Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-10-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default PF28's Top 32 (Plus Positional Rankings)

Please continue with the discussion, criticism, and posting of other rankings now with my Top 32.

Previous Rankings
Corners & Safeties (1/29): http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=55445
Receivers & Tight Ends (2/1): http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=55490
Quarterbacks & Running backs (2/3): http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=55531
Offensive Linemen (2/6): http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=55562
Ends, Tackles & Backers (2/9): http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=55595

Top 32

1. Tyler Wilson : ARKANSAS
2. Chance Warmack : ALABAMA
3. Star Lotulelei : UTAH
4. Eric Fisher : CENTRAL MICHIGAN
5. Bjoern Werner : FLORIDA STATE
6. Sheldon Richardson : MISSOURI
7. Luke Joeckel : TEXAS A&M
8. Kevin Minter : LOUISIANA STATE
9. Damontre Moore : TEXAS A&M
10. Dee Milliner : ALABAMA
11. Jonathan Cooper : NORTH CAROLINA
12. Dion Jordan : OREGON
13. Jordan Poyer : OREGON STATE
14. Alec Ogletree : GEORGIA
15. DeAndre Hopkins : CLEMSON
16. Ezekiel Ansah : BRIGHAM YOUNG
17. Zach Ertz : STANFORD
18. Lane Johnson : OKLAHOMA
19. Tavon Austin : WEST VIRGINIA
20. Kenny Vaccaro : TEXAS
21. Jarvis Jones : GEORGIA
22. DJ Fluker : ALABAMA
23. Jonathan Cyprien : FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL
24. Sam Montgomery : LOUISIANA STATE
25. Eddie Lacy : ALABAMA
26. Keenan Allen : CALIFORNIA
27. Shariff Floyd : FLORIDA
28. Datone Jones : UCLA
29. Barrett Jones : ALABMA
30. Gavin Escobar : SAN DIEGO STATE
31. Desmond Trufant : WASHINGTON
32. Sylvester Williams : NORTH CAROLINA

Analysis: I know there will be instant criticism with Wilson being #1, but still feel strongly that Wilson is capable of being a "franchise" quarterback and such a designation is worth the top spot. The remainder of the top ten is loaded with linemen outside of Minter and Milliner. Sheldon Richardson is an impressive athlete and his non-stop motor should attract teams to select him within the Top 10. Jonathan Cooper will be selected in the bottom half of round one, but if you eliminate positional value, he's easily one of the top dozen players. Zach Ertz will be an instant asset to an offense and his blend of size and athleticism makes him a threat all over the field. Jonathan Cyprien possesses first round skills from the safety position, right on the heels of Vaccaro, but I think some still get caught up with him playing at FIU. Datone Jones has impressed me as much as anyone during my off-season work, and I fully expect him to be selected towards the end of day one or immediately at the start of day two. Overall, I have listed my Top 32, but the players worthy of being selected in round one is a far greater list.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 02-10-2013 at 01:39 PM.
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't agree with Wilson but I do like you that started your list with a QB. Personally, I think that guy is Mike Glennon.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson is a 1st round grade imo so I like the variety.. Robert Woods is a better overall reciever than Tavon, Woods can be a #1.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
I don't agree with Wilson but I do like you that started your list with a QB. Personally, I think that guy is Mike Glennon.
I am going to preface this by saying I am incredibly biased by watching his brother play but no Glennon should ever go in the first round.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I"m pretty baffled by this list. Wilson is the obvious one, but Minter,Poyer,Cyprien and Escobar,Montgomery,Lacey,Austin and D.Jones are all too high for my tastes. No Mingo? No Eifert or Patterson?

I'd put Geno at least in the top 32, but I'm not going to fight that one too much.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Wilson is a 1st round grade imo so I like the variety.. Robert Woods is a better overall reciever than Tavon, Woods can be a #1.
Woods has the ability to be a solid #2 receiver for whichever team drafts him but I'm not seeing #1 ability. Tavon Austin is a unique player, and he'll be a weapon out of the slot and backfield; not a "#1" receiver but can be the focal point of an offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I"m pretty baffled by this list. Wilson is the obvious one, but Minter,Poyer,Cyprien and Escobar,Montgomery,Lacey,Austin and D.Jones are all too high for my tastes. No Mingo? No Eifert or Patterson?

I'd put Geno at least in the top 32, but I'm not going to fight that one too much.
Minter is the most well-rounded inside backer in the entire draft and he was the best player on the Tigers' defense this past season, but others still drew more of the spotlight and discussion than he did. Jordan Poyer was a playmaker all season for the Beavers and Senior Bowl week gave him the stage to flash his abilities and he didn't disappoint. Jonathan Cyprien could very well be the #1 safety prospect in this entire draft when all is said and done, and he will be a versatile safety wherever he lands. Gavin Escobar's season is a bit misleading because he battled with injuries, but I fully expect him and Travis Kelce to move up draft boards given their size and receiving ability. I just get a better feel from him than I do Tyler Eifert. Sam Montgomery is an all-around good defensive end, who had a few struggles this past season, but still showed more to me than Mingo did and his tape last year is impressive. Eddie Lacy is a physical back who is capable of playing all three downs, and he shined brightest against the harder defenses Alabama faced to end the year. Datone Jones did draw much publicity this past season, but he did very well for the Bruins and that play translated to Senior Bowl week where he continually stood out; possesses nice size and I like what I see from him being able to get around the edge.

Barkevious Mingo is an incredible athlete, but he's not a great football player. He's not a factor against the run and he lacks the physicality to be anything more than a guy who relies on his speed to disrupt a backfield. Dion Jordan draws comparisons to Aaron Maybin by some posters but I would argue that Mingo is the one who deserves such comparisons. Tyler Eifert has all the tools to be a good tight end in the NFL, but any time I watched Notre Dame this year I came away underwhelmed by his play. Patterson, and I stated this with my receiver rankings, reminds me more of a Devin Hester type receiver than a guy who's going to be a Pro Bowl caliber player. He is a dynamic player no doubt, but most of the high point for him came in the return game, not as a receiver.

Last edited by princefielder28 : 02-10-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jonathan Banks?
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Jonathan Banks?
check my corner/safeties rankings to see my thoughts on him

Old 02-10-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I'm making a bad comparison, but I'm just a wee-bit concerned that Eddy Lacy isn't fast enough to play in the NFL (a la Ron Dayne).

I think it's interesting that you have Ertz and not Eifert. I see them as virtually identical in terms of talent level.

You had a typo with Jarvis Jones' school (Georgia).

I like that you have Cyprien. If he runs fast enough, he'd be in my top 15. I know a lot of people will think this is based on the Senior Bowl, but I didn't even watch it. I watched his FIU games. Kid was a borderline play maker at FIU.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Lacy can run in the 4.5 range. Arian Foster ran a 4.69 at his pro day so I think Lacy will be just ok.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lacy is not really built like Dayne. He's more muscle. And his legs drive through tackles and piles violently and explosively.

And Dayne was a good NFL player until he stopped working on his weight.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Lacy is not really built like Dayne. He's more muscle. And his legs drive through tackles and piles violently and explosively.

And Dayne was a good NFL player until he stopped working on his weight.
Yeah, the Lacy -- Dayne comparison doesn't make sense too me either. Dayne was obviously special during his time at Wisconsin, but the mileage and physique he brought to the NFL wasn't going to past long. Lacy is built like a bull.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Barkevious Mingo is an incredible athlete, but he's not a great football player.
I agree with the Bark, but I do remember a few people saying the same thing about Pierre-Paul a few years back.
In JPP's defense, he was still very inexperienced.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dayne was the most inefficient goal line back ever...

The guy was supposed to be the thunder to Tiki's lightning but... he wanted to be the lightning. If you watch him back at Wisc. you see he wasn't an overpowering back he just had very good vision, a great o-line, and some good wiggle for a big guy.

When he got to the NFL he couldn't do it because the guys were bigger, faster, and stronger. He was too slow to play how he was comfortable playing and too soft to be a successful powerback.

When I watch Lacy I see someone who hits the holes hard and isn't afraid of contact. I don't see Dayne at all.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Lol Lacy can run in the 4.5 range. Arian Foster ran a 4.69 at his pro day so I think Lacy will be just ok.
What does Arian Foster's 40 time have to do with anything?

I don't think you draft Eddie Lacy to be your feature back. And if I'm drafting, or giving a running back a first round grade, he's got to have feature back capabilities. I don't think Lacy is a playmaker. He is a physical runner with great leg driver, but he runs higher than most people realize. He also leaves his feet quite frequently.

Playing behind the offensive line he played behind also makes it difficult to scout him because he's going to look more powerful than he is when he's running downhill full speed because he's running through gapping holes untouched. Running over a safety is impressive, but the Alabama offense allows him to do more of that than most other running backs get the chance. I think he's more of a third round talent. A rotational back that could carry the load for a season or two, but I don't think he'd be a great success as a feature running back. Good strength and power, very good vision with a solid burst through the hole. He doesn't usually go down on first contact and has a good spin move, but long speed seems only average and he seems very mediocre in space. More of a one dimensional runner as well that offers next to nothing as a receiver.

I think he'll be a good solid player, but I don't expect Lacy to be a major name in the NFL. Not much special about him.

Sheldon Richardson is quickly becoming my favorite player in this draft. His motor is as good as I have ever seen from a defensive linemen. He's surpassed Werner in my eyes for my top ranked defensive linemen in this draft. Werner's lack of power and average motor are bigger concerns than I thought. I can see why he's supposedly slipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
What does Arian Foster's 40 time have to do with anything?

I don't think you draft Eddie Lacy to be your feature back. And if I'm drafting, or giving a running back a first round grade, he's got to have feature back capabilities. I don't think Lacy is a playmaker. He is a physical runner with great leg driver, but he runs higher than most people realize. He also leaves his feet quite frequently.

Playing behind the offensive line he played behind also makes it difficult to scout him because he's going to look more powerful than he is when he's running downhill full speed because he's running through gapping holes untouched. Running over a safety is impressive, but the Alabama offense allows him to do more of that than most other running backs get the chance. I think he's more of a third round talent. A rotational back that could carry the load for a season or two, but I don't think he'd be a great success as a feature running back. Good strength and power, very good vision with a solid burst through the hole. He doesn't usually go down on first contact and has a good spin move, but long speed seems only average and he seems very mediocre in space. More of a one dimensional runner as well that offers next to nothing as a receiver.

I think he'll be a good solid player, but I don't expect Lacy to be a major name in the NFL. Not much special about him.

Sheldon Richardson is quickly becoming my favorite player in this draft. His motor is as good as I have ever seen from a defensive linemen. He's surpassed Werner in my eyes for my top ranked defensive linemen in this draft. Werner's lack of power and average motor are bigger concerns than I thought. I can see why he's supposedly slipping.
It's called a comparison.... ever heard of those? Foster got drafted without having that blazing speed so I think Lacy can make it in this league just fine.

Duke Blue Devils

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 02-11-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's called a comparison.... ever heard of those? Foster got drafted without having that blazing speed so I think Lacy can make it in this league just fine.
I'll start by answering your question. Yes, I've heard of comparisons.

You're not comparing, you're just pulling **** out of your ass and calling it a comparison because its convenient for you. You're either lazy or too stupid to say anything else that would make any sense.

You start this atrocious response by openly saying you're comparing two players who have next to nothing in common. And then you say Foster got drafted, which he actually didn't, without having blazing speed. And, I guess, because Foster is a borderline great RB in the NFL who averages about 2,000 yards from scrimmage and double digit TDs every year, then Lacy will... also do that because they're both slow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

TL to read. Too lazy to care. Glad you understand comparisons though. Simple mistake about Foster. And no Lacy won't be the next Foster but I do think he has a place in this league. Honestly some of you people get so riled up over a message board and it's priceless so thanks for the entertainment. I needed that.

Duke Blue Devils

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 02-11-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Joekel worse than Fisher?

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was Cyprien that high on your board before the Senior Bowl?

I love Poyer, but that seems awfully high.

Still not sure why people love Ogletree so much, but I'll have to go back and check him out some more.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Austin over Keenan Allen is interesting.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 02-11-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
Why is Joekel worse than Fisher?
It's not like Joeckel is "worse" than Fisher because they are very close as prospects. When you have a prospect like Fisher, who impresses against weaker competition, it is somewhat difficult to gauge how high they should be rated. The Senior Bowl provided the platform for Fisher to show his exceptional abilities as a left tackle and he possesses all the traits to be outstanding. Joeckel possesses those same traits, but after being able to see Fisher perform individually in Mobile he took the top spot over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Was Cyprien that high on your board before the Senior Bowl?

I love Poyer, but that seems awfully high.

Still not sure why people love Ogletree so much, but I'll have to go back and check him out some more.
Cyprien was not that high on my board prior to the Senior Bowl, but much like the situation with Fisher, you don't necessarily know how good those players are until they get matched up with the BCS school players in a venue like Mobile, and when they shine all week like those two did, then the tape they put together was certainly not a fluke and they can undoubtedly play with the big boys.

I've been a fan of Poyer all season, and he never disappointed. He can play man or zone and simply has a knack for making a play on the ball.

Ogletree is a unique athlete for the linebacker position and his coverage skills are very good. He lacks some of the toughness/strength for the position but I attribute that to inexperience at the position and he'll put on more muscle once he hits an NFL strength and conditioning routine.

Quote:
Austin over Keenan Allen is interesting.
Tavon Austin is such a versatile and dynamic player, much like a Percy Harvin or Randall Cobb, that he's tough to put any lower on the list. He's proven his worth as a slot receiver, running back, and return man, and he's the type of player a defensive coordinator is forced to plan around.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

True he definitely brings a lot more to the table compared to Keenan. As long as he stays out of the NFC East I'm cool with him going so highly. Also nice Alabama typo on that 29th ranked prospect of yours lol.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 02-11-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It's not like Joeckel is "worse" than Fisher because they are very close as prospects. When you have a prospect like Fisher, who impresses against weaker competition, it is somewhat difficult to gauge how high they should be rated. The Senior Bowl provided the platform for Fisher to show his exceptional abilities as a left tackle and he possesses all the traits to be outstanding. Joeckel possesses those same traits, but after being able to see Fisher perform individually in Mobile he took the top spot over.
fwiw Joekel reportedly dominated Demontre Moore in practices. And he shut down Monty in LSU game. Both are likely better prospects than any of the DE Fisher faced in Mobile.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
fwiw Joekel reportedly dominated Demontre Moore in practices. And he shut down Monty in LSU game. Both are likely better prospects than any of the DE Fisher faced in Mobile.
Those are reports and I'm not going to discount or credit them. I prefer to go off what I see in the games I watched, and I am not down on Joeckel, I recognize he's a very good prospect.