Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind the Seahawks going back to the Tennessee pool and seeing how much Jared Cook's going to want.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
This is just incorrect. Dorsey was a monster prospect. He was put in a scheme that played to zero of his strengths and all of his weaknesses. There were a ton of people who thought he was the correct pick for the Falcons that year (over Matt Ryan).Revisionist history round these parts, I tell you...Gets worse and worse.
Yeah, I wanted either Dorsey or McFadden and only came to terms with Ryan shortly before the draft.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny because Carl Peterson was on a local radio station recently and said they tried hard to trade up for Ryan but the Falcons weren't having it.

Can you imagine that draft for the Chiefs if we landed Ryan?

Matt Ryan
Branden Albert
Brandon Flowers
Jamaal Charles
Brandon Carr

That would have been a godtier draft.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It's funny because Carl Peterson was on a local radio station recently and said they tried hard to trade up for Ryan but the Falcons weren't having it.

Can you imagine that draft for the Chiefs if we landed Ryan?

Matt Ryan
Branden Albert
Brandon Flowers
Jamaal Charles
Brandon Carr

That would have been a godtier draft.
If you traded up for Ryan you wouldn't have all those players bc you'd give up picks to get him.

Plus Peterson is full of ****, bc the #1 overall pick was for sale, Ryan went 3 overall. Hell, #2 was for sale too. If he really wanted Ryan he could have got him. Atlanta didn't move to 1 to get him.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I can believe that Peterson is full of ****, because he had it pouring out of his ears when he was here, but can't you just let me dream about what could have been?!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Well, I can believe that Peterson is full of ****, because he had it pouring out of his ears when he was here, but can't you just let me dream about what could have been?!
It's ok bro, you're getting Geno!

Just keep believing. You gotta believe!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's ok bro, you're getting Geno!

Just keep believing. You gotta believe!
I'm trying!

In unrelated news: Bears terminate the contract of Johnny Knox.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knox needs to retire, he should be lucky he can still walk around normally after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Knox needs to retire, he should be lucky he can still walk around normally after that.
Yeah, no kidding. That's the type of hit that makes parents not let their kids play football.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it hilarious reading the coments on the Bears Facebook page about this. Here are a few.

Quote:
Biggest Mistake ever!

That's the wrong player people. GET RID OF CUTLER!

This is nasty. True fans should give up on the program.

WHY????

Wow, that's stupid. C'mon Bears WTF man?

Bears will regret this decision.
I guess there are a bunch of "fans" who don't realize Knox might never play again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of people getting really worked up over the Bears not paying a guy 1.26M to sit on IR all season again weighing 150 lbs because he's not even cleared to lift. Career's done.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-12-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I 100% support this guy's candidacy for Cowboys GM.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Danny Amendola is Wes Welker, except he has the amazing hands TV guys pretend Welker has and he plays with a bad QB instead of Brady. Harvin's an upgrade over Amendola or Welker, but he's a pain in the ass who's about to be expensive.
To be fair, Welker did have those amazing hands for quite a few years. He's been in decline for 3 seasons and it always takes TV guys a few seasons to get the correct information fed to them. I think the market for Amendola will be hotter than most expect and the market for Welker will be cooler than most expect.

Also, this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Amendola can't stay healthy. I'm not sure he'll thrive in NE getting lit up 10 times a game like Welker did. The guy is made of glass. Theoretically he makes perfect sense, but I just question his health. And Welker takes a beating in that scheme. Amendola would wind up on IR within 3 games.
I like Amendola but don't see him as a wise investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I wouldn't mind the Seahawks going back to the Tennessee pool and seeing how much Jared Cook's going to want.
Why? Throwing $$$ at any TE is dumb with the way Pete ignores them.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I was wondering about that one myself. The TE they have is the best receiver on the team, but basically blocks all game. Why add another receiving TE?

Still think Amendola goes to a real team and puts up 1k yards easy enough on a bargain of a contract. :P
Old 02-12-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was wondering about that one myself. The TE they have is the best receiver on the team, but basically blocks all game. Why add another receiving TE?
I keep waiting for McCoy's breakout season, tbh. He looks like the type of kid that could beast if he was force fed for a bit to get him over the hump. That's not happening anytime soon in that offense, though.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
I keep waiting for McCoy's breakout season, tbh. He looks like the type of kid that could beast if he was force fed for a bit to get him over the hump. That's not happening anytime soon in that offense, though.
I wish he would break out so they'd release Zach Miller and let him go catch passes somewhere. Still confused by that signing.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I wish he would break out so they'd release Zach Miller and let him go catch passes somewhere. Still confused by that signing.
Me, too. I can't help but wonder if Miller knew he was effectively returning to the Mike Martz system.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Still think Amendola goes to a real team and puts up 1k yards easy enough on a bargain of a contract. :P
I know there are more pressing needs but I really, really want Amendola on the Broncos.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I resent that remark. The Rams are one of the better up and coming teams in the league. Playoffs, this year:-)
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I resent that remark. The Rams are one of the better up and coming teams in the league. Playoffs, this year:-)
You guys getting a new quarterback I don't know about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Knox. People rightfully bitched about his route running all the time, but if he had been healthy this year, the offense may have been able to complete a pass more than 20 yards down the field. Sucks that he's probably done.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really admired Knox's game. There aren't very many guys who are capable of averaging 19 yards per catch over a two year span. I think he'd have had a bright future in the NFL.

Last edited by WCH : 02-12-2013 at 05:30 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cook has also been complaining to anyone that will listen all season about not being one of the focal points of the offense. He won't be happy anywhere unless he's getting the ball quite a bit.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I liked Knox. People rightfully bitched about his route running all the time, but if he had been healthy this year, the offense may have been able to complete a pass more than 20 yards down the field. Sucks that he's probably done.
I dunno. Was he gonna pass block to allow enough time for a deep route?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I really admired Knox's game. There aren't very many guys who are capable of averaging 19 yards per catch over a two year span. I think he'd have had a bright future in the NFL.
He was pretty overrated because he just got a lot of targets by default. He'd keep falling down or giving up on routes, which resulted in INTs because Cutler was throwing at where he was going to be if he'd not ****** up. PFF had a breakdown a while back that showed Knox being the sole factor in like a third of Cutler's INTs one year. He had one of the lowest catch to target ratios in the league, too.