trackmeet in Indy.

All I see is people bashing the guy because they can't see him.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You got it. I don't think they should take Geno. We'll see if they do or not.
Do you think Geno is a stronger prospect than Kevin Kolb was in '07?
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, I would cringe too when a top prospect listens to his advisors/agent and does what is best for him in the long run.
There has never as far as I'm aware been an injury to a QB at the Senior Bowl. Even if there has the chances of one happening are extremely slim.

So what were the risks? Maybe that he'd fail to separate from the other guys?

If he was the clear-cut best QB with the clear-cut best film, it would make some sense (even then there's no real reason to skip), but given his situation it's pretty scary that he didn't go there and throw. Probably feared he'd be exposed in an uncomfortable environment (under center, new receivers, pro verbiage). Otherwise why not just show up and take control, spin it like you know can and blow everybody else out of the water. A "strategic move?" Ugh.