Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Already traded our first this coming year (well it is top three protected) so I would rather try to win than tank. The Raps need to try and build a team like the Pistons of old, I think that is the only way they will make noise.
Oh right. In that case, I agree with ya.

Can't believe OKC is getting that pick.

With OKC not having lost a beat, I wonder if people are still bashing that Harden trade. I defended it at the time and the jury is still out, but I think that pick could play a big role in OKC being able to beat Miami if they make the right pick.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Ben Wallace and Chauncey Billups were considerably better than any player the Raptors have ever had.
Jonas V will be better than both of them.

But really now you are being foolish. At no point did I say the Raps are close to as good as that Pistons team but if they want to win a championship that is the kind of team that will have to emulate. I don't see it happening but I have had to put up with years of watching awful basketball. Since the *** trade the team is exciting and competing with some really great teams.
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Dwight.... Shut up already.

Howard claims opponents trying to hurt his shoulder

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-rou...nlwYWdl;_ylv=3
Old 02-12-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Jonas V will be better than both of them.

But really now you are being foolish. At no point did I say the Raps are close to as good as that Pistons team but if they want to win a championship that is the kind of team that will have to emulate. I don't see it happening but I have had to put up with years of watching awful basketball. Since the *** trade the team is exciting and competing with some really great teams.
The team was built on the best defender in basketball who gobbled up rebounds and blocked more shots than any player in the NBA. There is no building a team like that, especially since they didn't have TWO overpaid chuckers like DeRozan and ***.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The team was built on the best defender in basketball who gobbled up rebounds and blocked more shots than any player in the NBA. There is no building a team like that, especially since they didn't have TWO overpaid chuckers like DeRozan and ***.
You do realize that the Raptors are an incredibly young team right? Derozan frustrates the hell out of me but he is still developing, Lowry needs to step up his game, *** can still get better, I love what I am seeing from Amir, Jonas V will be a stud imo, Bargnani is on an awful contract but has played well coming off the bench since returning from injury and despite what has been said about him he can still score, Ross has a ton of potential that I worry he will never fulfil but he could end up being a stud, and then there is Fields is is so massively overpaid but is kind of a glue guy. All of these guys are still young. With a few keys trades and a couple of years of working together they could be a great team. Now again I don't think a championship is in the cards but like I have said at least this team is really fun to watch now.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are young, but they don't have a star or anything close to it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-12-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
They are young, but they don't have a star or anything close to it.
Jonas V son. In a couple years everyone will know him as one of the best C's in the game. *** may not be a star but he is clutch as ****. Ross and Derozan I don't see being stars but are still young and getting better. If the Raps want to make noise it will be by playing great D and on the back of an an incredibly athletic team. You can keep hating on the *** trade but the Raptors are a much better team since the trade.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Why is Brodeur hating the Rudy Cool trade?

BTW, why did Memphis do it?
Old 02-12-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Because Rudy's contract is an abortion and they're better off without him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-12-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Grizz got cap relief and Ed Davis who I really like. I think they will move Randolph at some point and Davis will end up starting.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Because Rudy's contract is an abortion and they're better off without him.
Yeah, but now Memphis is going nowhere fast. At least they were legitimately a dark horse championship contender.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They were a game away from the WCF without *** 2 years ago, and now Conley and Gasol are better players. I don't think you can really rule them out.

I like Rudy more than Brodeur, but I think a lot of what he says is pretty spot on. His contract is terrible, he isnt someone who can lead a great team, he isnt really great at anything, etc. Nice player, could be a good #3 option behind a great guard/big combo, but yea, pairing his contract/skillset with Derozan's contract/skillset just seems like a disaster.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What exactly would the Raptors do this off season if they had cap room? People hate the Rudy trade in part due to his contract combining with other poor contracts, but how is having cap space going to help the Raptors? The only way they can sign players in FA is by grossly overpaying (Turkoglu, Fields, etc.) so if they had to overpay someone I'd rather it be Rudy than someone like Kevin Martin in FA. They are a better team with him.
Taber21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
What exactly would the Raptors do this off season if they had cap room? People hate the Rudy trade in part due to his contract combining with other poor contracts, but how is having cap space going to help the Raptors? The only way they can sign players in FA is by grossly overpaying (Turkoglu, Fields, etc.) so if they had to overpay someone I'd rather it be Rudy than someone like Kevin Martin in FA. They are a better team with him.
Having cap space is going to be a significant asset in the coming years with the changes to the luxury tax system. Outside of the Knicks and Lakers very few teams are going to be willing to pay the tax and will be desperate to get under the line. Having cap space will allow teams to take advantage of this situation by taking on contracts while picking up a young player or pick, and collecting assets like that is what enables teams to eventually make the big trade for actual star players (see Houston with the Harden trade.)
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
Having cap space is going to be a significant asset in the coming years with the changes to the luxury tax system. Outside of the Knicks and Lakers very few teams are going to be willing to pay the tax and will be desperate to get under the line. Having cap space will allow teams to take advantage of this situation by taking on contracts while picking up a young player or pick, and collecting assets like that is what enables teams to eventually make the big trade for actual star players (see Houston with the Harden trade.)
Yes that would be ideal, but that requires a player willing to sign an extension with the team. I don't know how many "star" players in the league would be willing to sign an extension with the Raptors, but my guess would be zero. Rudy may very well be the best player in the league that would be willing to play long term with the Raptors at this time. Is he overpaid? Absolutely. Would the Raptors get anyone better in FA or sign and trade? No.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont understand why players dont want to go to Toronto. That city is awesome.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I dont understand why players dont want to go to Toronto. That city is awesome.
Taxes, customs, ignorance, and the lack of national US exposure. All on top of them never really having a good team.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

For the most part when players actually end up in Toronto they love it but Taber is right about why players do not want to go. I have to think at some point that attitude will change but for now Toronto will always have to overpay by quite a bit for talent.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
At the same time, looking at the FA classes ahead... it doesn't look good.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Another game winner for Rudy ***. It was a good trade :)
Old 02-12-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

George Karl is such a goddamn idiot with rotations.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-12-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

King ******* James.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
King ******* James.
MVP! MVP! MVP!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron is just such a distraction now too. They just left Bosh wide open from his money spot to double Lebron in the post. And it wasn't just the double....everyone was at least half focused on Lebron the entire time.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Kevin Durant but I don't see how you can give him the MVP over James.