Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
1) Michael Bourn
2) Michael Brantley
3) Asdrubal Cabrera
4) Nick Swisher
5) Carlos Santana
6) Jason Kipnis
7) Mark Reynolds
8) Drew Stubbs
9) Lonnie Chisenhall

Man...that lineup ain't half bad. If only they had a half-decent rotation to go with the bullpen and the Indians might have something.
I really hope McGuiness step up to take Stubbs spot.

I don't think I can stand a Reynolds-Stubbs duo in our lineup all year. We are bound the break the strikeouts records in a season if we do that.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
not when you are referencing his looks
Don't get me wrong I dislike Lackey... a lot but I had to clarify.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's with our WBC team? Anyone think we have a chance with that roster?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year's cub lineup is slightly less horrible than last year:

CF David DeJEsus
2B Darwin Barney
SS Starlin Castro
1B Anthony Rizzo
LF Alfonso Soriano
RF Nate Schierholtz
3B Ian Stweart
C Wellington Castro

Matt Garza
Edwin Jackson
Jeff Samardzija
Travis Wood
Scott Feldmen

Scott Hairston is a good fourth outfielder but infield depth is lacking, which is unfortuante because a lot of the prospects that are close to MLB ready are outfielders. Marmol still is at closer but I expect him to lose that job during the season. No 100 loss season this year I don't think but 70 wins is probably where they end up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CF Austin Jackson
RF Torii Hunter
3B Miguel Cabrera
1B Prince Fielder
DH Victor Martinez
LF Andy Dirks
SS Jhonny Peralta
C Alex Avila
2B Omar Infante

Rotation
1. Justin Verlander
2. Doug Fister
3. Max Scherzer
4. Anibal Sanchez
5. Rick Porcello/Drew Smyly

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What's with our WBC team? Anyone think we have a chance with that roster?
What was it?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
CF Austin Jackson
RF Torii Hunter
3B Miguel Cabrera
1B Prince Fielder
DH Victor Martinez
LF Andy Dirks
SS Jhonny Peralta
C Alex Avila
2B Omar Infante

Rotation
1. Justin Verlander
2. Doug Fister
3. Max Scherzer
4. Anibal Sanchez
5. Rick Porcello/Drew Smyly

The Royals got JAmes Shields now. Tigers don't stand a chance[/daytonmoore]
Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
What was it?
This was listed on the WBC website. Don't know if it is the "final" roster. Pitching is real weak. So is the infield compared to Venezuela.

http://web.worldbaseballclassic.com/...sa&team_id=940

There are obviously better choices but I'm not sure the eligibility rules.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 02-14-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Posey or Wieters at C? That's dumb.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-14-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
No Posey or Wieters at C? That's dumb.
No Prince Fielder. Trout. Harper. I think CC had restrictions since he was hurt at the end of last year. But there are some better options in my opinion for the bullpen as well.

I looked up the team because the Yankees told Pettitte they didn't want him to pitch. And I was like, what the hell is Pettitte doing on the team anyway. And then I saw what they currently had.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sweet willie bloomquist is on the team

USA's got this
Old 02-14-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I don't know how they came up with that team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-14-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But let me ask you this. Is he still a huge D-bag?
I wouldn't know, but maybe I will meet him this summer! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
This year's cub lineup is slightly less horrible than last year:

CF David DeJEsus
2B Darwin Barney
SS Starlin Castro
1B Anthony Rizzo
LF Alfonso Soriano
RF Nate Schierholtz
3B Ian Stweart
C Wellington Castro

Matt Garza
Edwin Jackson
Jeff Samardzija
Travis Wood
Scott Feldmen

Scott Hairston is a good fourth outfielder but infield depth is lacking, which is unfortuante because a lot of the prospects that are close to MLB ready are outfielders. Marmol still is at closer but I expect him to lose that job during the season. No 100 loss season this year I don't think but 70 wins is probably where they end up.
:/ America is imploding.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
sweet willie bloomquist is on the team

USA's got this
At least Bloomquist has a role. His versatility is useful. Can't have Dustin Pedroia and Phillips on the team because one would have to cover at SS or 3B. But Victorino? Seriously?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maddux is the pitching coach... I would actually like him to pitch over a few of the guys thats on the roster.

And the roster in the link is better than the one posted on here. A lot better.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Maddux is the pitching coach... I would actually like him to pitch over a few of the guys thats on the roster.

And the roster in the link is better than the one posted on here. A lot better.
I wonder if you can't take some pitchers below a certain age. I was kind of getting excited about the potential of the WBC and then I saw that. Where are Price, Cain, Verlander, Kershaw, etc.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 02-14-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not always talent on paper. Didn't Japan win it twice already? Now, do they have the best talent?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
It's not always talent on paper. Didn't Japan win it twice already? Now, do they have the best talent?
Of course they do not. Rarely does the best team in baseball even win the World Series. However fielding the best talent will still give you the best chance. Just because Japan won it twice when we sent our "A" talent, we should react by sending our "C" talent?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course they do not. Rarely does the best team in baseball even win the World Series. However fielding the best talent will still give you the best chance. Just because Japan won it twice when we sent our "A" talent, we should react by sending our "C" talent?
Maybe the no-name guys will be more motivated.

Seems like the stars don't always take it seriously.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:

Mike Trout reported to Angels' camp at 240 pounds.
Trout, who was listed at 210 pounds last season, gained 10-15 pounds over the winter. In the words of Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, while the 21-year-old outfielder looked like an NFL running back last season, he now resembles a fullback. Still, we wouldn't hesitate grabbing him as one of the first players off the board in fantasy drafts this spring.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's gonna steal half as many bases.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Trout reported to Angels' camp at 240 pounds.

mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Reds have hired Miguel Cairo as a special assistant to GM. I am just glad they did not bring him back as a player.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Adam Eaton, CF(L)
2. Martin Prado, 3B(R)
3. Aaron Hill, 2B(R)
4. Miguel Montero, C(L)
5. Paul Goldschmidt, 1B(R)
6. Jason Kubel, LF(L)
7. Cody Ross, RF(R)
8. Cliff Penington, SS(S)

1. Ian Kennedy(R)
2. Trevor Cahill(R)
3. Wade Miley(L)
4. Brandon McCarthy(R)
5. Tyler Skaggs(L)

Should be a 3 way battle between Skaggs, Corbin & Delgado for the #5 spot, I expect Collmenter to be the long man with the 2 "losers" going to AAA.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm shocked at that Trout news.

sig by BoneKrusher