Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-07-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gregg Williams has been reinstated by the #NFL, and has been hired by the #Titans as Senior Assistant/Defense.
- Jim Wyatt

I like it. This defense needs better coaching/scheming and an attitude. Williams definitely brings that.

I kind of wish we could just make him D-Coordinator and relegate Gray to secondary coach or something. Meh, oh well.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He likely will have some influence on the defense, maybe even be the DC, just not have the title.

In the end, I think if Munch comes back for 2014 season, Williams will be DC and Gray will either leave or be DB coach
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gregg Williams looked really good in his press conference. Lost a lot of weight and looks years younger, plus he's rockin the goatee
Old 02-07-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheldon Richardson.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hello my friends! Once my computer is fixed I'll start posting again!

<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Hello my friends! Once my computer is fixed I'll start posting again!

<3
Get a smart phone ya hoser!

Plz come back. Plz.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bounty system for Titans please

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

From a front office view, what do you guys think the Titans are thinking heading into the offseason?

I think the primary concern for the front office is protecting Jake Locker, getting Cook under contract, and getting the defense up to speed.

The offensive line could be repaired easily with one move, signing Andy Levitre in free agency. In the draft, I think we will look long at Ezekiel Ansah. He has the ability to stop the run, and rush the passer from the inside on 3rd down. Wimbley, Ansah, Klug, Morgan and a blitzing Linebacker sounds like a winning pass rusher in my mind.

In the second, I think we'll look hard at a safety, I'm hoping Eric Reid or Matt Elam is available
Old 02-09-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
From a front office view, what do you guys think the Titans are thinking heading into the offseason?

I think the primary concern for the front office is protecting Jake Locker, getting Cook under contract, and getting the defense up to speed.

The offensive line could be repaired easily with one move, signing Andy Levitre in free agency. In the draft, I think we will look long at Ezekiel Ansah. He has the ability to stop the run, and rush the passer from the inside on 3rd down. Wimbley, Ansah, Klug, Morgan and a blitzing Linebacker sounds like a winning pass rusher in my mind.

In the second, I think we'll look hard at a safety, I'm hoping Eric Reid or Matt Elam is available
I agree that helping Locker needs to be our first priority. But I think that's a problem requiring a multi-pronged solution.

1. Obviously, part of the solution comes with better pass protection. Even though our pass protection has generally been OK over the past few years, we have to keep Locker from taking those huge, unblocked hits like the one that he took against the Texans which hurt his shoulder. Like most other Titans' fans, I'd LOVE for us to sign Levitre; but that won't be easy, as he'll be highly sought after by both the Bills and other teams. I thought that Velasco played pretty well last season; but Hutch (even if he returns) wasn't as impactful as people expected him to be. So I think we need to add at least two starting-caliber OL this offseason between FA and the draft. In his recent interview, Munch seemed to indicate the same thing -- as he stated that they needed to hit a homerun in this year's draft in the same way they did in 2005 when they got Roos, Stewart, and Loper for the OL.

2. Aside from the pass protection, improving our run blocking might actually help even more. Despite pressing too much early on last season and despite playing most of the season behind a truly terrible run blocking OL, CJ proved last year that he's still easily our best offensive player. We need to lean on him, use the running game to extend drives and limit our three-and-outs, and limit the instances in which Locker has to lead us from behind. Too often last year, we got behind early and put all the pressure on our QBs to make a comeback. So, let's focus on improving the run blocking and let's also bring in a true bruiser RB to help keep CJ fresh and to help with those short-yardage situations where CJ struggles. (Jamie Harper is NOT that short-yardage RB. He looks the part but doesn't play it.)

3. We surrounded Locker with some very talented receiving options in Britt, Wright, Cook, Washington, Williams, etc. Stevens looked much improved to me last year; and Thompson has potential if he can ever learn to run routes. Even Hawkins -- while overpaid for a #4 WR -- is talented and can contributed when needed; and Reynaud has some potential if used selectively in certain situations. So...now let's make sure that we retain that talent by re-signing Cook and making him more of a focal point on offense.

4. We need to modify our play-calling to suit Locker's strengths. He struggles with his accuracy. He's not great at making reads or anticipating where WRs are going to be if they modify their routes. Why Palmer tried to force him to be that QB is beyond me. (I don't blame Loggains so much last year because you can't really drastically overhaul an offense in the middle of the season. He was sorta stuck with Palmer's system and trying to make the best of it, which he clearly couldn't do either.) Rather than "fixing" him by forcing him into a system that amplifies his mistakes, we should be using a system that plays to his strengths. This isn't rocket-science. We've seen it this year with the 49ers, the Redskins, the Ravens, the Broncos, etc. -- modifying the offense toward the QB's strengths rather than forcing the QB into the system. (We seemed to have a square peg, round hole mentality this year.) So...what are Locker's strengths? He's got a huge, if erratic, arm that can make every NFL throw. He's very mobile and very athletic. Instead of asking him to stand in the pocket and pick apart opposing DEFs, which doesn't suit him, let's use some play-action. Let's move the pocket around a bit. Let's simplify things for him: make 1-2 reads and, if it isn't there, then take off.

Hopefully, we'll see this coaching staff and front office be smarter and more aggressive this offseason because, if they aren't, it'll likely be their last one here in Tennessee.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Nice post Mick. A couple things:

1) My opinion on the pass protection is while although we didn't have as good of a season as we did in past years, I think that can be directly correlated to injuries on the offensive line and Locker holding the ball. In my opinion, against the Texans was due to Jake Locker holding the play. I've watched the play 50 times, and there's no problem with the blocking. The line blocked from the inside our just like they're supposed to, Locker never saw the blitz coming from the outside, if he had he would have hit Jared Cook on a quick pass for a 7-10 yard gain. I agree they could go into the draft trying to address it like they did in 05, but people forget that in 05 we didn't use a first rounder on one. We hit on 2nd and 4th rounders.

I'm not saying the O-Line doesn't need addressed, but pass protection was fine. Locker needs to develop and read defenses and not hold the ball.

4. This is the best idea, especially has trouble reading the defense. Rollsout usually have 2-3 progressions. This is the biggest difference we can make this offseason. Jake Locker is not Aaron Rodgers, and why we try to run an offense like he is is beyond me. We should hardly ever play from the shotgun, in this scenario teams play the run on the way to the QB. Very rarely do teams run with success against in the shotgun.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Munch's goal is to win now, he isnt going to get another chance. The best way to do that is to highlight the only real strength of this team, which of course is our Linebackers. The best way to do that IMO is draft/sign a DT that can take on multiple blocks on a play to play basis... to hell if he is a one trick pony that cant rush the passer, we need a glorified 3-4 NT.... ala Ted Washington, Casey Hampton... if he turns out to be a financially motivated Haynesworth, all the better. I dont know who ezactly that player is in FA or the draft, but we need to identify him and do whatever it takes to get him... value be damned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well then let's find another Haynes. Can take the double and get in the backfield. We already know what we want, that's half the battle right? Hehe
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An easy way to help Locker would be to cut the field in half. Have all his progressions on one side of the field so he only has to read half of the defense during the play. Rollouts would be a big part of the offense, which is fortunate since Jake does it well. Give him a primary WR, a secondary check down to a TE/RB, and then have the final option be keeping the ball and running himself rather than forcing a bad throw.

We wouldn't be able to do that forever, but its the perfect way to settle down a QB and increase his confidence.

I've started to warm up to the coaching hires a bit more, especially after hiring Williams. Still feel like there were a few slam dunks made (George Henshaw at TE's, Sly Croom at RB's, Shawn Jefferson at WR's, and Williams as Asst. HC), but also some moves that seemed risky or questionable (Dowell Loggains as OC, Parlavecchio at LB's, Kaczur at ST's, and Dave Ragone at QB's). Can't wait to see how each guy does.

I want a DT who can collapse the pocket more than a space eater. A massive NT will benefit McCarthy most, and while he's good, our OLB's are where our bread needs to be buttered. Get a DT who can force the QB out of the pocket and into the range of Ayers and Brown. Star brings the best of both worlds, and fortunately, we'll have a shot at Richardson and Floyd who can be those pass rushing threats.

Regardless, I'm still adamant about DL in the first, S in the second, and then going OL in the third and fourth. I think that's the best way to improve the team. But I've probably beat that horse plenty.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-10-2013 at 10:26 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
An easy way to help Locker would be to cut the field in half. Have all his progressions on one side of the field so he only has to read half of the defense during the play. Rollouts would be a big part of the offense, which is fortunate since Jake does it well. Give him a primary WR, a secondary check down to a TE/RB, and then have the final option be keeping the ball and running himself rather than forcing a bad throw.

We wouldn't be able to do that forever, but its the perfect way to settle down a QB and increase his confidence.

I want a DT who can collapse the pocket more than a space eater. A massive NT will benefit McCarthy most, and while he's good, our OLB's are where our bread needs to be buttered. Get a DT who can force the QB out of the pocket and into the range of Ayers and Brown. Star brings the best of both worlds, and fortunately, we'll have a shot at Richardson and Floyd who can be those pass rushing threats.

Regardless, I'm still adamant about DL in the first, S in the second, and then going OL in the third and fourth. I think that's the best way to improve the team. But I've probably beat that horse plenty.
I pretty much agree with this -- particularly the need for a real game changer at DT. Right now, we've got a couple solid starting-calibur DTs (i.e. Casey, if healthy, and Martin) and a couple solid rotational DTs (Marks, if re-signed, and Klug). But we don't have that one guy who can consistently demand a double-team and/or consistently put pressure on the QB from up the gut. Star seems like the one DT most capable of that right now.

As far as the draft goes, I'm still of the opinion that we should either go OL or DL, based on the highest-rated player on our board at that point. Personally, since I'm assuming Star and Werner are both gone, I'd have Warmack ranked higher than Richardson, Floyd, Hankins, etc.; and so Warmack would be my choice there. And then I'd try to grab the best DL available in the 2nd Round. (But I'm not opposed to the opposite strategy either -- DL in 1st, OL in 2nd.) Another option with that #10 pick would be to trade back, but there are too many variables to hope for that (e.g. finding a willing trade partner, negotiating a beneficial trade, etc.) -- it could happen but I never count on it happening.

The problem with going S in the 2nd Round is that there's a VERY high chance in my opinion that Vacarro, Elam, and Reid will all be gone by that 2nd pick. And there's a significant drop-off after them, in my opinion. That's why I'd wait until the 3rd-5th area and try to nab a guy like Robert Lester, Jonathan Cyprien, Shawn Williams, etc. Of course, if Vacarro, Elam, and/or Reid somehow manage to fall to our 2nd pick, then that opens up different possibilities; but I just don't see that happening, unfortunately.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey can play nose in a 43. I thought that was his best position when he was coming out of college. We played Marks there alot this past season because he said himself that he was more comfortable being head up or slighty shaded over the center (probably attributes some to his jump in effectiveness). I'd like to slide Casey to the nose and get a guy like Richardson who can play the 3 and disrupt like crazy. An interior pressure guy would help this team alot in my opinion. Obviously a guy like Star would work, but I dont think he'll be available. I like Richardsons play on the field and motor more though.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I want to see Richardsons short splits, shuttle, and strength numbers at the combine. Can't teach athleticism and non stop motor, and he appears to have both of those.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Casey can play NT in the 43 as can Mike Martin. Many people wanted him as a 3-4 NT in the draft.

I really like the thought of signing Terrance Knighton in free agency, he didn't start towards the end of the season for the Jags so he should come at fair market value. It'd essentially be trading Marks for Knighton, which I think is a big upgrade.

In the end, I think we'll address the line in free agency whether it be Andy Levitre or Brandon Moore. Ideally, It will be the younger player in Levitre, but Moore is still a top RG in this league.

There's should be lots of players that will help us in the first, second and third rounds.

In the first, I'd like Richardson, Star, Ansah, Moore, Werner. If we traded down I'd be fine with Floyd, Vacarro, or possibly even Reid.

In the 2nd I have my heart set on Cornelius Carradine. He is a beast and should be fully recovered from his injury by the beginning of the season. He reminds me a lot of a mix between JPP and Justin Tuck.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

The team reportedly met with Chris Canty, former Cowboys DE in a 3-4 and Giants DT in a 43. Canty is 6'7" 317, and could be a good addition, especially if we are thinking about running a defense that shifts into a 3-4 at times.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Canty would be a nice pick up

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I have mixed feelings on it, ultimately I'd be ok with it if the price is right
Old 02-12-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I would like the pickup. He's a good player, and we need more good veteran players. Plus his skillset/build is completely different from any other DT on our roster.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I would like the pickup. He's a good player, and we need more good veteran players. Plus his skillset/build is completely different from any other DT on our roster.
Well...we probably need to bring in two DTs this offseason, since I don't think that SenDerrick Marks will be returning. And Chris Canty would give us a solid core of DTs with Canty, Casey, Martin, Klug, and a rookie.

But do we really need another "solid" starting DT? It seems to me that we're really in need of a game-changer type DT who can demand doubles, get after the QB, and help free up our DEs. As much as I like Canty, I'm not sure that he's that type of player. It's difficult to say because he was injured for much of last year.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Ultimately, I think Martin and Casey will be our starters with Canty and Klug being in rotation and possibly pass rushers.

We'll likely draft one even if we sign Canty, but I don't think DT is a huge need either way. A "game-changer" would help us a lot, but that's going to have to be in the draft. I like Terrance Knighton as an option in FA if Canty isn't signed and Knighton signs for a good price.

Knighton is 6'3" 335 and has really fallen out of favor in Jacksonville.

Either way, DT isn't a huge need for this team and I'd be relatively disappointed if we signed one for more than around $3m-$3.5m per season
Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Titans are also reportedly meeting with FA Safety George Wilson who was recently released by the Bills.

Wilson turns 32 next month. He rated out as the 8th best safety in the league according to PFF, however, the biggest knock on him is his inability to create turnovers and make the big play, last season he did not have a single turnover.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
But do we really need another "solid" starting DT? It seems to me that we're really in need of a game-changer type DT who can demand doubles, get after the QB, and help free up our DEs. As much as I like Canty, I'm not sure that he's that type of player. It's difficult to say because he was injured for much of last year.
If Marks is gone, then yes, I think we absolutely do. You cannot have enough quality defensive linemen.