Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-08-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I want Randy Moss.

I know people think he's washed up but he has a lot left in the tank. He just needs more snaps. Deep balls to Moss. Let's do it. Come on man! I want Moss to be a Giant so bad! Let's just do it.
Please stop. I know you're semi-joking (at least I hope so) but he sucks. He has done almost nothing this year. That's not due to a lack of snaps. It's due to the fact that he's a one trick pony and he's not even that good at it anymore. He was open one time in the Super Bowl and people think he's amazing all of a sudden.

He sucks. Move on.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My current big board, excluding guys I think won't be there:
1. Ziggy
2. Johnson
3. Warmack
4. Richardson
5. Jordan
6. Ogletree
7. Banks
8. Rhodes
9. Jones
10. Minter

I know I've said it before, but we are so lucky with the draft this year. This draft is extremely deep at our positions of need and we have the luxury of being able to just sit back and let the right guy fall to us. In Reese We Trust!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Please stop. I know you're semi-joking (at least I hope so) but he sucks. He has done almost nothing this year. That's not due to a lack of snaps. It's due to the fact that he's a one trick pony and he's not even that good at it anymore. He was open one time in the Super Bowl and people think he's amazing all of a sudden.

He sucks. Move on.
Beatty sucks. Boom. Roasted.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if letting Beatty walk, and drafting a LT and plug and play would be an option. We have some guys on the roster. Could they be eligible to play LT? We would save a lot of money letting Beatty walk. He had a good-great season this past year. But perhaps get someone younger to take over? Just wondering out loud. It would be a gamble, but could get younger, cheaper, and perhaps save money.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see us doing that. The 3 OTs that are great: Joekel, Fisher, and Johnson will all be gone before our pick. Fluker is a G or RT.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Beatty sucks. Boom. Roasted.
I mean, I'm not a huge Connecticut homer or anything so when people insult the prospects of UConn I don't really get offended. Especially when we all know Beatty did a damn good job this year.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see us doing that. The 3 OTs that are great: Joekel, Fisher, and Johnson will all be gone before our pick. Fluker is a G or RT.
Trade up? Can Capers, Mosley, OR McCants play LT? Brewer play RT? If anyone of those guys can do that it can really help us a lot.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I mean, I'm not a huge Connecticut homer or anything so when people insult the prospects of UConn I don't really get offended. Especially when we all know Beatty did a damn good job this year.
He was ok. Lets not act like he was Joe Thomas out there. The rest of the OL sucks so he looks good in comparison.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Trade up? Can Capers, Mosley, OR McCants play LT? Brewer play RT? If anyone of those guys can do that it can really help us a lot.
Too many needs we can't afford to lose picks.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Too many needs we can't afford to lose picks.
Yeah I know. We are in a cap situation I haven't seen in a long time. But I do like getting younger so this off season will be interesting!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
He was ok. Lets not act like he was Joe Thomas out there. The rest of the OL sucks so he looks good in comparison.
I didn't say he was Joe Thomas. He was very good though. Our season could have very easily been over then and there if he didn't work out. Could you imagine Dave Diehl playing LT this year? Eli would have died.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't say he was Joe Thomas. He was very good though. Our season could have very easily been over then and there if he didn't work out. Could you imagine Dave Diehl playing LT this year? Eli would have died.
I'm with you Forenci. Beatty was one of the few bright spots on our team last year. One of the few guys who performed better in 2012 than 2011. I think we should offer him a new contract. We have enough overrated bums worthy of cutting(looking at you Tuck and Diehl) to let one of the few good,young players leave.

We need to be smart about where we spend our money this offseason. And Beatty is a good investment provided he doesn't demand to be payed like a top left tackle. I suspect we can get him a bit cheaper this year than we normally would, because of the strong FA Tackle class.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I'd like to retain him for sure. In a normal year, I wouldn't be that upset if we let him go and took our chances in the draft and free agency. We just have too many things to address not to keep him. Can't add LT and RT to the list. As Norwegian said, with a good FA tackle class, as well as this being his first good year I'm hopeful he won't cost a fortune. It might end up being a really nice discount at the position, which as BBD says, is overrated.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:23 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even I haven't insulted Beatty and have advcated re-signing him. that's when you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be ok with trading up for the right player.

If we package our 1st and 2nd, by the trade vale chart its worth around #8.

With this year's class we may be able to get a little more value.

I would be ok in trading up for Ansah, Lotulelei, Joeckel or Fisher. I think they are genuinely elite prospects at positons we need. These are all high value positions as well.

But f we can't get one of these, we shouldn't trade up

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-09-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:56 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I would be ok with trading up for the right player.

If we package our 1st and 2nd, by the trade vale chart its worth around #8.

With this year's class we may be able to get a little more value.

I would be ok in trading up for Ansah, Lotulelei, Joeckel or Fisher. I think they are genuinely elite prospects at positons we need. These are all high value positions as well.

But f we can't get one of these, we shouldn't trade up
I'd rather trade down then up in this years class to be honest. I feel like there's a lot of value in rounds two, three and four in this years draft. And we have too many needs to give not use all our draft choices

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:16 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
I'd rather trade down then up in this years class to be honest. I feel like there's a lot of value in rounds two, three and four in this years draft. And we have too many needs to give not use all our draft choices
I disagree, there are only a few truly elite players at our need positons

considering the depth of the draft, the difference in talent available in rounds 2-3 is not that much

dont forget we will likely get some comp picks
Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we sign a big FA I'd love to see us bring in one of Levitre, Knighton or Jason Jones.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

There's actually alot of great OL FAs available. I'm curious to see how that impacts the OL in this draft class. If any falls as a result.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the OL class is stacked in both FA and the draft, I think we'll definitely be able to find a quality starter for a reasonable price if we go that way. That's why I'd love to see us grab Levitre, I think he's a star, and if Buffalo lets him leave he could get lost in the shuffle with guys like Albert, Long, Smith, etc. on the market.

The DT corps. is pretty solid to and I think depending on what our cap looks like we could find a competent starter there to. I love Jason Jones, he's very Tuck like, but bigger and is more natural playing DT on downs that aren't obvious passing downs. If we could snag him, wrap up Beatty for a reasonable deal and find another starter along the OL or for the LB corps. we'll be in a great position heading into the draft.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-09-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Jason Jones even do anything this season? Cause idr hearing his name once after he left Tennessee.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:04 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I am really curious to see what happens on the Oline in free agency, there are a few options. I wouldn't mind Levitre if it was possible but we will have options.

Jason Jones was with the Seahawks and was productive, but also had injury issues as well.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Victor Cruz is losing leverage. Not only are Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Wes Welker, and Danny Amendola all free agents, now Percy Harvin is on the table via trade.

That will further hurt Cruz's leverage in negotiations. I think we keep Cruz for at least one more year one way or another. Bc with all those FAs available, plus Harvin in a trade, I don't see all of those FAs getting taken, Harvin getting traded for, AND someone trading for Cruz as well.

It just is highly unlikely. The #s are against him.

So that sucks for him, but it's great for us.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Did Jason Jones even do anything this season? Cause idr hearing his name once after he left Tennessee.
Pretty sure he's been hurt a lot of the time. Which is problematic, but I did say he was Tuck like, and it's the reason I think we could get him without breaking the bank.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm not a fan of Jones bc he's a 3rd contract player. Unless those guys are dirt cheap, I'm typically not interested.

If he was worth value he'd stay in Seattle. I rather have Pot Roast honestly, and have 2 jumbo guys inside to stop the run.