Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-13-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is also a TON of good Safeties on the market right now, sucks we have no cap. I mean there are probably 6 safeties or so better then all the Safeties on our roster. We need one badly, I would hate if we go into the season with the same core but sadly we can't fix everything in one off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
You guys hear Kiffin has been telling players to study tape on Seattle? That makes me feel a lot better about how we'll use Claiborne and Carr. We spent heavy resources to get them because of their press man skills so this is music to my ears.

Also makes me wonder if we'll go the route of elephant DE opposite Ware, as we know Seattle plays Bryant on the strong side. Would certainly make Spencer expendable. Maybe Hatcher is a guy they look at to fill that role?
This brings up a good point. I can see Hatcher potentially filling that role, and producing well from that spot as DE on the strongside in the base defense. He could then kick inside in the nickel package and play a pass rushing DT.

If this is the case, we need to find a solid pass rusher to fill in for Hatcher and rush opposite of Ware. Similar to what Seattle does with Bruce Irvin. Do we bring back V. Butler to fill that role? He showed flashes of a dynamic pass rusher but struggled against the run. He could potentially be a good fit there. Or do we draft a guy that specializes in rushing the passer. One guy that we could get later in the draft that I've read good things about in regards to rushing the passer is David Bass from Missouri Western. I just got done looking at a mock draft that put him in the 6th round. I think he could even be worth our 5th round pick.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
You guys hear Kiffin has been telling players to study tape on Seattle? That makes me feel a lot better about how we'll use Claiborne and Carr. We spent heavy resources to get them because of their press man skills so this is music to my ears.

Also makes me wonder if we'll go the route of elephant DE opposite Ware, as we know Seattle plays Bryant on the strong side. Would certainly make Spencer expendable. Maybe Hatcher is a guy they look at to fill that role?
No haven't heard. Got a link?

Super cool though. Seattle's defense was impressive!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No haven't heard. Got a link?

Super cool though. Seattle's defense was impressive!
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...-defense.html/

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything similiar to Seattle's D is a huge plus, even in the slightest lol.

I also saw the Russ Lande mock from NFP that had Warmack going to us at 20. Does anyone have another bpa if for some reason Warmack does fall to us that we should take instead? I'd be fine with passing on Cooper for a Safety, DT, or DE, but if Warmack is there and we pass I'm not going to be a happy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is John Garrett, TE coach, still there or did he get fired?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I also saw the Russ Lande mock from NFP that had Warmack going to us at 20. Does anyone have another bpa if for some reason Warmack does fall to us that we should take instead? I'd be fine with passing on Cooper for a Safety, DT, or DE, but if Warmack is there and we pass I'm not going to be a happy person.
Flukerzzzzz!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Is John Garrett, TE coach, still there or did he get fired?
He left and is with the Bucs.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

18. Dallas Cowboys – Damontre Moore – DE – Texas A&M -
With so many talented defensive linemen in this year’s class, someone is bound to fall. And the Cowboys will be a potential landing spot considering their need for the right personnel for their new 4-3 scheme. Moore is a prototypical 4-3 end who would fit nicely opposite DeMarcus Ware.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 02-13-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He left and is with the Bucs.
Oh wow.. I wonder if there is more to the story behind that. I will have to do some digging, but I am surprised he left. Judd, I am guessing is still there, if not, then Jason is the only Garrett remaining.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It will be interesting to see where Jarvis Jones gets slotted on our board after his medical evaluation at the combine. The staff has shown a tendency to overlook injuries to get value and he could be a dark horse if he starts to slide. I'm with everyone who wants to add talent to the O-line but if Jarvis is a rare player who has a knack for creating turnovers. He is much more well rounded as a LB prospect then people give him credit for and I think he would be a very nice fit as the strong side backer in this scheme, especially if Monte creates a blitz package.

That being said Warmack is a tough pass in my book but I think Jerry is going to play the "value" game and try to maneuver down the round. I just hope it doesn't cost us a prime player at the end of the day.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

Jarvis Jones would be a perfect fit in Dallas in my opinion. He would basically fill two roles for Dallas, Sam LB and also nickel pass rusher. If we do play a scheme similar to Seattle's, and play big on the strong side, that means that Hatcher would be a good fit as the Strong side DE. Hatcher could then kick inside in the nickel package and have J. Jones put his hand on the ground and rush the passer, similar to how Von Miller is used in Denver.

If Jarvis is there at 18, I think it creates an easy decision for Jerry and the staff. Also, this thread would blow up with Jarvis Jones highlight tapes.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Agreed. Jarvis Jones is the first defender on my list if we don't go OL. I mostly just doubt that he's still there. Injury or not, dude is a maniac that teams will love the thought of having.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Marinelli hiring received enough attention on this board. I think that will end up being one of the top hirings we've made in the last few years. I'm excited to see what he can do with the line.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Smith released by the Jets. Time to bring him home to compete with Parnell at RT. Should be willing to play for incentives :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Jason Smith released by the Jets. Time to bring him home to compete with Parnell at RT. Should be willing to play for incentives :)
B U S T...We have enough busts on our line lol

Old 02-19-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
B U S T...We have enough busts on our line lol
Slim pickings you can't sign elite players at every spot. Salary cap sees to it that you take these type of low risk-high reward free agent chances.

At worst you have an experienced veteran swing tackle; at best you unlock Smith's talent and develop an elite RT.

I mean I was never super high on Jason Smith but he had some crazy praise in the lead-up to the draft.

Quote:
Tall, athletic left tackle prospect. Excellent straight-line speed and hustle, getting downfield on screens and long runs. Can pull and trap, running smoothly and adjusting to oncoming defenders. Moves to the second level quickly, using good angles to keep linebackers out of the play. Should work well in zone-blocking schemes with his ability to lock onto defenders and move. Gets down quickly to cut block despite his height. Adjusts well to outside blitzers. Willing to throw his man to the ground and keep him there. Has made significant improvement in terms of technique and strength over the past two years at left tackle.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, I remember reading somewhere that PFF actually had Smith with a decent grade this past year. My guess is that he's a cap casualty.

He may not be worthy of a top 5 pick, but I think the guy has a skill set that you have to give it a serious look.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Ugh this makes me sad.

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2013...s-of-data.html

Quote:
It demonstrates that the 2012 Cowboys had the 52nd best season in Cowboys history in running the football. Technically, they had the worst rushing season in Cowboys history on a per-game basis, but the 1960 Cowboys finish last due to a 12 game season. Had they 16 weeks, we are reasonably sure that the '60 Cowboys might have been able to find 217 more yards on the ground.

Think about that. Of all of the Cowboys teams ever, you might have just witnessed the single worst year of rushing the ball. Brutal on every level.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Damn you Romo

Old 02-23-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Jerry Jones says Tony Romo's improvisational abilities leave him more willing to play behind lesser offensive line to have best receivers

Jerry Jones on pending UFA Anthony Spencer, who is likely to leave team: "The number I have in mind is much less than he's going to take.''

Matt Mosley ‏@mattmosley
MT @Edwerderespn: Jerry Jones says Romo's improv skills leave him more willing to play behind lesser O-line -- oh joy.

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
The point Jerry is making about Romo's mobility is that you can't have it all with salary cap and Romo prefers concession on OL than WR-TE

Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys
Basic upshot of JJ tweets: Dont hold breath for OL help. Romo staying, Austin paycut, see ya Spencer, JG made hires, JG choice to call plays

Jerry Jones on WR Miles Austin: "Miles is very much in our plans."

Old 02-24-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly
I'm hearing word from by sources that Cowboys WR Dez Bryant got arrested last night in Miami-Dade. Working to confirm.

Well isnt this lovely

Old 02-24-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calm down...think whoever Omar Kelly is he got the wrong Dez.

Maybe Oakland's dez? Either way, wrong height/weight/DOB than the Cowboys Dez.

Our Dez tweeted a picture of himself in the gym at 3am.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Calm down...think whoever Omar Kelly is he got the wrong Dez.

Maybe Oakland's dez? Either way, wrong height/weight/DOB than the Cowboys Dez.

Our Dez tweeted a picture of himself in the gym at 3am.
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon
“@MichaelDavSmith: Desmond Bryant of the Raiders was arrested this morning. NOT Dez Bryant of the Cowboys.”

Your right! Thank goodness

Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry dropping some gems...

Quote:
Jerry Jones: When we win a Super Bowl, give me the credit as G.M.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...credit-as-g-m/

Quote:
Jones Said Cowboys Can Get Under Cap Without Romo Deal
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...0-62c68d82bcd1