Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canty is a good player. He was overpaid with us, but he's a good player. When healthy he's a great run stuffer, and he is good at batting down passes and was gradually improving his pass rush. In 2011 he was a very good player for us. This year he was pretty much useless bc of his knee injury.

If he's healthy, and you get him on a reasonable contract I think that's a great pickup. Great character guy, team player, lockerroom presence, he's a good pickup for the right price.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I would be pretty happy with him replacing Glenn Dorsey on our DLine. Dorsey is a FA and not expected to be back.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Dorsey have any potential in a 4-3 or has that ship sailed?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Barnett and George Wilson both out with the Bills. Both were pretty decent last season.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Wilson intrigues me. If we can't re-sign Kenny he's a guy that would interest me. He's a good safety.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want Wilson here. Big need at S.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I am not sure but I want him bad. Even if we can't make it happen I want to see him go to a 4-3 anyway for once. I would have cut Ratliff after the DUI and went after him hard if it were me, but as it stands we probably don't make a move on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick being signed could just be a failsafe type of signing. New coach coming in with a roster holding two guys that have shown enough as a starter to at least mitigate the risk of a 2nd year flop by Foles.

Vick in a pistol/gun offense would be interesting, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I know it's not that comprehensive, but I don't think his body can handle the punishment Welker took.
Welker's skills have been sliding for 2 seasons now. He has been taking more and more punishment and I think Harvin would be able to outrun +/- evade some of the hits that Welker could not. Welker was quick but never really "fast" or that shifty/elusive (at least in comparison to Percy.)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm calling Danny Amendola to the Pats right now. I think BB doesn't even make a phone call on Harvin.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I'm calling Danny Amendola to the Pats right now. I think BB doesn't even make a phone call on Harvin.
I'd hate it, so you're probably right.

Amendola doesn't bring so much more to the table that he's a far superior signing than Edelman. Harvin brings everything the Pats need in a slot guy for the next half decade plus the absolutely sick return skills, which NE's been lacking in recent years.

So, yeah, if it makes perfect sense, it doesn't happen.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 02-11-2013 at 02:01 PM.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
They'll win more games with Vick than Foles.
Doubtful - Vick is and always has been more hype than substance. He gets injured and has accuracy questions. This is nothing new - he has been in the league since 2001 - he is older now and still plays his same game - he never evolved or lived up to the hype.

Might as well see what Foles can do.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson was less than spectacular last season. Great guy and a hard worker, was still very good two years ago. But he did start to slip. I think the signs were there since our heavy interest in Mark Barron. We worked in Searcy a lot more during the year, and he's nothing special.

I hope he does well and believe he is still capable. He was certainly one of the most likable guys on the team and a good captain who I will miss working in tandem with Byrd. It's tough to ask for more from a guy who was perennially on the roster bubble as an undrafted wide receiver for many years. Tip of my hat to The Senator.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Canty is a good player. He was overpaid with us, but he's a good player. When healthy he's a great run stuffer, and he is good at batting down passes and was gradually improving his pass rush. In 2011 he was a very good player for us. This year he was pretty much useless bc of his knee injury.

If he's healthy, and you get him on a reasonable contract I think that's a great pickup. Great character guy, team player, lockerroom presence, he's a good pickup for the right price.
There are some rumors that the Panthers are also interested (Gettleman was the one who brought him into the Giants), I'd certainly take him. Not sure how much cap will enable us to do that though.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I am not sure but I want him bad. Even if we can't make it happen I want to see him go to a 4-3 anyway for once. I would have cut Ratliff after the DUI and went after him hard if it were me, but as it stands we probably don't make a move on him.
To be honest, I don't know. He isn't a bad player by any means, he just didn't live up to the hype in this scheme. He is a hard worker and has a great attitude, so he's definitely worth a look.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'd hate it, so you're probably right.

Amendola doesn't bring so much more to the table that he's a far superior signing than Edelman. Harvin brings everything the Pats need in a slot guy for the next half decade plus the absolutely sick return skills, which NE's been lacking in recent years.

So, yeah, if it makes perfect sense, it doesn't happen.
Danny Amendola is Wes Welker, except he has the amazing hands TV guys pretend Welker has and he plays with a bad QB instead of Brady. Harvin's an upgrade over Amendola or Welker, but he's a pain in the ass who's about to be expensive.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-11-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dorsey was just overdrafted. If he had gone to Bowling Green or something, he'd have a been a third round pick and he'd be considered a success.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Dorsey was just overdrafted. If he had gone to Bowling Green or something, he'd have a been a third round pick and he'd be considered a success.
He was also shoved into the wrong scheme.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's ridiculous. Pretty much everyone had him ranked as a top 5 pick. Let's not make him out to be Tyson Jackson.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
That's ridiculous. Pretty much everyone had him ranked as a top 5 pick. Let's not make him out to be Tyson Jackson.
Obviously, everybody was wrong. He was probably damaged goods. Even though his pro day was reportedly "impressive," he was pretty crappy in the numbers that matter for defensive linemen. He was weaker than expected, and much less explosive than expected.

Last edited by WCH : 02-11-2013 at 04:27 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glenn Dorsey was a hoss before injury.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Danny Amendola is Wes Welker, except he has the amazing hands TV guys pretend Welker has and he plays with a bad QB instead of Brady. Harvin's an upgrade over Amendola or Welker, but he's a pain in the ass who's about to be expensive.
Amendola can't stay healthy. I'm not sure he'll thrive in NE getting lit up 10 times a game like Welker did. The guy is made of glass. Theoretically he makes perfect sense, but I just question his health. And Welker takes a beating in that scheme. Amendola would wind up on IR within 3 games.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would love to have seen him in a Saints jersey, but I would rather him go to a 4-3 team to find out if he couldve lived to the potential. I always wondered about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
He was also shoved into the wrong scheme.
This pretty much sums up his career.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Rafeal Bush says he resigned with the Saints.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 02-11-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is just incorrect. Dorsey was a monster prospect. He was put in a scheme that played to zero of his strengths and all of his weaknesses. There were a ton of people who thought he was the correct pick for the Falcons that year (over Matt Ryan).Revisionist history round these parts, I tell you...Gets worse and worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...y-sign-wallace

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...veland-browns/

lol.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote