Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Love Werner to the Bills...ALL DAY
I am not as high on Werner, but could not deny his value at that spot. In regards to their priority needs is the main reason I dont like it, but a line of Werner, Williams(2), and Dareus is pretty sexy! If they can come out of the first 3 rounds with an impact player and a QB, I would be a happy camper :)
Old 02-07-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I always love your insights, so thanks for taking the time to spell it out.

But why don't you think Te'o fits with the Saints, especially since he played in a 3-4 in Notre Dame?
No problem, its always nice to dump the crap out of my head :)
I think Te'o would fit the Saints, and in fact be a better fit than Vilma and Lofton at ILB, but I dont see either of them moving outside, and with the current roster do not see ILB as that big of a need. Now if Vilma is released and Lofton traded (which I do not see), then maybe Te'o makes alot of sense. Even if Vilma (interestingly enough was traded because of a switch to a 3-4 by the Jets) is released, IMO they still have Lofton at ILB and nothing at OLB, which IMO is a much more pressing need. This is just my opinion, but if they want to legitimatly(spelling??) contend next year with the current roster and cap limitations pass rush is a priority, and ILB falls down the need, and they can keep Vilma and Lofton, get Jordan and Chase Thomas (who I have them taking in the 3rd round, which I will hopefully get done tommorrow) and have 4 quality LB's from which run the scheme successfully, and have a chance to win.
Skinny; Te'o is more of a lateral move, where as Jordan is more progressive IMO.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
No problem, its always nice to dump the crap out of my head :)
I think Te'o would fit the Saints, and in fact be a better fit than Vilma and Lofton at ILB, but I dont see either of them moving outside, and with the current roster do not see ILB as that big of a need. Now if Vilma is released and Lofton traded (which I do not see), then maybe Te'o makes alot of sense. Even if Vilma (interestingly enough was traded because of a switch to a 3-4 by the Jets) is released, IMO they still have Lofton at ILB and nothing at OLB, which IMO is a much more pressing need. This is just my opinion, but if they want to legitimatly(spelling??) contend next year with the current roster and cap limitations pass rush is a priority, and ILB falls down the need, and they can keep Vilma and Lofton, get Jordan and Chase Thomas (who I have them taking in the 3rd round, which I will hopefully get done tommorrow) and have 4 quality LB's from which run the scheme successfully, and have a chance to win.
Skinny; Te'o is more of a lateral move, where as Jordan is more progressive IMO.
Vilma will be cut for sure. The reason he left NYJ is because they switched to a 3-4 and he couldn't handle it.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Vilma will be cut for sure. The reason he left NYJ is because they switched to a 3-4 and he couldn't handle it.
Has he stated he wants to stay? Havent heard. Even if he is cut, I think they can get a Nico Johnson or FA thumper type and be better off IMO bringing in some pass rushers via the draft and not have the cap implications.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

absolutely hate dion jordan as a prospect but it does make sense positionwise

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although I love the Oakland explanation, you lost me at "look of an NFL QB" when describing Glennon. So, being the Russell Wilson doesn't have the look, does he have less value??
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ShockTreatment
Rookie

ShockTreatment could make a wolverine purr.ShockTreatment could make a wolverine purr.ShockTreatment could make a wolverine purr.ShockTreatment could make a wolverine purr.ShockTreatment could make a wolverine purr.ShockTreatment could make a wolverine purr.

Good mock.
ShockTreatment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Although I love the Oakland explanation, you lost me at "look of an NFL QB" when describing Glennon. So, being the Russell Wilson doesn't have the look, does he have less value??
What about "look of an NFL QB" got you lost? I was not clear; ok, he looks like a prototypical NFL QB, or even if it is a old school view, he looks like an old school or prototypical QB, his stature fits the mold of what is/has been desired physically in NFL QB's, more specifically in regards to his height.
Russell Wilson does not fit that mold, and at no point did I state Russell Wilson was any less valuable. In fact, if I could go back and change my second round grade on Wilson last year I would, hijack the Bills draft card from the last draft that read: Stephon Gilmore, and replace it with one that read Russell Wilson, I would.
In no way, shape or form would I imply that the look of an NFL quarterback implies anything other that a commonly held belief, wrong or right, in professional scouting/personnel circles, that is well documented historically, has anything to do with their success. Because it is just not. Glennon however, fits this percieved mold, which I think has some meritt to it, but by no means is a absolute recipe for success. Here is an article that talks about QB's under 6' tall (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...69909752.html), pun intended, look how short (literally) it is. Historically speaking they do not fit the mold, or if you will, look of an NFL QB. If you would like to discuss the average height and typical features of NFL QB's and which one "looks" more like an NFL QB, we can do that dance.
Again, I would love to have Wilson on my team leading it, regardless of what he looks like, or his stature, the man is a flat out player.

Last edited by Poz51 : 02-07-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible trade for the Bears. Trade back 22 picks and don't have anything to show for it until 2014. I do like the thought of having more picks in a better draft but not at the expense of getting a much lesser player this year. Make that same trade and stay in the top 35-38 and im ok with it.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Terrible trade for the Bears. Trade back 22 picks and don't have anything to show for it until 2014. I do like the thought of having more picks in a better draft but not at the expense of getting a much lesser player this year. Make that same trade and stay in the top 35-38 and im ok with it.
I am going to examine this a couple ways.
1 - Would you rather have Kyle Long at 20, or at 42 and a 2nd and 4th next year.
2 - Which player do you miss out on that is much lesser of a player at 42, that is not there at 42, but available at 35-38?
Old 02-12-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not upset with the Chase Thomas pick, but we have Martez Wilson, Junior Galette, and you are projecting Dion Jordan, which is a fantastic pick. I think at this stage, a CB, S, OT, or NT would be a better pick.

But a guy I see there that intrigues me is Da'Rick Rogers. As you said, he's a first round talent but has some off the field concerns. Still, he has bit play ability and would be going to a high-character locker room. While our offense continues to produce at a high clip, our WRs did show the inability to get separation at time. We would use a big target like Rogers who is good in the short passing game but equally adept at getting down field for the big play.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote