Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-12-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The finale of 30 rock was so great. Rewatching it now until I have to head back in. "Making america ask TGS? What, why?"
You know what sucks more than Mighty Python? 30 Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
It's really hard to take your views on TV shows seriously when you watch The Bachelor! THE BACHELOR MAN! C'mon son!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I love you braheem, but your taste is worse than Brodie's.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It's really hard to take your views on TV shows seriously when you watch The Bachelor! THE BACHELOR MAN! C'mon son!
I've never said the Bachelor is good television. But it is fun to watch all the crazy women and make snarky Tweets about how dumb the guys are for not seeing the crazy. For what the Bachelor is supposed to be, it does it well.

On the other hand, 30 Rock is supposed to be a comedy. But I watched entire season 4 of the show (along with a bunch of other episodes scattered across the series) and there were multiple episodes where I barely even chuckled. I find it hard to call a comedy good when it doesn't even make me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't like a show you don't like it, but that doesn't mean it's a bad show. It just means that it isn't your cup of tea.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I watched the first season of Girls and liked it enough, but I have no idea why people are jizzing over it so hard now. The second season is meh.

edit: The Hour was canceled by BBC.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The past two episodes of Girls have been among the best of the series and cement the show as one of the best on television right now imo. I know when Sunday rolls around I am watching Girls before every other show that night.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I just don't see how anyone can say Girls is one of the best shows on TV, but to each his own.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just don't see how anyone can say Girls is one of the best shows on TV, but to each his own.
Like I have said before, I don't see how anyone can say otherwise. I am also just talking about right now. There are a number of shows I prefer to it that are between seasons but right now it is a top 5 show to me.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Girls wouldn't crack top 15 for me right now, and some of my favorite shows aren't even on.

Like I said, to each his own.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm with you. I watched the first five episodes of season one and it never really kept my interest. It also didn't help that I only liked one of the characters.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone ever seen Inbetweeners? Just started watching it. It's actually not as dry as most other British comedies I've watched.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Inbetweeners may be the best comedy made in the past 10 years. It's quite simply brilliant.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Inbetweeners is really funny. Peep Show is better.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
The Inbetweeners may be the best comedy made in the past 10 years. It's quite simply brilliant.
Arrested Development. You lose.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Arrested development at this very moment. I cannot wait for new episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a perfectly reasonable problem with girls and its obvious... lena dunham
TitansCJftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
There is a perfectly reasonable problem with girls and its obvious... lena dunham
Her body is yucky.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I could even get past that if I cared about the story and her problems, but I honestly couldn't care less about what she's gunna do once mommy and daddy cut her off.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Her body is yucky.
I loved the last episode and how it touched on her insecurities. Her body being yucky is partially what makes her character work.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I loved the last episode and how it touched on her insecurities. Her body being yucky is partially what makes her character work.
I felt like she was trying to copy Louis CK, but failed.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I felt like she was trying to copy Louis CK, but failed.
I think she is doing her own thing. Seemed genuine to me but fair enough. I love Louie and do think it is a better show than Girls.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bachelor > Vidae
Old 02-13-2013, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
HAha, Brody such an asss...or is it heel?

but a bit of both. Season 1 was all book 1, season 2 was a mix of books 2 and 3. Have to wonder if they start making a few things up. Books 2 and 3 have so much detail and action each can make their own season.

I'm sure this season still has some of 3 in it.

Also they say he Martin will die before he finishes the books. The first few that come out in the 90s were instant. Books 5 and 6 took fooooreeevver.
This post is almost entirely wrong so I figured I'd sort this out in case people get confused. Season 2 of Game of Thrones wasn't a mix of books 2 and 3, its pretty much exclusively the second book (I only say pretty much because there might be a couple of minutes out of the 10 hours of season 2 that might have been taken from the third book that I'm not remembering off the top of my head). This season will be based on the third book, which is also the longest of the series (the 5th might be longer I don't know because I have a hard-cover version and the rest of them are all soft-cover).

The reason people might get confused about this is because two years ago the creators said they would consider making the third book into two seasons or bring chunks of it into the second season to make the sheer size of the third book more manageable in 10 episodes. That never really happened though.

Another reason why this has caused some confusion is because the fourth and fifth books for the most part take place at the same time. In case you are unaware, the way that GRRM writes the series, the chapters are all POVs, so the fourth book contains the POVs of a handful of characters and the fifth book contains the POVs of a handful of different characters, all of which take place at roughly the same time in the ASOIAF world. I guess technically speaking, the fifth book eventually starts to take place "after" the fourth book about half way through.

With that in mind, the fourth/fifth season of Game of Thrones will all but certainly be a blend of the fourth and fifth books. Also, there have only been 5 books released so far, the sixth book is being written right now. If book-readers are interested there are two full chapters from the sixth book, The Winds of Winter, that GRRM has released already. I'm sure you can find them if you want to.

The reason people say that the show will out-pace the books is because the show is working at a rate of 1 book per year, so the sixth season would start in 2016, 5 years after the release of the fifth book. There were respectively 5 and 6 years between the releases of the fourth and fifth books so that is why people are concerned. The sixth book might not be an issue to churn out before the HBO series catches up, but the seventh (and supposedly final one) could be a problem. GRRM is also 64 years old and looks like Santa Claus, so he isn't in great shape health-wise and that is why people are worried that he'll die before he finishes the series.

That was longer than I wanted it to be.
---

TL;DR
Season 1 (2011)= A Game of Thrones (1996)
Season 2 (2012)= A Clash of Kings (1998)
Season 3 (2013)= A Storm of Swords (2000)
----------Hypothetical going forward----------
Season 4 (2014)= A Feast for Crows (2005)/A Dance With Dragons (2011)
Season 5 (2015)= A Feast for Crows (2005)/A Dance With Dragons (2011)
Season 6 (2016)= The Winds of Winter (not yet completed)

The author is fat and old and writes slowly.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:06 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Inbetweeners is really funny. Peep Show is better.
Hell yes to this. Peep show is absolutely hilarious (and yea, I like the Inbetweeners too). An Idiot Abroad is also incredible in terms of funny British shows.