Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok I was having this argument with my brother just a little while ago and I want to see where others stand on it.

Do you think Ahmad Bradshaw was a top 15 RB? I said no he is more like top 20.

What do you guys think about it?
Old 02-13-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way he was top 15. I would put him in the 20s too.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Who? Does this mean Tynes is gone? I don't like that, I love Tynes
I think it gives us options in free agency thats all. It also means we are looking to upgrade kicker and if Tynes is back, he will have to compete for his job.

Buehler is young and has a stong leg, he can compete in camp. I actually like this signing.

It could also mean we are looking to improve our field position on kick offs.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I really want Sheldon Richardson so bad. Dude is such a beast. I really wish we had a chance at him but sadly we don't.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See that's fine with me. To me the draft is all about raw talent. I don't really like finished products. I'm not a fan of high floor low ceiling guys. They translate to average players in the NFL.

Ideally you want both great measurables and refined talent, but to me athleticism translates to the NFL. Skill can be taught.

I'm not advocating that you always go with a raw freak, but when you do find one, I think you go through the diligence of digging into him and seeing if he's a piece of clay you can work with. And if he is, I'm all for it.

I feel that Ansah is like JPP in the sense that he's a piece of clay that will work out in the NFL and pay huge rewards under the right coaching and program. In our program, Ansah would flourish. We know how to develop pass rushers.
I agree, with the draft you are looking at 2-3 years into the future. Sometines freak physical tools can make a difference.

Sure it is nice if guys contribute early, but really you are rolling the dice with what they can be down the track.

If we drafted Ansah (and I do think we are the best situation for him), he will not get a lot of reps in his first year. He will sit behind Tuck and learn, while getting situational reps and probably featuring in our NASCAR packages.

The added plus is that by having a guy with Ansah's physical tools and (albeit raw) instincts breathing down his neck, Tuck is really going to be pushed to perform each week. You can also be sure Tuck would work his tail off in the offseason.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Damn, I really want Sheldon Richardson so bad. Dude is such a beast. I really wish we had a chance at him but sadly we don't.
We have four teams ahead of us changing their defensive fronts (Philadelphia, Cleveland, New Orleans and Dallas), so that is going to change how the draft unfolds. I am also expecting some players to really excel at the combine next week.

I recently did up a first round mock this morning, I had Richardson going at 18 to Dallas, but I do think there is a decent chance Ansah is there with our pick.
http://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draf...ck-draft/64290
Old 02-13-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, honestly, if Ansah and Richardson were both at our pick I think I'd have to go with Richardson. And I've loved Ansah for a long time now.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Zeke or Tank in rounds one or two, if that happens I don't much care about the rest of our picks as we should be able to snag a good DB and OL or DT with our other two day 1&2 picks. But those two are just perfect to line up opposite JPP moving forward.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean, honestly, if Ansah and Richardson were both at our pick I think I'd have to go with Richardson. And I've loved Ansah for a long time now.
Eh. I dunno. Ansah is a safer pick to me. Sounds crazy I know, but DTs bust so often in the NFL I rather get a DE. Plus I feel DE impacts the game more.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Eh. I dunno. Ansah is a safer pick to me. Sounds crazy I know, but DTs bust so often in the NFL I rather get a DE. Plus I feel DE impacts the game more.
I am with BBD on this one, also NYG does prioritise DEs alot more than DTs.

I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in a DT in free agency, plus you don't know how ready the front office think of Austin and Kuhn are to take a bigger role.

If it was between Ansah and Richardson for NYG, I believe Reese goes with Ansah, although many other teams would go the other way.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
He is, but Sheldon is special. His athleticism for the position is insane. DE impacts the game more because good DT's are harder find, for some of the reasons that have been mentioned (including they bust more). But if you can get a great DT that opens up A LOT for your exterior pass rush. To me that makes a great DT more valuable than great DE.

I'd definitely go Richardson if he's there over Ziggy, and I absolutely LOVE Ziggy and have since I watched him months ago.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just nervous with DTs. I've seen so many sure fire DTs in the past turn to nothing. We can list em. The last 2 sure fire DTs to make it were Suh and McCoy, and only now has McCoy finally started bringing in a return (due to health).

And those 2 were like the 2 best DT prospects of the past 10 years. And the funny thing is a 4th round DT in the same draft class, Geno Atkins, is better than both of them.

DT is so hard to scout. You just never know what youre gonna get with them. If he's the pick I won't be upset with it, he's been growing on me alot lately, but I still take Ansah over him.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I know this kind of got swept under the rug but there's no DC openings anywhere in the league. And Steve Spagnuolo is still looking for work.

Come on Giants. Pull the trigger. Bring Spags back.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I am open to drafting Richardson for sure. :)

I do think that if it was a choice between Ansah and Richardson, I think we go with the DE.

We have shown many times during Coughlin's tenure we are happy to draft DEs in the first round depsite having two and three quality starters already on board and needs at other position.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I know this kind of got swept under the rug but there's no DC openings anywhere in the league. And Steve Spagnuolo is still looking for work.

Please Reese/Coughlin, make it happen...

not sure it will though
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i LOVE how we A) need front 7 and B) this is a front 7 heavy draft. Easily my favorite aspect of football. I just love the front 7, idk haha. It's great talking about all this. So many prospects and possibilities
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

This draft actually lines up really well with our likley needs.

There is plenty of DL, LB and CB depth; OL is also well stocked.

There is even good depth at WR, TE and RB if after free agency these became needs.

Bear in mind though, that we are not likely to get immediate starters in the draft, our philosphy is generally building with the idea 2-3 years in the future with the rookies competing with veterans for playing time.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree. He must have been waiting for an opening but there its none left. We have to bring him here. That would be a great move.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would also love to bring him back but what would he do? He's not going to come here and be a position coach.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Would also love to bring him back but what would he do? He's not going to come here and be a position coach.
Don't worry. I'll take care of Fewell. I...uhm...know a guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Don't worry. I'll take care of Fewell. I...uhm...know a guy
This is Jersey afterall. We all know a guy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-14-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
This is Jersey afterall. We all know a guy.
I mean, I just assumed that everyone who lived in New Jersey was in a big mafia.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I mean, I just assumed that everyone who lived in New Jersey was in a big mafia.
It's a good assumption.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-14-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Haha, we all know a guy.

Whenever someone asks me if I know someone who does shady stuff (nothing violent), I'm always like I got a guy.

I'd make Spags Assistant HC and have him work with Fewell on cooking up blitz packages. It might rub Fewell the wrong way but **** Fewell anyway.

They'll never do that though.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Who is the assistant head coach right now?