Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-20-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.
Default Ok...Now I'm really confused

Here's some of the guys in Arrowhead this week:

they met this week at Arrowhead Stadium with at least four of the higher-profile running backs available in the coming draft: California’s Marshawn Lynch, Ohio State’s Antonio Pittman, Florida State’s Lorenzo Booker and Louisville’s Kolby Smith.

It states in the story that Peterson is telling the agents for these guys that we are planning on taking a running back with an early round pick. I know there are a lot of smoke screens at this time of year, but that's a lot of guys to go through just to drum up interest. I'm really starting to wonder if there is an LJ deal in the works somewhere.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Booker and Smith seem more like 3rd down backs to me, I would be surprised if they were counted on to carry the load.

Also, I'm certain this is just smokescreen.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they must not feel Bennett can stay healthy if they're thinking of taking a back early.personally I'd rather take Dwayne Wright in the 5th then spend a 1st day pick on RB when we need to address other areas
Old 04-20-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even then, if Mike Bennet can't stay healthy, it sounds like Ross is doing awesome in Europe...I'm not sure if it's a smokescreen or not, Herm does like to have alot of Running backs.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So after reading the article on KCchiefs.com(http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/04...draft_preview/) I think regardless of position, Herm is going BPA.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
So after reading the article on KCchiefs.com(http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/04...draft_preview/) I think regardless of position, Herm is going BPA.

Interesting read. Thanks for the link.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Allright, so my vote goes to Justin Harrell out of UT, He's a team-first, tough(mentally and physically) guy and we need a DT. His stock is rising so I think he's in our range.Thoughts?
Old 04-21-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Allright, so my vote goes to Justin Harrell out of UT, He's a team-first, tough(mentally and physically) guy and we need a DT. His stock is rising so I think he's in our range.Thoughts?

I like Harrell, but with all of the recent signings I'm not sure if we are going DT early on. My wishlist at this point would be:

1. Staley
2. Bowe
3. Meachum
4. Harrell
5. Grubbs

This seems to change by the minute though. I'm really hoping we are able to acquire some extra picks before the draft.