Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation < NFLDC Dynasty Elite League 2013 >

Welcome to the 2013 NFLDC Dynasty Elite League!

League members (10) Xiomera, Giantsfan1080, BloodBrother, Brodeur, LTGiants, mqtirishfan, Jughead10, fenikz, marshallb, ImBrotherCane

Co-Commissioners: Xiomera and Giantsfan1080

League settings:
Roto scoring (R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
36 player rosters (4 DL slots)
Trades require three votes to veto
Daily lineup changes
Snake draft conducted on the forums (not live)
Initial waiver priority will be the inverse of the draft order

Keeper rules:
25 keepers from year to year with no expiring eligibly
There are no rules for prospects. You can draft a team completely devoid of them if you'd like. However, I strongly discourage any team from having too few or too many at season's end. 3 to 5 prospects is likely ideal.
(These keeper rules are subject to minor tweaking; advance notice will be given)
- No limit on starts by hitters. Tentatively set a 1900 IP limit for pitchers (subject to adjustment, but not by a significant amount).

Members are encouraged to strike a balance between winning in the present and winning in the future. This league is intended to continue for many seasons, which gives additional value to young players and prospects. However, teams are strongly discouraged from loading up on prospects at the expense of current competitiveness.

Some league rules are subject to change before the draft.

Draft rule: No more than five players with rookie eligibility (prospects) can be selected by one team.

Draft rule: There will be no trading of draft picks or players during the draft. All trades will need to wait until the rosters are entered into ESPN and then subjected to a formal veto process.

Also, any players taken in the annual June MLB Draft will not be eligible to be put on a roster during the same season. They'll all be included in the following draft (be it a prospects draft or a regular one).

League homepage: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leagueo...leagueId=21117

Last edited by Xiomera : 02-07-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phone list for on the clock alerts:

Last edited by Xiomera : 02-20-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Selection thread

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...4&#post3276324

Last edited by Xiomera : 02-19-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks good to me. I'd prefer not to do the league with Broduer, but everything else looks great.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

There was some debate between GF and I whether to make a separate draft strictly for prospects, but we decided against it.

If someone really wants a certain elite MLB prospect, I think it's unfair to limit the ability to acquire said prospect to the person with a top 2 or 3 pick in a prospects draft.

My hope is simply that someone doesn't get fully enamored with playing the long game and take too many prospects that are 2+ years away before they've assembled a team capable of winning this season.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So instead of a separate draft for prospects, it's all going to just be one big draft where we take both MLB talents + prospects that we want for our farm?
Old 02-13-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
So instead of a separate draft for prospects, it's all going to just be one big draft where we take both MLB talents + prospects that we want for our farm?
Yes Assuming you guys find this agreeable.

The main reason I didn't want a separate prospects draft is if someone really wants Oscar Tavares, for instance, they'd have to have the top one or two picks in that prospect draft to get him.

I realize this is no different than needing a top 3 pick to get Trout or Braun, but short of having an auction draft (which we won't), there's nothing I can do about that. It just becomes a matter of deciding how soon is too soon to gamble and take a prospect.

My hope is that we don't see players that haven't become MLB regulars yet taken before, say, the 10th round at least. But there's nothing preventing you from doing so. Everyone should play with 2013 contention in mind, though.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That works for me. The prospects would be on your roster taking up a bench spot as well, correct?
Old 02-13-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
That works for me. The prospects would be on your roster taking up a bench spot as well, correct?
Yes, which is why carrying more than four prospects that are not currently playing in MLB is probably unwise and unjustifiable. I can always bump roster size up by one or two, but I think it'll be OK.

13 positional players start (C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, Corner INF, Middle INF, 5 OF, Util), which is the ESPN standard for a 10-team league.

13 pitcher slots — Which seems like a lot, but will simply allow people to not have to shuffle their pitching staff quite as frequently.

That leaves nine roster spots to be used on a combination of reserve hitters, prospects and a couple more pitchers.

Not including players in Disabled List slots (I was generous with these), 350 players and prospects will be owned. I think that's about the level of depth I'm seeking for this, which admittedly is pretty deep.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this a minimum of 3 prospects, or is that just an idea of what can be done?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Is this a minimum of 3 prospects, or is that just an idea of what can be done?
That's still under consideration. There likely won't be a true minimum or maximum, but ideally we'll all keep the prospect counts within reason.

You'll know for sure before we draft.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Looks good to me. I'd prefer not to do the league with Broduer, but everything else looks great.
........................The **** did I do?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-14-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
........................The **** did I do?
Be yourself?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-14-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Be yourself?
Shut up Zak, I didn't ask you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-14-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shut up Zak, I didn't ask you.
Well's he right. I take it back though. Now that I realize there won't be a separate prospect draft, I want you in. Wasting all your picks on guys who won't play for 2 years, if ever.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I don't think I've ever even said anything to you directly in terms of offensive things, but alright then.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well's he right. I take it back though. Now that I realize there won't be a separate prospect draft, I want you in. Wasting all your picks on guys who won't play for 2 years, if ever.
MATT WIETERSZZZZZZ FIRST ROUNDZZZZ!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when Matt Wieters was going to hit like Piazza? That was fun.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-14-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Wieters will dominate this year, you'll all see.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-14-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I don't think I've ever even said anything to you directly in terms of offensive things, but alright then.
I'm just messing with you. I'm very happy with all the choices for this league.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think drafting Evan Gattis in the first round will be a great way of making a splash.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Old 02-14-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm already overanxious to begin drafting. Does anyone object to starting sooner than March 1st? Maybe the end of next week?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'm already overanxious to begin drafting. Does anyone object to starting sooner than March 1st? Maybe the end of next week?
Fiancee is due on February 26, so I'd rather wait.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm totally unavailable for anything on Tuesdays. I could leave lists, but beyond that I'm unreachable by phone and won't have access to a computer for more than 10 minutes at a time. This goes for both leagues, of course.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Closed Thread