Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I wake up at 7:30 on a Saturday and this is my reward....bleh. Bale is just absurdly good right now. And that twat Perch didn't jump. Thank God Mr. T is back.
If Spurs don't make CL this year, I'm terrified we will lose him. :(

Anyways off to bed. COYS!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Especially with Willian getting sold by Shaktar so Dortmund should be able to keep building their momentum through the round of 16. They've been as good as I've seen them since the winter break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
If Spurs don't make CL this year, I'm terrified we will lose him. :(

Anyways off to bed. COYS!
You will lose him regardless I think. If not this year, next.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, a stretcher for that? Goddamnit.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Really, a stretcher for that? Goddamnit.
Could be a break......looks like he is pretty damn messed up. He certainly isn't faking it.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Ugh. I hate playing against Bale so much.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spurs should manage to get into the CL this year. Bale's amazing, Dembele and Holtby give their midfield great drive and skill, the defense has been excellent, and you've got guys like Defoe and Lennon having career years.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It was all Bale today. Everyone else looked terrible bar Lennon (but he had an easy time with Santon who was gassed after playing the full 90 with Italy). Bale is just so ridiculous atm.....top 5 in the world for sure.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bale 2-1 France

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Spurs should manage to get into the CL this year. Bale's amazing, Dembele and Holtby give their midfield great drive and skill, the defense has been excellent, and you've got guys like Defoe and Lennon having career years.
I want this year to be Fellaini and Everton CL year, they managed a good first half and I hope they ancor themselves at the 4th place.

Marko Marin scored, I'm happy for him and Chelsea (followed him since his 'gladbach days)
Old 02-09-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell, they can all make CL. City looks terrible.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Hell, they can all make CL. City looks terrible.
At least Gareth Barry scored?

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bale has been absolutely killin it lately
Old 02-09-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Southampton played great.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Blatter: Racism bigger issue than match-fixing
Quote:
Sepp Blatter downplays match-fixing
I do believe I called that. Blatter will do anything to deflect focus away from discussion on investigating match-fixing. Popular topic recently is racism despite not even a month ago he berated Milan and Boateng for walking away due to racist chants during a friendly in Italy.

Blatter needs to get ousted in the worst way but the entire organization is so corrupt no one can challenge him (see: Hammam whom conveniently had been investigated for corruption and bribery right after declaring his intent to challenge Blatter).
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was all Bale today. Everyone else looked terrible bar Lennon (but he had an easy time with Santon who was gassed after playing the full 90 with Italy). Bale is just so ridiculous atm.....top 5 in the world for sure.
Bale is responsible for 80% of our wins this year. 10% is Aaron Lennon and the other 10% goes to the team in general.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give Defoe's goal scoring and Dembele's drive from midfield more than 10% each. Both have been more important than Lennon. But yes, Bale has been impeccable. Not a winger better than him other than Ronaldo and Ribery.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-09-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'd give Defoe's goal scoring and Dembele's drive from midfield more than 10% each. Both have been more important than Lennon. But yes, Bale has been impeccable. Not a winger better than him other than Ronaldo and Ribery.
Lennon has been really great and I'd say more important than Defoe and Dembele. He has been responsible for most of the goals that aren't set up by Bale. That isn't to discount Defoe (whose finishing has been top notch) and Dembele who controls the midfield so well with his passing, but Lennon is having the best season of his career. Full-backs must absolutely hate playing Tottenham at the moment.

Bale is just in a class of his own. I'd take him over almost every player in the world, I'd even rather have him than Ribery.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Eh, Lennon's having a great year and it's very close between he, Dembele and Defoe, but I think he's third in that group, Defoe's scored some wonderful goals out of nothing, and Dembele's maturing into one of the world's best and most unique box-to-box midfielders not named Yaya or Khedira.

As for Bale/Ribery, that's close, as they're my #2 and #3 wingers after CR7, but I have to give the nod to Ribery, he's playing absolutely astounding and has been for the past year and a half, he's the best player on a Bayern team that's dominating and probably the best team in the world after Barca, and just got done toying with the world's best FB, Phillip Lahm, in a friendly for France.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-09-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ribery's got him in the looks department too

Old 02-09-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

How can you look at that face and not immediately want to...run and hide under your bed covering your butthole...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-09-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Eh, Lennon's having a great year and it's very close between he, Dembele and Defoe, but I think he's third in that group, Defoe's scored some wonderful goals out of nothing, and Dembele's maturing into one of the world's best and most unique box-to-box midfielders not named Yaya or Khedira.

As for Bale/Ribery, that's close, as they're my #2 and #3 wingers after CR7, but I have to give the nod to Ribery, he's playing absolutely astounding and has been for the past year and a half, he's the best player on a Bayern team that's dominating and probably the best team in the world after Barca, and just got done toying with the world's best FB, Phillip Lahm, in a friendly for France.
Dembele has been great, but he has also missed a number of games (nearly 50% of total league games). I can only judge based on what I view (which is basically every Spurs game), but Lennon is dominating games more than Dembele. Defoe has been more of a finisher than a creator, which is why I think Lennon is above him. I think you may be underestimating Lennon, because he has had a number of games this season where he has been absolutely untouchable. A lot of these have come at super important times to, like when Bale gets zoned out every odd game.

Bale/Ribery may as well be a wash. No point really trying to argue one is better than the other when it is incredibly obvious that both of them are amazing.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I'm willing to concede both points. I haven't watched Tottenham that every week, and Lennon may be more influential than i'm giving credit for, but to me his success has been in large part because of Bale and Dembele's impact leaving him free to take on LBs 1 on 1 with space a lot. He's still played great and confident with that freedom, but I think that those two are more important because they create that space. And Defoe's just been clinical out there, his performance is probably not significantly greater than lennon's for their positions, but Defoe being a striker on form makes his influence greater than a traditional winger like Lennon. But we're splitting hairs as I think all 3 have been having great years and share almost equal claim to the title of spurs' 2nd best player.

And Bale/Ribery may well be a wash, I rate Franck as a clear second to CR7, but both have been so excellent that it Bale certainly has his own claims. I just think Ribery's ability to have that huge an influence on a dominant team places him a little higher than Bale's greatness for a good team that relies more on him and gives him more freedom to screw up since the team relies on him whether he's playing well or not. Kinda like the somebody's gotta score for a ****** basketball team idea, Tottenham give Bale more of the ball and more freedom to do what he wants with it, while Ribery has to beat out plays like Kroos, Schweini and Robben/Mueller for the right to dictate play.

Eitherway Tottenham should be a really strong team next year. A midfield trio of Sandro, Dembele and Holtby could boss any team in the EPL in the center of the pitch other than Citeh when Yaya's free to just take over. With Bale and Lennon attacking off the wings, a strong defense, great goalkeeper and another striker to push Defoe and Adebayor, that's a CL team.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 02-09-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

How ever you look at it, it is a great time to be a Spurs fan :)

I truly believe we are a top notch striker away from being big contenders.