Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-08-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still can't believe Amobi Okoye didn't pan out.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Bills fan, I have hoped for quite a long time for good picks.

In 2012- I really wanted Mark Barron who ended up going to Tampa Bay(Stephon Gilmore)

In 2011- I wanted Cam Newton even though I knew he wouldn't make it so was happy with Dareus

2010- I wanted C.J. Spiller when the bills were on the clock and we ended up with Spiller

2009- I wanted Brian Orakpo and we ended up with Aaron Maybin

2008- I wanted Dominique Rodgers Cromartie and we took Leodis McKelvin

2007- I wanted Patrick Willis taken before the Bills we ended up with Marshawn Lynch

2006- I wanted Broderick Bunkley we took Donte Whitner

2005- I dont remember and we took Roscoe Parrish 2nd round

2004- Wanted Ben Roethlisberger we ended up with Lee Evans who I was happy with. We also traded up for J. P. Losman when I really wanted us to trade up for Vince Wilfork
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1105 View Post

2009- I wanted Brian Orakpo and we ended up with Aaron Maybin
Four years later, I am still just as shocked as I was on draft day.

I had Orakpo as the #1 prospect in the entire draft...by a lot. Maybin wasn't even on my radar as a 3-down starter.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember wanting Geno Atkins in round 3. He was drafted in the 4th 9 spots ahead of us we took Jacques Mclendon ugh. We drafted Kevin Thomas in the 3rd even bigger ugh. I don't remember if he ever played or not. Jimmy Graham was taken one pick after Thomas. ****

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2006:

Wanted - Manny Lawson
Got - Laurence Maroney

2007:

Wanted - Robert Meachem
Got - Brandon Merriweather

2008:

Wanted - DRC
Got - Jerod Mayo

2009:

Wanted - Michael Oher
Got - Patrick Chung

2010:

Wanted - Jared Odrick
Got - Devin McCourty

2011:

Wanted - Cameron Jordan
Got - Nate Solder

2012:

Wanted - Chandler Jones/Janoris Jenkins
Got - Chandler Jones/Dont'a Hightower

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll stick to first round picks, I started somewhat following in 2003, Miami didn't have a pick that year so I'll start in 04:

Year: Wanted - Drafted

2004: Vernon Carey - Vernon Carey!
2005: Cedric Benson - Ronnie Brown
2006: Bobby Carpenter - Jason Allen
2007: Brady Quinn - Ted Ginn Family
2008: Jake Long - Jake Long!
2009: Vontae Davis - Vontae Davis!
2010: Terrence Cody - Jared Odrick
2011: Mark Ingram - Mike Pouncey
2012: Ryan Tannehill - Ryan Tannehill!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm, I'll start from 2007: These are the guys I wanted when it was our turn to pick, not necessarily who I wanted before the draft started. Bc unless he's on the board it's pretty useless to say who you wanted.

07: Wanted Reggie Nelson, we drafted Aaron Ross.
08: Wanted Kenny Phillips or Antoine Cason. Got Kenny Phillips
09: Wanted Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt or Rey Maluaga. Got Hakeem Nicks.
10: Wanted JPP or Sean Weatherspoon. Got JPP.
11: Wanted Jimmy Smith, Prince, or Ingram. Got Prince
12: Stephin Hill or Cordy Glenn. David Wilson was like 3rd or 4th on my list, I forget. Anyway, we got David Wilson

I used to fall in love with 1 prospect, but I learned not to do that. I just want good players. So I have a list of guys I like and guys I don't like. And as long as we take a guy from my list of guys I like I'm happy.

In a dream world i want Ansah this year, but if it doesn't happen, I have a list of like 10 guys I wouldnt mind having.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
He was an underaged, undersized defensive tackle. That's pretty much a recipe for not panning out. Wasn't he like barely 20 when he was drafted? and only 285 lbs or something?

Edit: Nevermind, think I confused his 40 time with his weight. 4.85 at 302 lbs. 19 years old. Still crazy young to be thrown into the NFL, but it seemed like everything was there.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 02-11-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
He was an underaged, undersized defensive tackle. That's pretty much a recipe for not panning out. Wasn't he like barely 20 when he was drafted? and only 285 lbs or something?

Edit: Nevermind, think I confused his 40 time with his weight. 4.85 at 302 lbs. 19 years old. Still crazy young to be thrown into the NFL, but it seemed like everything was there.
I call ******** on his age, but that's just me. I never liked him. He went from the 2nd round to top 10 in like a month bc of his age and potential.

To be fair, i liked Jamal Anderson so womp to me.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills - 2005 we didnt have a 1st rnd pick.

2006 - Wanted Brodrick Bunkley, We Took Donte Whitner. Least enjoyable draft of all time with us picking him @ 8. Bunkley has been solid but not spectacular.

2007 - Wanted Patrick Willis or Marshawn Lynch. We took BeatMode after Willis went the pick in front of us. Had an awesome rookie year, then sucked, now is awesome again. Wish we had the chance at Willis.

2008 - Wanted Keith Rivers, Took Leodis McKelvin. Both have been 1st rnd busts so whatevs.

2009 - Wanted Brian Orakpo, Took Aaron Maybin. Was ready to choke someone when we took Maybin and I was dead on.

2010 - Wanted Dez Bryant, Took CJ Spiller. I still liked the Spiller pick but didn't understand it at time when we had Lynch/FJax. Both Dez and Spiller are beasts.

2011- Wanted Marcel Dareus, We took Marcel Dareus. I am happy with this pick but the only thing I must add. I was adament on not taking Von Miller because i thought he was a huge reach at #3. So Im stupid.

2012- Wanted Mark Barron, Took Stephen Gilmore. Hated the pick but I will say he played very good against alot of challenges from #1 WR's this year.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 02-11-2013 at 06:55 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my best memories before 05ish was the fact I was enamored with Ellis Hobbs. I thought he was gonna be a steal. Turns out he was.

I also loved Seneca Wallace.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

'08: I wanted Derrick Harvey and we got Derrick Harvey. And then we moved up to get Quentin Groves and while I wasn't all that enamored with him, I thought we'd finally fixed the pass-rush. Sigh...

'10: Wanted Clausen and was really pissed that we passed on him at the time.

To counter-balance the crap, I did want Aaron Rodgers really, really bad in '05 because I just didn't like what I saw out of Leftwich and we ended up taking Cokehead Matt instead. SIGH...
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Leonsandcastle
Rookie

Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2005 wanted Shawn Merriman got BMW
2006 wanted Ernie Sims got Sims
2007 wanted Joe Thomas got Calvin Johnson
2008 wanted Branden Albert or Jeff Otah got Gosder Cherilus
2009 wanted Eugene Monroe got Matthew Stafford
2010 wanted Ndamukong Suh got Suh
2011 wanted Robert Quinn got Nick Fairley
2012 wanted David DeCastro got Riley Reiff
2013 want Luke Joeckel
Leonsandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:33 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2006 wanted Deangelo Williams got Chad Greenway (I always thought that Deangelo was better than Reggie Bush as a RB)
2007 Wanted Sidney Rice got Adrian Peterson: probably my worst call ever, I kept complaining that Taylor was good and Peterson was too injury prone. Really was not a fan. Did get Rice though.
2008 Wanted Felix Jones (I loved him irrationally, and knew DMC was going early) Got Jared Allen.
2009 Wanted Harvin got Harvin (Really wanted Andre Smith, but he didn't fall)
2010 Wanted Kyle Wilson got out of Round 1 (Disgruntled, but can't really complain, wasn't a steep drop)
2011 Wanted Ryan Mallett (Badly) Got Christian Ponder (Screamed with rage in the airport bar where I saw it)
2012 Wanted Kalil (So badly that I followed USC football every time I could over anything else) Got Kalil
2013 Want Keenan Allen now (Wanted Justin Hunter before Harvin became trade bait and wanted Glennon before he decided to go all Ryan Mallett with his QB decision skills)

Hackenberg vs Morris vs Browne!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:37 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I clearly remember the 2007 draft. I spent the entire second day (when there were only 2 days) filled with excitement as each round came to our pick...by the end of the day I was screaming at the TV because we kept on passing on Brandon Siler...4th round, 5th round, 6th round...the Chargers ended up taking him early in the 7th round and I can still vividly see Mike Mayock saying, "And this right here is what separates the good teams from the bad ones when it comes to the draft. I can think of several losing teams that would get better with a kid like this, and the Chargers nab him in the 7th round. And they don't even need a linebacker. He probably won't be a star, but he will be a good player for the next 10 years in this league." I felt a huge lump in my throat knowing that my team was one of those teams that was horrible at drafting talent.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:54 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But as it turned out, Brandon Siler sucked and San Diego needed a linebacker after all. Just felt the need to add that in there.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
But as it turned out, Brandon Siler sucked and San Diego needed a linebacker after all. Just felt the need to add that in there.
You know, he has played 6 years in the league and has been a decent backup. I think that is way more than you get out of most 7th round picks. which is totally beside the fact that you completely missed the whole context of my post.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
That's a frustrating guy, for sure. In 2011, he was still flashing that top ten talent every once in a while. He's got the physical skills. He's got a top ten IQ, as far as NFL players go. He's still only 25. He's already a bust, but I still have hope that someone can coach him into being a really good 4-3 UT.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
You know, he has played 6 years in the league and has been a decent backup. I think that is way more than you get out of most 7th round picks. which is totally beside the fact that you completely missed the whole context of my post.
I didn't miss the context, I just think it's funny how it turned out.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I didn't miss the context, I just think it's funny how it turned out.
I don't like your sig sir!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only one I'm embarrassed about was wanting BMW back in 05, but Detroit came in and saved the day. At least Merriman gave us those 3 amazing years which were worth that #12 pick.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
The only one I'm embarrassed about was wanting BMW back in 05, but Detroit came in and saved the day. At least Merriman gave us those 3 amazing years which were worth that #12 pick.
It's a shame what happened to him. He was the most dominant OLB I saw since LT during that 3 year span. Ware is obviously better and more consistent, but Merriman's best year still is better than Ware's best year in my opinion. That year he had 18 sacks, he was unstoppable. Yes, I know Ware had 20 something one year but Ware can disappear at times. The year Merriman had 18 he was bringing heat all game long every game.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm let's see if memory serves me correctly... I started following the draft around 07. I will only post who I wanted from who was available on the board.

2007: Who the Giants got: CB Aaron Ross Texas... Who I wanted: LB Jon Beason Miami

- Although Ross was a contributor in our first super bowl run he was solid but definitely disappointed as a 1st rounder. Even though Beason has his injury woes now, he was a much better player in the league during his prime.

2008: Who the Giants got: S Kenny Phillips Miami... Who I wanted: S Kenny Phillips Miami

- Safety was far and away our biggest need; I could not believe someone projected top 10 at the beginning of that season could fall down to our pick. It was great and KP has been essential to the D and criminally underrated.

2009: Who the Giants got: WR Hakeem Nicks UNC... Who I wanted: WR Kenny Britt Rutgers

- I most likely fell under the sway of the hyping by the Rutgers guys in the Giants forum. I was a little upset we didn't take Kenny but Nicks turned out to be the right choice, and I wasn't all too upset with the pick either as WR was a big need and I did like Nicks.

2010: Who the Giants got: DE Jason Pierre-Paul USF... Who I wanted: LB Sean Weatherspoon Missouri

- I would be lying if I expected JPP or even wanted him, with the exception of BBD most Giants fans really hated the idea. Both have turned out to be fine players in the NFL, but I'll take a top caliber DE over a top caliber LB any day. Reese made the right move, although he has yet to fix that LB problem I have been eyeing since 09'.

2011: Who the Giants got: CB Prince Amukamara Nebraska... Who I wanted: OT Anthony Castonzo Boston College

- I wanted O-line all the way this year as that unit regressed tremendously. Castonzo seemed like match made in Giants' heaven smart BC player who can play the left or right and be a bookend for a decade. While I don't know how well he is doing in Indy, I think Reese again made a better pick with Prince and it was also very far-sighted as Prince looks to be our #1 corner next season.

2012: Who the Giants got: RB David Wilson Virginia Tech... Who I wanted: TE Coby Fleener Stanford

- We had literally no one at the TE position. I had no idea I would fall so deeply in love with the Black Unicorn, I pray he is brought back. With Ahmad Bradshaw cut, it definitely seems that JR has a better grasp on the future than I do, but that's what he is paid for.

Beason... KP... Britt... Weatherspoon... Castonzo... Fleener. Seems decent.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

I'll just keep it to the last ten years, and only the Bears' first pick each year, unless it was a trade down:

2003: Wanted to stay at #4 and take Byron Leftwich; traded down and took Michael Haynes + Rex Grossman. Wasn't in love with Leftwich, but I thought he could at least be an average NFL starter, which was better than what we'd had in a long time. After the trade down, I was pretty pissed off, but I wanted Troy Polamalu with the Haynes pick and Anquan Boldin with the Grossman pick. Hated both of the guys we got as prospects. Turned off the radio and never checked on rounds 2-7 until after the draft was over because I was so furious at how the first round turned out.

2004: No good QBs left when we picked, so I wanted Shawn Andrews; got Tommie Harris. Wasn't super heartbroken because Harris was a fantastic prospect, other than the terrible college injury history.

2005: Wanted Aaron Rodgers; got Cedric Benson. Literally threw my cup of coffee when I heard it in the radio at work. Rodgers was my #1 QB that year and I would never spend a first round pick on a RB. Again I ignored the draft from rounds 2-7 out of anger at the first round.

2006: All of the good QB prospects went way too early for us to make a run at, so when our pick at #26 rolled around, I wanted to stay there and take Chad Jackson; traded down and took Danieal Manning + Dusty Dvoracek with the picks. Can't even remember who I wanted with those picks now. Thought Manning was a huge reach and Dvoracek was a decent value...turns out I had them mixed up.

2007: Was dumbstruck the entire time Brady Quinn fell; wanted badly to trade up for him at every pick that went by; when #31 rolled around and he was off the board, wanted Greg Olsen; got Greg Olsen. Was suuuuuuuper pissed at not getting Quinn, but I was really high on Olsen, so I didn't flip out like 03 or 05.

2008: Resigned myself to just putting real talent around Orton and hoping he'd take a step forward. First time in forever that I didn't want to take a QB, which is good because the only one I liked in the entire draft went #3 overall. Wanted Ryan Clady. Went two picks before the Bears, so I wanted Brandon Albert; got Chris Williams instead. Wasn't angry about getting my #3 choice at all. I thought all three would end up being good LTs. Came away happy with the first round that year.

2009: Was ecstatic with the Cutler trade; our first pick was in the second, but we traded down, which I wanted to do. In the third, I wanted Ramses Barden; we took Jarron Gilbert. I wasn't mad about it. He was a boom-or-bust guy everyone wanted to take a shot on. The fourth we picked up from the trade down went to Henry Melton, which is a guy I wanted...except I wanted him as a DE instead of a DT, lol. My first choice for that pick was Arian Foster, though. I thought he'd be a pretty good change of pace from Forte. I look like a genius with that one, but I had no idea he'd end up being what he is now.

2010: Still no first because of the Cutler trade. No second because of Gaines Adams. Wanted Eric Decker in the third; took Major Wright. Was mad because I thought Decker was a sure thing and Wright was just another SS pick when it felt like we'd taken one every year since dinosaurs roamed the earth.

2011: Wanted Gabe Carimi; got Gabe Carimi. Was so happy.

2012: Wanted David DeCastro like a plant wants sunlight; got Shea McClellin. I was furious...I'm still furious.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-12-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2012 - Wanted RG3, Got RG3
Loved it.

2011 - Wanted Kerrigan, Got Kerrigan
I had my heart set on Locker but when he got picked at 8, I wanted Quinn at #10 before we traded back but once we slid to 16 i was hoping we'd land Kerrigan.

2010 - Wanted Okung, Got Trent Williams
In hindsight, very glad we went with Trent.

2009 - Wanted Orakpo, Got Orakpo
Holy Sh!#@ Orakpo is still on the board...team rushes to podium.

2008 - Wanted Cason/Jordy, Got Devin Thomas
Wanted Antoine Cason or Duane Brown in the first round before we traded back with Atlanta but always had Jordy targeted in the 2nd round in my Skins mocks leading up to the draft.

2007 - Wanted Landry, Got Landry
Wish I had been wrong. Loved the pick initially but unfortunately things went downhill every year until he left.

2006 - Wanted Greg Jennings, Got Rocky McIntosh
I was a big Jennings fan at the time. My buddy is a Packers fan and I remember calling him and telling him they got a steal when they picked Jennings in the late 2nd.

2005 - Wanted Aaron Rodgers, Got Carlos Rogers
This is the draft I look back on and am the most disappointed.