Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
and he still has a better shooting percentage.
PPG is a better thing to look at.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
so are rebounds and assists.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
so are rebounds and assists.
LeBron's rebound stats are slightly inflated because he plays a lot of PF, I've already said that. Even still they're ridiculously close in that category.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LeBron's rebound stats are slightly inflated because he plays a lot of PF, I've already said that. Even still they're ridiculously close in that category.
And, as I said in my page trapped comment... LeBron HAS to rebound. No one else on that team will. It's inflated because who the hell else is going to grab them.

Durant plays with Perkins and Ibaka.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so he has the ability to play, and has guarded multiple positions on defense and offense. Does that really make a better case for KD.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

It means that PFs get more rebounds, which they do.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron is the MVP...and I am a die hard Lebron hater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
???? I thought you were all about efficiency...

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
It means that PFs get more rebounds, which they do.
So you're going to ignore his rebounds because of his style of play? Just because he excels at what he does and how the team plays him? Then ignore his high assits number because he's the primary ball handler.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
???? I thought you were all about efficiency...
I am, and Durant has been more efficient. You can't JUST look at field goal percentage and the fact that he has a higher FG% with more shots, he still has less PPG. Durant is getting more points in relation to his shot output, that is what efficiency is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's hilarious arguing rebounds when that category is so close and what? less than 1 rebound different.

EL OH EL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
He's shooting 4% better, but still averaging less points per shot. Shooting percentage doesn't count for anything comparing a perimeter player to an inside player. Yes, Bron is an inside player now.

So Bron assists at a higher rate, but scores at a lower rate. Rebounding is negligible seeing as Durant has people who can ACTUALLY rebound on his team, where Lebron is the only guy.

LeBron is a better defender, but Durant has significantly stepped up his defense this year, too.
So, you'd say he adds significant value in that department for his team.....you're making the argument for Lebron here.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Are you ******* serious, Andre?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
So, you'd say he adds significant value in that department for his team.....you're making the argument for Lebron here.
No I am not. They are still dead last in the league in rebounding. I'm saying he will get a better chance at getting garbage rebounds than Durant because he does not have legitimate rebounders taking chances away. There are only so many rebounds in any given game.

If LeBron was the only guy who could rebound, and he was averaging 15 per game, and Miami was like 20th, then yes, I would be "adding value" to LeBron.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Also,

Celtics.

That is all.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
No I am not. They are still dead last in the league in rebounding. I'm saying he will get a better chance at getting garbage rebounds than Durant because he does not have legitimate rebounders taking chances away. There are only so many rebounds in any given game.

If LeBron was the only guy who could rebound, and he was averaging 15 per game, and Miami was like 20th, then yes, I would be "adding value" to LeBron.
Yeah, but if your assertion is true, Lebron is the best rebounder on the Heat. You can't say that and say he isn't adding value in that department. You're absolutely wrong here.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets just call it a wash and give James Harden the MVP.

But seriously, Houston would be horrendously awful without him.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Lets just call it a wash and give James Harden the MVP.

But seriously, Houston would be horrendously awful without him.
He's definitely in the top 10.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

off the top of my head id put him 6th, I think. LeBron, Durant, Paul, Melo, Parker, Harden.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yeah, but if your assertion is true, Lebron is the best rebounder on the Heat. You can't say that and say he isn't adding value in that department. You're absolutely wrong here.
Yes I can say that, and no I am not wrong.

If there is a team of midgets, a couple of them are going to happen to get a fluke rebound or two. That's not adding value, it's getting a fluke rebound.

I'm saying, LeBron has LESS competition for rebounds, but still gets the same amount. It's a simple idea. If LeBron played with Dwight Howard, he would get less rebounds. It doesn't make him less valuable or worse at rebounding, it means that he has more competition FOR the same rebounds.

You're missing the core concept of this entire argument. You are now essentially saying that being the "best" on a team increases value. It doesn't necessarily. LeBron should not be a teams best rebounder. Thats why they struggle against teams with good bigs.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
off the top of my head id put him 6th, I think. LeBron, Durant, Paul, Melo, Parker, Harden.
No chance in hell Harden should be below Melo. None.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No chance in hell Harden should be below Melo. None.
your Melo hate is getting out of control
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I think Harden has a better statline than Melo, but hes not leading a team with a top 5 record in the NBA, either, and that matters.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
your Melo hate is getting out of control
Harden has been better.

Quote:
I think Harden has a better statline than Melo, but hes not leading a team with a top 5 record in the NBA, either, and that matters.
Houston doesn't have Tyson Chandler.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...that Celtics game was pretty ridiculous.

They'll pull up to the game tomorrow in Charlotte in wheelchairs...but the Bobcats will arrive in strollers.

Wheelchairs vs. Strollers...who will prevail?!?!