Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
What do you guys think of Sheldon Richardson out of Missouri? There are a lot of top flight DTs out there this year and he might be my favorite. He has a non-stop motor and can be great playing next to Linval.
Growing on me a lot. But he won't be there.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It all depends on the Cruz situation. If some team does end up getting him and we have 2 first rounders then most likely we're going to have spend one of them on a WR also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahah!!

I shall revolt! All offense! Just reading your post made my buttock clench. No defensive draft! Wait until Gilbride leaves and we install a great system! Viva la offense! If we draft a mid round OL player you will hear me from South Jersey!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Growing on me a lot. But he won't be there.
It's a long shot but he could slide. Shariff Floyd is shooting up boards and Star was already a top 5 pick. It's unlikely but suppose a team is looking for more of an NT Hankins could be selected ahead of Richardson as well.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Dallas taking him. Dallas has a lot of the same needs as us so it's gonna be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am wondering if there might be some viable trade options at our need positions.

One guy I think might be an intriguin trade option is Bengals LB Dontay Moch, he seems like an intriguing prospect with size, speed and potential and probably would cost something like what we gave up for Rivers.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:33 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can see Dallas taking him. Dallas has a lot of the same needs as us so it's gonna be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out.
This scares me a lot. I can envision scenarios where we are sitting on draft day and praying some great player will last to our selection, only to have the Cowboys scoop him up one pick ahead of us. It would be terrible if for example Ansah went to them at #18, one pick ahead of us.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i could see us jumping up to 17 if that happened with us and the cowboys both needing front 7 guys, mainly DL.

aren't they switching to a 4-3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are. If Spencer stays they probably don't have much use for an edge rusher. They probably have a use for a DT for sure though. I could see them taking a DT early.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I hope they keep Spencer for that reason. I'd hate to see us miss out on Ziggy bc Dallas took him 1 pick before us.

To be fair, Ziggy probably won't last that long anyway, but still.

They need DT, we need DT. They need OL, we need OL. They need a safety, we may need a safety, they could use another CB, we could use another CB.

The only need we have that they don't is LB.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we need a S. Rolle, Brown, Hill, Sash, and possibly Thomas should be enough. If Phillips re-signs then obviously we're really set.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-12-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That's fair. I think Sash gets cut though if we re-sign KP. Bc we're keeping Brown, Rolle, KP, Hill, and I don't see us having 5 safeties on the roster.

I'm going into the season with the assumption that Thomas doesn't make it out of the PS, so I'm gonna hold off on including him in any roster discussions. I'm rooting hard for the guy, but I just don't see it happening.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't understand why Dallas is switching. They've got 2 super ILB's in Lee and Carter. What? Moving one to OLB? D-War to DE? meh.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's fair. I think Sash gets cut though if we re-sign KP. Bc we're keeping Brown, Rolle, KP, Hill, and I don't see us having 5 safeties on the roster.

I'm going into the season with the assumption that Thomas doesn't make it out of the PS, so I'm gonna hold off on including him in any roster discussions. I'm rooting hard for the guy, but I just don't see it happening.
I am not sure KP gets re-signed. With his degenerative knee condition, my guess is we let him go, and use our other safeties. I'd be surprised if we re-signed KP actually.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Skunk: Giants 5 Mil under after Thomas' new deal.

Via Twitter:

Ralph Vacchiano & #8207;@RVacchianoNYDN

Terrell Thomas' cap number is listed at $1.45M (some prorated bonuses hold over). ... My new math has Giants about $5M under projected cap.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i don't understand why Dallas is switching. They've got 2 super ILB's in Lee and Carter. What? Moving one to OLB? D-War to DE? meh.
Their ILBs will be fine in either scheme. They're not effect. Ware is a pass rusher, he's not effected. He's gonna be rushing the passer just like before. They have to either draft a LE or re-sign Spencer and keep him at LE (which he's very capable of doing) or sign a FA LE.

I've actually been an advocate for the 4-3 in Dallas for several years now. It'll work fine.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am not sure KP gets re-signed. With his degenerative knee condition, my guess is we let him go, and use our other safeties. I'd be surprised if we re-signed KP actually.
If we're concerned about his knee, so is everyone else. That would bring the price down. If we can offer him a fair contract I would hope he bring him back.

There's no denying that our defense is light years better with KP in the lineup. He's instrumental to our coverage on the back end. It's a day and night difference with him back there.

Just because Stevie Brown got a couple of lucky INTs doesn't mean we'll be fine without KP. Losing KP is a huge blow. Stevie Brown is not very good. I hope everyone realizes that.

KP on the other hand, is very good. A lot better than most people realize.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
If we're concerned about his knee, so is everyone else. That would bring the price down. If we can offer him a fair contract I would hope he bring him back.

There's no denying that our defense is light years better with KP in the lineup. He's instrumental to our coverage on the back end. It's a day and night difference with him back there.

Just because Stevie Brown got a couple of lucky INTs doesn't mean we'll be fine without KP. Losing KP is a huge blow. Stevie Brown is not very good. I hope everyone realizes that.

I've been saying this all year. I think most of us feel the same way. Kenny's a must re-sign for me.
Quote:
Old 02-12-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I've been saying this all year. I think most of us feel the same way. Kenny's a must re-sign for me.
Yeah same here. He's a must re-sign to me. I actually think he's a higher priority than Joseph on defense. But the rumblings scare me bc it doesn't sound like the Giants feel the same way.

I hope they can work something out. We can live without CWeb, we can live without Osi, Tuck. We can manage without Joseph. But we can't lose KP. That's a crippling blow to our defense.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see where you are coming from about Phillips BBD, however, our medical staff will have a much more detailed understanding of the situation with Phillips knee and the likely prognosis down the track. Other teams may have concerns but are on the outside looking in.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-12-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

For be resigning Phillips is something I'd like to see but not must have.

It really all depends on how just much and what we can afford.

I would hate it if we resigned Phillips at the expense of someone like Beatty, Nicks, Cruz or Bennett for example.

I think we would be ok with Rolle, Sash, Hill and Brown if need be. There are also good options in the draft we could look at.

Getting healthier needs to be a priority this offseason and I believe that is factors in the cuts to date.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I guess it really does depend on what his medical says. That's information none of us have. Just gotta trust Reese to make the right decision there.

I trust Reese period. That's one thing we're spoiled with. We have one of the best GMs in the business.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think they are looking at a hybrid defense similar to what Seattle currently play. It's officially a 4-3 with a lot of 3-4 elements.
Remember Monte Kiffin had a lot to do with Pete Carroll's defenses.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

Well there was stuff about KP not happy with the scheme and medical staff regarding his care for his knee. So we will see that works. I never thought KP played to his potential from what was expected about that player who made bone jarring hits and making Ints left and right. The scheme doesn't play to his skills either. He is a glorified deep S.

Brown is a playmaker who creates sudden momentum changes. Not saying he is better than KP, but I am willing to see how he does another year and see if he can replicate his success in this scheme. I know the Panthers are eyeing KP and there was an article about that.

I think we can let KP go and we will be fine. Maybe if we actually blitzed we can reduce the amount of time a QB has in the pocket. That would help for starters. KP was solid but never played to his potential. I am not re-signing him with other safties waiting. That's money we can use for other players and positions.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think KP returns. It seemed to me like he wants to get out of here and I think another team will be willing to throw more money at him than Reese will.

sig by BoneKrusher